[Drama 2020] Forest, 포레스트

larus

That VLive :lol:.  It’s subbed by the way (thank you to PHJ fans). View it here  https://m.vlive.tv/video/177207  You just need to turn on subs (English).  He answers some questions.  One of which is what we suspected here?  That he eats with his left and writes with his right hand.  The lizard was part real, part CGI (the real lizard was far too sedate :lol: and wouldn’t cooperate in the action scenes) so only the lizard in his hand was real?  The other bits were all CGI.  He wasn’t happy with the Human Torch hand effect either :lol:.   He doesn’t like coffee (too bitter) and prefers sweet drinks.  Also there were comments about his Ahjumma perm :lol: (his reply below). Lots of international fans... @nonski he keeps mentioning his shoulder(s)?  Does he have an injury that prevents him from certain movements?  He said he had to quit tennis because it aggravated his shoulder and he couldn’t exercise because of his shoulders.  

9-BA998-C3-9-D0-B-4-BFF-BBD2-4554-D16-E9

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

d97168d112ef46fb9c54fd7bf6100329.jpeg?s=

Park Hae Jin Talks About Improvised Kiss Scene With Jo Bo Ah In “Forest”

Mar 1, 2020
by U. Kim

Park Hae Jin took part in a V Live broadcast for KBS 2TV’s “Forest” on March 1 and shared stories about filming for the drama.

“Forest” tells the story of emergency service worker Kang San Hyuk (Park Hae Jin) and passionate young surgeon Jung Young Jae (Jo Bo Ah) who spend time together in a mysterious forest and discover the truth about their intertwined pasts.

Asked what the best and worst parts about filming in the mountains was, the actor answered, “Because I live in Seoul, it hadn’t been easy for me to go to the mountains. I was able to breathe all the fresh air I wanted. But it was too cold.”

When a viewer chose Park Hae Jin’s “jjokkomi” aegyo scene as their favorite, he shared how hard it was to film the scene as a man from Busan (Men from Busan are often described as being brusque). “Even while filming the scene, I wasn’t sure how to do it right. I asked Jo Bo Ah about it a lot. I was cringing while watching the broadcast. But I’m thankful a lot of viewers enjoyed it,” said Park Hae Jin.

Park Hae Jin praised his co-star Jo Bo Ah, saying, “Jo Bo Ah has a very nice personality. She adjusts herself to each person, so we’re able to film well on set.” He also revealed, “The kiss scene in the rain with Jo Bo Ah was actually not part of the script. It didn’t rain the way we wanted it to, so we had a hard time. My lines and Jo Bo Ah’s lines were all improvised. Everything in the whole scene including the timing of the kiss was improvised.”

Park Hae Jin also showed his love for his family. He shared, “When I don’t have anything special, I watch ‘Forest’ with my nieces and family when it airs. My nieces, who turned seven and ten this year, call me by my character’s name and chase me around. When I’m not working, I make tanghulu (Chinese candied fruit on sticks) with my nieces and play with them.”

Lastly, he picked Kang San Hyuk’s past as the point to focus on while watching the rest of “Forest.” He explained, “Kang San Hyuk’s past will be revealed from now on, and it will be more entertaining if you focus on that aspect. I would like for you to continue watching ‘Forest.’ Please give us your precious attention.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1385881wpp/park-hae-jin-talks-about-improvised-kiss-scene-with-jo-bo-ah-in-forest

26 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I thought he had nephews?  

Maybe he has nephews. A translation thing?  I am not saying that the one who wrote the article doesn`t know the Korean language very well but when I use Google translate, it is always confusing about the pronumes. Korean grammar is complex. Maybe sometimes some plural pronouns are difficult to figured out. Like English "they" used without specifying the gender.

I hope I did not say a  lots of stupid things. I don`t know anything about Korean language.  It was just a thought.

Or maybe he has nieces. :D

Am I the first one who watch "Forest" because of Korean pronunciation? PHJ's articulation and pronunciation is a "paradise" for ears of someone who starts Korean :). The second aspect is...the main hero - the forest/Korean one.

@PeVe I don’t know enough of the language to distinguish if his pronunciation is great or not.  All I know is that he’s masterful with diction and where he puts his pauses and punctuations for effect.  It flows naturally and he’s not just mechanically reciting lines.  He understands the meaning/significance behind the lines and therefore breathes life into them.  His Mandarin is pretty accurate too.  He gets the sounds right which is crucial in Mandarin so when I listen to him I don’t have to guess at what he’s saying.  

@nrllee I saw his Happy Camp and I am quite impressed with his Mandarin. I didn’t watch his C dramas though.

I noticed that some people mentioned about speaking great Korean pronunciation as Koreans (?)  I don’t know  there’s such thing. Because in other lingos I had never heard of something like that. Yoo Inna also being praises by many colleagues as great in Korean pronunciation. Care to explain, please? Anyone? 

11 minutes ago, cenching said:

Yoo Inna also being praises by many colleagues as great in Korean pronunciation. Care to explain, please? Anyone? 

I am learning Korean and whilst they don’t have the 4 tones/sounds like in Chinese, I do find some of the sounds hard to distinguish.  So I liken it to how some Chinese speakers aren’t particularly accurate with their “z” and “zh”?  Most people will be able to make out which word you are referring to based on the context of the sentence but if you’re really particular about it, it’s not totally accurate unless you say it right?  So maybe this is what they mean when they say they are great in pronunciation?

As for his CDramas his voice is fully dubbed.  His Mandarin is not good enough to dialogue.  But what he does say (like what he did in Forest in HK) is pretty good.

@hulya.23_d801 I'm dying to see their reactions after acting out this scene. I could imagine them laughing at themselves as to how they were able to act this out considering PHJ's true personality. :joy:

He really acted beyond his comfort zone so I salute him for showing us a different side of him. Wished KBS would show us BTS clips of this.

BGR6PD.gif

0r4Nno.gif

Thanks for the gifset. :blush:

Spoiler

They're having a real date as an official couple! Can't wait to see it.   :love:

9 hours ago, nrllee said:

I am learning Korean

Thank you for the previous answering. I also study Korean language  just - firstly for pleasure and fun with all the hidden philosophy and  secondly - it is an artificial language which provoking me more.. Maybe  I am a little lucky one because the "rustling sounds" we have in our language (Polish)and Korean seems a little familiar and PHJ's pronunciation is more convincing. I must listen to PHJ's Mandarin!

Actors' private life should be out of gossiping etc..but the viewers..:) are the other story.  Observing PHJ"s mimic, his face - it is a hidden saddnes and pain - beautiful ones for characters but his smile...uhm... When you have a dramatical past, childhood etc..and you don't know what "smile" means you can see PHJ's trying to do it. Watching the scenes I see only a grimace put into the smile frame = painful, catching picture and tears in my eyes. I don't want to touch anyone but only show my modest opinion - you can see this symptom among your friends, family etc... PHJ has this type of smile , ideal one for acting in Forest !

20 hours ago, cenching said:

Btw, will the brood parasite mother makes an appearance in the latter episodes??? <_<<_<

I hope this drama will not descend to this makjang 狗血.... I have read a pretty convincing theory in some other forums regarding to the what the Taesung conspiracy would really be about [don't want to spoil the fun in case other members here are looking to some sleuth work so I will just leave the theory out in this post], and I think it will take the centre stage in later plots.

On 2/28/2020 at 5:16 PM, beyaruth said:

I just realized that I've been watching kdramas for nearly 20 years now but still couldn't understand their language... Maybe I'm just not born with linguistic skills. (I can speak Tagalog, English & a few Chinese Amoy/ Hokkien & only 10 Mandarin words so my brain couldn't accommodate Korean anymore ) 

Hokkien is even harder than Mandarin, my friend, so you already have pretty good Chinese already :glasses:

You lives in PH? I have good memories travelled in Manila & La Union last Xmas. The Forest scenes in SM Mall of Asia (including that Zipline) and Intramuros recalled my time there [though I fell into tourist trap in Intramuros for a ridiculously overcharged tricycle tour in Intramuros, but other than that, the experience has been nice]

17 Picture-Perfect Moments Of Park Hae Jin And Jo Bo Ah’s Chemistry In “Forest”

Mar 2, 2020
by U. Kim
a3998f13d0e04da3aa18c13de6af3f2c.jpeg?s=

Are you enjoying Park Hae Jin and Jo Bo Ah’s chemistry in KBS 2TV’s “Forest”?

“Forest” tells the story of emergency service worker Kang San Hyuk (Park Hae Jin) and passionate young surgeon Jung Young Jae (Jo Bo Ah) who spend time together in a mysterious forest and discover the truth about their intertwined pasts.

Park Hae Jin and Jo Bo Ah shared many romantic moments throughout the drama. If you’d like to see some of their best moments captured in stills, keep scrolling for high quality images of the pair!

park-hae-jin-jo-bo-ah-10.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1386000wpp/17-picture-perfect-moments-of-park-hae-jin-and-jo-bo-ahs-chemistry-in-forest

@rocher22

In that beautiful house of them with the equally beautiful greenery, a gorgeous man and a pretty woman living together in such secluded place, it’s hard not to falls in love hard to each other...:love: 

60530338-B474-434-D-924-C-6-A81-FB4-B928

I don’t remember this scene...Upcoming??

Park Hae Jin And Jo Bo Ah Go On A Sweet Shopping Date In “Forest”

Mar 2, 2020
by C. Hong
60899f70e50b4ca5b49f448e07ee675e.jpeg?s=

Valentine’s Day may be long in the past, but sweet romance is still in the air on KBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Forest!”

“Forest” tells the story of an emergency services worker with memory issues (Park Hae Jin) and a passionate young surgeon (Jo Bo Ah), who are drawn to each other in a mysterious forest as they uncover the truth behind their shared past.

Spoiler

Park Hae Jin’s character, Kang San Hyeok, and Jo Bo Ah’s character, Jung Young Jae, originally had a confrontational chemistry, pretending to have no interest in each other and picking fights, but they eventually learned about each other’s sincere feelings and became lovers.

Last episode, Kang San Hyeok suffered after he remembered the time when he was abandoned by his mother at ten years old. But when Jung Young Jae stayed by his side without a word, Kang San Hyeok could no longer hide his feelings for her and confessed everything he had been hiding until then. Jung Young Jae, although afraid of a future in which things don’t work out, accepted his sincere feelings and the two shared a kiss.

In new stills released by “Forest,” the two of them go on a proper date at a shopping mall. Kang San Hyeok looks down on Jung Young Jae with a sweet and caring expression, while Jung Young Jae is overflowing with happiness.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1386063wpp/park-hae-jin-and-jo-bo-ah-go-on-a-sweet-shopping-date-in-forest

Archived