[Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

larus

What.. they finish filming? So fast...sigh...

ps. Where is the one with JKY's hair's up. This old ajummah eye sight is not so good... hehe

On Tammy and Morgan issue of marriage... while the drama is quite modern, somehow it probably will stick to convention - ie, marriage. Imagine if they do accidently create a child while living together, will Tammy be okay not getting married and have her child be bullied in the future because the parents are not married? Or are we even going to think of abortion. That would be sad for Morgon :(

At least everyone will get enough rest from the drama and free to move on elsewhere.. :)

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure since she is 38 or above and sexually active she has heard of birth control. Besides both parties can practice it. I dislike accidental pregnancy as a plot point.

You can't have a roomful of savvy educated women then make them practice stupidity when it comes to birth control. Besides, they have enough money to actually be a single parent and hire a private nanny.

This isn't that sort of drama I hope. If it's a daily or weekend drama then yes I believe the writer may write in a pregnancy.

Hi...bian-ne, I’m so late in the game...as in sharing thoughts in this forum.

I live on kdramas and there had been a drought but this season, it has been breathless (coupled with RL, of course)! And I have to say something about Search : WWW before it ends! (I saw that they have wrapped up filming already!!!) And I’m not ready...:tears:

I. LOVE. THIS. DRAMA. TO. BITS. :wub: 

I rewatched episodes and scenes/dialogues when I wind down each night. That’s how much I love it! I seriously don’t think I can count many dramas I would do that (ok, maybe WFKBJ...).

Anyway, I have more or less read all your input and everyone has different takeaways. And I do understand and respect each person’s perspective. This drama is not quite mainstream popular but to me it’s considered progressive for all the kdrama tropes that we are used to.

Here are some highlights for me:

1. It’s such an intelligent script. The dialogue is not cheesy (by the women especially!) and the content is so good. Korea is a highly wired country after all. The power of the internet, social media, knetizens, etc. It’s so current and relevant. 

2. Grrrl Power Rulez! Wow. Love it when a woman can hold her own in a male-dominated field or even in the traditional circles in Korea. What more 3 stellar women!!! For once, in a kdrama, I’m rooting for all the couples! They each bring an enjoyable loveliness to their romance.

They each have their “realistic” challenges, many thrown in by the scriptwriter - noona/dongsaeng romance, adopted/abandoned child, domineering & stifling matriarch, rejected son in family business, corruptness in the industry and in the family business, frenemies, relationships among women, girl crushes/hints of liberated women relationships, you name it, they are all there!!! And they are all weaved in quite seamlessly. As I write, I feel like giving the writer a standing ovation! Daebak! 

(Side note: For those who think Ta Mi is rude to Morgan and/or inappropriate(?), I think with all the scandals in K-Ent now, we should be give the typical kdrama tropes of male aggressive wrist-grabs, shoving and male posturing a rest yah? I really like it that women can be portrayed as strong and humanely in control too, just not the evil matriarch control, like the MIL...<_<)

3. And the makjang drama within a drama!!! It’s soooooo brilliant and how we fell in love with this newbie(?) Seol Ji Hwan along with Scarlett. Did we not get emotional with Scarlett as she “watched” each episode of the makjang drama and squealed constantly when they are together? Hahahahaha so awesome!

4. At this point I want to share something that really stood out for me. The actress that played the harsh, heartless and manipulative Mother-in-law... I LOVE IT! How many dramas has this older actress been in where she played a rural/timid/suffering harmoni!!! (The latest that I can remember, Top Star Yoo Baek, where she was the humble grandma of the female lead!) Never have I seen her dressed so modern, act so ruthless and so convincing! What a transformation! So cool! (Ok,  not her character in this drama but that’s not my point). 

5. And of course as a Mr Sunshine fan, I had to give props to Pyo Yoon Soo! Again so different from his character as the Japanese leader! I love that he could also be a cheesy womanizer! And a little shoutout to my beloved Goo Dong Mae’s...loyal ronin henchman, hah. He played a small role as the hacker who was hired by GG’s husband to put Ta Mi’s name in the ranking.

6. Now for our main couple, I know there are bored fans, and others distracted by the 2nd leads or 3rd leads (although they all almost carry an equal weight compared to most kdramas, I’m really happy about that!).

I love the main couple. A very sexy modern relationship portrayed. Not the usual coy, hesitant-to-show-affection-type, not quite the hot and bothered but controlled with enough spice and peppered with an enticing dialogue kind of rom-com!

I love their open, flirty conversations (For once in a kdrama!!! Brings a whole new level of shexy to a kdrama!). Ta Mi’s practical comebacks are as a matured savvy career woman would say and Morgan’s direct but sometimes arrogant answers as a hot blooded male in his prime would give!

Basically, I enjoyed their moments, hopefully the onesided “chosarang” in the piano teacher is just a distraction. I don’t think anyone can come between Ta Mi & Morgan, they are meant for each other and they will continue to work out their issues in their relationship. That’s the lovely about them.

We can see why Morgan was initially insecure and kept bringing up abandonment (“Are you going to leave next morning, are you going to run away from me, don’t abandon me”, etc, etc). Even if the lines were delivered in the smooth, sexy way that only Jang Ki Yong knows how...hahahahaha and I will forgive the writer for Ta Mi’s nonexistent family background. Too much to explore in this drama and the writer already has so much going on. Hah. 

7. Last but not least, the sets, the colors and the FLARES. I LOVE THEM TOO...HAHAHA I mean, yes, it’s overused and dang, they are distracting and not forgetting the fake petal/rain flurries! But SO BEAUTIFUL! Bring them on PD-Nim! I’m a sucker for such effects. :wub:

There. I have said it. I’m happy now. Cheers to all who are here and enjoying the show. At this point, I don’t really care if it’s open-ended or not all the couples end up together. It’s a beautiful and refreshing kdrama I will enjoy for a while. 

Have a good week ahead everyone! Hwaiting! :wub:

Last, last thought: LOVE THE OST! 03ohn’s voice is gorgeous...current earworm for those mellow days...:wub:

Last, last, last thought: How can I not mention Ellie’s minor character in the story? That mentor/mentee scene between her and Ta Mi with the condescending top webtoon illustrator was priceless. That’s a moving reality-check scene I love very much. I think I teared along with Ellie. :tears:

What a coincidence. As I was reminded by jbying7 about re-watching this drama I went on YT so I could continue listening through the playlist (not watching, since I've to work but I was listening to the cut clips instead & even that I find it soothing - this is how much I love / enjoy this drama). A new clip was released by tvN of GG's dark cooking that resulted in a mountain height of seaweeds. Here's for a great laugh & to enjoy together with Ahpheng's strip. I laugh every time I see GG's seaweed and the BGM is a gem, so so apt. LOLLL.

When this drama started I was so into it. I loved that there are kick richard simmons women in it and that they are strong and fight about real stuff not just about getting the guy.  I love the age difference and that they all struggle with balancing being strong and in change and being in relationships. Recently I am not so sure I like the turn in how the women all seem to have problems with being vulnerable in their personal relationships.  I want one of them to be strong enough to be in love and take the risk to play their relationship out.  I want these strong women to be strong enough to love and live well.  Korea is not my culture but I want to believe that a modern mature woman who is smart and in charge can also step up and take charge in her personal life.  Right now the story line is on the edge of letting me down.  I need one of these ladies to win not just in their professional life but to win in their private life as well. They don't all have to get married but I do need one of them to find a way take the risk of loving well.  Being strong and in charge does not mean you are doomed to live a lonely life.

Watch: Cast Of “Search: WWW” Show Off Perfect Chemistry In New Making-Of Video

by S. Park
86b95cb2ff92413587c26fdf8bb5a550.jpeg?s=

The cast of “Search: WWW” is having a great time on set!

On July 15, the drama released a making-of video for the filming of episodes 11 and 12.

The clip began with Song Ka Kyung (played by Jeon Hye Jin) and Oh Jin Woo (played by Ji Seung Hyun) saying their lines at the dinner table before bursting into laughter at his romantic line. They then laid in bed together and expressed awe at the remote-controlled bed.

Cha Hyun (played by Lee Da Hee) helped Seol Ji Hwan (played by Lee Jae Wook) read lines for his drama “What’s Wrong With My Mother-In-Law?” (literal title). The director commented that she was too good at reading the lines and suggested she make it more awkward.

Seol Ji Hwan, on the other hand, was asked to be more aggressive. The actor was unsure about his hug scene, but did great after Lee Da Hee showed him an example.

Park Mo Geon (played by Jang Ki Yong) had some difficulty while vacuuming the home of his girlfriend Bae Ta Mi (played by Im Soo Jung) due to his height. Im Soo Jung then made the crew laugh when she had trouble getting on his back.

“It takes me a while to get down because he’s so tall,” said the actress. “My feet don’t reach the ground. I can’t land where I expected to.” Jang Ki Yong wittily replied, “I think you weigh about 30 or 31 kilograms (approximately 66 pounds to 68 pounds).”

Im Soo Jung and Lee Da Hee were also full of jokes and laughter as they shot the part where Cha Hyun gets drunk and the two enjoy a sleepover.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1338910wpp/watch-cast-of-search-www-show-off-perfect-chemistry-in-new-making-of-video

Since Tammy wasnt even sexually active active before she met Morgan, i doubt that she has birth control pills ready at hand when they first slept together.  Of course, things can change now after they being committed to be in a relationship.

As a pro happy ending drama, i hope there is no option for single parenthood, just a loving couple, creating a happy family together :)

On viki there is a discussion about the age gap between Tammy and Morgan. Here too I have noticed some don't understand the attraction between a younger man and an older woman.  They act as if 10 years is 100.  No one would even give it a thought if the age difference were the other way around. Age is a state of mind not just a number on a calendar. I know 20 somethings that are mature with souls as old as time and 50 somethings that have never grown up. Love is about a meeting of minds and souls not about the number of years you have been on the planet. In many ways, Morgan is the one with wisdom and maturity, not Tammy.  When you love and live together over time it's not the outer shell that matters and keeps you going it's the inner heart and spirit that ties you together.  So hear to hoping Tammy grows up so she can match Morgan in emotional wisdom and maturity.

Today is the D-DAY!!!

now i start to wonder:

1. Will Tammy Reconcile with Morgan? Or they officially break up by hugging each other one last time?

2. Is JH leaving? Or he reintroduce himself as a new friend to Scarlet instead of Actor ?

3. Will JW and GG divorced? 

I am sooo sad that next week is the last episode... i want more !!!!! 

12 hours ago, lindas55 said:

On viki there is a discussion about the age gap between Tammy and Morgan. Here too I have noticed some don't understand the attraction between a younger man and an older woman.  They act as if 10 years is 100.  No one would even give it a thought if the age difference were the other way around. Age is a state of mind not just a number on a calendar. I know 20 somethings that are mature with souls as old as time and 50 somethings that have never grown up. Love is about a meeting of minds and souls not about the number of years you have been on the planet. In many ways, Morgan is the one with wisdom and maturity, not Tammy.  When you love and live together over time it's not the outer shell that matters and keeps you going it's the inner heart and spirit that ties you together.  So hear to hoping Tammy grows up so she can match Morgan in emotional wisdom and maturity.

Personally, I'm fine with Morgan and Tammy's age gap because Morgan's almost 30 and seems to have enough life experience and sense of self to keep up with and relate to Tammy. I would feel differently about a ten-year age gap if he were 19 or 20 years old, and especially if the sexes were reversed. I know there are some exceedingly mature and experienced people for their age, as well as the opposite, but I think for many people age does relate somewhat to where you are in life and where you want to go. I think larger age differences become important when one party is a young adult, because the power relation can be very uneven in so many aspects, and maybe become less important in general (depends on the particular couple of course) when both parties are older adults like Tammy and Morgan.

Search Query: WWW: Episode 9

by LollyPip

Search09-00434.jpg

Navigating morals and ethics may seem easy, since we’re all raised to know the difference between right and wrong. But everyone makes mistakes even when they have the best of intentions, and a past mistake comes back to haunt our Barro team, threatening to change things forever.

EPISODE 9 RECAP

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/07/search-query-www-episode-9/

Archived