Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

On 12/17/2018 at 4:35 PM, at2005 said:

My guess:

Dowager ordered the poison. While it hadnt taken an effect, LH had a verbal fight with Granny. And they got into pushing and pulling each other until Yu ra used the hair pin she grabbed from Granny hair earlier to stab Granny. Then both of them cleaned up the mess and staged the murder of Granny while she was asleep.

Honestly I totally think this happened - but who knows right LOL:lol: But I think the grandma almost hitting Yura with the hair pin was a foreshadowing so you might be right but... the writer's mind... after Woo Bin betraying Sunny - anything can happened. 

But I don't know if LH would be quiet if Yura had killed the grandma herself even him there. So maybe he did it himself? But who knows:lol:

Btw has Mr. Jin hyuk been this cute and hot??????

• Like 4

@booha yes you are right! I think your suspicion of Sunny dressing up as a court lady to do detective work is right. It might be an idea of one of her court ladies to get her into the palace. But still, no one can recognize her? I guess that should be forgiven after the Wang shik transformation :lol:

I just saw the news that Shin Sung rok fractured his toe while filming yesterday and will have surgery today. He will apparently return to shoot after his surgery.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I need the writers to have Sunny playing chess now. It's time to be smart, formulate a plan and move methodically and purposefully. She is being over-emotional and stupid right now. 

yeppp i know from the first ep that sunny is not very smart .. it will be very hard to transform her into angry wife to ‘a game of throne’ mastermind.. 

tbh everyone in the drama is not very smart lol.. they think they are but they really arent.. 

chinese dramas do a very good revenge plotting imo. if u guys are interested, go check out 

Spoiler

the story of yanxi palace.. it is one of my fav c drama this year

min yura and omamama have nothing on the main villain in that drama.. luckily the lead actress is so smart..  sunny should learn from her lol.. 

• Like 5

SSR had a toe fracture during the filming. After the surgery he is going to return(20)  Hopefully  he will be okay for the rest of the shooting time. 

SSR’s side "Waiting for a toe fracture surgery ... "TLE" No effect on schedule "(official position)

kSUouBf.jpg

Shin Sung-rok is suffering from a toe fracture during the filming of the drama.
On the morning of the 19th, an official of SSR said, "He had a fracture of toe while shooting SBS 'TLE’ yesterday afternoon (18th) and is waiting for the operation at the moment”
An official said, "He will return to the drama shooting tomorrow (20th) after he finishes the operation today."
"We have to watch the progress but it will not affect on the drama’s schedule," he added.

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181219120053628

1 hour ago, nakatsubebe said:

@booha yes you are right! I think your suspicion of Sunny dressing up as a court lady to do detective work is right. It might be an idea of one of her court ladies to get her into the palace. But still, no one can recognize her? I guess that should be forgiven after the Wang shik transformation :lol:

I just saw the news that Shin Sung rok fractured his toe while filming yesterday and will have surgery today. He will apparently return to shoot after his surgery.

yeah I read he is going to return after the surgery but I doubt he has much choice about it. Hopefully it isn't too serious.  :(

If GED died from eating Sunny’s meal, she might have to look around the kitchen to find some clues.   The palace is big so it’s possible she keeps her head low and she can move around undetected?   We know GED’s death is a trigger point for her to change.  It’s possible WB might learn about what she is doing  and try to help her out. Sunny and WB need something to get closer together.  

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Is this drama cursed or what? First it was the first male lead that got injured now the second male lead and also the issue with the workers. :cold_sweat:  SBS should really take better care of their people....I hope they can finish the drama without any more injuries.

Btw. that disguise is so ridiculous but since this is dramaland I will just pretend like she really turned into someone different :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

Is this drama cursed or what? First it was the first male lead that got injured now the second male lead and also the issue with the workers. :cold_sweat:  SBS should really take better care of their people....I hope they can finish the drama without any more injuries.

Talking about curse...

Actually even before the drama started, there are controversies already and I see comments about the drama not going to be drama-free behind the scenes. First, the PD is controversial because of his previous drama 'Return'. People are suspecting that he has an attitude because of the sudden change in the main lead Go Hyun jung. They are expecting it will go the same for this drama. And now, some netizens are blaming him for the rough hours and suspected verbal abuse on set. In my opinion, SBS is not alone with the rough hours, for sure, other networks are doing the same. Unless it's a pre-prod drama, they can't avoid rushing and shooting for extended time. It is just more difficult with TLE since their scenes are shot mostly outside of Seoul and traveling far is necessary. Second, some people are against Shin Eun kyung because of her controversy with family matters. But she is really a good actress and I'm liking her portrayal of the empress dowager. Third, these injuries, also hoping for no more injuries.

But, any publicity, be it negative or positive is still publicity. And I guess amongst all the dramas airing right now, TLE might be the only one with juicy headlines. Let's see how these negative things affect the drama's ratings because with Return's case, it really did not affect the ratings and it maintained its high vieweship ratings.

• Like 6

December 19, 2018

Jang Nara And Lee Elijah Engage In Intense Face-Off In “The Last Empress”

Source: Soompi by D. S.kim

Jang Nara And Lee Elijah Engage In Intense Face-Off In âThe Last Empressâ

SBS’s “The Last Empress” released new stills that show Jang Nara and Lee Elijah  in an intense face-to-face confrontation!

The drama is set in an alternate reality where Korea is ruled under a constitutional monarchy. Jang Nara plays in the role of Oh Sunny, a young unpopular musical actress who marries into the royal family. Lee Elijah plays the role of Min Yu Ra who stands closely to the emperor in hopes of gaining more power by replacing Oh Sunny.

Jang-Nara1-1.jpg

The last episode increased the intensity of the drama as Oh Sunny finally figured out the secret affair between Min Yu Ra and Emperor Lee Hyuk (Shin Sung Rok).

The new stills feature Oh Sunny as she confronts Min Yu Ra who is trying to get into the emperor’s room. Despite Oh Sunny’s loud scolding, Min Yu Ra doesn’t back down and even ignores her.

Lee-Elijah-1.jpg

However, the next photos show Oh Sunny saying something to Min Yu Ra that finally breaks her silence.

Spoiler

Jang-Nara-11.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Elijah-2.jpg

According to the production team, while the two are enemies in the drama, they are closer to each other than they are to anyone else on set. When the cameras aren’t rolling, they reportedly laugh and enjoy exchanging conversation with each other. However, as soon as they start filming, they immediately get into their characters and fight like there is no tomorrow.

The production team commented, “It will be a scene with much intensity as Min Yu Ra continues to flaunt her power with the emperor by her side and Oh Sunny shows she’s not afraid. Furthermore, the upcoming episode will have a surprise twist as they continue to search for the murderer of the Grand Empress Dowager (Park Won Sook). Please look forward as the episode will show a series of unexpected situations that you won’t even have time to take a breath.”

Oh Sunny and Min Yu Ra’s fierce showdown will be included in the upcoming episode of “The Last Empress,” which will air at 10 p.m. KST on December 19.

Source (1)

• Like 8

^

expected situations is not expected in this drama 

should prepare myself for another roller coaster ride

will there be live updates?

hopefully the answer of who kills the granny will be answered

though for sure sunny is just getting deeper into the whole mess 

-_-

i wonder if this drama will end the monarchy befitting the title the last empress 

or will helro become the new empress after she marries the younger prince and he ascended the crown while lee hyuk is deep under the sea somewhere in the pacific preferably

:tounge_xd:

as for the whole mess bts, hopefully all can be resolved peacefully soon

and no more injuries

and also no changing leads in the middle of the drama hahaha

• Like 5

Waiting for my flight. But have to drop a line here to laugh off Sunny's disguise :lol:

Seriously... I guess eyeglasses hairdo and clothes are better than a mole. If it is a thick frame eyeglasses still make sense (seen it in a taiwanese drama, and different hairdo) but a thin frame? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

@ktcjdrama Have a safe flight. You provide the best recaps in this forum :)

Ok..ready for another rollercoaster ride?! Will try to give some recaps. Pardon me, it ain't good. :sweat_smile:

Starts with the last scene where grandma was found dead by Sunny then Lee hyuk came in...

Spoiler

The hooded guy is Lee yoon (yay! I guess it right :lol:) He introduced himself to Woobin as Lee yoon.

everyone went to GED's chamber. The doc is checking her. empress dowager, soo jin, ari are crying. doc said she is dead. lee hyuk stared at sunny. It is on the news that GED is dead and lee yoon also saw it on TV. He is upset. He is asking who is responsible for her death.

empress dowager with sunny, lee hyuk, and soojin discussing what happened. sunny is explaining herself. 

All the court maids are summoned to get their testimonies. One court maid said that the empress dowager went to GED's chamber and she is scrambling getting out. Detective is getting empress dowager's story. Detective also asked lee hyuk, Sunny and yura for their testimonies. Lee hyuk discovered something is missing in his box - looks like a poison. He is suspecting yura killd GED and pushed her in the wall. She said she went to GED's chamber to give her tea but found the emperor's button, she said could it be he was the one who killed GED? Geez! they're suspecting each other now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

empress dowager burned a blanket in a furnace secretly. She was seen by woobin from afar.

Detective came in and yura was arrested because of the evidence about the tea she gave. yura argues she did not do it. (I miss something here, it would be good to know with subs)

Empress dowager dressed in mourning clothes but she is laughing.

The things GED owns are at the table. (It is cute that sunny signed GED's hanbok but it is with Nara's real sig without her own name :D)

Woobin met with teacher byun.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

hong grabbed sunny to the side with GED's document which she is supposed to bring to the meeting. GED handed it to Hong for safe keeping. 

Sunny's family came. His father is crying too.

Funeral for GED is ongoing. Lee Yoon came in and grabbed the cup from Lee hyuk. He is angry and asked who killed grandma. They argue. hyuk punched yoon. yoon left and was met by byun outside of the palace.

the chief of imperial guard saw them and recognized byun. He followed byun.

Lee hyuk is throwing things at his room.

sunny wants to go inside lee hyuk's room but min yura is at the door. She shoved her. She told her about Ari's identity. 

Spoiler

yura was angry about discovering Ari's identity and stormed in lee hyuk's room. They argue and lee hyuk pointed his gun at yura then shoot the mirror with his reflection after yura left. End of part 1.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

Part 2, soo jin tried to slap ari then she fought back saying she is a princess. these two are fighting like kids (well ari is still a kid anyway).

Hong is with the documents from GED waiting in room.

Prime minister in the palace to pay respects to GED. He spoke to empress dowager and made her upset.

police are in and they got Hong. Sunny's father and oh hello tried to stop them but they got away with Hong and the documents. OMG...the nanny took the documents, she was the mastermind of kidnapping hong.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

the nanny met with the prime minister at the hotel.

The chief guard went to byun's house and got dong shik. Byun came on time and knocked him out. They ran out and byun called wang shik that they are fleeing.

OMG again! lee hyuk stabbed GED with the hairpin. empress dowager burned the blanket of GED, yura put the poison. These 3 should rot in hell :naughty:

Sunny had confrontation with the empress dowager. woah! this is good (great acting from Nara and shin eun kyung- I have to wait for subs). They were seen by yura and she also torments empress dowager.

Chief guard took a pic of byun and dong shik and showed it to the emperor. Yura saw it and was so surprised to see dong shik's picture. While woobin/wang shik is listening on the side.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

Looks like the detective is blaming sunny. She said no. Sunny is arrested. The 3 devils feel good that they are free.

Sunny is in the interrogation room with the detective . She is confronted by the detective about her pictures with woobin. 

Looks like the 3 devils gave testimonies to pin down sunny.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, nakatsubebe said:
  Hide contents

OMG again! lee hyuk stabbed GED with the hairpin. empress dowager burned the blanket of GED, yura put the poison. These 3 should rot in hell :naughty:

Woah!! Partners in crime!! Are those three working together or individually..??!! :open_mouth: Keep updating, friend! And how come Sunny is suffering alone & evils are all free! :cry:

This is so unfair! It's my first time I am seeing a lead character is so alone her own!!

• Like 10

Just now, gm4queen said:

Woah!! Partners in crime!! Are those three working together or individually..??!! :open_mouth: Keep updating, friend!

individually

Spoiler

Poor sunny. She is sobbing heavily, telling the detective that she really did not do it. She remembered that she tapped lee hyuk's table. Hong came in the interrogation room and started to grab sunny. It is just her front to relay a message to Sunny. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1