[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

1 hour ago, turtlegirl said:

Sorry I'm posting consecutively and I know I'm not supposed to but why did I just have this thought that what if somehow JKW was responsible for Angel Dan's death as a child? Is this a possibility or am I just thinking nonsensically (is that even a word?) because it's late here and I'm tired? :o:huh:

Anything is possible. 

Some people’s perception of the scenes are so different that sometimes I wonder if we are watching the same show! 

giphy.gif

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a serious note. Other than the kitchen scene, am I the only one who is curious to know about this scene as well? 

ezgif-1-e79174191ee1.gif

I hope it’s not a pondering scene where Dan is worried about YS. In fact, I want to see something like how he starts seeing Yeon Seo in a new light after his realization hitting him in the last episode. 

Am I reading it wrong, but his expression seems too serious in a good way.  I’m dying to see a parallel scene like this from Kim Dan’s perspective. 

ezgif-1-88ad3c2582f3.gif

3 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

An angel with a gun...I was a bit startled too, especially since I hardly ever see guns in kdramas in the first place hah. I still haven't watched with subs (hopefully tomorrow morning I have time)...was the black dressed angel holding the gun because he is the "more evil" angel or something? Ahh it's very difficult for me to even think of an angel as being evil though. I suppose I have a very naive childlike view of angels. This show is opening my eyes! 

Sorry I'm posting consecutively and I know I'm not supposed to but why did I just have this thought that what if somehow JKW was responsible for Angel Dan's death as a child? Is this a possibility or am I just thinking nonsensically (is that even a word?) because it's late here and I'm tired? :o:huh:

I'm wondering about the gun, too and the whole 2 different angels. But we'll see what will be explain to us throughout the drama.

I have a feeling that JKW isn't responsible for Dan's death as a child. Could it be the Hu Sunbae? That's why he ask for give Dan a second chance and he's always worry about Dan, making sure he sticks to his mission. Just a guess.

29 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

On a serious note. Other than the kitchen scene, am I the only one who is curious to know about this scene as well? 

I'm curious of a lot of scenes that's happening next week.

Especially how Dan got out of the water after JKW and him both fell off

Prediction of the ending; YS and Dan face same fate that matil and director faced. But this time director makes the sacrifice and protects Dan from the shooting so that they don’t suffer the same fate he did. And so he can finally die to join matil.

im still wondering why the feather on Dans handkerchief was glowing when they kissed and why the feather on KJW handkerchief turned black when he put the ashes of Matil in a buddhist tempel..

Like i do understand that it was some sort of betrayal from KJW part.. and thats why it probably turned balck

but why did KD feather glow up 

I'm dreading this weekend to come... I mean it's the weekend but ALML is my life right now! :(:lol:

*Ottoke...* 

22f29b75-5db7-41c0-bad1-e5b327455c0e-ori

Something interesting also came to my mind when I watched the death scene of Matil again. I think she saw something or someone since she couldn't see the Angels to save JKW. Or someone must've lifted, dragged, or pushed her in front of JKW. I don't think the black angel shot her but who knows. Maybe I'm just overthinking but something doesn't look or feel right. :wacko:

e1cf512c-7c66-4980-b694-e2afa1cc9e25-ori

hi! new one here.

2 hours ago, Liting1 said:

I'm dreading this weekend to come... I mean it's the weekend but ALML is my life right now! :(:lol:

*Ottoke...* 

Something interesting also came to my mind when I watched the death scene of Matil again. I think she saw something or someone since she couldn't see the Angels to save JKW. Or someone must've lifted, dragged, or pushed her in front of JKW. I don't think the black angel shot her but who knows. Maybe I'm just overthinking but something doesn't look or feel right. :wacko:

i did think of this too! the fact that mathilde couldn't actually see anything, so obviously she didn't know that he was about to receive his punishment whatsoever. the scene turned to black when the gun was shot, but it didn't show us whether she took the shot or the angels purposely teleported mathilde in front of jkw and shot her in front of him. don't you think it's his punishment? to lose his lover? i kinda think that that would be his punishment instead of disspating into dust because he hadn't done his mission properly, get married with his lover while at the same time abandoning his responsibility and status as an angel like the deity had given to him? so that he can focus more on his responsibility?

plus, i think he wanted to make ys the chairwoman of fantasia to complete his mission? no wonder he sounded pretty desperate and threatened and asked kd to why kd made ys to leave ballet behind (idk the words that would explain his reason best but that's all i could get)

also, i have a question. don't angels dissipate to dust if they break a rule or do not complete their mission? why did the angels pointed a gun towards jkw instead?

oh, and an observation. when both kd and jkw drowned into the water, the scene proceeded to show that jkw was no longer in the water with kd. isn't that fishy?

16 hours ago, titania1000 said:

What happened instead, 

Actually l would think there is no "what should happen instead" in a drama. This is what you want to see but it's never a must to expect the writer to write what you want to see and what you think should happen. The drama is based on the writer's own block of imagination and the story she created. 

All to swear  the most ridiculous oath of loyalty to a girl (Yeon Seo) who threw her money at his face (while she knew he saved her life) and never apologized, a girl convinced that she's the one who ruined all evidences by mixing medicine and alcohol but never took her phone to say a kind word though she witnessed his tears on the beach when she danced in front of him, and listened to his heartful speech about the meaning of this new project for him.

I don't see anything wrong in YS doing that to JKW. He was a stranger who suddenly appeared like a overzealous stalker and tells her he likes her so much. She doesn't get his tears, why would she know what his tears mean when he's crying for Malti. His tears as well as his "heartful speech" speaks no meaning for YS too because all that was in her mind was regaining her ballet skills, she have absolutely no interest in this man or this project that she never wanted to do but that he kept going to her to persuade her to do it. Simply put, he is just a ballet director to her and that's it. Why would she care about someone like him? He didn't save her life. Dan did. He only held her hand and at most called the ambulance. :lol:

If it wasn't for SHS, i would have never put up with such an insufferable character, but even her talent can't cover this: we are at ep 6 and  

• Her immaturity and cowardice have.......

Except for her dancing skills and her pretty face, there's nothing to like about her. 

She is a rude icy rich self centred princess who everyone around her can't stand and is afraid of. But beneath that are layers of hurt she suffered from her loved ones leaving her and the self defence she build up to block people around her and to block her from appreciating others concern and love for her (until Dan comes supposedly to make her break her defences to love again). I'm sad you couldn't see that weak side behind her rude and conceited front. This speaks so much of SHS's acting that I could see (perhaps I'm biased but YS is nothing like just a pretty face and dancing skills like you said) but you couldn't, sadly. Your words suggest so much hate on YS. I can't help but to speak up for YS and SHS. :D

She talked to him in a such humiliating way like he was a disgusting thing who should never be allowed to approach her or

Actually she talked to everyone in the same rude way, even to Mr Jo. :lol:

Yeon Seo is toxic. Doppelganger or not, she's nothing like Mathilde for all the reasons i already mentioned

She's nothing like Malti because she is YS not Malti.

but there's two things that i absolutely don't want that the last two episodes did:

• to link him romantically with Yeon Seo

I think a lot of us don't want to link him romantically to YS too :P

I don't blame him for this reaction: it's a very human way to react and i like the idea that he's turning more human.  

Hehe chingu you are being biased here probably like I'm to YS.

He's a selfish person to force his own dreams of Malti onto a totally different person YS who has absolutely no love for him, or should I say have nothing to do with him in all sense. We can't blame YS for not reprocicating him because he is NOTHING to her but just someone in Fantasia who comes persuading her to dance again. He's downright selfish... he is annoyed to see Dan around her but he forgets she's not Malti. He's selfish when he demands Dan to address her as agasshi instead of by her name. Who does he think he is to interfere in how Dan and YS call each other? She's not his Malti.

The relationship never made sense but it became even more chaotic after he was forced to deny his feelings. 

I disagree that their relationship never made sense. Dan was here as a replacement to Mr Jo to do the things she always did with Mr Jo but couldn't after suffering from PTSD. He spent time with her and was by her side all the time helping her to walk and believe again. Through the things they went through together it's not impossible that they develop feelings. They don't have to share a meal to make sense to a relationship or for that kitchen scene. He gave her courage to walk on her own again and she acknowledged that after the press con when she thanked Dan. That was the first time in the drama she actually thanked someone sincerely. He broke her defences. To make her feel and love again.

Because this is a fantasy drama, the two already have a connection through their childhood and when she was in the park Dan was surprised she could hear and touch him. And as one of us mentioned the handkerchief glowed when they kissed. We don't know what is their back story yet so we'll wait and see. 

Why their relationship never make sense to you, I really don't know why. But to me, it does and it is logical.

If he finds a way to move on, then the perfect woman for him is Ni Na. She's kind and balanced. She's stunning (more than Yeon Seo, though not more than Mathilde, but that's the power of SHS who can be more or less attractive on demand), she's talented the perfect prima ballerina: technically superior (KBM can not be beaten on this front) and as passionate as Kang Woo about dance, and she's above all  sincerely in love with him. 

Yes please be with Nina. I ship them too :P

In the eye of the beholder, YS is more stunning than Nina... to me :lol:

I guess I'm one who watch dramas very superficially. I don't care to analyse. I don't care about bad writing as long as it don't get too ridiculous. I don't care about what should be right or what shouldn't be. I only care about the story of Dan and YS.  I like the leads. I like their dynamics. I like their chemistry. I like their acting. I like the OSTs :lol:. I like the drama because I'm enjoying it as it is without stressing my head off on the theories or writing or directing; and is looking forward to new episodes every week. That's as simple a reason why I'm enjoying the drama. Because of the totally believable relationship of YS and Dan.

I totally respect your views chingu but feel compelled to voice out mine too. Many may find me bias towards SHS but I dare to say I'm not blindly bias. I know how to differentiate good and bad in a fair way and I don't think my reply sounds any bias but is instead based on what I get from the drama so far. Continue to voice out what you think and I know you will :)

5 hours ago, soesje said:

im still wondering why the feather on Dans handkerchief was glowing when they kissed and why the feather on KJW handkerchief turned black when he put the ashes of Matil in a buddhist tempel..

Like i do understand that it was some sort of betrayal from KJW part.. and thats why it probably turned balck

but why did KD feather glow up 

OK, here's my theory. I'm sure I will get ripped for it, but here it goes:

Angel Dan's mission was to have YS love again. Sunbae Angel did not specify that the person YS was supposed to love was JKW. I think Dan (inexperienced with humans) assumed that. Perhaps Dan's mission is to BE the person YS loves. That's why the feather glows when they kissed....because he's on the right track. 

When JKW puts the ashes of Matil in the Buddhist temple, I think that the feather turns black for a couple of reasons. First of all, her ashes are in a place where there are idols....just like he made her his idol and put her above his relationship with God. It symbolizes the blackness of his heart and soul--because the next scene IIRC, was that JKW tried to hang himself. And then overdose on pills. He is doomed to be alive and endlessly grieves Matil's death; a sentence of Hell in itself.

Dan also is a rookie angel because he feels he can't say he likes YS. He doesn't want to do what JKW did and put his love for YS above his love for God. However, the scripture says that a man should love his wife like Christ loved the church. By loving YS, and (hopefully for us viewers) marrying her, he fulfills his mission and keeps his relationship with God. 

I agree with @briseis. It's been a long time since I've seen such a cracktastic drama, with so much to ponder. The writing is amazing and the beautiful cinematography adds to the magical feeling.

4 hours ago, titania1000 said:

There's no way i can write a short or calm answer!:tears: :sweatingbullets:

To answer your question,  there are many reasons : the general plot, the characterization of Yeon Seo and her romance with Dan but the most important reason is the direction taken for Kang Woo. He's now my favourite character and the only one who had until now a decent character development, and now based on ep 6 the writer seems to have all intention to ruin it :tears:

Wow that was such a dedicated and detailed answer :wub: 

Much as I agree with some of the ideas you carried out, especially the shipping between Kang Woo and Nina :P, I feel like the rest of your thoughts was totally different from me, maybe we choose to understand the story differently you know, and that is hard for me to express them in words since I’m not so good at expressing my own perspective :D but I respect what you think tho. Considering we are just about 1/3 way through the whole drama, I hope you can stay a little bit longer maybe to the very end of the last episode to reassure your thoughts once again as I would love to hear your ideas:heart:

Archived