[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

3 hours ago, Hannahmiriam said:

Hide contents

She found out last week. She is full of ambition, just like her parents. She was happy that she is not the daughter of a "mere" princess, but that of the emperor.

3 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

Jang Bori, Unni is Alive, Geum Sa Wol, Temptation of Wife, Five Fingers.

I remember Jang Bori.  I had to take a break, it was so torturous.  I also remember the evil one in it being so dumb, that she always got caught.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, foreverempress said:

I hate to say this, after today's episode and the preview for tomorrow's, I doubt that I will continue to watch because it is doing too much to soon. It used to be a fun train wreck, but now it just seem that this writer is just doing the most outrageous things just to keep people at the edge of their seats. Suffice to say, that for me, the thrill is gone...All the way out of the window. It makes me think that the writer has had a real bad case of ADHD with moments of brilliance and creativity here and there just to ultimately let us down. The biggest mistake about this writer is that she is allowing her female lead character to suffer for too long and just doing to much for the sake of being edgy. After a while, with no end in sight until the end, these numbers will start to drop off and will only pick up again towards the end. I refuse to keep tuning in just to see the same rinse and repeat with Sunny; one of her family members will likely be killed next episode...It is just not fun anymore...It is now buffoonish and cartoonish; not in the cute way. :crazy: :rage:

Is anyone familiar with this writer's previous work and was it just as scattered and buffoonish as this?

This week was to have some redeeming grace, but after viewing this episode and preview for tomorrow, I am beyond over it. I will see you guys during the last  episodes of this show.

Makjang is the term you are looking for.

Addicting but crazy .....

There are certainly repetitive plots but I will continue to watch weekly because I know if I stop now will have a hard time picking it up again.

18 minutes ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

Makjang is the term you are looking for.

Addicting but crazy AF.

There are certainly repetitive plots but I will continue to watch weekly because I know if I stop now will have a hard time picking it up again.

Thank you for the term. I will be using it going forward. I guess for my viewing style, I prefer to watch when the drama is completed when they are this "Makjanging". I only made it through Birth of a Beauty because the leads struggles were well-balanced even though they jumped ship a couple of times. I think that I will just look a live recaps and FF to the previews.

Heck, since the writer has thrown every makjang thing into the plot, s/he should throw this in:  The emperor is not the son of the previous emperor.  Kang had an affair with someone else and  passed off  Hyuk as the emperor's son.  So, Hyuk does not have royal blood.  That's why he's not intellectual. And, insanity runs in his family.:P

However, Yoon is the son of the previous emperor, so he does have royal blood. That's why he's smart. And, no insanity runs in that family. :w00t:

I was joking when l said the murder was going to be like Agatha Christie's "Murder on the Orient Express". :w00t:

@nakatsubebe

Thank you for the recaps   Sadly Sunny’s detective venture is very short lived.  I guess I was overly optimistic. It’s only EP9. It’s way too early to see  Sunny’s successful transformation.   

She has to clear herself and stay in the palace.  Otherwise there is no way she can get revenge and topple the crazy imperial family.  

Btw  there is a curious line in the preview.  Sunny says ‘NWS  It’s NWS.’  Could Sunny try to make NWS  the one who killed GED?  She has a hidden camera so she could force LH to say NWS is the murderer   Just another crazy guessing haha

(Sunny's voice) 'NWS   It's NWS'

Spoiler

6yFVnla.gif

cr to DC

SSR said he’s  going to be discharged from the hospital. :)

:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

DQNswSz.jpg

cr to DC

Hi guys! New to the thread. I'm so addicted to this drama despite that it's a total makjang - But it's so ridiculously AMAZING. I can't get enough of it.

About the OTP romance: we all know Wangsik x Sunny are endgame. They're the OTP, whether the Emperor ends up falling for Sunny is up in the air but WangSun are undeniably OTP. They have beautiful chemistry (CJH & JNR) but their romance has yet to sail. Hardly any moments, I know. To those waiting, I say be patient. I think the end of Episode 9 is a pivotal moment for our OTP. Sunny will know that Woobin/Wangsik isn't bad afterall. Now hopefully, they'll work together and we'll finally see their budding romance. Ironically, the slow burn romance is the most realistic thing about the drama. We still have 15 more episodes! More than enough time to build up their love story. 

Honestly though, there NEEDS to be more Choi Jinhyuk. He barely gets 8-10 mins in an episode. 

1 hour ago, konjo said:

Honestly though, there NEEDS to be more Choi Jinhyuk. He barely gets 8-10 mins in an episode. 

That's how this writer always writes her male leads. They get less than 10 minutes of screentime. Sometimes, it's even 2 minutes in some episodes. :(

1 hour ago, konjo said:

I agree with @sonequeen01. The writer often gives shining moments to villains and she has a LOT of villains in this drama who are also tormenting each other. Hoping we can get more shining moments with our two main leads now that Sunny's world is falling apart..I hope it won't take a lot of episodes to see her get up.

So, I found this on ig. Just for laughs since our drama is becoming too heavy. I couldn't really trust google translate or perhaps any translation generated electronically. But as an american, I'll be happy to take Choi jin hyuk :D

I thought CJH looked a bit strange in some scenes in today’s ep. Some of CJH’s fans mentioned about his swollen face( from his last accident)  in today’s ep.   He had a Japan FM in 12/8 and now I know why he wore sunglasses for the event at the time.  Hope he has recovered by now.   

:smirk::smirk:

mhGojCk.jpg?3

52vCyQ1.jpg?2

cr to DC

8 minutes ago, booha said:

I thought CJH looked a bit strange in some scenes in today’s ep. Some of CJH’s fans mentioned about his swollen face( from his last accident)  in today’s ep.   He had a Japan FM in 12/8 and now I know why he wore sunglasses for the event at the time.  Hope he has recovered by now.  

Yeah, I thought that too... He seems kind of tired or something with his face! And as many chingus here said, he's getting so little screen time in the show!! :tears: Who exactly is the main male lead here..? I am a bit confused! I am still waiting for his & Sunny's love story to begin!! :wub: Sunny needs someone by her side!!!

And I haven't watched yesterday's eps with eng sub yet! Have to watch it quickly! And let's see what we have tonight!

I just finished watching with subs... another action packed episode. Loved it.

Hopefully LH and MYR didn't see WS and Sunny behind the door. But then LH would have known who is the other person who knows about the secret passage.... I wonder why WS's collar was so bloody in the preview?

Okay, so I'm going to guess this: WS took the bug from Sunny, promising to hand it over to Byun, but he has to hand over Sunny to the police, pretending that he caught her? Maybe like so.....??

Who died in the preview? My guess is Asst.Hung.

By now, we still don't know who actually killed GED... We don't know who poisoned the dosirak, which is said the real reason why GED died. She didn't die from the hairpin stab (why I still cannot believe LH actually stabbed his grandmother? That crazy maniac! No, don't even fall in love with Sunny. I forbid that!), she also didn't die from the sleeping pill that MYR put in the tea. And what's the deal with the blanket that was burned? What can that reveal about Dowager's involvement in her death?

We still haven't seen the notes that all the staff wrote for Sunny, especially from that one maid that was present when GED was having the dosirak. Notice the screen lingered purposely on her.

Okay, Yoon needs to connect with Byun and do something already!! At least there is one sane person from the Imperial family.

Can't wait for tonight's episode! I hope I will be free to live stream!

15 minutes ago, booha said:

He looks fine to me....

im quite frustrated with the latest ep.. not enough screen time for cjh..tthere are too much scenes with supportive actors.

i think the whole plots of this drama actually depends on granny's death and not on sunny's personal revenge.. maybe sunny accidentally brings down the whole empire while investigating granny's death.. 

i actually want sunny to seek revenge for what lee hyuk and yura did to her and focus on her character as a scorned woman. instead, this drama has turn into a series of detectives investigating murders..not as much fun as i initially thought..

December 19, 2018

"The Last Empress" Sits Pretty on Ratings Throne

Source: Nate via HanCinema.net

photo1023932.jpg

According to Nielsen Korea nationwide, the SBS drama "The Last Empress" rated 10.0% and 13.3%. This is less than the previous episode, but it didn't stop the drama from coming in first.

Oh Sunny (Jang Nara) was framed for killing the Queen Mother (Park Won-sook) and put in jail, but with the help of Mr. Byun (Kim Myung-soo), she was able to escape. Oh Sunny then snuck into the palace to retrieve the bug she'd planted and almost got caught by Lee Hyeok but Na Wang-sik (Choi Jin-hyuk) helped her get away with it.

MBC "Children of Nobody" rated 3.1% and KBS 2TV "Feel Good To Die" rated 2.2% and 2.8%.

"The Last Empress" Jang Nara Furiously Faces Lee Elijah

Source: Asiae via HanCinema.net

photo1023987.jpg

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "The Last Empress", Min Yoo-ra (Lee Elijah) blocked Oh Sunny (Jang Nara) from seeing Lee Hyeok (Shin Sung-rok).

Min Yoo-ra said, "His Highness doesn't want to see anyone. You may not go in".

Oh Sunny pushed her away and said, "How dare you act like his wife? Before I decide to get rid of him, he's my husband, and you're just his mistress".

Min Yoo-ra smiled and said, "Those words aren't fit for someone who's only the empress on the outside", but Sunny answered, "Doesn't matter because I have powers that can't compare to someone dirty like you. The law says so".

"You didn't even have his child like the nanny did. I guess you didn't know that Ah-ri (Oh Ah-rin) is His Highness's daughter".

Sunny ended by adding, "I thought you two were so close you stuck together day and night, but I guess he's kept his secrets from you. Maybe he doesn't trust you that much".

Well... Just watched eps 17-18 with eng sub!

Lee Yoon seems to be the only humble guy in royal family. He should team up with Sunny! And I think Wang Sik is a;ready on Sunny's side. But he has some circumstances to pretend not to. I hope we'll get more screen time of Choi Jin Hyuk as the story progresses.!!

And who actually killed granny.? Then she must have been dead already when Lee Hyuk stabbed her. I suspect nanny! She's so cunning! Even the prime minister seems to be unaware of her cunning plans.

And WOW Ari! You are a real princess :wub: Glad that she's so strong her own!

And who's gonna be dead in upcoming car crash..?! May be Ms. Hong! And Wang Sik's collar is full of blood! Is he involed in the same crash or just a different one.?!

Now that the plot is exactly on the right track, let's grab more tonight! I hope our chingus do recaps as always!!! :wub:

13 hours ago, Hannahmiriam said:

Hide contents

She found out last week. She is full of ambition, just like her parents. She was happy that she is not the daughter of a "mere" princess, but that of the emperor.

Ohh..I see. I only watched half of last week episodes. Thanks for enlightening :)

93390839.1.jpg

Archived