[Drama 2019-2020] Chocolate, ♥ 초콜릿♥

icyphoenix

Sweet like Chocolate :D   

65 members have voted

1. 1. When will the OTP's first kiss be?

• episodes 13 -14
    • episodes 15 - 16
  2. 2. What will the ending be for the OTP?

• They will have a fairytale happy ending - reunited in Greece after a brief separation.
    • They will have a simple wedding at the hospice.
    • Both will have their illnesses resurface , and they end up in heaven together .
    • Lee Kang dies , and Lee Jun will take care of Cha Young.
    • Cha Young dies , and Lee Kang remains single thereafter.
    • Both remain single.
    • Others ( you can tell us what you think in the thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2020 at 02:50 PM

@Lawyerh@stroppyse sorry choco comrades don't read spoiler @thanie since u hvnt finished this drama, am just too anxious to share this with our chingoos who already finished it!

Spoiler

and whoever have finished watching this i really love ep 13 he's finding out now they knew each other and he's so sweet didn't even want her to touch the dishes, then he's staying bc of the dog & he asked her to stay if it's not too selfish of him! woah  am so thrilled with this scene and yet i'm only in the beginning of ep 13! this drama is awesome overload! :)  catch u guys later

• Like 3
  • Love 2

27 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

Hey guys, I am trying to look for the song that plays in the ending scene when Kang back hugs CY.. I haven't had any luck finding it.. would you happen to know?

thats the song You&I by HJW and YKS :tounge_wink: i get to rewatch the sweet scenes in greece again while checking on the bgm u asked, and i’m swooned again haha :relaxed: LK is such a sweetie..

here’s the youtube link with lyrics.. in case you wanna sing along.. its a catchy tune with simple lyrics! u’ll know by heart in no time!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

i think to CY, greece is a faraway place where no one knows her.. and she thinks people will not be able to find her there.. the furthest she can think of when she first tried to bury her feelings and run away from LK.. and again, to rest her soul and mind after letting go of the only hope for her mom.. its probably a solace to her :rolleyes: for mental and spiritual healing

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Out of curiosity, was the song You & I only recently was sang by YKS and HJW, or the one that we have been listening throughout the drama was by them? Sorry, it is just that I had the impression this song was played throughout but yet I seemed to only read bout them singing it now...

This song seemed to be predominantly a female vocal song, and that the male vocal played a supporting role. It is refreshing to think that as a non-singer, HJW got to do something out of her usual strength and for YKS who is a singer, he is only steadily supporting her in this soundtrack and being very low key about it.

I am sure both will get some Best Couple award for this drama, and hopefully most popular roles awards too. They both definitely shine through CY and LK. This LK character has made us suffered/still suffering from withdrawal syndrome :grimace:

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, AquariusMY said:

It is refreshing to think that as a non-singer, HJW got to do something out of her usual strength

i think one of our chingus mentioned before that HJW did go into singing during the earlier years.. i remember watching a very “shocking” youtube vid of her dancing and singing.. haha an image i can’t relate with the actress HJW :sweat_smile: 

Spoiler

probably at that time she ventured into japan as well? not too sure so i’m having this in spoiler

• Like 5

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@hibiscus23, that is a pretty cute scene. When CY and LK finally do get together, it is pretty satisfying after the tumultuous history that they have. If you're only on episode 13, I won't comment more on it, but there is an even more satisfying scene later of LK and CY. :)

CY and LK may have been a slow burn, plus full of tears, but at least it hasn't been totally frustrating and nonsensical.... unlike one of the couples in another drama that I may be watching these days. :D 

@stroppyse sorry for late reply comrade i've been in a hurry for my errands so i can continue with Choco drama LOL!!! I also found it pretty cute when they at last realize they knew each other from when they were kids :) These two hv been through a lot we know & if only LK wld know (im sure later on that is) that CY was with her beloved mom when she passed away awww that wld be a very touching scene! hahaha Yes am only on epi 13 i know what you mean but i can't wait for that satisfying scene later on as you said :D! I'm still feeling that scene of the apron hug hahaha and i look forward to kissing scenes of course :wub: You know another thing i like with CY she's a role model woman who is level-headed, she's not the type who flirts with guys, she's a home body & she deserves LK for sure, on the other hand, LK as well is a very nice person, for what we can see he's just very much involved with his profession and maybe CY is also his first love! These two are match made in heaven! :blush: I don't think i have seen this yet hahaha i need to be much faster in watching & my goal is to finish this tomorrow! I think they already are dating here watching a movie? :)

chocolate.gif

cr: Tumblr

Chocolate-Kang-gif.gif

cr: our very own soompi

6fa51c3b3cc72b2ae6c33e4ecb031d1b17cbaae7

cr: Tumblr

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

Out of curiosity, was the song You & I only recently was sang by YKS and HJW, or the one that we have been listening throughout the drama was by them? Sorry, it is just that I had the impression this song was played throughout but yet I seemed to only read bout them singing it now...

This song seemed to be predominantly a female vocal song, and that the male vocal played a supporting role. It is refreshing to think that as a non-singer, HJW got to do something out of her usual strength and for YKS who is a singer, he is only steadily supporting her in this soundtrack and being very low key about it

The version that was used in the first half of the drama as well as the opening song is sung by another singer. The original key was higher too. HJW/YKS version is in a lower key. I like both versions but prefer our two leads’ singing it of course!:wub:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@stroppyse aha yes that photo i recall now (thx to u comrade) was when they were supposed to see a movie with MS! I thot at first they were already dating in the next few ep & that photo i posted was supposed to be one of them :)

Yes it was quite noble of CY i must say to leave for Greece & broke up with MS simply bc in her heart of hearts, she's already someone in her heart but she cldn't reject MS bc we all know he was also a nice person to her  & all that!

well i'm just taking a little brk here gg to ep 14 now

Spoiler

i felt sorry for him when Sea died plus the fact that he's still feeling resentment for leaving Wando ? to go to Seoul bc of his grandma's insistent...he loves the island & was more happy living there with his mother and that alone devastated him! i can't wait to see how he'd react once CY tells him about the accident 24 yrs ago where she was there in the collapsed bldg with his mother! on ep 13 he's asking her now not to go back to Greece :) awww

her brod is so funny he said the two are like a nun and a monk hahaha He's really rooting for LK for his sister! so cute!

hahaha but can anyone of you tell me at the end of ep 13 this song by a female is really nice but i just don't know how to find it on YT bc i need to know the title! I'm really into OST obsession in most if not all Kdramas and that one really sounds nice!

If any of you comrade/s can give me a clue i 'd apprec it v much :)

b5ef60189a5d40aaa571dd8b46bd4947.jpeg?s=

cr: our very own soompi

4ce645551b96f0c9f3849ae7949372387cf02198

cr:About Doramas (woah i can't wait to see this) :)

e3b5b7fe99d3b3761535b96bea3107da3cef6d46

Spoiler

2a8068f8dd601a815cf1e5877debd896a7cc8e31

d4900af43358bd8f47f0d3ecd5b6b04f20308aa7cr: kdramanewbie

• Like 2
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

thats the song You&I by HJW and YKS :tounge_wink: i get to rewatch the sweet scenes in greece again while checking on the bgm u asked, and i’m swooned again haha :relaxed: LK is such a sweetie..

here’s the youtube link with lyrics.. in case you wanna sing along.. its a catchy tune with simple lyrics! u’ll know by heart in no time!!

awww thanks so much for this!!! I have been looking for it for so long and couldn’t find it because I didn’t know the title of the song. Did they release it as part of the OST?

I came across this on YT after I saw the video you posted and I have to say HJW is so pretty! I just wish they had shown YKS singing too. That song was sung so well and I love YKS’ voice in it. 

Spoiler

My thoughts about the ending..

Spoiler

I had previously posted this on another thread but I might as well post it here too..

I don’t agree with Kang keeping it a secret from CY that it was his mother who had helped her in the department store. I understand why he did it but I also think she deserves to know. I actually think that her finding out about it and needing time to herself would have made more sense. Tbh, I didn’t understand why she needed to separate from him and go to Greece. I understand that she’s been badly hurt and disappointed by her mother but I don’t see how separating herself from Kang would have helped in that area. So that’s why I thought that finding out the truth about Kang’s mother would have made more sense bec she would’ve needed time to come to terms with it. 

I also would’ve liked to see more of what became of Jun at the end. I get that he’s not after Geosang anymore but I wonder if he decided to go back to being a doctor. I would think yes because of the scene where he helped that lady at the gallery. But a part of me wonders where his heart really lies. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@stroppyse you're awesome overload! thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu v v much, that's indeed the ost ep 13, love it! what can i say? you made my day! bless ur :heart:

just got through ep 14 & their first kiss :) woah best scene :)

86aa7224cda7813dabd0ffd07fc1c62b3f47ea4e

cr: smitthskitten tumblr

f36013c9d663510b6c98da575f8ec68b9407ee52

kudos to both of them, they're great actors! hope they date in real life :)

9c14f83c634f9ab88bca4a01261ba3b64db76869

Spoiler

653744ebf8cf287c43c5260d258ac2a759ff31a6

40e0c3451ca438650380c73accb6cadecf5b25cd

can't wait for ep 15

@Lawyerh what are u watching now? doing a marathon girl? hahaha i can't believe i'm almost finish with the drama but i'll save the best for last so i'm not gg to continue till tomorrow on ep 15 coz i don't want this drama to end! hahaha

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

Anyone wondered about CY's reaction (or lack of it) when LK hugged her from behind in the final episode in Greece? Thankfully he gave her a smile and she reciprocated. I need more of scenes of them. LK has been so patient and understanding, letting her go to find peace. I am in love with LK long ago....

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

Reveal hidden contents

can't wait for ep 15

@Lawyerh what are u watching now? doing a marathon girl? hahaha i can't believe i'm almost finish with the drama but i'll save the best for last so i'm not gg to continue till tomorrow on ep 15 coz i don't want this drama to end! hahaha

@hibiscus23, I can smell Withdrawal Syndrome. Aissssh! If only we could vaccinate ourselves so as not to suffer from it. The OSTs of this drama are contributory to WS, I guess. With this song, I am torn between which version is better, the male or the female version ... 

149a8c7c4410985bdd52ed3bfc9508e1a344c820

6655d40f38fc1fbc57b2d30f3d43583d34e3f55e

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I am so glad that there are some late-comers (or rather late-finishers) to this drama that as you watch and post new comments, I am then able to enjoy reading as if I am still watching the drama too. The love for Chocolate lives on :D 

Especially glad to see @stroppyse picking the drama up again and finished it so fast :D 

• Like 4
  • Love 5

8 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

Anyone wondered about CY's reaction (or lack of it) when LK hugged her from behind in the final episode in Greece? Thankfully he gave her a smile and she reciprocated. I need more of scenes of them. LK has been so patient and understanding, letting her go to find peace. I am in love with LK long ago....

To me it felt like she expected to be found, her face expression shows gratefulness. Is kind of strange how they showed two version of this scene. In the beginning of ep 1 you can see that CY is turning around to face LK but at the end of ep 16 it seems she doesn't hear anything behind her... I have read some comments on another forum saying that normal people should have thrown punches, being scared but uri CY is fearless :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

On 1/24/2020 at 12:59 PM, AquariusMY said:

@hibiscus23, @thanie, @Lawyerh, What is with kdramas that makes us swooning over the male leads and making us into fangirls? I have not really watched YKS older projects and watching some of this g.o.d reality show where they hiked in Spain (?). Most have no subtitles but I just want to see how he is in real life. 

Was it you @hibiscus23that a photo of him on older days with a slimmer face? Hehehe, I know right? Even I thought his face seemed rounder as the production was coming to an end. Can see that he looked a little rounder in their post production interviews and press conference. 

I wish we could see more of him in interviews and if only both HJW and YKS can sing the duet together in a show or something. 

@AquariusMYi didn't see your post as this page is growing till now.  :) yes must be, bc his face in older days was quite thinner if i may say so! He probab put on a bit of weight during the last few yrs but he's still cute :) Yes both have lovely voice! i can't get enough of them :sweatingbullets: We'll surely ship them no doubt!

To answer your question why we swoon over the male leads hahaha & make us into fangirls - for one thing their handsomeness is indescribable plus there's something in them that really is kinda hard to describe our 'fangirl' feeling if you will! I dunno about u guys @thanie@Lawyerh @AquariusMYbut evey time i see a drama with K actor in it that i like, i tend to search for their prev projects & i usually do a marathon, until another K actor in another drama, comes along, it's crazy i know hahaha but crazy GOOD! LOL so you can imagine the WS i've been suffering from hahaha

@thanie yes i wish there's WS vaccination so we need not suffer so much from it! i guess we can say it's healthy bc these kdramas/kactors are indeed stress reduction/s for us! fangirling is therapeutic hahaha

YKS is truly adorable, he's tall, broad shoulders hmmmm shall i go on? hahaha

cr: JTBC

No doubt these two are enjoying their team up and their work!

cr: The Swoon

cr: JTBC Drama

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1