[Drama 2019-2020] Chocolate, ♥ 초콜릿♥

icyphoenix

Sweet like Chocolate :D   

65 members have voted

1. 1. When will the OTP's first kiss be?

• episodes 13 -14
    • episodes 15 - 16
  2. 2. What will the ending be for the OTP?

• They will have a fairytale happy ending - reunited in Greece after a brief separation.
    • They will have a simple wedding at the hospice.
    • Both will have their illnesses resurface , and they end up in heaven together .
    • Lee Kang dies , and Lee Jun will take care of Cha Young.
    • Cha Young dies , and Lee Kang remains single thereafter.
    • Both remain single.
    • Others ( you can tell us what you think in the thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/10/2020 at 02:50 PM

@nrllee

This has got to be the third drama I've watched that referenced Love Actually:lol: Koreans must really love that movie! Well, at least Min Seong used a tab instead of a sketch pad right LoL?;) Still I find him sort of presumptuous for declaring outright that Cha Young was his woman when she practically rejected him countless times.<_< It is uneasy to me how in other K-Dramas as well when a guy jumps to conclusions due to the girl putting  up a silent front tsk.<_< And the girl just goes along with it for fear of hurting his feelings oh boy.:P 

@Nymeria289

Really? I thought he sort of coerced Cha Young into believing they were in a relationship. But thank goodness he got over it 'cause it would've been messy. He's a great catch but yea I agree timing was just off for them both.. as luck would have it Min Seong reunites his best friend with Cha Young.

Idk why but I got some DoTS vibes from the first ep. Maybe it's 'cause of the doctor placed in a war zone perhaps LoL. Greece is lovely, especially the blue sea. Love the sights of the lil quaint villages, very picturesque. This drama definitely delivers on visuals that's for sure.       

• Like 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Really? I thought he sort of coerced Cha Young into believing they were in a relationship. But thank goodness he got over it 'cause it would've been messy. He's a great catch but yea I agree timing was just off for them both.. as luck would have it Min Seong reunites his best friend with Cha Young.

Idk why but I got some DoTS vibes from the first ep. Maybe it's 'cause of the doctor placed in a war zone perhaps LoL. Greece is lovely, especially the blue sea. Love the sights of the lil quaint villages, very picturesque. This drama definitely delivers on visuals that's for sure.       

I don't think so, Cha Young did hug him so he wasn't coercing, its just Cha Young took a baby step toward him and Kang showed up.....bad, bad timing......I think Min Sung still is in love with her. You could move on, let go and still be in a way love with somebody else, Min Sung looks to be in love with her still in that way........which is why I am curious about Jun......I see in 7 minute preview that Cha Young gives Jun a meal with his name written on it so they become friends at some point, I guess...I hope that is all they become.

• Like 3

Hollaaa...This is my first post in this thread :blush:

I've been watching 1 and 2 episode and let me say that i really,really love this drama!
It's been a long while i never seen like classic K-Drama.

Even they bring me with The classic movie's song in 1st episode.

Lee Kyoung Hee never failed to make me watch a heart warming drama. Since Sangdoo, let's go to school, Thank You and Wonderful day.

The main lead Ha Ji Won and Yoon Kye Sang (loved him in "Beyond the Cloud") really great actors.

Glad this drama got a good response and nice ratings. 

I'm hoping for happy ending story for the main leads. There so much pain for their story...

Chocolate team fighting!

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I don't think so, Cha Young did hug him so he wasn't coercing, its just Cha Young took a baby step toward him and Kang showed up.....bad, bad timing......I think Min Sung still is in love with her.

Did she?  She merely came out, put gloves on his hands.  She made no moves to hug him.  He hugged her?  And when he did, she didn’t exactly return in kind?  Her hands were still rigid on her side.  And then he mentioned seeing someone watching them holding a bunch of flowers.

So in my mind she never said yes.  She didn’t outright refuse him.  But she gave him lots of excuses NOT to go out with her.  I think in her mind she was swayed but still unconvinced.  And then when Kang showed up it made it even worse because MS just took the fact that she didn’t say “No” as silent assent and announced to Kang that she was now his gf.

@Latte_Anyday

Still I find him sort of presumptuous for declaring outright that Cha Young was his woman when she practically rejected him countless times.

yeah.  I think he was so infatuated with her that the fact that she didn’t rebuff him straight up sent him delirious with joy...and with all that Christmas goodwill floating around, he convinced himself that she had come around this time.  Christmas does that to you. :lol:

• Like 4

@Nymeria289

She didn't hug him back as @nrllee observed as well. He kept pushing her to accept him on basis of it's the holiday season. Really now?! Talk 'bout guilt tripping someone. But she still very much had Kang on her mind.. Ahahah I like the bit where she told Min Seong that she's unattractive 'cause of her belly fat:lol: Damn it if Min Seong wasn't such a sweet guy & a hottie at that, I wouldn't give him such a free pass tsk LoL. :P

I certainly hope Min Seong doesn't have any residual feelings he only wanted a taste of Cha Young's cooking as a last wish before he dies. 

@nrllee

X'mas or not, Cha Young should've told him.. It'd only cause misunderstandings after. I mean it happens often.. in the other dramas I've watched. Some get into marriages & the husband wonders why the wife cheats. :rolleyes:

Hello @peggygordon Oh I loved Beyond the Clouds too! :D

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I think Cha Young meant to receive his proposal since she thinks Lee Kang is dead.  Most people dont live their life single just because their loved one died. But since she knew Lee Kang is alive, she cant be with this friend knowing Kang is there. Since now Kang knows her as his BFF's girlfriend, she has no chance with Kang in her mind. So she left, simple as that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Ahahah I like the bit where she told Min Seong that she's unattractive 'cause of her belly fat:lol: 

Yeah that was my fav line from her. :lol:.  I mean...there’s a saying that goes, “never trust a skinny cook”?  More power to her for admitting to it.  She’s a real woman.  

X'mas or not, Cha Young should've told him.. It'd only cause misunderstandings after.

I think she was working towards it and she would’ve said it eventually had it not been for Kang breaking her reverie.  She was just stunned that he had “come back to life”.  And I believe she did tell him before she packed up and went to Greece?  Or was I mistaken?  That’s why Kang was aghast when MS said he wanted to eat her dumplings?  He was mad that she left MS after presumably saying “yes” that night to MS’s advances.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@Firefly  ,  @nrllee

The way I saw it was, Cha Young left 'cause she had feelings for Kang - very much so. As she keeps sayin' he is & still is her first love. She left simply 'cause she can't stand lookin' at Kang as it pains her. So she took off to Greece to start anew but this is a K-Drama, and it doesn't always work out as one plans LoL.;) 

Kang appears to me to have..amnesia??:blink: I'm not sure but it does also seem plausible since he was in a near death situation. So a lot of time had passed & he could've just forgotten about Cha Young Idk (shrug) I think he's upset (at Cha Young) that someone hurt his friend's feelings which is understandable.

Maybe in upcoming ep. more will be revealed no?

@nrllee

Hard to believe that she does have (belly fat) 'cause HELLo she's Ha Ji Won LMFAo!:lol: But yea she kept it real eheheh.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Kang appears to me to have..amnesia??

See I am not so sure about this.  He seemed fine around his friend?  He doesn’t remember her as the little girl at his mother’s restaurant.  She made that link herself because she went back to look for him and found out his name.  He knows nothing about her as the little girl...no name.  She looks familiar because he met her back at the hospital.  But he’s a doctor, and it’s not like she’s one of his patients (she didn’t have neurological problems that he had to perform surgery on) and their meeting at the hospital was brief.  Doctors are always tired and they meet lots of people fleetingly so he probably hasn’t made any of those links yet unlike her?

But yes I agree, she left because she had residual feelings for Kang.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

After watching the 2 episodes, I think MS-CY-LK triangle was in 2013. And then after summer 2018 onwards the triangle will be between LK-CY-LJ. 

It might be that MS knows or suspected the reason on why CY left for Greece and that as his last act of love for his bff LK, he told LK that he wants CY’s dumpling stew knowing that LK will go to Greece to look for CY personally.

He knows that LK will be all alone once he died so he sent him to CY because he’s aware or suspected that LK is the one that CY loves all along. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, mathildafc said:

After watching the 2 episodes, I think MS-CY-LK triangle was in 2013. And then after summer 2018 onwards the triangle will be between LK-CY-LJ. 

It might be that MS knows or suspected the reason on why CY left for Greece and that as his last act of love for his bff LK, he told LK that he wants CY’s dumpling stew knowing that LK will go to Greece to look for CY personally.

He knows that LK will be all alone once he died so he sent him to CY because he’s aware or suspected that LK is the one that CY loves all along. 

I also think MS knows about CY's feelings for Kang, he may have guessed and decided to get her back in his life now that he has little time left.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, mathildafc said:

That would fit with his personality thus far.  He’s always been the supportive friend for Kang.  

• Like 1

Hello everyone..

First post in this thread.

Whoaa..Chocolate got me surprised with its warmth and dreamy melo. I love the first two episodes, the backstory is told quite clearly. 

As predicted by many of you, we have a sick person in a drama, and after watching the long preview, I think MS will die and leave CY & LK to heal each other while unraveling many secrets in their past.

Yoon Kye Sang is so charismatic, his very existence made me swoon :wub: 

and Ha Ji Won's earthy vibe is just lovely and she's convincing as a chef. 

All the food are sooo pretty and I look forward to more food galore in upcoming episodes.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Late to the party! Just finished watching the second episode!

LOVED IT. 

Kinda was taken aback at the scene where LJ went to Libya to see LK and looked like he genuinely cared for him...? Did anybody else notice this...?

HJW nailed it with her acting in that whole scene when she finds out LK is alive and well :o

I'm assuming just based off the preview that there will definitely be more flashbacks between 2013 and 2018 leading up to the first scene in episode 1 and tbh I need them to make me understand that time lapse in between!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, blademan said:

Kinda was taken aback at the scene where LJ went to Libya to see LK and looked like he genuinely cared for him...? Did anybody else notice this...?

Yes I noticed that.  I don’t believe Jun actually hates Kang.  He just always feels like he needs to measure up to his grandmother...no thanks to his Super pushy parents. <_< and a grandmother who thinks that pitting the boys against each other gives them a “competitive edge” <_<.  Jun can’t get angry with his parents or his grandmother so all that pent up frustration from being constantly pressured to excel has to be directed somewhere...and he directs it at Kang.  Same with the dog.  He was an angry little boy with nowhere to direct that anger.  When a child is constantly seeking approval from his parents who only dishes out “love” when that child performs to a certain level, it makes them very insecure and angry.  Kang is a “threat” to Jun.  So I don’t think he actually wants to dislike Kang.  It’s just that every time Kang surfaces, Jun feels horribly insecure and lashes out to prove his worth.  So I am waiting for him to have an awakening.  :)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2