[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

1 hour ago, melissa_lee said:

I am asking for views on (a) we can understand if TJ is angry and disappointed with IS+MR for lying to him, but is he angry and disappointed that MR is IS's daughter, if so why? (b) if his reaction is so bad is a divorce coming? can we see that?

@melissa_lee, I did share my view on earlier post in regard to your question, you can refer back to Pg 79.  :D

(a) He was angry likely because he had doubt that MR married him was out of money or revenge. He questioned her on this which shown on the last part preview. You can check again. His attachment issue could not immediately recover once he found out his beloved family members lied to him. MR should answer all his doubts and I hope this will show in the next ep. But if the writer wants to drag further which may likely happen, then next week may not see them in good term yet. TJ needs to grow up fast, but soon he will wake up because he will realise that MR has been doing so much thing for him internally and externally. The next ep will show IS is leaving the company, and MR will be the acting president of the Company. She will be fighting alone if he is still in self-pity and hibernating mode.

(b) In my opinion, there won't be any divorce, he may need sometime to digest or reconcile because he still loves MR with all his heart. They just need time to reconcile. Look at the eldest sister MS and his naive husband, until now, still not yet divorce. This drama is not telling audience that the divorce is the only way to resolve relationship, there are essence to learn besides the forgiven element, mutual and open communication is the key to success. My two cent worth of opinion.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MH is just like WJ said before, she doesn't know much about the world, she only knows about her writing, family and JB. MH lived under her family's protection all her life, being the youngest, a quite difficult child, finding refuge in books, she can't be this modern times refined young woman. Yes, she is childish enough to do all kinds of stuff witch a more mature woman wouldn't. 
SJ is a good mother, she loves all her daughters, but I think she didn't have the time or the energy, because she had to provide for her family, to deal with a girl like MH, to understand her. SJ only yells at her (now is even hitting her), she doesn't trust nor treat her like an adult daughter, we can't see the two of them having a nice mother-daughter conversation like SJ had many times with MS or MR. 
When a parent tells you all the time that you are good for nothing and immature, you won't be able to be more than that.
I think the  lack of trust in herself, in her writing ability, caused her also that writer's block.
Not being able to overcome this, MH became a rebel with or without a cause.

MS and JS didn't have any progress in their relationship, they are just as childish, treating each other without any respect. They behave like six years old chilren fighting for some silly thing in the kindergarten. What kind of a model are they to DB? 
MS accused MH of immaturity, when she is an immature women herself, married and having a six years old child, and not being able to behave as a responsible adult, which is worse.

The smart, logical one in that family is MR, she loves her mother but doesn't follow her actions blindly like MS, nor rebels against them like MH, she filters everything and acts according to her own decisions. She is the tough girl who will probably save the Hansung company from HM and her family's hands. MR has to deal with them alone, because until now we haven't seen TJ grow as a business man, and now after finding out the truth he will become more distant. Besides hiding the truth, wich he did before as well, I don't understand why is he making such a big deal out of the fact that he married his aunt's biological daughter from her previous marriage?

MaybeTJ thinks MR married him for his money or to have a higher position in the company.

On 7/29/2019 at 1:27 PM, nubianlegalmind said:

However, him not knowing that she is the daughter that IS abandoned, is no worse than him keeping the fact that he was the Chairman's son from her and then him taking over the position she was in line for. So, I need him to suck it up and stop being a victim.

I was thinking the same thing! 

It is hard for me to buy what the writer is selling to us about In sook but this is it. I rolled my eyes and I moved on. In Sook`s family is very annoying and Na Hye mi`s brother is the same. Lousy people.

In Sook pleaded to Chairman Han to keep her daughter and he did not want to accept her. Really, it doesn`t make any sense. He did not want a six years old girl but he accepted that In Sook helped the other relatives. Unbelievable stupid. The writer made the Chairman the morally guilty one and I wish there is a scene where Mi Ri and Chairman talk about the issue. I am curious about his reasons, and I want him to adress this issue. 

In Sook said that she is a daughter too so, she has a moral obligation to help her family. As I mentioned before, In sook did a very poor job, resolving her family issues. I have no doubt that it was hard to handle an alcoholic brother and a difficult mother, but she did a poor job with her niece and nephew as well. She is a victim of these relatives. I can`t believe she is the succesful, professional woman CEO that the writer wanted us to know she is. Big disappointment. 

Another disappointment is the Chairman. He is the feared chairman who runs a big corporation empire? What I can see is a bully who yells a lot but he is manipulated easily or who  complains that he does not know what to do with his wife and brother in law`s scheming. Bigger disappointment. 

The only thing that keeps me sane in this storyline is Mi Ri. I like that the writer let her be strong in this. She handle very well the leeches in her new discovered family. It is exactly what I have in mind for them, what In Sook had to do a long time ago.  Give them a job out of the Hansung Group and let them chose their path. If they will not take the opportunity is up the them. 

Tae Joo.... I expected him to be upset when he discovered the truth and I will give him a little time to adjust the new information. But he has to man up very quickly. He has to trust Mi Ri and their feelings for each other. If not, their marriage is doomed. Mi Ri should not fight alone the battle for the  supremacy in Hansung Goup either. If Tae Joo wants to be the next Chairman he has to prove that he is capable on his own. 

At one time, it seemed that the 100 odd eps shows were daily shows. So it was easy to accept ( for me) maudlin heros, stereotypical MILs, noble idiots in love ..... etc. But now it seems to be everywhere.  Even when they move it to prime time, there is still a lot of idiocy. I want to know the ending, so gritting my teeth to stay with this show.

12 hours ago, melissa_lee said:

Filming picture above, TJ is at Hangang (river) again, all by himself, in some coming episodes? 

I wish there is the case. But it is good that, at least, they are smiling behind the scene. :D

11 hours ago, maribella said:

I want to know the ending, so gritting my teeth to stay with this show.

It will be a happy ending. I am 100% sure. :)

Tae Joo`s brother is visiting the offices with the school class?I hope that the young actor has a few lines to say in the scene.

Kdrama Fashion

Spoiler

Coffee truck for Hong Jong Hyun

Spoiler

I will be glad if some of the readers read my recommendation below as I was so excited and touched after watching those good movies.

If you are tired of watching Kdrama that drive you nuts....try watching the following list of brilliant korean movies - a highly recommended movies, rating is high in IMDb.

1. A taxi driver (2017) 

2. I can speak (2017)

3. Forgotten (2017)

4. Parasite (2019)

5. Vanished (2018)

6. Midnight Runner (2017)

7. Golden Slumber (2018)

8. Age of Shadows (2016)

Some of the movies are shown in Netflix. Especially movies with different genres - Thriller/Mysterious/Action/Crime/Black comedy - that often come with great acting, touching story, surprising plots and amazing twists. Hope the above list suit your taste.

Enjoy the entire movie patiently that will bring you an amazing and unforgettable journey. I love it and I wanna share good movies to all. :D

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Enjoy the entire movie patiently that will bring you an amazing and unforgettable journey. I love it and I wanna share good movies to all. :D

Thanks for the recommendation. I watch six dramas wight now and it is hard to watch movies as well but it is good to know that there is a good alternative.

Preview

Tae Joo needs more time? I was glad he went to Sun ja`s restaurant and she gave him comfort.

They did not find Da bin yet? I thought Sun ja saw her that night but it was Tae Joo. I see that the police did not find her yet.

Na Hye Mi and her brother suspect that Mi Ri is In sook`s daughter. Big deal!:phew:

I did not watch the first scenes of today episode.

What is this? Is Mi Ri pregnant? Why she is looking at the calendar? She suspects something?

Maybe I am interpreting it wrong. I will watch with subtitles tomorrow.

If it is true, it is bad timing. Knowing the writer, I bet she prepared this moment exactly on time. :lol:

If it is true... Congratulation, Mi Ri and Tae Joo! :heart:

She doesn`t need all this stress. She doesn`t deserve it either. I hope Tae Joo will come to his senses quickly. Don`t be a fool!

10 hours ago, larus said:

Thanks for the recommendation. I watch six dramas wight now and it is hard to watch movies as well but it is good to know that there is a good alternative.

Thanks for your kind comment. I really hope you can find time to watch one day especially the first top three, it is worth spending time to watch a good quality, inspirational movie - because there were extraordinary true events, combining the genres of thriller/mystery/comedy/drama with an amazing and unbelievable ending....:D

1. A taxi driver (2017) 

2. I can speak (2017) 

3. Forgotten (2017) 

4 hours ago, larus said:

I did not watch the first scenes of today episode.

What is this? Is Mi Ri pregnant? Why she is looking at the calendar? She suspects something?

Maybe I am interpreting it wrong. I will watch with subtitles tomorrow.

If it is true, it is bad timing. Knowing the writer, I bet she prepared this moment exactly on time. :lol:

If it is true... Congratulation, Mi Ri and Tae Joo! :heart:

She doesn`t need all this stress. She doesn`t deserve it either. I hope Tae Joo will come to his senses quickly. Don`t be a fool!

She is! She is! This writer throws curveballs instead of having a coherent storyline. But never mind, we are getting some progress instead of being bored by the 'secret'.

Da Bin ran away or the fat witch kidnapped her?

I think the Korean audience must like MH and her love life. It seems to be getting as much if not more screen time than our OTP.

Can any kind soul summarize the whole TJ and MR crying scene? Please and thank you. Once the subs are out. I watched a few minutes but it was so long and draining I stopped.

I want to know what happens but this drama is too aggravating. I guess I can skip and guess. But what I want to know is the upshot.

I don't know about the Korean audiences but I am certainly finding it amusing it watch MH. That sly fox. Lol. I laughed quite a bit. So what is the age difference that WJ keeps referring himself as older and divorced?

All I will say about DB is that most adults I know here will stop a 5yr old walking by herself or the police will have brought her to the station and called the school or parents. Not wandering the streets in Seoul.

Catch you all tomorrow. Sorry but I found WJ very funny this episode. And it looks VERY promising next week. i think I have been watching without subs now for a month or more. Nothing major happened right? At least I don't I think so. Since I haven't gone back to watch it subbed.

Now I have since picked up a Cdrama plus another Mon-Tue drama. Besides my 2 incomplete ended dramas. Plus the other 2 weekend dramas. So my plate is completely full. Therefore I am not as invested in this idiotic dragging plot. 

Mye Hi has the emotional and mental capacity of a 12 year old girl. Her actions toward her love interest is not cute and it's off-putting, but i would rather watch them instead of the cry fest between the main couple. 

Mye Ri, you dumbbell, your mama couldn't visit you because she did not know where you was seeing as though she thought that you were in the United States. You were raised in a good home, unlike other people who were in similar situations.

Archived