[Drama 2019-2020] Chocolate, ♥ 초콜릿♥

icyphoenix

Sweet like Chocolate :D   

65 members have voted

1. 1. When will the OTP's first kiss be?

• episodes 13 -14
    • episodes 15 - 16
  2. 2. What will the ending be for the OTP?

• They will have a fairytale happy ending - reunited in Greece after a brief separation.
    • They will have a simple wedding at the hospice.
    • Both will have their illnesses resurface , and they end up in heaven together .
    • Lee Kang dies , and Lee Jun will take care of Cha Young.
    • Cha Young dies , and Lee Kang remains single thereafter.
    • Both remain single.
    • Others ( you can tell us what you think in the thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2020 at 02:50 PM

@hibiscus23

The gif set of the seafront kiss-scene between CY&LK at the end is my favorite kiss-scene :wub:. I find it so romantic lol. Its beautifully shot too, especially from the close up shots, creating that close/quiet intimacy between CY & LK as they look into eachother's eyes for

reassurance & then pans out the shot when they kiss. So soft & tender. Beautiful B), with the natural blow of wind from the seaside! *chef's kiss*

The lovely monk & nun otp:lol::wub: lol. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

21 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@hibiscus23

The gif set of the seafront kiss-scene between CY&LK at the end is my favorite kiss-scene :wub:. I find it so romantic lol. Its beautifully shot too, especially from the close up shots, creating that close/quiet intimacy between CY & LK as they look into eachother's eyes for

reassurance & then pans out the shot when they kiss. So soft & tender. Beautiful B), with the natural blow of wind from the seaside! *chef's kiss*

The lovely monk & nun otp:lol::wub: lol. So puure.

@greenwatch08 me too i think it's one of my fave scenes in this drama! they looked so real wasn't it? their PDnim must be  good, like you said the panning of the cam, the way he rushed out to her to kiss her, ikr so soft & tender and u can sorta feel these two:sweatingbullets: woot!  hahaha i know monk & nun very appropriate coz both as we can tell fr the story are pure! both virgins :):innocent: i just love their story! i hope this drama was longer than 16 epi hahaha! BTW did you guys notice his annoying brod was also in HB's MOA? He acted as HB's personal assistant there, i find him funny (altho annoying) in this drama as CY's brod!

Some more BTS and am a huge fan of it!

cr: JBTC Drama

cr: JTBC Drama

I get carried away with their laughters! :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

This is the clip from the ending scene in Greece. As we know, it’s a continuation of the scene in Episode 1 when we see Kang running towards Cha Young. When he finally finds her, she turns around and their story begins. It seems they may have shot that scene with several takes. There might have been a slight editing mistake or there might not be. Anyway, the audience knows the scene from Episode 1. We are waiting for what happens next. Kang knows the whole story and what happened to Cha Young. He knows how traumatic it was for her that she suffers every time she is reminded of it. The hug he gave her was such a comforting act that she needed and she looked peaceful because finally she has someone whom she can lean on and loves her unconditionally. He didn’t even need for her to tell him to find her. He already knows Cha Young loves him. He was just someone who loves her, who knew she is lost in her troubles. He gave her time to heal and then he reaches out to find her. That’s pure and unconditional love.

From my perspective, Cha Young has had a very difficult time with her mom ever since she was mistreated to hunger and abuse as a child and later abandoned in the building. Meeting her again 20 plus years later and I expected a reconciliation and yet the mom has not changed at all. The horrible memories from Cha Young’s past being revived again must have been very devastating. I’m not surprised at all at her reaction. She needed time to heal. A deep wound like that can make someone close down or run away. Contrary to some views, I liked that Cha Young took some time for herself in order to sort things out. I understood her need to settle this part of her life which must’ve burdened her for a long time. I’m glad the

reappearance of her mom enabled Cha Young to have the closure she needed on her abandonment issues. And that Kang is the one beside her to give her the comfort and love she needs.

Edited to add some more thoughts

(please bear with me as I’m typing on the go). 

I will put it under spoiler tag. 

Spoiler

I’ve been thinking why the writer chose to show this ending scenario. Why did Cha Young run away and did she not learn anything from working in the hospice? What was the writer’s intention? I’m thinking Cha Young’s emotional scar runs deeper than we see. On the surface, she seems bubbly and kind, always ready to lend a helping hand. But it seems the mom issue is something that she has not dealt with for a long time. I think after she had time to heal herself and let go of all the hurt, she would eventually have gone back to Kang. Except that Kang was the one who found her. I think this part the writer may have chosen to show how Kang’s love for Cha Young is unconditional. She didn’t need to do anything for him to love her. Unlike her mother, who always seem to demand things from her but left her when she was unable to meet her mother’s needs. 

In my view, I think she needed to settle this issue first before they were reunited again. After that happens, I believe whatever issue that they have to face, they will be able to go through it together. I think Kang understood this and could be the reason why he didn’t tell Cha Young about his mom being with her in the building. I can see that later he will tell her eventually about it. 

Anyway, these are the thoughts running through my head as I think there are so many things to think about and there’s just too many things to love about this show. :wub:

• Like 5
  • Love 4

@hibiscus23, that annoying brother is so ANNOYING! Sometimes I would ask myself, is it really necessary for that character to exist in this drama? Both the Leads have gone through a lot, he's only making it worse :P I just hope that there is more of his character in the coming episode other than being a butthead! 

But I like his character in MOA as a loyal and funny secretary of Jin-Woo :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, thanie said:

@hibiscus23, that annoying brother is so ANNOYING! Sometimes I would ask myself, is it really necessary for that character to exist in this drama? Both the Leads have gone through a lot, he's only making it worse :P I just hope that there is more of his character in the coming episode other than being a butthead! 

But I like his character in MOA as a loyal and funny secretary of Jin-Woo :D

@thanie yes he's very annoying to the point that he's adding more misery to his sister! he's just leeching to his sister N he's not even working right? Yes he was nice in MOA far from his role here! i think you're gg to see more of his character.

Spoiler

when he was at the police station bc he hits that guy in the hospital, he tells the investigator when CY came to his rescue, he denies she's her sister just so not to get her involved with his trouble, and he said, i hate to admit it altho we look alike, we're family he said!  we have the same parents! hahaha & here's the scene of that.

d55e3a1fa4dd60c79974f7b757e1a13455016e26

i'm taking a short brk fr ep 15 instead of rushing to watch bc it's ending soon, i'm really taking my time coz i don't want to feel the WS yet hahaha the vaccine is out of stock LOL! I think after this drama i'll watch his old drama TGW and his movie Outlaw or something?

annyeong to all our choco chingoos here and see you guys soon while i continue with ep 15!!! :)

@sadthe1st same with me, i keep checking here and i can't seem to finish ep 15 LOL! i dread to think this is ending soon for me at least today! I just hope it's a happy ending or i really may need an overdose of WS! LOL

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

The hyperactive Kang aka YKS :joy:

your post gave us insights!!

if you go IG find under #kyesang78 you can see more of his photos and.. some chingus were wondering about him and honey lee?

i have it in spoiler tag:-

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

i dread to think this is ending soon for me at least today! I just hope it's a happy ending or i really may need an overdose of WS! LOL

I told you to slow down a bit :P No one is chasing you ... it's not like, there is a competition of Whoever-finishes-first-gets-a-bar-of-chunky-Chocolate :D. In this case, whoever finishes first will get to suffer Withdrawal Syndrome, Boooo! :joy:

@Lawyerh, I'm curious. Are YOU a lawyer by profession? Jinjja??? :grimace:

• LOL 6

6 minutes ago, thanie said:

I told you to slow down a bit :P No one is chasing you ... it's not like, there is a competition of Whoever-finishes-first-gets-a-bar-of-chunky-Chocolate :D. In this case, whoever finishes first will get to suffer Withdrawal Syndrome, Boooo! :joy:

@Lawyerh, I'm curious. Are YOU a lawyer by profession? Jinjja??? :grimace:

hahahaha you made me laugh chingoo! i made it sound like there's a competition eh? I'd love to get a hold of those Godiva chocolates hmmm craving now :w00t:! Well as we both know about 90% of our Choco chingoos here hv already finished this drama & most likely hv been suffering from WS already! I was saying earlier that if it's not a happy ending, i may hv to have an overdose of the WS vaccine:mrgreen:

What's with this drama? it's so addictive & i can't seem to accomplish anything but to watch it or come here to check what's gg on? woah this is insane as Koreans would say --- mitchuzo mitchuso (not sure of spelling) but it does sound like that!

Spoiler

1387458_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=500&hei

yuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmYYYYYYY

• LOL 7

@hibiscus23, I know what you mean. Part way through the drama, I had to Google and read up as much as I can about YKS. How can he be so different from LK yet he portrayed LK so well? Look at the BTSs, he was fooling about right before shooting. Gosh, his goofiness must have melted many weak hearts innocently. Does he know his cheekiness can easily make girls next to him fall for him?

I am happy to know he has a girlfriend and a beautiful one too. It would have made us more crazy if he is single and we start our fantasy of him and HJW. That would mean we will never be able to move on. Yes, I need to move on to the YKS only thread....

By the way, I find it very impactful in both LK's first and final kisses with CY that he hugged her tight in his kisses. It shows he doesn't want to let her go. And if course not to mention the quick kisses he gave her in his house as he really couldn't resist this beautiful CY who gives him butterflies all the time..

• Like 4
  • Love 3

@hibiscus23 Nope, Sis :joy:

You didn't make it sound like a competition. I was just amazed (and shocked!!!) by your energy! It's beyond my expectation, really! It's as if you have taken 1000 mg of Vitamin C :lol: 

I'm at Ep. 9 now. Will continue watching during lunch break. I don't really have that much time when I'm at home, lol! Would you believe, I have learned to appreciate the traffic congestion in PH :joy: Ahhh ...  the silver lining of being stuck in the middle of the road with hubs :mrgreen: :grimace::lol: ... indeed, the best time to catch up with my kdramas! 

4 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

Does he know his cheekiness can easily make girls next to him fall for him?

Seems like he doesn't have the slightest idea about the impact :D so, guard your heart @AquariusMY :P You can only make it safe. @Ameera Ali @Lawyerh, I finally know what Zika Virus is :mrgreen:

• LOL 7

51 minutes ago, thanie said:

@hibiscus23 Nope, Sis :joy:

You didn't make it sound like a competition. I was just amazed (and shocked!!!) by your energy! It's beyond my expectation, really! It's as if you have taken 1000 mg of Vitamin C :lol: 

I'm at Ep. 9 now. Will continue watching during lunch break. I don't really have that much time when I'm at home, lol! Would you believe, I have learned to appreciate the traffic congestion in PH :joy: Ahhh ...  the silver lining of being stuck in the middle of the road with hubs :mrgreen: :grimace::lol: ... indeed, the best time to catch up with my kdramas! 

@thanie hehehe I know what you mean! just taking another short brk here to check this very active thread! Yes i'm like that energetic battery commercial, going and going and going....LOL non-stop! hahaha yes i may hv had an overdose of Vita C!

Oh you're moving too ep 9, you go Girl! that's one way to heed the traffic in PH for sure, your time passes by and what a good reason to be while watching our fave OTP:mrgreen:!

1 hour ago, AquariusMY said:

@hibiscus23, I know what you mean. Part way through the drama, I had to Google and read up as much as I can about YKS. How can he be so different from LK yet he portrayed LK so well? Look at the BTSs, he was fooling about right before shooting. Gosh, his goofiness must have melted many weak hearts innocently. Does he know his cheekiness can easily make girls next to him fall for him?

By the way, I find it very impactful in both LK's first and final kisses with CY that he hugged her tight in his kisses. It shows he doesn't want to let her go. And if course not to mention the quick kisses he gave her in his house as he really couldn't resist this beautiful CY who gives him butterflies all the time..

@AquariusMY I think YKS is a very nice person & passionate in real life and like you said he's so different fr his role in the drama and did his role so well! He's so versatile indeed, amazing actor! You shld see some of the positive & sweet comments fans left on YT for him after seeing him in this drama, they simply adore him!

Re his kisses & hugs you can really tell how he loves CY awww those tight hugs like u said! Their chemistry in this drama is overpowering! :heart:

Her brother is funny he said they're like a Monk and a Nun :)

71d42d16951b4a80a22a44cd42b79b61.jpeg?s=

they really are destined to be together, LK is such a sweet & gentle and CY is a wonderful woman - a role model

0a40440d484f96e84e59db6c4a59123c46ee2f4a

a4a5c293cbd9699a8df81b10a69335be19194e22

22a1b02533f69a5c8b3c3e04c32315cef1012522

cr: kdramanewbie

Spoiler

a81dde0179265951fb2675bcd791d1a599e20868

40fe90335d77edfb84eaf85c0d72834281b441aa

• Like 3
  • Naughty 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

whoa whoa!! i come back to check the forum at the right time!! kisses :kiss_wink: hahahaha @hibiscus23

@sadthe1st, me too :heart:

We're right on time, just exactly when Dr. Kang's lips touches CY's :naughty:

@hibiscus23, Staaaph it :mrgreen:. I'm at the office, people may be watching! 

(watching me while watching that naughty clip) 

• LOL 8

17 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

whoa whoa!! i come back to check the forum at the right time!! kisses :kiss_wink: hahahaha @hibiscus23

hahaha @sadthe1st good timing for you my chingoo!

yes yes those kisses aren't they sweet? :love:i think YKS is a good kisser :wub::sweatingbullets: from what we're seeing in this drama lol

@thanie you & sadthe1st hv good timing! hahaha you're at work & still tuning in on this thread? i won't tell your boss hahaha

• LOL 6

16 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

@thanie @hibiscus23 dun tempt me into rewatching ep12-16 hahaha :sweat_smile:

lets dance chingus, lets dance..

@sadthe1st@thanie now i'm finished chingoos, yes maybe i'll rewatch just their sweet moments epi hahaha:D and thanie don't work too hard!

woah is that our Yoon Kye dancing? he's so slim and good in dancing! Now my WS is kicking in hahaha!

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

25 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Someone aka @hibiscus23 reminiscing the kiss here... how come nobody calling me? :bawling::joy:  

Can we call out again 'the wipe my kiss leftover scene' ? That make it awkward & sweet lols.. And he also touch his own lips... oh my...  dying ...

Cr. Twitter owner

I must call my twin sister @Ameera Ali who love this too :mrgreen:

@Lawyerh hahahahaha did u see Ha ji's expression when he touched her lips hahaha awkward situation! awww chingoo yes i may even dream of their kiss not only reminiscing hahaha:bawling::w00t:

LOL your twin sister @Ameera Ali pls make some gifs of their sweet moments & am gg to be your triplets with @Lawyerh hahaha here i go again with my WS now kicking in!

@thanie don't watch anymore until you're on your break time! hahaha

anybody here who also appreciates those back hug scenes? :) i do! awwww hmm so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeTTT

4ce645551b96f0c9f3849ae7949372387cf02198

cr: About Doramas

e3b5b7fe99d3b3761535b96bea3107da3cef6d46

2a8068f8dd601a815cf1e5877debd896a7cc8e31

I wondered how many takes their kiss scenes are/were? They didn't have much kissing scenes but when they did, it's sweet & lovely! :heart:hmmm YKS seems a good kisser :sweatingbullets:

@ChocolateMei hahaha i luv that chingoo thx you're very thoughtful hahaha! me too tight hugs, sweet kisses are also my favorites! lol chocolate fever on fire! i luv that!

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

hahaha you're at work & still tuning in on this thread? i won't tell your boss hahaha

Look who's talking :joy:.

At the time you wrote that comment, you're supposedly sleeping, @hibiscus23

Btw, if ever you see me online yet I seem so quiet (which seldom happens :D), that means I'm submerging myself in the creamy goodness of Chocolate, so don't feel bad. I'm trying to catch up with Choco, Forest is just around the corner and we'd be very busy on that thread later with the rest of our Chinggus here ... and don't forget CLOY (I missed Se-ri and Ri Jeong Hyeok so much!) and I totally forgot, I haven't even started watching Dr. Romantic S2. I'm also watching Voice. My plate is so full! 

• LOL 6