[Drama 2019] Doctor Prisoner, 닥터 프리즈너

larus

Namgoong Min, Hello Venus’s Nara, And More Are Full Of Joy Behind The Scenes Of “Doctor Prisoner”

by S. Park
078d2ace7cb54bfd906965562d5f66bc.jpeg?s=

KBS’s upcoming drama “Doctor Prisoner” has shared new photos of its cast behind the scenes!

“Doctor Prisoner” is a new suspense drama about a brilliant surgeon (played by Namgoong Min) who is forced out of his position at a large hospital after facing false allegations. He then begins working at the medical ward of a prison in order to gain connections with criminals and bigwigs to plan his revenge.

On March 16, KBS released behind-the-scenes photos of its cast looking adorable on set, in contrast to their fierce and serious characters. The photos feature Namgoong Min and Kim Byung Chul, who will battle for the throne of their prison; Hello Venus’s Nara, who will play an ambitious psychiatrist; Choi Won Young, who will play the calculating heir to a major conglomerate; Lee Da In, who will play a cold and self-interested lawyer; Park Eun Suk, who will play a reckless second-generation chaebol; Lee Min Young; and more.

In the photos, Namgoong Min and Nara have made stunning transformations into a surgeon and a psychiatrist respectively. According to the production staff, the two actors have played a big part in creating a comfortable atmosphere on set, and they have reportedly displayed great chemistry while studying medical terminology together and practicing their lines.

Contrary to the intense, ruthless vibes they showed in the drama’s preview, Kim Byung Chul and Choi Won Young flash warm smiles in their behind-the-scene photos. Although the two actors create a tense atmosphere during filming, they immediately go back to exchanging dad jokes and ad-libs whenever the director shouts “Cut.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1310822wpp/namgoong-min-hello-venuss-nara-and-more-are-full-of-joy-behind-the-scenes-of-doctor-prisoner

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4f7b3c8fc8894b498cedd36eb174f484.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min Shows Completely Different Sides To His Character In New Drama “Doctor Prisoner”

Namgoong Min is ready to show completely contrasting sides in the upcoming KBS Wednesday-Thursday drama “Doctor Prisoner”!

In the drama, Namgoong Min will play the role of Na Yi Jae, a talented and devoted doctor who is extremely talented at what he does and forgets to eat as he is always on standby to help every patient who comes to the emergency room.

Though he is an ace doctor, he has a mischievous and laid-back expression on his face in the new stills as he roams the halls in his doctor’s gown. Maybe it is because he himself comes from humble backgrounds, but he is always willing to help those in need, even paying the hospital fees of workers, elders, or homeless patients out of his own pocket.

But in other stills, his friendly demeanor is completely gone as he gives off a charismatic aura that puts people on edge. He has a cold poker face on and his eyes are cold, and it is almost like he is playing two different characters.

Namgoong-Min.jpeg

The production staff explained, “Namgoong Min’s surprising transformation will be the start to a story of revenge. Na Yi Jae fights fire with fire when it comes to evil forces, and viewers will feel a sense of catharsis as they watch him.”

“Doctor Prisoner” will be the follow-up drama to “Liver or Die” and will premiere on March 20 at 10 p.m. KST.

source

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Press conference pictures

51710_11867_450.jpg

201903181570730880_2.jpg

http://www.etoday.co.kr/news/section/newsview.php?idxno=1734819#

March 18 2019

Teaser trailer #3 for KBS2 drama series “Doctor Prisoner”

Doctor_Prisoner-SI222.jpg

Teaser trailer #3 added for upcoming KBS2 drama series “Doctor Prisoner” starring Namgung Min, Kwon Na-Ra and Kim Byung-Chul. Meanwhile, above is still images from the drama series of Namgung Min and Kim Byung-Chul. The scene is of Na Yi-Je (Namgung Min) performing surgery and Sun Min-Sik (Kim Byung-Chul) staring from out outside of the surgery room.

“Doctor Prisoner” first airs March 20, 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-3-for-kbs2-drama-series-doctor-prisoner

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Oh, what a dark, creepy teaser turned out.:blink: I think the dorama will be like that too. Frightening, tense ...

But about the type of prison is still not clear. Will she be female or male? Or will they just tell us about the two prisons? :blink:

PS A woman in a torn mask scared me ...:scream:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2019031922395704559_l.jpg

On 3/18/2019 at 3:54 PM, Friendly kitty said:

But about the type of prison is still not clear. Will she be female or male? Or will they just tell us about the two prisons? :blink:

Maybe the male and female are in the same prison but they are separated in prison cells. I don`t know. We`ll see. 

Preview on You Tube

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Doctor Prisoner 닥터 프리즈너 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST - Namgoong Min & Kwon Nara - Premieres TONIGHT

The rare times I turn my telly on and tune into KBS World today.. and lo and behold I get to see a lot of Doctor Prisoner teasers and  specials. I'm waiting for the premiere I haven't watch any drama since OCN  Trap. It's always j drama and cdrama after that.  I'm excited to watch the premiere but I will not understand anything.. so will wait as well for the sub.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Doctor Prisoner 닥터 프리즈너 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

“Doctor Prisoner” Starring Namgoong Min And Hello Venus’s Nara Premieres To Solid Ratings

by R. Jun
e41427217f7d4e13a63b1ddbb93c4471.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s newest Wednesday-Thursday drama, “Doctor Prisoner,” aired its first episode Wednesday to a solid viewer response.

Starring Namgoong Min, Hello Venus’s Nara, Kim Byung Chul, and Choi Won Young, “Doctor Prisoner” is a medical suspense about a genius doctor who becomes the medical director at a prison.

According to Nielsen Korea, the March 20 premiere recorded 8.4 percent viewership for its first half and 9.8 percent for its second. The drama maintained the number one position in its time slot held by its predecessor, “Liver or Die,” which peaked at 22.7 percent viewership.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1311681wpp/doctor-prisoner-starring-namgoong-min-and-hello-venuss-nara-premieres-to-solid-ratings

• Like 2
  • Love 2

[Ratings] "Doctor Prisoner" Starts Off Strongly
Keeping only related material

photo1044719.jpg

"Doctor Prisoner" came in first in its first week.

According to Nielsen Korea nationwide, the first episode of the KBS 2TV drama "Doctor Prisoner" rated 8.4% and 9.8%.

"Doctor Prisoner" is a prison and medical suspense drama about the life and death battle of a genius doctor who becomes a medical director at a prison after being ousted from his hospital.

The movie-like deployment of the drama with Namgoong Min, Kwon Nara, Kim Byung-chul, Choi Won-young, and Park Eun-seok succeeded in drawing attention.

source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Very interesting first 2 episodes. Looking forward to tomorrow's episodes.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The start was good.  revenge, power, money and prison. These are this drama themes. 

Well hopefully this drama doesn't disappoint. I mean there is too many dramas about power bought with money and poor and powerless people suffer. I mean it really do happen in even real life. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Doctor Prisoner 닥터 프리즈너 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST