[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

2 hours ago, berny2 said:

But Lee Do Hyun, is one hot sexy General hahhha....  really made me very curious of this actor.  As Chung Myung he can easily steal the limelight in this show.

firefly guard hottie anytime!! :wub: hahaha.. oops!

2 hours ago, kaxx said:

I automatically think of this super famous hotpot restaurant chain HaiDiLao (HDL as well).

So when I read the above "MW and CS will ride on the donkey to another deserted place to restart the HDL business.." I have to constantly remind myself it's a hotel not a restaurant chain. LOL.

i love HaiDiLao too!! tomato soup base yumyum!! maybe MW will see “what’s his name again??” IG on hotpot food blog and she will drag CS to china (on the donkey!) to eat the authentic HDL hotpot! sounds cute isn’t it hahahaha :lol:

• Like 6
  • Love 3

The 1,000 yr-old JiAn has visited her  Hoogye-dong neighborhood as Man -Wol,  hahhha so cute.

"JiAn, have you found comfort?"

Well, she runs a very unique hotel now, eats caviar, drinks champagne and drives luxury cars. No more left-overs for her now.

:lol:

Edited by berny2
  • Like 2
  • LOL 6

57 minutes ago, berny2 said:

"JiAn, have you found comfort?"

:lol:

JA/MW: Yes. Also I now like to use cars to decorate my garage. I don't drive them either. I have a chauffeur and his name is GCS.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

A nice compilation by TVN of Man Wol x Chan Sung bickering with/annoying each other. I love them so much. :tears:

It's also interesting to see how IU becomes more comfortable and campier as Man Wol. :D

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been away for a couple of months from soompi forums and this drama draws me back here lol. I gotta say, this might be one of the best drama so far in 2019. Clearly, IU's acting skills have improved so so much and I'm starting to like YJG as an actor (I somehow don't like his vibe idk why). The OSTs! Oh. My. Lord. Much love for the OSTs especially Heize's! I can't stop listening to it. And the cameos are daebak too, I can't wait to see Nam Da Reum in HDL :))

I do want to praise all of the staffs in make up, costume, and of course, the ones who works to set up the shooting set. It must be tough to display all the years of MW yet they pull it off nicely. Apart of me still can't believe I'm actually watching a horror drama because I hate it so so much yet I really like this one.

Can't wait for MW's story to be revealed more and her ties to CS. I don't have the time to read all these pages of this forum but I do want to know the theories everyone came up with... so I eventually will try to read it lol.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Ondine said:

A nice compilation by TVN of Man Wol x Chan Sung bickering with/annoying each other. I love them so much. :tears:

It's also interesting to see how IU becomes more comfortable and campier as Man Wol. :D

I love watching them bicker. :lol:

I can expect Yeo Jin Goo to be able to pull off the bickering scenes, but man! IU did a very good job bickering back and forth with him. She fit JMW's role very well. 

• Like 5

On 7/31/2019 at 2:05 AM, vangsweetie637 said:

Talking about theories, a friend of mine and i were discussing and she happened to stumble across an interesting theory somewhere. Theory goes that perhaps the real traitor is warrior guy. He tricked them to get close to MWs gang and earn their trust then led them to their demise. MW and YW survives but YW ends up being killed by warrior guy. For warrior guy, he gets the princess hand in marriage which may explain the bridal scene of MW. She is seeking revenge. By the look of her eyes, she is enraged and the bridal gown does look royalty. I thought this was very interesting. 

On 7/31/2019 at 9:58 AM, kaxx said:

Not sure if anyone has posted this but if you are up for more HDL episode by episode dissection/analysis/reviews,  https://bitchesoverdramas.com really goes into the details!

@vangsweetie637

Long time no see. How are you? :)

I agree that the Captain/Warrior could have released Yeonwoo from captivity with the intention of winning over Manwol's confidence. She was after all the bandits' leader and there was a price for her head.  (lol. Please ask your friend if she watched Love O2O.  This was used as a story line in Love O2O. Xiao Nai rewrote Weiwei's game story so that Captain of the Guard ended up exiling himself, instead of killing himself, after he betrayed Weiwei.) 

However, the problem with your friend's theory is that it overlooks the fact that:  

a) Manwol survives and

b) the Captain/Warrior guy as well as Yeonwoo are dead.

Sure, that Captain could have killed Yeonwoo but that would still leave two people alive, Manwol and the Captain.   

Since Manwol is the Last Woman Standing, then we have to consider that she was the one who killed the Captain.  

Ma Go asked her, "Who else did you kill for the sake of the dead?" when they first met in Episode 1?

In essence, Ma Go was asking her who did she sacrifice in retaliation or revenge for those people who died for her. Manwol got angry and drew her sword to cut Ma Go's neck. Thus, Ma Go's question is significant to understanding her crime and punishment. 

j8fIohv.jpg

It's also possible that the shadow creeping up behind her was the Captain's ghost.

K4Up7YX.jpg

Thanks, @kaxx.

I was wondering how come my blog was getting hits from soompi and I saw it was you. If you drop by and comment, just introduce yourself as a soompi poster. 

See y'all later. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

21 hours ago, brielover said:

Ooh, and we know that CS was the 0 choice.  CS stuck between 2 deaths? Lol.

If 0 represents CS in 404 

It could mean  that CS is  surrounded by dead people.

--- Since yeong (0) also means eternal/forever, CS will forever be the one that MW love.

It could possibly foreshadow that CS will face another death. 

--- The first 4 means he already died and he got reincarnated the second 4 that he might face death again (I hope this won't happen).

1. Memory gets twisted (the blind ghost). Is her memory twisted?

It's either MW or CS or it could be both,

I read somewhere before that when MW became the owner of the inn (now hotel) some of her memories were erased. 

It could also be CS because he still can only see partial parts of the pasts through his dreams but eventually he'll find out the truth about who he was and what really happened to MW and the past

2. The tiger and the painting.  She's like the tiger, dead but alive, just standing in place because she has no place to return to - it no longer exists? 

Speaking about this Baekdu Mountain (Baekdusan) painting

tumblr_pv2gzsfCxv1ysdlreo9_r1_1280.png

It's possible it's the same lake in episode 6 where ManWol and CheongMyung had a conversation.

tumblr_pv2gzsfCxv1ysdlreo10_r2_1280.png

Speaking about the lake,  the lake in Baekdu is called Cheonji Lake or the "Heaven Lake"

090802_p01_chunzi.jpg

Like the tiger,  to MW that place is like a heaven or a paradise for her, where she had good , happy and fondest moments and memories in the past.

Now she can never return to those moments or never go back to the past when she was truly happy. 

5. Can't forget the raging vengeful spirit at the beginning dressed in armour.  

It's possible that it's foreshadowing that  someone will go after CS and takes his revenge on him.

I read somewhere that in CS's past life his friend was killed by him and that friend to chase him  to get his revenge. (It's either YeonWoo or CheongMyung)

14 hours ago, kaxx said:

3. The red string was cut.  Is this why she believes CS can't be the Captain - was the tie between her and the Captain cut in the past so he would never reincarnated s her soul mate?  But Ma go has 'made a path' again? My instinct but could be many other interpretations.  Yours?

For me I think that this will be MW's lesson as well - do you let go or insist on holding onto "him" (be it the person from her past life or this life's CS)

additional

it could also be

1) letting go of her pain and sorrows in the past and move on

2) conquering their fate /destiny 

4. The old man and the dog.  Foreshadowing?  How is this related to MW?  

The most I can relate to would be MW asks CS to see her off as his final guest, but he follows her too? The thing is no one mentioned when is she his last guest. He could be there till the end of his life and leaves with her (that would be incredibly bittersweet)  

The dog symbolizes loyalty, fidelity, faithfulness.

CS will remain loyal to her and never love anyone else or never get married even to the last day of his life.

Though it's bittersweet, It's possible that they'll meet again in next life (reincarnation)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 5

6 minutes ago, uglypearl said:

If 0 represents CS in 404 

It could mean  that CS is  surrounded by dead people.

--- Since yeong (0) also means eternal/forever, CS will forever be the one that MW love.

It could possibly foreshadow that CS will face another death. 

--- The first 4 means he already died and he got reincarnated the second 4 that he might face death again (I hope this won't happen).

It's either MW or CS or it could be both,

I read somewhere before that when MW became the owner of the inn (now hotel) some of her memories were erased. 

It could also be CS because he still can only see partial parts of the pasts through his dreams but eventually he'll find out the truth about who he was and what really happened to MW and the past

Speaking about this Baekdu Mountain (Baekdusan) painting

It's possible it's the same lake in episode 6 where ManWol and CheongMyung had a conversation.

Speaking about the lake,  the lake in Baekdu is called Cheonji Lake or the "Heaven Lake"

Like the tiger,  to MW that place like a heaven or a paradise to her, where she had good , happy and fondest moments and memories in the past.

Now she can never return to those moments or never go back to the past when she was truly happy. 

It's possible that it's foreshadowing that  someone will go after CS and takes his revenge on him.

I read somewhere that in CS's past life his friend was killed by him and that friend take his revenge.

additional

it could also be

1) letting go of her pain and sorrows in the past and move on

2) conquering their fate /destiny 

The dog symbolizes loyalty, fidelity, faithfulness.

CS will remain loyal to her and never love anyone else or never get married even to the last day of his life.

Though it's bittersweet, It's possible that they'll meet again in next life (reincarnation)

Some very plausible answers here.  I particularly like that it might be CS who doesn't see her memories accurately, and actually he's been misunderstanding lots of things to date though he is learning fast.

The beach, the lake, the painting lake, Diana's Mirror - lake at ritual site - they've all got similarities in vista and scene construction.  Tenuous but not a big stretch.  Doubtful that anything much will come from this but her natural home does seem to be beside a body of water!

Yes, the dog metaphor could hold true.

Who is this friend that CS killed in his past?  Or is that a past life? Can you imagine him killing someone in this one except out of  desperate self-defense or an accident?  Even then, wouldn't something like that have scarred his optimistic personality?  I wonder how this plot will play out.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, brielover said:

Who is this friend that CS killed in his past?  Or is that a past life? Can you imagine him killing someone in this one except out of  desperate self-defense or an accident?  Even then, wouldn't something like that have scarred his optimistic personality?  I wonder how this plot will play out.

It's between YeonWoo or CheongMyeong.  One of them killed the other and one of them reincarnated as ChanSeong.

• Like 3

On 8/1/2019 at 7:20 PM, lightbringer06 said:

Yes, of course, I am! You should watch it now...and join us waiting for it every weekend :D :P. So you've watched The Crowned Clown too?

Ok! Yes I've watched The Crowned Clown! I think Yeo Jin Goo did a great job as Ha Sun and Lee Hun! I can't wait to watch him in this drama! I ask, "How will he act?"

• Like 3

3 hours ago, brielover said:

Am I imagining it or is her style getting, not fully, but generally softer as times goes on.  More floating, floral, pastels and whites?  Or maybe the weather is just warming up lol.  

I hope she moves onto softer flowy dresses cause I already feel stuffy looking at her gloves, lol.

Hope YJG gets to shed his heavy jackets to lighter material too. 

• Like 4

The PD said that this week we'll get the full story of Man Wol's past! My body is ready! :w00t: Although I'm guessing they won't reveal if Chansung is indeed a reincarnation? Because they still need to keep some mystery, right? (Or maybe not.)

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, Ondine said:

The PD said that this week we'll get the full story of Man Wol's past! My body is ready:w00t: 

can’t wait!! i’ll be lurking here for live updates from dear chingus here :wub: i have to wait till mon evening for both episodes to be available with eng subs........ :tears:

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Ondine said:

The PD said that this week we'll get the full story of Man Wol's past! My body is ready! :w00t: Although I'm guessing they won't reveal if Chansung is indeed a reincarnation? Because they still need to keep some mystery, right? (Or maybe not.)

YES!!

It's okay, the reincarnation can be explain later, explain their past. We need to know what happen. I've been thinking of tons of scenarios of JMW's past, but everytime an episode comes, my theory is always wrong. So I stop guessing to myself and let it all be revealed.

Super excited now! :)

New cover for the upcoming OST sing by Chungha

CR to original owner

• Like 7