[Drama 2020] Forest, 포레스트

larus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@cenching That scene was in the clinic when his phantom pain triggered where she administered sedative then the next scene was the ghost story. :)

Spoiler

@000231846597 Yes, I live in the Philippines. We speak Tagalog & Hokkien language at home. My mom is a Cantonese can speak Cantonese, Amoy/Hokkien, Mandarin, English, Tagalog and Pangalatok dialect. Glad you had a nice time overall in my country. Really Pedal Tricycle charges higher because it requires more effort and hardwork even I avoid riding it because jeepney ride is cheaper.

Well I was expecting to see our OTP (joggomi Couple/ Left Hand Couple) riding a "Calesa" (horse drawn carriage) as I had seen a photo of them last year but don't know why the pedal tricycle... well never mind. :tounge_xd:

@beyaruth

If you speak Hokkian, it won’t be difficult for you to understand Korean since Hokkian/TeoChew shared many similar words with Korean.  For example student, in both Korean and Hokkian is Hak Seng. River = Kang/gang, Princess = Kong Chu and some more. You just need to take note when you are watching.

Monday night pass, today is Tuesday. Hello Wednesday!! 

I wonder how KSH wear a purple tshirt n strap bag? It was so unlikely for him, where he always wear something much more classy looking. Anyway, he looks boyish in that scene and she is beautiful. As couple, of course u will kiss in this heated moment! Blimey, its a wet situation. This forest is doing good to this couple. Teraphy to the soul. Healing power. 

Just now, cenching said:

@beyaruth

If you speak Hokkian, it won’t be difficult for you to understand Korean since Hokkian/TeoChew shared many similar words with Korean.  For example student, in both Korean and Hokkian is Hak Seng. River = Kang/gang, Princess = Kong Chu and some more. You just need to take note when you are watching.

So true, me and my sister noticed it too. Chin Chia- so true! Untong- exercise Dihun-divorce etc etc...

But I don't comprehend if it's in straight conversation and sentences and already got mixed up with other words. :sweatingbullets:

I liked last weeks episodes. I don't mind the conflict between them. Or i should say i actually even like it. Because it's not because of some stupid kdrama misunderstanding. That said i think a lot of people are annoyed at the female leads in other kdramas if they would act like him.

As i said i liked the episodes. I think it was a good idea to link his busisness plotline to the romance. And just having them in one place and then let them do their own stuff (and run into each other a few times).

But we gotta talk about the director

Why would you zoom out here??

Spoiler

@Fabbo I also like how the writer was able to show KSH's life struggle as the reason why he behaves the way he does and made him able to finally admit and confess to JYJ so that she could understand him deeper. The scene when he revealed he was left by his mom at the age of 10 so he asked her for pity if she couldn't trust him anymore at least be the reason for her to stay by his side. I love the way he confessed saying he deeply wanted her by his side. :wub:  I can't remember PHJ's character in CITT if he was able to do that to KGE's character coz I still puzzled by his behavior (character) in that drama upto the end... (correct me if I'm wrong then I might have missed something there)

4 Pivotal Events In Park Hae Jin And Jo Bo Ah’s Love Story In “Forest”

Mar 2, 2020
by S. Cho
1f1a1e1c28d74d509f299f87a56bed22.jpeg?s=

Despite that their relationship initially appeared to be an endless bickering battle, Park Hae Jin and Jo Bo Ah have slowly but surely fallen in love in KBS’s “Forest.”

“Forest” tells the story of a man who has everything except a heart and a woman who has lost everything except her heart. The two meet in a mysterious forest and work together to uncover its secrets, falling in love while trying to do so. The popular drama has remained the top-rated Wednesday-Thursday drama for five weeks straight.

Spoiler

With their latest kiss scene after confirming their feelings for one another, Kang San Hyeok (Park Hae Jin) and Jung Young Jae (Jo Bo Ah) have officially emerged as a couple and are converting the mood of the drama. Here are four critical moments in the pair’s relationship that have brought them to be the happy couple they are now!

The coffee incident

Forest-8.jpg

While still feeling the effects of the anesthesia from his phantom pain treatment, Kang San Hyeok heads to the hospital cafeteria where he intercepts the coffee that Jung Young Jae had ordered. She initially asks him to hand over the coffee, but after realizing that Kang San Hyeok is a patient, she revises her request to instead ask for the money. A couple days later, Jung Young Jae swipes the coffee Kang San Hyeok ordered, but he is unable to remember the first incident and tells her not to become a sewer beetle. After belatedly realizing that he was in debt to Jung Young Jae for accidentally taking her coffee, he serves a round of coffee for the hospital in her name before firmly telling her that there won’t be any reason for them to meet again.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1386150wpp/4-pivotal-events-in-park-hae-jin-and-jo-bo-ahs-love-story-in-forest

3 hours ago, beyaruth said:

I can't remember PHJ's character in CITT if he was able to do that to KGE's character coz I still puzzled by his behavior (character) in that drama upto the end... (correct me if I'm wrong then I might have missed something there)

off topic so in spoiler

Spoiler

He confessed to liking her.  But he was a troubled individual with issues that needed therapy.  That’s why he disappeared for a bit in the end.  I would’ve liked for the PD to tie it off better with him reappearing at the end but she didn’t.  It was all inferred.  Here’s how I interpreted his character.  His father was petrified that his son YooJung would make the same mistakes he did in the past.  His father had anger issues.  He inadvertently put untold pressure on YooJung to never be angry or upset or act out.  YooJung lived as a repressed lonely individual who was a doormat.  Everyone just took advantage of him.  He was never able to deal with all those negative feelings of injustice, resentment, anger in any productive or healthy way.  His father made sure he never could act out of line by placing “eyes” to watch him all the time.  It’s very oppressive.  He never learnt how to deal with those negative feelings or even put a name to them.  Which was why Seol was so frustrated with him initially because he didn’t seem to act angry or upset or jealous.  He couldn’t put words to those feelings because he had learnt to suppress them all his life.  When he felt jealous/angry about InHo, he never voiced it.  He didn’t know how.  He was taught (by his dad) that he shouldn’t ever feel like that so he just lived life burying the feelings inside.  His actions of manipulating situations were just his way of using others to act out those feelings.  Remember he’s not allowed to step out of line in any way because his father was always watching.  So he would manipulate others to get his way or get things done thereby distancing himself from the actual event.  It was his way of “acting out” without ever being “found out”.  An outlet for all those repressed feelings.  It meant that others would misread him because on the outside, he would seem to be your friend and help you cover up your mistake but he would also use that situation against you later if it suited him. He would never overtly punch you or yell at you but he would covertly use others and manipulate the situation to get you in trouble.  That was his way of dealing with his dislike and negativity towards you.  It was devious and I know a lot felt that he wasn’t to be trusted.  And there is truth in that.  But he wasn’t a psychopath.  He just never learnt how to confront people in a productive, healthy way.  His father made sure he had no such opportunity by telling him to just disregard those feelings ever existed.  Seol eventually got him to learn to put a name on those feelings and to talk about it.  And his fist fight with InHo was a turning point in dealing with anger in more overt ways.  But he still had a long way to go.  I just wish the PD had given him some proper epilogue in the end.  The last scene with Seol on her laptop wasn’t sufficient.  He needed to reappear in her life with a better mindset.  Everyone else seemed to have a happy ever after.  Poor YooJung needed more than just a “read” notice on Seol’s laptop to wrap things up nicely.

PHJ said YooJung was the most challenging character for him to portray because so much of his character is hidden.  He represses his feelings so you have to watch him very carefully in order to “get where he’s coming from”.  He never voices his hurts, his jealousies, his anger or negativity.  It’s all inferred.  He shouldn’t worry though.  Personally for me, he played the part perfectly.  I could tell even if he didn’t say it, that he was angry, or upset, or jealous...even if he as YooJung couldn’t put a name on those feelings, his body language and facial expressions said it all.

I think PHJ mentioned that there were scenes which were filmed about his childhood and background scenes with other individuals (which the PD chose not to air) which would’ve helped clarify his actions more.  He was bitterly disappointed with how his character was portrayed as a result because those scenes never saw light of day.  Not even in the DVD as “deleted scenes”.  I feel badly for him.  It was obvious that whatever differences the PD and original webtoon writer had with each other played out in how the drama developed.  The actors/actresses were just caught in the melee.  Unfortunate but that was just how it all played out.  

@nrllee Thanks for thoroughly explaining it to me. That's why I felt his issue in CITT was unresolved. I read some sentiments about it too and I felt bad for him too with that outcome. Anyway, I'm so glad that his character in Forest is well described and as he mentioned on V Live the coming episodes are about to unfold the story of their past. 

Looking forward to see... 

I am thankful that this drama is totally preproduced so we get to watch it to the end.  Unlike some dramas screening now who are experiencing stop/starts because of COVID.  Praying that things get resolved soon in Korea.  It can’t be a “happy environment” to be working in with that hanging over your head.

Quiz time...how many of the 5 questions asked in PHJ’s VLive will you get right?  I got 1 :lol:...epic fail...  First one.  Put your answer in a spoiler so others after you can Guess too :)

743020-F7-02-CD-4-C60-AB0-D-6-D25-CF45-D

Well.. I'm confessed. While my boss was screaming and yelling for thing was not suppose as he wanted, I was checking my phone. To be exact, this thread! 

Oh please, make my day bright and sunny with our couple story. 

Another day to my countdown. We hoo! 

Archived