[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading back thru the thread, most of what I was going to comment on has already been mentioned. But I'll just reiterate some stuff.

So I actually started to have sympathy for a character I don't like, JKW, during Matil's death scene/the confrontation with the 2 angel messengers. Like when he was saying to the angels, why won't the Deity let me love? That's just evil, he pretty much said. Like others had mentioned, I agree the reason for the Deity's decision must have been because JKW not only abandoned his mission but seemingly abandoned the Deity too. Angel Dan seems to still have a close relationship and communication with the Deity, and is working to fulfill his mission. So I really feel like his fate will be different than JKW's. I'm having more confidence of a happy ending between Angel Dan and YS. 

I like the idea someone had on here of JKW somehow sacrificing himself for the sake of YS and Angel Dan's love, and therefore getting to enter the afterlife and be with Matil. Right now though he is immortal so not sure how that would happen. And also, he seems to becoming darker and darker. The end of the last ep was so "whoa that dude is scary". However, after watching Matil's death scene, I would like to see JKW have some redemption in the end. 

Umm oh someone mentioned the end of the ep where we were shown Angel Dan in the water but not JKW. I wonder if he was able to use his wings to fly away. Maybe we can see what color they are (my guess is black). I also wonder if Dan will use his wings to get out of the water, and that's how JKW will discover he's an angel? 

Just some thoughts. 

1 hour ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I think I'm going to join this thread. I like the drama's plot a lot. I don't know anything about the  actors. This is my first time watching them. I'm on episode 1!

Hope you like them. 

1 hour ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I think I'm going to join this thread. I like the drama's plot a lot. I don't know anything about the  actors. This is my first time watching them. I'm on episode 1!

Welcome to the thread and hope you enjoy the journey along with us. :D

3 Ways Shin Hye Sun Has Impressed With Her Acting In “Angel’s Last Mission: Love”

3 Ways Shin Hye Sun Has Impressed With Her Acting In “Angel’s Last Mission: Love”

Jun 10, 2019
by S. Cho

KBS 2TV’s “Angel’s Last Mission: Love” is a mix of fantasy, love, and mesmerizing ballet dancing, and has found itself ranked first among Wednesday-Thursday dramas, as well as weekly mini-series dramas. A key point to the drama’s success is actress Shin Hye Sun, who has the incredible ability of making every one of her scenes memorable.

Through her role as ballerina Lee Yeon Seo, Shin Hye Sun displays extreme emotion, soft-hearted yet bittersweet romance, as well as captivating ballet. Here are some ways her impressive acting had the audience both laughing and crying.

Potential spoilers ahead!

Her explosive emotional acting that gives goosebumps

In the third and fourth episodes, Lee Yeon Seo receives a huge shock after her and her family’s driver Jo Seung Wan (played by Jang Hyun Sung) passes away. At his wake, she tries to smile while holding back tears, as she thinks about how before he died, he told her he wanted to see her bright smile. While her eyes were full of sadness, her bittersweet but bright smile left a huge impact on viewers.

Afterwards, she went home and bawled as she thought about her memories with Jo Seung Wan, leaving the audience in tears as well. There were no flaws in her ability to portray the suppression of emotions in front of others, as well as the outburst once she was alone.

Her romantic acting that you can’t help but fall in love with

While Lee Yeon Seo was initially extremely cold, Shin Hye Sun has been able to slowly but surely transform her as she falls in love, making the audience fall in love with her. This was especially evident in the ninth and tenth episodes, as Lee Yeon Seo straightforwardly approaches Dan (played by INFINITE’s L) and asks, “I thought you liked me. Do you like me?” Her strong stance in trying to discover his feelings left viewers’ hearts fluttering.

VTVENTER_70000000326782_20190607_2019060

In episodes 11 and 12, Dan is adorably giving Lee Yeon Seo a piggyback, when she solemnly asks with tears in her eyes, “Why don’t you like me?” Through her question, her real feelings in being unable to trust and therefore locking herself up were revealed. Even in such an emotional scene, Shin Hye Sun was able to connect to viewers with her relatable acting.

The effort behind her euphoric ballet dancing

Shin Hye Sun continues to wow the audience with her impressive transformation into a ballerina. Her perfected ballet scenes are helping to upgrade the excellence of the drama, all through her diligent practice. Her ending dance scene by the water at the end of episode 10 was especially memorable, as it rose “Shin Hye Sun ballet” to the top of realtime search rankings.

VTVENTER_70000000326580_20190605_2019060

You can watch Shin Hye Sun in “Angel’s Last Mission: Love” on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1330897wpp/3-ways-shin-hye-sun-has-impressed-with-her-acting-in-angels-last-mission-love

Shin Hye Sun Refuses To Let Go Of INFINITE’s L In Dire Situation In “Angel’s Last Mission: Love”

Jun 10, 2019
by J. Lim

KBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Angel’s Last Mission: Love” has released new stills showing Shin Hye Sun desperately reaching out for INFINITE’s L.

“Angel’s Last Mission: Love” tells the story of Dan (played by L), an angel who has to carry out his mission, and Lee Yeon Seo (Shin Hye Sun), the woman who falls in love with him. Dan is always looking out for Lee Yeon Seo and melts her heart with his innocence and devotion to her. He has now become someone who gives her strength and always reaches his hand out to her, someone she feels she can’t live without.

The new stills show Lee Yeon Seo reaching out for Dan this time. He is standing at the ledge of a bridge, but Lee Yeon Seo is holding on to him to keep him grounded in a dangerous situation. A myriad of emotions play across Dan’s eyes as he looks down at Lee Yeon Seo as she steadily holds on.

What’s noticeable is that the pair on standing on the same bridge they had their first meeting on. It was here that Dan breathed life back into Lee Yeon Seo as she was dying. The situation seems to have changed now and Lee Yeon Seo appears to be the one keeping Dan grounded.

Shin-Hye-Sun-INFINITE-L2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1331077wpp/shin-hye-sun-refuses-to-let-go-of-infinites-l-in-dire-situation-in-angels-last-mission-love

34 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

That new stills is breaking my heart! I miss seeing goofy and bubbly KD. Now that he knows his true feelings for LYS, he really is doomed. I am worried for my OTP! I do look forward to that scene on the bridge though! :(:tears:

Hi @Liting1,  :blush:  I really want to see his carefree smile again like the early episodes when he was still an angel or when he first comes down as a human.  It’s like when he experiences more angsts and knows how evil people can be, then he becomes more human and there is more sadness in his eyes. :cold_sweat:

I recalled someone in thread said that (Sorry I can’t remember who, probably @briseis) this scene Dan doesn’t intend to jump over the bridge. He just want YS to realize that those who care for her will feel the same sad if she tries to commit suicide again.  I noticed that her dress is the same as the meeting room scene that she said she will make people love her.  But I don’t know the order which scene will happen first.   

i just rewatched the last few parts of ep 12, and i think i found something fishy. when jkw tackled kd, he said something regarding to why kd told ys to give up dancing. only ys and kd knew about this conversation. how come jkw knew this too? did he follow ys or something? 

also, i found this comment on youtube:

actually if you look at it objectively he already completed his mission. his mission is only to make lee yeon seo fall in love and she did, unexpectedly/expectedly to him. now this end with one of two, either he stays for 100 days then go home or stay then get disintegrated for loving someone more than the deity. or the extra choice of mayve we'll find the deity being merciful as a show of fixing their mistake of killing a human previously. - chaisensei

this kinda makes sense...

13 minutes ago, jaemin's friend said:

only ys and kd knew about this conversation. how come jkw knew this too? did he follow ys or something? 

Yes i was wondering how did he know what Dan told YS too. Either he's been stalking them or he has some special powers :lol:

Hi!  I've been a silent reader for quite some time, as I enjoyed the discussion... Decided to join in bcoz I'm too excited hahaha. First of all,  I'm an infinite's fan aka L's, but never actually enjoy his acting as much as this before, but in this drama, i definitely can say that he is Myungsoo all the way, his bright and bubbly acts, his dimples especially hihihi. And shin hye sun, her acting is daebak!! She potrayed her character perfectly. To be honest, I'm quite picky with kdramas and the unique storyline is what dragged me in. I can't wait to watch the progress of main leads relationship,  and the back-story of Dan's.  I wonder why he keep on dreaming about his childhood memory when he was not supposed to remember it at all (bcoz he is an Angel now). Anyway, I really enjoy the story so far and hopefully, the happy ending for all. span widgetspan widgetpan widgetspan widgetspan widget

14 minutes ago, Aishah Jamal said:

Hi!  I've been a silent reader for quite some time, as I enjoyed the discussion... Decided to join in bcoz I'm too excited hahaha. First of all,  I'm an infinite's fan aka L's, but never actually enjoy his acting as much as this before, but in this drama, i definitely can say that he is Myungsoo all the way, his bright and bubbly acts, his dimples especially hihihi. And shin hye sun, her acting is daebak!! She potrayed her character perfectly. To be honest, I'm quite picky with kdramas and the unique storyline is what dragged me in. I can't wait to watch the progress of main leads relationship,  and the back-story of Dan's.  I wonder why he keep on dreaming about his childhood memory when he was not supposed to remember it at all (bcoz he is an Angel now). Anyway, I really enjoy the story so far and hopefully, the happy ending for all. span widgetspan widgetpan widgetspan widgetspan widget

Welcome @Aishah Jamal !!!

Happy to see L fan joining in. I am soon becoming one too. :D

Archived