[Drama 2020] Forest, 포레스트

larus

Hello Foresters!

Sorry been away for this week's liveblogging as my source is not working.  Hopefully we will have one this week and hoping dongsaeng @jeonghyang will be around already.

Also busy preparing for another food support for Old School Intern.  Hoping also that some of you would like to join us (Official PHJ Philippines Fan Club and PHJ Malaysia will be sending a burger truck again, the same one we sent during the FOREST filiming).  Pls. PM me if interested.

@nrllee @cenching

Yes it seems so as observed by most because when he eat it's with his left hand but sometimes uses his right as well.  He only uses left when eating, when writing, PHJ uses his right hand tho.  I guess whichever he is comfortable or more used to.  I heard of some parents train their children to be right handed.  

I am happy with the way things are going now with the storyline in Forest.  The first time the  flashback of three kids in the forest already signalled a possible connection with our leads and CC.  

I also love how things are going for JYJ and KSH in terms of emotional development.  These two people both have issues that needs healing, as promised by this drama.  Will comment more  later.  As to subs, a certain site is now subbed up to episode 16.

also @katakwasabi chingu i saw too that the notice was taken down, maybe a signal to post again :) 

btw for our chingus who just commented lately I will be adding your names on my roll call so I won't have to go back again. :)  just in case you might wonder. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since using the Netflix, i havent download kdrama for so long. I'm only using direct download for chinese drama. Even Hyun Bin drama didnt hook me to watch them. With Forest, i go crazy again but suddenly realized a few websites I've used to visit arent able to show. After reading here and there, it might be blocked. I've downloaded VPN, and yes, able to find the download file and English subtitle til the latest episode again, episode 16. Yeay ~~ Happy. 

27 minutes ago, beyaruth said:

Is this a jelous KSH after seeing JYJ called out by her ex BF? :tounge_xd:

Wonder what the text messages are...

Is that a spoiler??? :scream: How come?!?! At first fans weren’t allowed to post snippets and now they were giving out big spoiler?!?! :scream: Weird indeed....:joy:

12 minutes ago, beyaruth said:

Is this a jelous KSH after seeing JYJ called out by her ex BF? :tounge_xd:

Wonder what the text messages are...

Using Papago translator, 

First line ~ Are you kidding? I have an appointment. 

2nd line ~ Then shall we have a drink? Really for the first time?

3rd line, I cannot make out what it means...

23 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Using Papago translator, 

First line ~ Are you kidding? I have an appointment. 

2nd line ~ Then shall we have a drink? Really for the first time?

3rd line, I cannot make out what it means...

I will add:

PHJ: Would you like to have dinner with me?

JBA: Are you kidding me?!?! I have an appointment 

PHJ: Then shall we have a drink?

JBA: *no direct translation 

But then she blocked PHJ, I think...:joy: 

add.

I stand corrected, not a Korean speaker...:ph34r:

Let me make correction, he is saying “for the last time” not first time. So maybe there’s the previous context of them having a meal for the last time. Could that be when they argued by the front yard? So this time he’s asking her to eat together again, really for the last time... and she got angry because he was the one who said they’re done with each other and yet still suggesting to meet. 

12 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Let me make correction, he is saying “for the last time” not first time. So maybe there’s the previous context of them having a meal for the last time. Could that be when they argued by the front yard? So this time he’s asking her to eat together again, really for the last time... and she got angry because he was the one who said they’re done with each other and yet still suggesting to meet. 

And from the new stills, he seems to be “stalking” her....:joy:

a9277b0bff254c32bfe7585f926f7fe4.jpeg?s=

Jo Bo Ah Returns To Her Carefree High School Days In “Forest”

Feb 24, 2020
by C. Hong

KBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Forest” has released stills of Jo Bo Ah in a flashback to her character’s high school days.

“Forest” tells the story of an emergency service worker with memory issues named Kang San Hyeok (Park Hae Jin) and a passionate young surgeon named Jung Young Jae (Jo Bo Ah), who spend time together in a mysterious forest and discover the truth about their intertwined pasts.

In the new stills, Jung Young Jae is pictured as a bright and vivacious high school student playing volleyball and goofing off with her friends. She is amusingly described as “being good at everything except studying. (In a previous episode, Jung Young Jae had confessed to Kang San Hyeok that she had not been good at studying when she was younger.)

One of her friends from that time is Oh Bo Mi (Jung Yeon Joo), whom Jung Young Jae recently met again as an adult. The warm vibe in the flashback stills are prompting viewers’ curiosity about what happened to make the two friends turn against each other in the present.

jo-bo-ah-forest.jpg

The flashback scenes were filmed at a high school in Gangneung, Gangwon Province. The staff members were full of praise for Jo Bo Ah’s youthful attitude when she appeared on set with a ponytail and gym clothes. The actress also made everyone on set laugh when she showed her volleyball and dancing skills during rehearsal.

The production staff stated, “Jo Bo Ah’s perfect synchronization with her character brings the atmosphere on set up every time. Through this scene, you will be able to see where Jung Young Jae and Oh Bo Mi got their extreme nicknames, as well as other secret stories. Please tune in.”

The next episode of Forest” airs on February 26 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1384719wpp/jo-bo-ah-returns-to-her-carefree-high-school-days-in-forest

I know we all excited with this couple but I have concern too.. About KSH job as the resque team. Dont he is now breaking law by using internal data for personal gain? Alas, his RLI team is bad from the beginning. They bribe, spies, using a crack in written law to win, etc etc. Even the competitor is seen doing shady things too... Hmmm ~~ Arent they above law? 

I'm waiting for the scene when the hell break loose. What will their reaction when finding KSH is not as normal people is. I've read somewhere KSH, CC and OBM were a childhood friend, isn't it? Cannot wait for the mystery to be reveal. And y lah the BTS is being block here? I want to see thier interaction, people! 

Ah... well... it's good to know that sometimes I can be right about things when I speculate. ;) Taesung has been very very naughty indeed. And yeah as suspected... the resort was a cover story for something more dastardly. It begs the question though... what have they been dumping into the mountain spring? It also proves I think how KSH's own competitive greed has led him down this garden path. There were already a number of red flags. He needs to fail... sad to say... and fail hard. That will be his path to redemption.

While I think the show improves incrementally, it still comes across to me as a story in search of a script... or a director or characters... whatever the case may be. Somewhere in that forest is a good (or even great) story to be told. Sigh. I wonder if the subbers feel the same because those subs don't seem to come out at the usual breakneck speed. And that KSH... what an insufferable fellow. It must be what insanity looks like. To be so smart and so idiotic all at the same time. To go from one end of the pendulum swing to the other. I find him utterly exhausting. I can't remember the last time I saw a character more determined to be hated and mocked by the people around him. He struts his stuff in such embarrassing fashion and he wears it like a badge of honour. He has these moments of incredible clarity and then goes and spoil it all by being a complete donkey's cousin the next. A good dose of humility would do him a world of good. (Not to mention a great big kick at his rear end from here to kingdom come)

(Honestly I can't wait for PHJ to go back, playing stoic, psychopathic characters again)

That said there's no doubt that the leads are good together. They are practically the glue that's holding this house of cards together. JBA is downright lovely. She reminds me of Meg Ryan in her heyday. JYJ at least comes across as relatable. Her character is Mother Teresa next to KSH man-child displays. Why she thinks he's the one for her... boggles my mind... but perhaps compared to the loser that ditched her he is something of a step up. :P I certainly wouldn't put her together with Choi Chang... even though right now, I'm liking him a lot more than KSH. But that's not how it works. ;)

I know that they both like each other despite all their protestations. Even Dad can see it. And I like that particular manifestation of KHS that was showing deference in front of Dad and being more down-to-earth. It's a pity that we don't get to see more of that. Majority of the time he's a caricature.

Why do I feel like he will be dragged kicking and screaming to the next kiss...

14 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Honestly I can't wait for PHJ to go back, playing stoic, psychopathic characters again

off topic 

Spoiler

Yes to this... I need him in a “serious” drama (slice of life would be perfect).  His next venture hints at comedy as well. :mellow:  I don’t mind some comedy but he shines best in roles where the overall mood in a drama/movie is more somber.  He was at his absolute best in Cheese in the Trap.  Bad Guys was a close second.

Forest: Episodes 13-16 Open Thread

by missvictrix

F4_1N.jpg

We’re at the halfway point in our forest tale, and childhood traumas are starting to connect to our present day. We learn about our doctor’s past, and even more about our rescue worker’s repressed memories. As history starts to repeat itself, everything goes up in flames (literally and figuratively).

EPISODES 13-16 WEECAP

F4_2D.jpgF4_2B.jpg

But first, another day, another bathrobe. While San-hyuk seems to be gloating after their kisses, Young-jae is mortified and wants to forget the whole thing. However, that’s kind of hard to do when her father pops in for a visit and San-hyuk is left naked in her bathroom with his bathrobe out of reach. His boiler was broken and he wanted a shower so he used her bathroom (is it logical that they have separate boilers in the same house?) — and a whole lot of misunderstandings ensue. Also an amazing boiiing! sound effect when Young-jae sees him naked.

But more than the romantic entanglements, our suspicions are confirmed 100% that Young-jae was indeed trapped in that car as a child. Her parents died, the kind rescue work saved her, adopted her, and is quite the sweet surrogate father. He knows a little too much about her string of failed relationships, though, and is consequently pretty excited that she’s living with a guy like San-hyuk.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/02/forest-episodes-13-16-open-thread/

“Forest” Previews Sweet Moment Between Park Hae Jin And Jo Bo Ah

b645a26bcd1f4003a12b09221aad0698.jpeg?s=

Feb 25, 2020
by L. Kim

KBS 2TV’s “Forest” has released new stills of Park Hae Jin and Jo Bo Ah getting closer.

“Forest” tells the story of emergency service worker Kang San Hyuk (Park Hae Jin) and passionate young surgeon Jung Young Jae (Jo Bo Ah) who spend time together in a mysterious forest and discover the truth about their intertwined pasts.

Spoiler

In the last episode, Kang San Hyuk found hidden cameras installed in his home and made Jung Young Jae stay at his house. Jung Young Jae spilled wine on the floor, and Kang San Hyuk helped her clean it, which drew a romantic atmosphere between the two. However, Kang San Hyuk became angry after discovering her looking at his psychological test paper from Seoul’s Myungsung Hospital on her laptop. The romance between them shattered, raising curiosity about their complicated relationship.

The new stills show Kang San Hyuk and Jung Young Jae sleeping together in the same bed. She is curled up beside him, and his head is turned in her direction, drawing anticipation for the progression of their romantic chemistry once again.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1384880wpp/forest-previews-sweet-moment-between-park-hae-jin-and-jo-bo-ah

Archived