[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okaa...y you guys are going to want to watch this episode. I was skipping back and forth but stayed for the last 30 min. My live stream lagged a few times which is why I missed some of the preview. But caught enough.

I actually stayed online for the SJ and WJ scene. By the way, SJ is overboard. Her daughter is over 30. The writer might think it's funny but I actually found her to be presumptuous and out of line. WJ's statement is what I have been waiting for.

But the MR development shocked me. Plus Na G manager is an absolute arrogant prick.

Another thing, has the actor playing TJ put on weight? Like a lot of weight over 5kg. looks at how thighs and posterior.

I don't find it cute or funny to see the way Da Bin imitates her Mom & talks down to her father. Whatever the problem, it is between the 2 supposedly adults.  MH should never talk that way i/front of daughter & should correct her when she's so disrespectful to Dad. 

1 minute ago, O said:

I don't find it cute or funny to see the way Da Bin imitates her Mom & talks down to her father. Whatever the problem, it is between the 2 supposedly adults.  MH should never talk that way i/front of daughter & should correct her when she's so disrespectful to Dad. 

I think you are are talking about MS'shi.  I think so too.  She is disrespectful to him also.  And he behaves like a child.  What I truly hate is that just because you are an elder, you can disrespect, abuse the younger ones.  HAte SJ doing that to JB, or MS doing that to her husband.    Just think is way out of line.  I guess it is acceptable behavior in asian countries.  

8 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

I think you are are talking about MS'shi.  I think so too.  She is disrespectful to him also.  And he behaves like a child.  What I truly hate is that just because you are an elder, you can disrespect, abuse the younger ones.  HAte SJ doing that to JB, or MS doing that to her husband.    Just think is way out of line.  I guess it is acceptable behavior in asian countries.  

It is nothing Asian, I'm sure. It is just Korean dramas. We have henpecked husbands in all cultures.

SJ's character is the low class ox-bone eating place owner. They make her loud, often abusive. I don't know Korean but I have heard gangsters using 'ski' (?). She uses it with DB and MR.

They way they make her so attached to MR is getting weirder. Her whole voice changed when she spoke on the phone with MR, as if she's talking to an older DB.

Many people must like MH's character for the writer to continue with her strange behaviour. I cringed when she put her finger on the sauce on his mouth and then stuck it in hers. I think it's gross, not cute. She could be SJ in her young days.

30 minutes ago, maribella said:

Many people must like MH's character for the writer to continue with her strange behaviour. I cringed when she put her finger on the sauce on his mouth and then stuck it in hers. I think it's gross, not cute. She could be SJ in her young days.

I think they are making MH character like that of an innocent child.  I cringed too during that scene when I saw it streamed live.  I FF during the subs.  It is gross and disturbing giving a view of her immaturity.   Even if we are close, we hand food to a person to their hand and even if they are doing something, we make sure that they are ready to eat when we take it to the person's mouth, like feeding a parent or a child or a loved one.  Just thinking about what you wrote, was disgusting in my opinion.  

I know that SJ acts weird around MR, but I don't like some of the snippets of it, but I am sure as she raised her with love after being abandoned by her bio mom, she must have over done with her love to compensate for her to forget about the abandonment.  I think every mom has their pet child and I think SJ made MR her pet child.  I see her loving MS too well and screaming at MH much of the time.  It reminds me of my MIL.  She was exactly like SJ (minus the vulgar behavior and language).  My friend tells me I used to treat my younger one with velvet gloves.  

30 minutes ago, maribella said:

It is nothing Asian, I'm sure. It is just Korean dramas. We have henpecked husbands in all cultures.

The reason why I am saying is that this is a common behavior in most of the Korean dramas I have seen.  I think they take punishment to the extreme.  Abusing physically seems pretty normal in Korean dramas.  

In today's episode (ep. 67-68), I really loved how MR handled NaDJ.  It was hilarious seeing her take away his toys and being reprimanded so.  His anger was seething out of all pores of his body.  He has not seen someone like MR who could reduce one to ashes with just her look and words.  He is used to women like his sister - a conniving deceitful brat.  

The second thing I liked was the conversation between TJ and MR  during their walk.  It was well thought out and written by the writer.  I wish they make MR be a little bit more involved with her body language during these times.  It feels only TJ is in love and not MR.  Even though she speaks lovingly - that action is not followed by physical attraction.  Makes it weird.  

The third thing I loved was the interaction between MR and NaHyeMi talk who was nosy and wanted to know what MR was up to and how MR turned the tables on NHM and got the upper hand.  When she wanted MR to ask her for the secret card she is holding - MR just walked out and irked NHM good.  

What was with the blouse that MR was wearing in the last scene when meeting the chairman (beige colored blouse).  Looks like unfinished sleeve work for me.  There should have been a pleat on the bottom part of it to make it look more elegant or the inside should have been cut to be shapely.  Jeez -  for a hobby pattern maker - I felt like pulling MR off the screen and sew the sleeves properly.  

@angelwingssf all that painful physical contacts turned me off too. It is just SJ and MS who make a habit of it, except for NHM who slapped IS. Aren't they worried that they can be charged with assault? I would. It seemed to me like bullying, she knew IS would not strike back.

I agree with your observations on MR and TJ's moments. Her reactions did not progress beyond the initial moments TJ confessed his love. Even now being a married couple, she seemed to look, to react with embarrassment  and was very stiff. Some people say it's because she's married. I tend to agree with them. Allowing for her repressed self for living under a lie, there seemed little affection from her even in the privacy of their bedroom. I hope they remove those kissy moments.

1 hour ago, melissa_lee said:

MR has entered the lion's den. I hope she emerges safe and sound using her strength and integrity.  The worst case is for her to end up like IS.

Based on the preview for 69-70 did TJ guess IS s daughter is MR?

I think so. Unless they threw a red herring and TJ mistook another woman.

I like Mi Ri and Tae Joo`s scenes. They are cute. When they went as newlyweds to visit the furniture exhibition, it was an advertisement moment but I like that they included it in the story.

I also like that the writer allow Mi Ri to be strong in front of Na Hye Mi and her brother. That`s what I want.

I don`t think Tae Joo will guess who is In Sook`s daughter. The preview is mixing the sound with a different image on purpose. They often do that.  As it was normal, Tae Joo is feeling guilty that In Sook raised him and abandoned her daughter but this was not enough for the writer to stretch this plot. This could be resolved in one episode. Mi Ri doesn`t hold that against him (for good reason) and she was able to forgive her biological mother too. In Sook and Mi Ri are in a bad relationship right now because In Sook could not apreciate her daughter good heart. She treated her horrible after the secret was out.

The writer had just one conflict in mind for her drama (In Sook`s secret). She thought this weak plot could generate a major conflict and it will be enough for 50 episodes? I hold that against her. I hate it because it is nonsensical

All right, In Sook has lousy brothers. But that was not enough for me to accept what she did. To help her family is one thing, but the writer wants us to believe that she made a sacrifice to do that. Please!

The dialogue between Jeon In Ho and Tae Joo:

Tae Joo: Why did she leave her daughter? 

Jeon In Ho: How she could bring her daughter to your family?

Tae Joo: Both Mother and Uncle got remarried.

Jeon In Ho: Come on. But your family owns the greatest major company. How could she bring a daughter who was not related to your family? That`s absurd.

Me: What? No, It`s absurd what are you saying, mister.  Your lousy excuse is zero in my book.

I might sound like a broken record, by if the writer could not convinced me with a better explanation, I can`t help beeing so against this plot. It is a contrived plot for me.

I don`t feel sorry for In sook`s brothers at all. Somebody has helping them for so many years, they still could not find a way in this world. That pathetic brother of In sook is more annoying that Na Hye Mi`s brother. One is spineless, the other is rascal. These characters were brought in the drama just for the secret to be revealed. Yeah, made it more dramatic if Na Hye Mi and her family will discover first and try to blackmail In Sook and Mi ri with it. I laughed when I heard Na Hye Mi`s explanation why she wants to discover In Sook`s daughter. What`s so important to find her? If In Sook`s daugher was not Mi Ri, it would meant nothing for the plot. Whatever. Let`s find out soon. I can`t take it anymore.

And Sun ja is ridiculous trying to question Peter and Woo Jin at the company, to see who is more suitable to be Mi Hye`s future husband.

Not in the plot of Mother of Mine but All for You, one of the sponsors, used Mi Ri and Park Tae Ri in a video

advertisement.

I hope to see their shooting model session. :lol:

22 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Another thing, has the actor playing TJ put on weight? Like a lot of weight over 5kg. looks at how thighs and posterior.

I did not notice it on Saturday’s episode but the bench date scene yesterday showed HJH’s huge behind. :lol:

i was uncomfortable in the bed snuggle scene because HE BROUGHT THE HOUSE SLIPPERS INTO THE BED! why why why???!!!:tears:

26 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

I did not notice it on Saturday’s episode but the bench date scene yesterday showed HJH’s huge behind. :lol:

Huge? :w00t: He looks healthy. Some actors are losing weight as they film a drama, others are gaining some weight.

3 hours ago, larus said:

I hope to see their shooting model session. :lol:

I think it is coming. I saw that the  first video was just ep 1. I am waiting these videos more than next episodes of the drama. :w00t:

6 hours ago, larus said:

All right, In Sook has lousy brothers. But that was not enough for me to accept what she did. To help her family is one thing, but the writer wants us to believe that she made a sacrifice to do that. Please!

I have been waiting for the whitewashing of IS. Now the self sacrificing sister/ daughter is introduced. The Chairman said  to his wife or MR ( forgot) that she did raise a big fuss once, for her daughter !!  This is going to be the big white paint brush. It was just one sentence, but my prediction says the writer will milk it all she can. In one rather ho hum show, the same actress died and donated her heart to her birth daughter whom she had worked for as her maid. Now I wonder what that big fuss was. A kidney? a brain? - that is why MR is so smart and IS is such a lame brain. :)

On 7/15/2019 at 4:29 PM, maribella said:

I have been waiting for the whitewashing of IS. Now the self sacrificing sister/ daughter is introduced. The Chairman said  to his wife or MR ( forgot) that she did raise a big fuss once, for her daughter !!  This is going to be the big white paint brush.

Ok, if the writer wanted the audience to feel sorry for In Sook, she should have done a better job.

I remember in drama "Her Private Life", that I rolled my eyes at how weak (soap opera style) the plot was explaning the hero`s abandonement but at least it made a little sense.

Now I have to agree with the writer that In Sook did not have other choice? I can`t. She raised another child just fine (Yeah..he was the future heir!) and she took care of the lousy brothers in the same time. She even had time to work in other Hansung company, she appeared in press how succesfully she was, she did many charity works and other things.

At least it was explained why she doesn`t have money or shares now, after so many years in Han family. She payed for her brothers`s mistakes. I still don`t feel sorry for In Sook or her brothers.

Kdrama fashion

Spoiler

Archived