[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

1 hour ago, nakatsubebe said:

Park Kyung Lim who is best friends with both Jang Nara and Choi Jin hyuk sent a coffee truck to cheer them up. But can someone enlighten me with this one...her costume looks like not of an empress..does this mean, she's demoted from an empress to being a servant?

OMO!! More & more disappointments.. It's Sunny's own mistake! And why does Jang Na Ra wearing glasses there..??! She looks like an old ajumma with her glasses on now!! (But she was so pretty with glasses in Fated To Love You)

18 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

would agree with chingus here who felt like she was losing her temper to her disadvantage. every time, she opened her mouth and said "grandmother", was shaking my head. "girl don't leave your cards on the table for everyone to see!".. but would also agree with chingus that her character is naive -- even her sister hel ro would not have fallen for the emperor's tricks so quickly. she also is a musical actress which means that she is more prone to being over dramatic and name dropping as a way to get ahead. it is different to corporate kind of politics where you have to watch who to interact with and hold cards a bit tighter. sunny has never had that kind of experience where she has to watch what she said and her fall from a cliff just pushed her a little over the edge. ^_^

So true... When you have a unique power, you must keep it a secret! But Sunny just splitted the beans all over the place & gave enough reasons for others to eliminate her only partner, Granny!! I don't know where the story is heading to... But the writer should make Sunny's character a strong one, rather than creating her as a most helpless person among evil!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What are you chingus thinking..??!! What will happen to Sunny next week..??!!

Looks like she's gonna end up being a servant for Lee Hyuk & Min Yu Ra!! :cold_sweat: If so, Lee Hyuk & Min Yu Ra will have the biggest victory in Korean history, won't they..??! :bawling:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a sudden question that popped to my mind.... What is WS waiting for actually? He could have killed the Emperor and/or YR very easily being always close to them... esp.if it is sort if a suicide mission. He was so ready to shoot him in the head before YR suddenly appeared from under the blanket. He doesn't need any evidence or prove since he isn't going to go the legal way. Unless he has other mission in mind, that is to totally topple the Imperial family... well, another obvious reason is duh, this is a drama! Of course we need the prolonged agony, prolonged process for simple stuff, haha...

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

Just a sudden question that popped to my mind.... What is WS waiting for actually? He could have killed the Emperor and/or YR very easily being always close to them... esp.if it is sort if a suicide mission. He was so ready to shoot him in the head before YR suddenly appeared from under the blanket. He doesn't need any evidence or prove since he isn't going to go the legal way. Unless he has other mission in mind, that is to totally topple the Imperial family... well, another obvious reason is duh, this is a drama! Of course we need the prolonged agony, prolonged process for simple stuff, haha...

the jedi master's magic seems to have rubbed off on him where he is playing the long game. wang shik has realized that killing off the emperor is not true justice as people will not know his true face and see his death as kind of sad as the emperor cannot be wrong. so he wants to pull off that mask and also break down yura...

On 12/15/2018 at 3:36 AM, booha said:

I read before CJH started a serious diet and exercise regimen. Well now here is the result of his hard work out.   He had  knee pads on him for his injured knee?  Wow he is truly a big man. :P

kekeke... appreciate the fan service..  :D

48 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

He said he wants to kill yura Slowly..remember that episode when he grabbed that sharp object but stopped himself from stabbing yura and the emperor. True, he does have a lot of opportunities to do get his revenge. I think the longer he prolongs it, the more oh sunny suffers.

49 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

OMO!! More & more disappointments.. It's Sunny's own mistake! And why does Jang Na Ra wearing glasses there..??! She looks like an old ajumma with her glasses on now!! (But she was so pretty with glasses in Fated To Love You)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What are you chingus thinking..??!! What will happen to Sunny next week..??!!

Looks like she's gonna end up being a servant for Lee Hyuk & Min Yu Ra!! :cold_sweat:If so, Lee Hyuk & Min Yu Ra win the cards, don't they..??! :bawling:

Jang Nara normally wears eyeglasses. She might be on a break or resting from shooting which is why she is wearing her eyeglasses. She doesn't wear them when she has to appear for shoots or shows (only when she has to play Kim Mi young)

I won't be surprised if the bad guys will have the stage for the next few episodes. We are still on episode 8 out of 24. If they win, and sunny/woobin already got their revenge then there is no more story to tell :lol: Sunny has to suffer more because being pushed off the cliff is not enough. Question is..I wonder how many times will they attempt to kill Sunny or even Woobin. This is gonna be a rollercoaster ride but faster...when we think she's already at the top, she would suddenly fall rock bottom then perhaps go back up again then somebody would try to kill her again.

59 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

would agree with chingus here who felt like she was losing her temper to her disadvantage. every time, she opened her mouth and said "grandmother", was shaking my head. "girl don't leave your cards on the table for everyone to see!".. but would also agree with chingus that her character is naive -- even her sister hel ro would not have fallen for the emperor's tricks so quickly. she also is a musical actress which means that she is more prone to being over dramatic and name dropping as a way to get ahead. it is different to corporate kind of politics where you have to watch who to interact with and hold cards a bit tighter. sunny has never had that kind of experience where she has to watch what she said and her fall from a cliff just pushed her a little over the edge. ^_^

... that said, the person who scares me most is 7 year old ari. omo, what child says with glee "I am not the princess's daughter but am a princess!" and played the grandmother with fake tears. sociopath in the making! :wacko:

I don't fault Sunny for losing her temper. Oh Hello has an exposure to the imperial family through working at the Imperial shopping mall. She knows them better than Sunny before she came to the family. Which I think is why she had that attitude towards them and we think she will not fall into their trick. 

Sunny married to a family who she first thought was all normal. She believes her only weapon is grandma since she is the only one by her side so every time she is threatened by lee hyuk or the empress dowager, she belts out grandma. And I don't think, Sunny would suspect someone will kill grandma in her own family. And I don't think grandma also knows that someone in her family will kill her too because of what she did. Remember when grandma became so angry that he told Lee hyuk, "how did you become a monster?" because before secrets came out, she also thought her family is normal and good. Grandma getting killed will open Sunny's eyes more and perhaps will get her smarter (but I don't think she is dumb either). 

On 12/14/2018 at 8:20 AM, violette00 said:

n my opinion, she actually was able to control her temper. Looking back on the episode where she first discovered the affair, she is calm, yet we can still see her bravery when she invited yura to have breakfast with her and lee hyuk. Even if in reality she wants to pull Yura's hair out and make it a wig, and also skin her alive, she controlled her emotions well in front of them.

But after she was nearly killed by her own husband (twice!), framed to be an adulterous woman, told to her face that she was just toyed by everyone except grandma, I would expect her not to remain calm and collected. Any person would burst and would want to "get back". She just lost her credibility in the whole of Korea just because her husband and his mistress just want to continue their shenanigans. Credibility and dignity are two of the most important virtues in East Asian countries. People die and even commit suicide when they lost it. 

I agree with you regarding her temper. As a matter of fact, most royals have tempers, but put on an act of calm before the cameras. Even grandmother had to take off eo'yeo meori wig/weave...I just died.  It reminded me of women taking off their ear rings or shoes in preparation for a fight. However, what I don't like is Sunny's inability to know when to play her cards and show her temper. I love that she's a fighter, because no doubt she is, but she's like a fool who rushes in with little planning or thought to her situation.  

kekeke... was anyone else confused by how grandmother all of a sudden had braids? she always had short hair cut when she went out of the palace and so thought that was her natural hair. did she sleep with her braids and wig even when sleeping? :sweatingbullets:

5 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Agree with you 100%! This is not a logical/theoretical drama for sure! I just hoped for some at the beginning of the series! But there was nothing so, I got bored with the plot! Even the part of introducing Choi Jin Hyuk was just a scene with no theory/logic!!! :tears:

oh you misunderstood me hahaha

when i say i didnt dare to make prediction anymore is because i'm in awe with how amazing the way the writer thinks and orchestrate her drama and ashamed how limited my imagination is

my prediction seems like a child's play compared to what she is creating and writing

most of the time i was like, ah it also could happen that way, 

and this drama is keeping me on my toes anticipating and wanting to know what happens next

for now everything seems logical to me

it is more than a lil exaggerated but i am happy with this drama and enjoying each ep it brings

in fact i am seriously looking forward for next week ep already

:blush:

5 hours ago, nakatsubebe said:

I know. I don't wanna assume or even predict things anymore.

It's also fun to see how there are more viewers now than when it was still starting. I've seen a lot of curse words in different languages in Twitter now :lol: 

so true

i was like, better leave the story telling to the writer at this point

let just sit back and enjoy the drama and whatever it brings

lor now i am curious

i dont have twitter so i dunno much about what's going on in twitter verse

lor

5 hours ago, nakatsubebe said:

Park Kyung Lim who is best friends with both Jang Nara and Choi Jin hyuk sent a coffee truck to cheer them up. But can someone enlighten me with this one...her costume looks like not of an empress..does this mean, she's demoted from an empress to being a servant?

she seriously looks adorable in glasses

and it does seems like a servant uniform isnt it

hmm... 

or maybe she is in disguise trying to get information from the servants, or trying to sneak in somewhere...

so anyway since sunny is now being accused of murder at least in ep 9 i think

i wonder what kind of misfortune wold befallen on her next?

i seriously cant think of anything that can top being a murder aside from trying to kill the emperor

hmm...

16 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... was anyone else confused by how grandmother all of a sudden had braids? she always had short hair cut when she went out of the palace and so thought that was her natural hair. did she sleep with her braids and wig even when sleeping? :sweatingbullets:

Same goes for the Empress Dowager... I love her modern hair actually...

16 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

so anyway since sunny is now being accused of murder at least in ep 9 i think

i wonder what kind of misfortune wold befallen on her next?

i seriously cant think of anything that can top being a murder aside from trying to kill the emperor

hmm...

Like you said, we can no longer predict what might happen to her... but seeing that she gets to wear the mourning costume, at least we can assume that she isn't being forcefully dragged into the dungeon because of the accusation by LH. There must not be enough evidence or someone testified for her. LH could have insisted that she is the murderer and ordered her to be arrested.

Ooo... I can't wait for Wednesday, but I'll be on the plane so can't check the thread either... can probably only get updates on the new episode on Thursday morning... :bawling:

He he he... Never mind @chubby^green^ dear!! By the way, are we watching the same movie here..??!! :D Seriously, to be honest, I was so disappointed at the beginning b'cause of some extra stuff rather than focusing on the main story!! But now it's getting more & more interesting, yet still, Sunny is a bit disappointment!! But I hope granny's absence will give her back her senses!!! And like you said, this is a bit heavy for light minds! But still, it's entertaining!! :wub:

And Sunny will have so many ups & downs in upcoming eps!!! YEAH, 8 down!! 16 to go!! Fighting Sunny!! :wub: And I am looking forward to the sweet/bittersweet love of Sunny & Wang Sik!! :wub:

And I am so curious to know what happened to Lee Hyuk's first wife!! Either she was a bad women (according to nanny) or she should be a threat to the Royal family that she got killed!!

And dear @ktcjdrama - have a safe journey!! :wub: You just did a great job with live recapping! I hope other chingus will do the live recapping thing next week for all of us!!

Just popped by to say that I tried for a long time not to watch this drama (heard it was makjang, you see).

I failed. Miserably. :D

This drama does not have one dull moment! I love it!  :D:D:D 

PS. Jang Na-ra is especially great when she gets angry and mean! I was so surprised. :o I hope she picks a villainous role next time she chooses a drama. I wanna see her grab someone by their hair again. :D 

13 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

for now he doesn't see sunny as his ally

more like a nuisance a hindrance

if she stays in the palace, he has to care for her even protected her

and he has no time for that especially he is still on a suicide mission

he only has a full on rampage mode on the royal family

and also i think that if she is not part of the royal family anymore then he doesn't have to take her out

He doesn't see anyone in the palace as his ally because the palace just has too many duplicity that he would be risking his life to every show his cards. But...I do not believe that he sees Sunny as a nuisance. He pities Sunny because she was in the same shoe that he was in (being betrayed by the person that he/she trusted and to have to face the harsh reality of it)...and if he had find her as a nuisance, he wouldn't have secretly give her the medicine. He cares for her because she is the most innocent of them all (being used and thrown into the situation she was in), and he naturally protects her and risks the emperor's suspicion by "failing to kill Oh Sunny when he pushed her off the top of the waterfall." If he was as cold-blooded as the emperor, he wouldn't have an issue with sacrificing her. 

But...it doesn't prevent him from using her, since Oh Sunny doesn't have any relationship to him. He used her to gain the emperor's trust and to bring discord in the royal family. Just like how he might use the princess. Yep...it is not nice, but it goes to show how much a person is willing to fall to get his/her revenge. 

Not regarding the post above, but I like how Oh Sunny loses her temper. For all the time that she was in the palace, they have been calling her vulgar and improper. Sunny losing her temper proves that they are right, but it is kind of ironic. She has the most proper moral among all of them (equal to grandma), and yet the emperor, dowager, and Yura, who criticize Sunny's behavior, have the most vulgar and improper moral. In the surface, the emperor, dowager, and Yura look glamours, elegant, and moral upright, but their cores are rotten. And it's interesting to see them losing their anger in front of Sunny while demanding that she remains poised. So it's interesting to see the hypocrisy in their words and their pretentious attitude and actions juxtaposed to Oh Sunny's righteousness.

Also...I don't think grandma's death is fully Sunny's fault. When grandma made decision to request for an official investigation, I believe that sealed her death. Not only did she announced her attention out loud to the Emperor (who I don't believe killed her) and Yura (she has the potential to kill the grandma), she also drafted a letter, which could be read by the murderer if the murderer saw that letter when he/she visited grandma. Sunny could scream out loud, numerous times that she got grandma's backing, but if grandma doesn't take any actions, then Sunny's claim would just be empty threats. So in a way, Sunny is partially responsible for grandma's death because Sunny brought the issue to grandma's attention (grandma would ask for official investigation even without Sunny's interference if grandma suspected something...it seems like grandma is the kind that won't stand for injustice). 

21 hours ago, nakatsubebe said:

Yeah in the preview (in the beginning; 002)  those low ranking girls are wearing the same clothes as Sunny’s.  I also noticed Sunny doesn’t have braided hair.  We suspected that GED died both from the poison  and hair pin. The meal was from Sunny so she might try to find something about it??   She also wears  eyeglasses in IG.  Sunny could be one of the girls in the preview.  Maybe she is trying  detective work??

EP9 preview

Park Kyung Lim sent coffee and snack trucks for JNR and CJH.

(KOCOWA TV) 

Lee Elijah "If her husband cheated on her, isn't the wife to blame as well?" [The Last Empress Ep13]

Spoiler

u1Vpc83.gif

cr to DC

He didnt used Sunny at all since if he did not do  the job someone else would have done the job and killed her after.He just happens to kill 2 birds with one stone.He could get her to safety and gain his trust.

But that didnt go as plan since  she came back and he got caught in her  room.

poor grandma! i felt sad when she was killed, although i hope sunni gets redeemed when they find the letter of investigation provided the killer did not get rid of it yet!

i hope the crown prince tries to intervene or something, sunni needs a strong ally in that horrendous place! although i do think woo bin is still trying his best to help her without getting detected.

** I think the article is saying the killer is going to be revealed, with showing 3 pictures of LH, ED and MYR.:o

A real culprit who killed Park Won-sook(GED), is revealed in this week’s broadcast

TKY5Ydg.jpg

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181217084549390

Special appearance by Cho Dong Hyuk who will play a detective to investigate GED’s murder.  

pNbq0vE.jpg?1

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181217105602226

** Group8 sent the cheering (nighttime support) food truck to PDnim and TLE team  to congratulate for the rise of the last week’s ratings. 

2 hours ago, booha said:

** I think the article is saying the killer is going to be revealed, with showing 3 pictures of LH, ED and MYR.:o

A real culprit who killed Park Won-sook(GED), is revealed in this week’s broadcast

WOW!! What a great news..! Finally, justice among evilness! Who killed her, actually.??!! Those are exactly my guesses! Lee Hyuk or Yu Ra or Empress dowager... Or the three of them!!!

• I am putting aside Lee Hyuk b'cause he is the grandson of the deceased person! But it could be him. Lineage doesn't count in revenge!
  • My first suspect is Yu Ra. Granny knew about her illegitimate affair with Lee Hyuk & slapped her several times.
  • My second suspect is Empress dowager since granny was about to reveal Lee Hyuk's mischieves to the public!!

Archived