[Drama 2019] Flower Crew: Joseon Matchmaking Maneuver Agency, 꽃파당 : 조선혼담공작소

0ly40

5 hours ago, mundaliv said:

MH’s father gave something to his niece. Is it poison? or who poison GD? 

GD goes to palace for the second selection because she wants to protect many people. Especially Lord Yun and MH. 

Noble idiocy of kdrama route then.

Based on the preview and scenes from last episode, I do believe whatever he gave his niece is poisonous, to be used in case she loses. I mean, we all root for MH but his father is a goner. I doubt exile is in the picture for him @chickfactor. His crimes are too grave. Soo might 'exile' MH and GD though, to appear as though he's punishing them for falling in love in each other, for MH failing in his duty, and GD for 'deceiving' him. At the same time, he's sending them far away so that she can never be used against him, and for her safety too. Also, I too hate "noble idiocy" in K-dramas, but I didn't take GD's action as one. She literally had no other viable options. Running away with MH was not a "happy ending" kind of option, not at the moment.

@nrllee I really don't think redemption is in the books for JH. I don't think she particularly nasty, either. She's a little mean-spirited, and she was brought up lacking in love. As a result, she doesn't have much love to give. We saw her hesitate here and there, but that's about it. When she chose to not wear the shoes Joon gave her, I took it as symbolic that her feet are never taking her towards Joon. She made her choice (wrong!), and she's going to have to walk down that path herself (we know where it would end).

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoaaa Nice episode 14. Now I wish I can be a GaeDdong, loved by 2 men who shed tears for her. Both MH and King Soo are equally handsome, equally kind loving, equally worth it. GD's future is actually bright, lucky woman!

Can we have Happy Ending that equally fair for both men. Writer-nim need a miracle plot, the easy way out . Let say: What if GD is, after all,  the (separated) biological sister of the King Soo...!?? LOL :) That will make her noble, Alrighty. King Soo won't be able to marry her but at least he will be happy he has sibling + keep GD around him. MH and GD will have happy ending together. It doesn't matter who will be the Queen.

Pal-Pun has a free spirit refreshing character, his face brought joy to the viewers.

Do-Joon, the flamboyant guy, Need a lesson in the end - I wish he could end up with Seom-Seom-i girl, she helped him all this time you know. His lips is so thick sexy that any shiny lipstick color suits him.

On 10/30/2019 at 10:44 PM, Moroodliin said:

Hello. Just watched episode 14. Really troubled by the Young Soo story. Almost no need in the drama development at the almost end. Seems its related how Park Ji Hoon name is trending as buzzworthy actor.

I was a silent reader of this thread but after seeing your opinion i have to come out and say this. From what I get from k-fans who read the original novel, Youngsoo's backstory was the biggest twist and it happened towards the end of the story, though there are some differences btw the novel and the drama but still his backstory was one of the most interesting points of the original novel. Park Jihoon has been topping the buzzworthy actor list even before the drama officially aired so his screen time in the 2 recent eps has nothing to do with it, also pls remind that flower crew is pre-produced and literally nobody would expect he would dominate the ranking amidst other big names actors even with just little screen time, so your statement makes it seem like the production team was being biased towards him when in fact it's not like that at all.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAZU3fNxi7FchHF7QYfrC4a6a83205d0d48cd9d65ba12ea3d6e05.jpg?x=b&a=0x0&s=380x214&q=h&e=t&f=t&cb=1images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLxSv2VHB4ewDP9zBOLhV

Sometimes pushing so much of a story and it's characters into such a small space of two episodes isn't as easy as it seems.  Proving that chapters within books are all to often much easier and much better for there is so much more room to express what is being said and meant. And yet it's the visual of dramas or movies that I for one love and often when reading wish to see and long for it being brought to life.

I love this drama because it's rich in giving us all different views of what love is and all the ways in which we are able to feel it, long for it, sacrifice for it and even change because of it.  A young ordinary man or so he thought whom lived among the people. Who worked, felt hunger and need.  Who fell in love and learned about life by experience first hand.  Became a king overnight and in a way lost the one thing he still wants more than the crown.

It might seem unfair and cruel to be left holding rejection instead of the woman's hand you love.  But what I love about this writer is the willingness to show not only the responsibility of wearing the crown but also it's price.  What makes a great king?  To me it's his understanding and knowledge of his peoples daily struggles and never forgetting that within every person lies a beating heart with the same needs, wants and even loss.

That even a king can't force or control nature or the heart but what he can do is remember well, by holding onto his memories and never forgetting the man he was beneath and before the crown.

For even when there is loss there is also something we gain...

Preview of tomorrow's epi. 

Spoiler

Seems like the last epi's jampacked as a lot of happenings has to take place. I hope the show will able to tie up all the loose ends and still hoping for a good ending bc the preview is kind of scaring me already. :tears:

6 minutes ago, clandeast said:

I hope the show will able to tie up all the loose ends and still hoping for a good ending bc the preview is kind of scaring me already. :tears:

I thought so too while watching the preview. All the scenes seem to point to a sad ending. However, I have a strong feeling it's going to be a good ending. This series has proved they don't need to show previews of the good stuff to draw people's attention. If I remember correctly, they didn't even show a preview of the kissing scene before the episode aired and it caught me by surprise. Maybe it's the same thing with the last episode. They only showed the bad parts but I think it will all be resolved well in the end and they're going to have a happy ending. 

Spoiler

Looks like Prince YeonWoo is coming back.  Lord Kang and Lord Ma seem to have join forces (coup d’état against Soo).  Lord Yun is back in the Palace (I think).  He had to save GD and her brother (as planned by the ever meticulous MH).   GD is back in Flower Crew agency after being poisoned with lip balm laced with wolfs bane (offered to her by Lady Ma)...she’s okay though and our OTP are together again.  YS is riddled with guilt from betraying MH and the gang...Guess this will only be resolved tonight.

"My life...  Was just a bonus for me."   images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpuq3vaP1K94Dnp0y2HlH

Sometimes it's not just the words but even more the understanding in what is being said and how a historical fictional moment can come across and make those of us in a modern world stop, think and reflect.  GSY was able to express a humbleness yet strength that made these words even more believable to me. 

Still need to watch the subbed episode tomorrow! Can’t believe it’s finished already!! What a journey we have here. 

I think what makes me really like the drama at the first place is the chemistry between MaHoon and GaeDdong. The second reason is Kim Min Jae’s acting. From the first episode he shows the charisma of a matchmaker with all of his smartness, calmness and the way he talks, it’s really good. The way he looked at GaeDdong is unbelievable! Not lot of laugh, very slight smile. but with eyes full of love! It’s when he examined the fortune of GD as Lady Yun in the court. Really powerful acting in here. Considering he is still young, looking forward to his other work. 

I could list some other favorite scenes but it would be a long post then :wub:

Don’t forget the acting of the other actors. They are all great! Never forget SJH sad eyes in here. Really sad indeed. 

Definitely will put this drama as one of my favorite drama! So sad that it’s finished 

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Flower Crew: Joseon Matchmaking Maneuver Agency, 꽃파당 : 조선혼담공작소

Quite satisfied with that end. Thank heavens Ji Hwa came good Joon was so smitten and glad she got her spunk that she had the beginning back.

So love her maid, my new ship...Kang and maid girl, can't believe  my dude got lyrics too, him saying she's beautiful  was such a cute scene, love it!!!!

Spoiler

Well, the outlines of the show ended as I predicted:

- Soo decides to focus on being a good king, realizes GD doesn't belong in the palace

- MH+GD

- Vice Premier is disgraced, his uppity daughter is taken down a few pegs, Do Joon is finally good enough for her (feh)

The plot remains mostly ridiculous, but it was fantasy and I enjoyed it. No one really got punished for what they did (Yeong Soo, Ji Hwa) - unless you count what happened to Hoon's dad. I mean, it was predictable, but mostly you just felt sorry for Hoon.

Good acting by all. I really enjoy the actor who played the Prime Minister, even though he was a totally meanie jerk. I mean, that booming voice and eyebrow-raising was all pretty cartoonish, but he was good!

So, the things that I will remember from this drama:

- Her name is DOG POOP. I still can't get over that.

- MinJae made "Dog Poop" sound almost classy. A feat in itself.

- MinJae + SeungYeon = seriously, they were adorable and HAWT together. It just worked. She was spunky and bright and lovable. He was the best I've ever seen in any drama of his.

- Poor Soo. I did love Soo. I think he truly did love GD and it will take time to get over her. But he will be fine. I will remember his cute, sad face.

This drama had its moments, at times it even veered off a lil but not uncommon in most K-Dramas, where direction get off course. 

LoL at Ji Hwa's Dad's face when told by Hoon his daughter isn't suited for role of Queen!:w00t::lol: that she's too ambitious & covets the King's role eventually~ Hoon's Dad remained consistently evil to the very end, disappointed he took the cowardly route-_- Really happy for the flower crew (well my heart breaks for Soo:tears: his eyelashes were real pretty though:lol:) & of course for Soo Yeon/Gae Ddong & Hoon:heart:

Ji Hwa is still ambitious as ever but at least she has a renewed sense of dignity & modesty. Overall I enjoyed watchin', it was mostly fluff & breezy with an eye candy cast. Take care everyone now onto the next drama:glasses:

Archived