[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Melissa Add said:

Oh I sorry if i use a bad word, i not English my vocabulaire is still short so i used the word i know "worst" , i should have said not her best drama for me.     :sweat_smile:

Yes the chemistry between Kim Dan and Yeon Su  is amazing this  one of the main reasons i keep watching  this drama.                            

I will try not post a bad review i don't want to bother people who like this drama.  sorry

Not saying you can't post a bad review. Everyone is entitled to post reviews whether good or bad. I post bad and unpopular views sometimes too. But words are such powerful weapons that they can shape people's varied responses and make or do something, so the choice of words does matter. Don't be sorry. Let's agree to disagree and move on.:)

@jakey09 @iffy21 you two don't be naughty ok! Our Angel Dan is still as pure as sheet. Omg I cannot imagine a passionate Dan at this stage yet :sweatingbullets::lol:

19 minutes ago, iffy21 said:

I fully agree, this is not her worst but by far her best. I for one absolutely love this drama and dont see the flaw in writing at all. As for SHS, I will always trust in her decisions for picking a drama/movie as in her eyes it's about more than just rating but rather looks for a character that will challenge her. 

This drama has received great reviews from netizens and all actors especially L and SHS have been praised. PEOPLE want to see the amazing chemistry between the OTP but I also want to see a bit of ballet so it shows the amount of work and dedication put in by SHS for this role. Will there be more romantic eps? Absolutely but the writer has a plan and vision which I am excited to see. Yesterdays eps made me a bit sad for YS and I am still recovering from it. All I can think about it is YeonDan and wish it was Wednesday to see the kitchen scene.:tears:

If you don't like it, fair enough, but please don't label it as the worst if it doesn't meet your individual needs or expectations. 

I might not belong to SHS's fandom but I agree with everything you said about this drama. Of course, with only 6/12 episodes aired, it's still early to evaluate Angel's Last Mission: Love in its entirety, but so far it's nearly flawless for me. I've been watching kdramas for 13 years now and each year it's more difficult for me to find ones which I like because I've seen so many of them that it takes it something truly special to make me feel excited and inspired to gush about them; however, this show has managed to do just that. If the writer won't fail, it might become one of the best kdramas I have ever seen and that is a title I do not mention lightly. 

The writers spirits the audience away in a world she has created and, frankly, I'm in awe of her imagination - the way she works with the Christian mythology, incorporating the specifics of Korean culture into it. Furthermore, it's extremely multi-layered, deep and heartfelt story with complex characters. It's like a huge puzzle whose pieces the writer is gradually revealing and which I love to put together, or at least try. And no matter how I look at it, everything is logical, everything makes sense, each new reveal was hinted previously but the audience was missing an important piece of information which prevented the viewers from realizing it. Frankly, it's a joy for me to theoritizes about everything, particularly as a translator and interpreter who is finishing her Masters degree and has several exams from analyzing all sorts of texts, including British and Irish literature. And this drama is like a holy grail for me.

Moreover, the actors have been doing a splendid job. Shin Hye Sun is utterly sublime and for me, she is a revelation. I knew Kim Myung Soo could act and that he wouldn't embarrass himself next to her, but it still surprised me how well he's been able to hold his own next to SHS and how he has become Dan so wholly. I already mentioned how I love to hate KJW and that's also due to LDG's amazing portrayal of him. 

Furthermore, after Healer and Queen of Seven Days, the director once again proves that he is pure genius. The cinematography and the way he works with his actors and understands the story is brilliant. And the music, the music is in a category of its own, be it the songs or the instrumental OSTs, they suit the story perfectly. I can't forget to mention the high quality of editing which is something rare for kdramas with most of them being filmed week-to-week. It's obvious that the filming is well ahead of the airing episodes and you can immediately spot the difference.

It's no coincidence that the drama is receiving positive reviews both internationally and domestically.

Finally, I want to say how happy I am that I can spend my time here with all of you and share my love and admiration for his drama and read your amazing posts and insights.

26 minutes ago, briseis said:

Finally, I want to say how happy I am that I can spend my time here with all of you and share my love and admiration for his drama and read your amazing posts and insights.

Well said and I always enjoy reading your insights and theories about this drama. So let's enjoy this amazing show together until the very end Chingu :-) Very much look forward to reading all your brilliant posts going forward and thank you for joining this amazing community we got here. 

@Ni Wen He is already reading up all by himself and did you not see how he kissed her without any hesitation. :P:P I think he should pay her back for seducing him in the studio and make all of us swoon including his own fans.

I have watched all of his shows and never seen this side of him so I am kind of curious.B) And come on Healer and Queen of Seven Days had some steamy moments and it's not fair if our OTP doesn't get any at this stage. :wub::D

39 minutes ago, iffy21 said:

Well said and I always enjoy reading your insights and theories about this drama. So let's enjoy this amazing show together until the very end Chingu :-) Very much look forward to reading all your brilliant posts going forward and thank you for joining this amazing community we got here. 

Thank you! I might not post them as much as I used to since I have exam each Monday in June from now on, but I'll try. 

35 minutes ago, iffy21 said:

@Ni Wen He is already reading up all by himself and did you not see how he kissed her without any hesitation. :P:P I think he should pay her back for seducing him in the studio and make all of us swoon including his own fans.

I have watched all of his shows and never seen this side of him so I am kind of curious.B) And come on Healer and Queen of Seven Days had some steamy moments and it's not fair if our OTP doesn't get any at this stage. :wub::D

This director has real talent for filming these swoonworthy, romantic moments and make them seem natural. I love how the relationship between the OTP intensifies with each passing episode. 

I've made a gifset of that literally SWOONworthy moment on the ship. For me, AMLS is basically the definition of the ultimate romance :wub:

tumblr_psp30iJKAA1s8t96qo8_r1_540.giftumblr_psp30iJKAA1s8t96qo9_r2_540.giftumblr_psp30iJKAA1s8t96qo10_r1_540.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_psp30iJKAA1s8t96qo2_r3_540.giftumblr_psp30iJKAA1s8t96qo4_r3_540.giftumblr_psp30iJKAA1s8t96qo5_r2_540.giftumblr_psp30iJKAA1s8t96qo6_r1_540.giftumblr_psp30iJKAA1s8t96qo7_r1_540.gif

@briseis Good luck with all your exams, and no doubt you will pass it with flying colours. :D

That part was well done and they were under a heart shaped arch...like that differently pissed off JKW :P

20 minutes ago, briseis said:

For me, AMLS is basically the definition of the ultimate romance :wub:

YES! This basically sums up my feelings while watching this drama, specifically the last two eps!! This drama takes romance to another level and uses common tropes so wisely that they feel original and stand out on their own!! That scene above where Dan caught YS and the scene right after where he guarded her makes me scream out loud of how romantic and swoon-worthy they are :heart:

1 hour ago, screwdila said:

Hey guys just made an MV on Dan and Yeon seo. Please do watch it :)

I came across couple VMs with Bollywood songs! I’m glad South Asian are enjoying the show as well! 

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

@jakey09 @iffy21 you two don't be naughty ok! Our Angel Dan is still as pure as sheet. Omg I cannot imagine a passionate Dan at this stage yet :sweatingbullets::lol:

But still ... he is 27 and she is 29! Don’t let them touch lips only God! 

19 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

It's so beautiful :bawling:

Wow! I love it! It shows the beauty of the show! Well done to the editor! 

1 hour ago, briseis said:

I want to say I have been enjoying reading all your awesome thoughts and posts too. You made this a wonderful space to be in. :)

9 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

But still ... he is 27 and she is 29! Don’t let them touch lips only God

I mean in the drama not RL :lol:

20 hours ago, jakey09 said:

So she was talking about Dan? 

It was confusing. Why would they play it on Matilda?

I think it was a parallel between her and Matilda. She was thinking about Dan hm.

17 hours ago, Friendly kitty said:

Can you write in the spoiler about childhood memories that were shown in yesterday's episodes ??? They told already about domestic violence or explained why Dan is beaten ??? This is called, I want to quit, because I'm afraid to watch the story with violence, and I can not quit watching, because the story is too beautiful ...:rolleyes:

I just saw now your post. But I do not think this can be consider a spoiler. Nothing happened. They just showed us more scenes, but nothing significant. And since the begining of this show I am with this opinion, I just forgot to mention it.

Oh! Speaking of the director and his previous works ... one of the reasons I was excited about Hae Sun starring in this rom com was because of the director who has given swoon worthy moments! 

The bed scene in Healer and some interesting scenes even in QO7D?! 

Then why the hell I’m so nervous for not being able to get anything in ALML?! I think, it’s because of the writer. 

I mean, OTP! Don’t disappoint! In actual world, there’s only 2 and a half years of age difference between you two which is Zilch. Nada. Rien. Nothing. Zero. 

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

I want to say I have been enjoying reading all your awesome thoughts and posts too. You made this a wonderful space to be in. :)

I mean in the drama not RL :lol:

Same thing. It’s physical chemistry. 

1 hour ago, briseis said:

I might not belong to SHS's fandom but I agree with everything you said about this drama. Of course, with only 6/12 episodes aired, it's still early to evaluate Angel's Last Mission: Love in its entirety, but so far it's nearly flawless for me. I've been watching kdramas for 13 years now and each year it's more difficult for me to find ones which I like because I've seen so many of them that it takes it something truly special to make me feel excited and inspired to gush about them; however, this show has managed to do just that. If the writer won't fail, it might become one of the best kdramas I have ever seen and that is a title I do not mention lightly. 

You said what I have been thinking since I watched the first episode.

I watched kdramas since 20010. I have an account in soompi since 2013, but  I barely coment or post anything. I can count in one hand how many dramas I've been following in soompi and I haven´t been so addicted to the point where I coment, follow and even post things, since 2015. Like you, I grew tired of the same "plot" and its takes me more than the typical k-drama to make me inspire to post something or even follow the thread.

Tbh, some 2018-2019 kdramas that I watched are so bad, (I won't name them) that I thought of not watching kdramas anymore. Then ALML came along and I am honestly so glad that it brought me back and to have some sort of hope. Like these bad dramas started off well but then it went downhill towards the end. I don't know what is up with that? I do hope ALML won't end up like that. For starters, I love everything about it but who knows if it will be my #1 kdrama of 2019 when it ends. We shall see! :D

Anyways, I'm going to rewatch the previous episodes over the weekend! :lol:

Btw, I am still confused at that death scene of past LYS and JKW when the two Angels (one in black and one in white) were there and the black angel had a gun. Like I thought Angels don't have any sort of weapons, especially guns. Haha. I know this drama is somewhat fictional. But dang... I was startled to see an angel have a gun. So what is the purpose to have the white angel there? :blink:

c6291834-08f5-4950-b155-2c417060068b-ori

This drama is going to be one of my favorite dramas of all time if it keeps going like this, seriously! I really hope Danyeon has a happy ending :confounded:  or else I'm afraid of what I might do... maybe I can fly to Korea with an angel gun and poof the writer into dust if they aren't together at the end XD

I'm glad that Dan is starting to realize the evilness of Yeonseo's family. When he went to go ask for help from Nina's sister (I forgot her name), I think it was more to confirm that she didn't want to help, rather than actually asking for help, based on how he coldly said, "Because you're her family, I thought that you would be eager to help," or something like that afterwards. He's still a little too impulsive and can't really hide his feelings towards the evilness right now, though, which might get him into danger later on:o

An interesting observation: every time the director 'attacks' Dan (when he grabs Dan's collar/shirt and goes slightly crazy), he always pushes him against a barrier that's blocking him from a body of water. 

*In episode 5, he pushes him against the dock to a lake(?) after seeing Yeonseo seductively dancing around Dan.

*At the end of episode 6, the director randomly charges over to Dan and pushes him against the bridge over a large river.

^^^The difference is that the second time, they actually get past the barrier and both fall into the water.

I don't know if there's significance to this, but since this drama already has a theme of water/rain in it, I'm going to think that there's some meaning behind this lol

Anyway, the long wait for next week's episode is beginning now for me! That kitchen make-out session we're talking about seems so far away... I hope we get a lot of updates this week to fill in the emptiness^_^

7 hours ago, jakey09 said:

Wow! I love it! It shows the beauty of the show! Well done to the editor! 

That YouTuber makes the most beautiful edits! You should check out his/her (not sure if it's a girl or guy) other edits for sure! 

5 hours ago, Liting1 said:

Tbh, some 2018-2019 kdramas that I watched are so bad, (I won't name them) that I thought of not watching kdramas anymore. Then ALML came along and I am honestly so glad that it brought me back and to have some sort of hope. Like these bad dramas started off well but then it went downhill towards the end. 

Ugh I feel you so much on this! So many that I lost interest in at the end and have never finished. Please don't let that happen with this one! 

5 hours ago, Liting1 said:

Btw, I am still confused at that death scene of past LYS and JKW when the two Angels (one in black and one in white) were there and the black angel had a gun. Like I thought Angels don't have any sort of weapons, especially guns. Haha. I know this drama is somewhat fictional. But dang... I was startled to see an angel have a gun. So what is the purpose to have the white angel there? :blink:

An angel with a gun...I was a bit startled too, especially since I hardly ever see guns in kdramas in the first place hah. I still haven't watched with subs (hopefully tomorrow morning I have time)...was the black dressed angel holding the gun because he is the "more evil" angel or something? Ahh it's very difficult for me to even think of an angel as being evil though. I suppose I have a very naive childlike view of angels. This show is opening my eyes! 

Sorry I'm posting consecutively and I know I'm not supposed to but why did I just have this thought that what if somehow JKW was responsible for Angel Dan's death as a child? Is this a possibility or am I just thinking nonsensically (is that even a word?) because it's late here and I'm tired? :o:huh:

Archived