[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

I am with @angelwingssf KSY was really not funny to me. Her laughter was so forced. I have not seen her in other shows.

Maybe it's the director? I remember watching Kam Woo Sung ( checked his name) in King and the clown and another show with Soh Ye Jin, he was so in character. But I saw him in Gwangaeto, he was quite forced in scenes when he found his son whom he thought was dead. Annoying in some episodes too. In the unknown woman, the main actress had me in stitches almost 80 % of the time, but another viewer said she was excellent in another show.

So from now on, before deciding on a show, I should check out the director and writer as well.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/8/2019 at 10:38 PM, nubianlegalmind said:

SJ spending an entire day laying in bed sick has to be the biggest drama scene of an over-dramatic mother ever! Then she snaps out of it and the first thing she wants to do is marry MH off to JB??? Like how many times does this girl have to tell them she doesn't like him? 

SJ should have noticed by now that MH didn't had a romantic relationship with JB, in those six years, and three years they were separated. SJ considered MH, most of the time, just like she said, an "unemployed good for nothing", who only needed scolding, so she thinks JB is perfect for her daughter.
SJ doesn't give a damn about what MH wants, she chose JB as her son in law, so she wants them to marry.
After MR's wedding, and all the drama that came with it, SJ tries to get rid of the "ugly duckling" as well.
MR of course should have been married telling the truth to TJ, but on the other hand they aren't related, so why the whole drama from her family's part?
MH is the most reasonable one regarding that matter.

On 7/8/2019 at 10:38 PM, nubianlegalmind said:

WJ has trust issues because of his bad relationship with his father.

Is more like WJ didn't had a relationship with his father, because after his parents divorced, he went to the US with his mother. Maybe he's mad at his mom for that, and his ex-wife for his own divorce or something (she asked for the divorce), that would explain WJ's cold behavior toward women.
WJ became attracted to MH, I think because she came like a storm in his orderly and quiet life. MH is far from perfect, but she has all kinds of emotions, which she expressed freely, and made WJ feel alive again.
=====
So now the chairman's wife wants "to educate" MR?:grimace:
Please...
An intelligent woman like MR doesn't need guidance from her. 
HM without her old husband and his money, is nobody, a big zero.
What can she teach MR?

6 hours ago, denise_b said:

Maybe he's mad at his mom for that, and his ex-wife for his own divorce or something (she asked for the divorce), that would explain WJ's cold behavior toward women.

I don`t know about his mother (I don`t remember him talking about her) but he and Peter said that his ex wife hurt him deeply. She was his wife or girlfriend from the college days. She cheated on him. (if I rmember corectly).

I don`t know why they continue to colaborate professionally after that. Woo Jin asked her to ilustrate Mi Hye`s book and she came to South Korea hoping that she has a chance to win his heart again.

Peter was shocked that Woo Jin asked her the favor and I wonder if he did not do that instinctively, trying to distance Mi Hye from him. Bad move. He gave her some hope that`s why she came personally to South Korea. I bet they tried to reconcile at one point but their relationship have never been the same again.

6 hours ago, denise_b said:

So now the chairman's wife wants "to educate" MR?:grimace:
Please...
An intelligent woman like MR doesn't need guidance from her. 
HM without her old husband and his money, is nobody, a big zero.
What can she teach MR?

"Chairjerk" (I borrowed the term) thinks that every woman from the family need to be "tamed", to learn what they have to do in the new family, to know their place.  As his son`s wife she need to "play a role" in the high society.  :crazy: Please... Nonsense.  Yeah.. she is a big zero but she mastered the skills to manipulate the old man. The Chairjerk thinks that his wife is a role model?

Na Hye Mi is taking the role seriously. She said to Mi ri that if she wants to survive, she has to know all the weaknesses/ dirty secrets to her rivals, and used it against them. She asked one day Director Park, if she will regret chosing to support Mi ri. She will be an ally or my enemy? she asked. I think Mi ri`s strategy to keep a low profile is wise. She knows that she has that secret against her and doesn`t want to wake up the monster. But in the same time, I don`t want to see her being too submissive. The day the secret will be revealed to everybody it will be a good day for Mi Ri despite the "storm".  She will be eliberated by this burden. I don`t want to see Mi ri living in Han mansion anymore.

BTS

9 hours ago, larus said:

I don`t know about his mother (I don`t remember him talking about her) ...

When they were having barbecue at WooJin father's cottage, MiHye asked about his mother, and after saying that she is in the US, he became distant all of the sudden.
Then when MiHye brought him dinner, after her uncle's memorial service, WooJin said that after his parents divorced he went with his mother to the US, and his mother married  soon an american man, so he doesn't know much about the korean customs.
So I thought he was mad at his mother.

9 hours ago, larus said:

"Chairjerk" (I borrowed the term) thinks that every woman from the family need to be "tamed", to learn what they have to do in the new family, to know their place.  As his son`s wife she need to "play a role" in the high society. 

The chairman is behaving like his home is a palace and he is the king, everyone has to follow a protocol. They are all in a fight for "the throne" (Hansung Group), like in a historical drama.

Finally, this drama is showing some progress.  I find it intriguing that the chairman told the wife to shut up and that she doesn't know what she is talking about when she asked why wouldn't he let IS go?  He was quite adamant to keep her.  It looks almost like a noble reason and when the wife talked about the daughter IS has, his facial expression did not show any negative emotion but an empathetic one.  

It is very poor writing in two characters just to make Chairman and IS sympathetic now but oh well, I will take it.  The cute scenes of MR and TJ is keeping me interested for now.  I am really disappointed with the WJ and MH storyline.  I wish MH would experience a one sided love just like JB.  

Right now my only problem is a Park Tae Ri problem.  I can't stand looking at the Na brother.  Ewwwww ....what a scumbag.  

1 hour ago, denise_b said:

When they were having barbecue at WooJin father's cottage, MiHye asked about his mother, and after saying that she is in the US, he became distant all of the sudden.
Then when MiHye brought him dinner, after her uncle's memorial service, WooJin said that after his parents divorced he went with his mother to the US, and his mother married  soon an american man, so he doesn't know much about the korean customs.
So I thought he was mad at his mother.

When parents divorce, the effect on children could be traumatic. Beeing in a foreign country, maybe Woo Jin experienced more stress. It could explain how he became distant from his father. He did not know him properly. It could explain how he doesn`t know Korean customs. Maybe Woo Jin became more introverted  because of past experiences but I don`t think he is mad at his mother. At least we don`t know other aspects of their relationship. Instead we know from what Peter said that Woo jin suffered a lot because of his love (his long time wife)has broken his heart and boken his trust in women. He became workaholic, he doesn`t have a social life. But now he met Mi Hye now and he already has feelings for her.

1 hour ago, denise_b said:

The chairman is behaving like his home is a palace and he is the king, everyone has to follow a protocol. They are all in a fight for "the throne" (Hansung Group), like in a historical drama.

Yes, it is like a royal court. Every time I see dramas with rich family, conglomerate`s struggles, is like I am watching a sageuk in modern times. :D

40 minutes ago, sheza said:

Right now my only problem is a Park Tae Ri problem.  I can't stand looking at the Na brother.  Ewwwww ....what a scumbag.   

Na Do Jin is more unlikable than the Chairman. The actor is doing a good job playing a despicable person. 

He's not worth anything but he pretends that he is from higher class. :crazy: I want to puch his face everytime he appears.

BTS

Hong Jong Hyun and Joo Ye Rim

So cute

Speaking of chaebol family in kdramas, I always find the atmosphere in the those families oppressive, rigid. Not happyness on their faces. When I look at Han family dinner, I feel depressed. :D I was joking that Mi Ri and Tae Joo lost their appetite when they eat at Han mansion and only Chairman and his wife enjoyed the food there, but it is true. How relaxed and warm is Jun Sa`s family dinner!  

When you want to see a more ruthless head member of a rich family than Charmain Han,  you should watch Chairwoman Jang from tvN drama Search: WWW. Speaking of my favorite drama at the moment, that writer knows how to write good characters, conflicts and she is a newbie.

Why I mentioned the tvN drama? It was a scene there that speaks volume about the relationship between chaebol family members. Everyone is on their own and every family member are looking for their own interest first. It`s like a competition. It was a family gathering because it was a memorial service for Chairwoman`s husband. She said that she was not there to mourne, but for politics. :D All members of the family were lined up and they stood up to show their respect after a rank in the family. When it was the time for the youngest son and his wife to start the service like they did every year, she stopped them. She put his uncle to do it just to punished her daughter in law.  

When Ga-Kyung, the daughter in law did something for herself, Chairwoman Jang scolded her. 

Her words: "Why are you living for yourself when you promised to live for our family? I thought your dream was to disappear. Why do you suddenly have an ego now?" It is not different from what Chairman Han expects. When he decided that Tae Joo has to marry Mi Ri because it is best for him to have Mi Ri in the family, he expected to have both of them serving the family and not themselves. Mi Ri is like a slave now.

Let see what Chairwoman Jang does when she finds out what is her daughter in law`s dream (she wants to dissapear, she wants her independence).  She is blackmailing her, she withdraws her parents company's funding.  Ga Gyeong is ferm and she is asking for divorce, and begging her parents to accept bankruptcy, and not be Chairwoman Jan`s slaves anymore.

I am glad Mi Ri`s family is not connected with Han`s money. Sun Ja has not accepted to be bought with expensive gifts. When things will go bad for Mi ri, she can come back to her family. The soon, the better. Meanwhile, I wish the writer will keep Mi Ri strong even when she has put so much guilt on Miri`s shoulders already. Heads- up, Mi Ri! Be strong!

I was peeping into the episode live streaming in between ep 9 Perfume. I am quite switched off this drama after being so addicted.

So don't know what happened the whole episode. So...

Spoiler

TJ asked his uncle about IS daughter since the guy let it slip she had a daughter.

MR asked her mother about her having maternal uncle.

MH for whatever reason kisses WJ. Lol.

The rest were same ' ol  same 'ol'.

I wanted to post this but I am sad. I am sad I am no longer enjoying this drama and I don't even know why. I will take a glimpse every now and then but I no longer look forward to weekends in order to watch it and chat you all.:(

4 hours ago, smhelen said:

I wanted to post this but I am sad. I am sad I am no longer enjoying this drama and I don't even know why. I will take a glimpse every now and then but I no longer look forward to weekends in order to watch it and chat you all.:(

I know why I am not enjoying it. Every time I peeped in it was IS or the Chairman. The Chairman and TJ scene was taking so long. When I live streamed the Chairman and IS scenes were super long. Or IS drinking being super long.

Drag, drag, drag. Nothing seems so long as when you're forced to listen when there are no subs. Then you realise they drone on and on? Honestly how long can they yap on the same point? Its gotten to the point I was worried if the actor playing the Chairman needed lozenges for all the yelling.

But the TJ and MR scenes just zip through really quickly and ends in less than 3 minutes. So does MH and WJ. And MS' FIL with the pharmacist was taking so long too.

I was dying watching the live stream. I have live streamed in the past before all the way back and have enjoyed my dramas. It's easier to pick up the flaws when you're forced to watch every scene and can't skip.

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

Honestly how long can they yap on the same point? Its gotten to the point I was worried if the actor playing the Chairman needed lozenges for all the yelling.

I was dying watching the live stream. I have live streamed in the past before all the way back and have enjoyed my dramas. It's easier to pick up the flaws when you're forced to watch every scene and can't skip.

You had me laughing. I can't handle the broken record and that lame gold digger story. Boring 

42 minutes ago, maribella said:

@ck1Oz the preview showed the two old codgers too. :frown: Never mind, think of it as a service to the rest of us. I was thinking of watching it later today. Most likely will just stick to this forum.

Just watched the raw. Yup subs not out. I skipped all the way to the scene with MS and WJ' ex. Then WJ.

Ok the scene before when WJ in front of the coffee machine. Yeah those scenes were good. The preview is even BETTER. 

So. Done for the week. I just heard the gist between TJ and MR. Can't be bothered with Na HM and her bro. Skipped the Chairman and IS

SJ and Jae Baum is inhumane and an assault. See?? What you can achieve with a raw episode.

Ciao guys have to bring my kids to a party.

2 hours ago, melissa_lee said:

It is not perfect....but it is still very enjoyable.

Yes,  I am quite fine with this drama so far because no one-size-fits-all formula works. Drama—romantic , comedy or tragedy or thriller or horror —depends on the audience acceptance level. Eg. the rating for drama Arthdal Chronicles is not so good, though the story is so interesting that worth spending time to watch. The genres of drama are very subjective.

We, audience accept flaws and wish that the script writer can improve the story along the way since we have so many ep to go. I am glad to see some sweet couple moment between TJ and MR on the latest ep. May be writer and her assistant had read our comment forum. :lol:. Go Go Go, writer.......the last scene we knew that TJ would know IS had abandoned her daughter thru his uncle mouth, but he did not know who the daughter is. MR is going to be a wonder woman and protect TJ whatever she can in the family as well as in office based on the preview.

Why don't they give some lines or something for the Chairman's second son to do?  He comes across like he's not all there.  The only thing he does with gusto is eat!  Wouldn't it be lovely if he turns out not to be the Chairman's son?! 

Archived