[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

I am asking for views here. In the recent KBS Drama Awards, actors/actresses are given awards when their drama is barely 50% in progress, is this normal?

eg Gracious Revenge is 41/100 ep, woman of 99 billion is 8/16 ep, life is wonderful is 52/100eps.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, melissa_lee said:

I am asking for views here. In the recent KBS Drama Awards, actors/actresses are given awards when their drama is barely 50% in progress, is this normal?

eg Gracious Revenge is 41/100 ep, woman of 99 billion is 8/16 ep, life is wonderful is 52/100eps.

I don`t know. Maybe they want to thank these shows while they are fresh in the viewers` mind.

I read that they will mainly focus on television dramas that were telecast on between October last year and October this year. Normally, they should award a project when is finished. I remember Empress Ki (MBC) won even Daesang and other many awards and they had 18/ 51 airing episodes. It was MBC`s popular show that year.  These are Thank You awards anyway. I could talk about what I think it is wrong at these awards so much but I chose not to. I don`t take them serious at all. But I guess, the artists are happy that their work are apreciated.

I like seeing artists on the red carpet even when I don`t like Korean red carpet fashion at all. :w00t:

Congratulations to all winners.

30 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t know. Maybe they want to thank these shows while they are fresh in the viewers` mind.

I read that they will mainly focus on television dramas that were telecast on between October last year and October this year. Normally, they should award a project when is finished. I remember Empress Ki (MBC) won even Daesang and other many awards and they had 18/ 51 airing episodes. It was MBC`s popular show that year.  These are Thank You awards anyway. I could talk about what I think it is wrong at these awards so much but I chose not to. I don`t take them serious at all. But I guess, the artists are happy that their work are apreciated.

I like seeing artists on the red carpet even when I don`t like Korean red carpet fashion at all. :w00t:

Congratulations to all winners.

Thank you for your views and wise words. I guess that's how we should view the awards.

Yes, congratulations to all the winners.

1 hour ago, melissa_lee said:

Thank you for your views and wise words. I guess that's how we should view the awards.

Yes, congratulations to all the winners.

I said I won`t comment about the awards but I will do it a little because I just read an articles pointed that all  networks (SBS, MBC, KBS) did not give artists like Jung Jae young (SBS Investigation Couple 2), Namgoong Min (KBS Doctor Prisoner), Kim Hae Suk (KBS Mother of Mine) and Kim Sun Ah ( SBS Secret Boutique) any Thank You award this year.

Of course, any performance could be seen as subjective (and indeed many times it is) but if the networks already made many categories and split so many awards, it was that hard to come up with another? Yeah...you can`t give everybody an award. :D

I felt sorry for Kim Hae Sook in particular (and Namgoong Min) as many people have seen her nominated even at Daesang. It was weird enough to see actresses nominated at Excelence awards  (for exemple) and not winning, but later they received Top excelence award or even Daesang. So, everything it is possible.

Well, it is always some actor/ actress who is unlucky at those awards. Maybe next time there will be a good role, a succesful drama and voila... lucky again. :D

20200101121920285045_0_800_400.jpg

https://nocutnews.co.kr/news/5266594

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/01/01/2020010101112.html

On a positive note (so let me not edit my previous comment), how lovely the three girls from Mother of Mine were BTS at KBS Drama awards. :wub:

Kim So yeon and Ki Tae Young watching Joo Ye Rim getting her award

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived