[Drama 2018] The Beauty Inside Drama Remake, 뷰티 인사이드

marykarmelina

1 hour ago, farishta said:

@kdrmalover4444 this entire comment is absolute perfection!! you've gotten to the point entirely: that we should see it from both their sides, because both, in their own way, are right to be feeling the way they are. you wrote it so summarily and so well, thank you for writing everything that needed to be said very thoroughly (if i could give your comments more likes i would!! haha) <3 <3 <3

This give me some kind of deja vu, hahaha.. thank you cute1-onion-head-emoticon.gif 

About whether Dojae's and Segye's condition being cure or not, I'm fine either way I just want a very happy ending for them together. But I've been thinking, since this drama is basically live-shooting now that they near the end, there's big possibility that the drama always reflect on the comment they got. Actually I've been seeing many top comments that wants Segi couple to have a happy ending, wishing that Dojae's and Segye's condition to be cure. So I think if they really go that road then it may be partly the feedback from what knets wants. It's the perk of non pre-produced drama, that they actually can give what their viewers wants the most. I mean, it's so suddenly happen that there's a way to cure Dojae, after 14 episode, after it's being mentioned a few times how it can't be cure and dojae have to accept it. Ah well it's kinda smooth tho because 5% probability for succeed with death as the worst possible outcome is justify how they said there's no cure. it's the same as wishing for miracle. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@kdrmalover4444 déjà vu was the intent, haha <3 and yes, as long as there is a happy ending, i'll be alright. if they change everything and give it a tragic ending, i'm going to be upset . . . because those were not my expectations going in. as for the issue of whether or not SG+DJ get cured, i feel sort of ambivalent. as @shjfan23 stated before in regards to DJ+SG remaining as they are—i feel like that is good too, and still 'true' to the message of the drama. somehow, i feel if they did miraculously get cured, it would feel slightly . . . well, not empty, but too 'sugary' of an ending. i like my endings to be bittersweet (with more sweetness) and full of possibility. but you're right! thanks to the live-shooting, the ending will be influenced. i just hope the writer stays true to her vision while also keeping the viewers happy. can that be possible? 

21 minutes ago, farishta said:

.................... i just hope the writer stays true to her vision while also keeping the viewers happy. can that be possible? 

actually I'm sure viewers will be happy either way even if both of them remain the same as long as it's a happy ending. Beside, no matter what road the writer takes I'm sure there's always pros and cons, not everyone wants the same thing. I hope the writer stays true to her vision too despite her effort to satisfying the viewers.

Though I must say, even if one or both of them really being cure in the end then it's okay too (for me),  the message have been engrave thorough the series that they actually falling in love with each other even before all that, dojae already showing his part of how he will still love her no matter what state she is in and Segye actually fall for him because he is the only one who will call her "Segye" in every state she is (beside her 2 bestfriend). But yeah, a happy ending not necessarily mean they have to be cure. As long as  they are being happily together, I'm sure that's what all of us want to see.

I've always despised noble idiocy in dramas, so now I'm going to go against the majority and say that I really hate Segye for doing what she did. Sure, her transformation is considerably a bigger burden than Dojae's face blindness especially because you know the only option is to run away when your symptoms starts messing up with your activity, while face blindness is less of a hassle since you could just have someone to tell you who's who instead of running away. But still, for her to give up everything -- the only person who recognizes and loves her no matter what -- just to overcome her guilt, it's just so foolish and selfish. Where will you go then? What will you do now? I'm sorry, but I'm not feeling sympathetic at all.

2 episodes left. I hope the writer has a happy reunion (and maybe a marriage) written somewhere in the final script. I'm fine with time lapse as long as they remain lovers and stay beside each other at the end of the drama. The 'sickness' can stay too, it doesn't matter as long as both of them stick together like they have been doing in the past episodes and besides, their sickness is actually the fate which brought them together and made them fell in love with each other. People will think their conditions are sad, but ain't that what romance is? When you face everything together, your troubles and your obstacles, in spite of people who don't have faith in you. The important thing is to be together.

All those romantic and heartfelt moments will be for nothing if they end the main lead's relationship in a such a bad way. Even the second leads won't be able to make up for that. Hwaiting writer-nim, please give us a grand ending :wub:

- M -

On a lighter note, so happy that TBI got it’s highest rating yet! 5.3 for ep14!yay!!!! We now surpassed the 5 rating mark! Still positive we can get much higher for the next 2 episodes!

My mind is buggling with all the inputs I’m reading! All of your comments are making sense. I sympathized SG, but when I read another comment I suddenly questioned her. I’m not sure if I can go on with my work today! Lol:lol::lol::lol:

Ah! I've not watched ep 13 & 14 subbed yet but I'm willing to bet my money on happy ending. I'm not gonna worry too much about it.

The only thing I'm not sure if any or both will be healed completely and if the writer go down that path, it'll be miracle healing.

I don't want to watch the sub for episode 14 now. It was a torture when I watched it raw I don't want to go through that torture again before next episode 

On another note, there are 2 trending article on top 10 news which many people read now about Beauty Inside, the first one talking about Lee Minki amazing performance play dojae's emotional explosion after Segye left and The other one, about Segye whose love dojae so much but choose to leave him. 

The making is good, but not good enough to contain my sorrow  :bawling:

I need more happy pills

51 minutes ago, kdrmalover4444 said:

The making is good, but not good enough to contain my sorrow  :bawling:

I need more happy pills

Hope this can be some happy pills to lessen your sorrow

Really need BTS of this scene :rolleyes:

LMK crying scene is painfully beautiful, it's better than his crying scene in BTLIOF I think 

1 hour ago, kdrmalover4444 said:

On another note, there are 2 trending article on top 10 news which many people read now about Beauty Inside, the first one talking about Lee Minki amazing performance play dojae's emotional explosion after Segye left and The other one, about Segye whose love dojae so much but choose to leave him. 

The rawness of the sound made it more sorrowful. They did not add any BGM during those scenes which you will only here their cry.:tears:

5 hours ago, velvetine said:

I've always despised noble idiocy in dramas, so now I'm going to go against the majority and say that I really hate Segye for doing what she did. Sure, her transformation is considerably a bigger burden than Dojae's face blindness especially because you know the only option is to run away when your symptoms starts messing up with your activity, while face blindness is less of a hassle since you could just have someone to tell you who's who instead of running away. But still, for her to give up everything -- the only person who recognizes and loves her no matter what -- just to overcome her guilt, it's just so foolish and selfish. Where will you go then? What will you do now? I'm sorry, but I'm not feeling sympathetic at all.

2 episodes left. I hope the writer has a happy reunion (and maybe a marriage) written somewhere in the final script. I'm fine with time lapse as long as they remain lovers and stay beside each other at the end of the drama. The 'sickness' can stay too, it doesn't matter as long as both of them stick together like they have been doing in the past episodes and besides, their sickness is actually the fate which brought them together and made them fell in love with each other. People will think their conditions are sad, but ain't that what romance is? When you face everything together, your troubles and your obstacles, in spite of people who don't have faith in you. The important thing is to be together.

All those romantic and heartfelt moments will be for nothing if they end the main lead's relationship in a such a bad way. Even the second leads won't be able to make up for that. Hwaiting writer-nim, please give us a grand ending :wub:

- M -

Yeah also let’s put this in perspective. They are in a relationship and what if he saved her life from dating and got this disease. Honestly it would matter if it happened in past or present, he saved her life and that was the consequence (propaganasia). Also if she does feel guilty, wouldn’t she stay by his side and let him decide whether he wants her to be by him indebted or break up instead of her?

@nisfii thank you :kiss_wink: he posted it right after the ending, might be to comfort the viewers after painful episode. 

Yes, I think when I watched Dojae's cry was far more painful and it did hit me so hard then when I watch Sehee's cry. 

They omit different feelings, Sehee's cry was due to his regret to let his love left him and he miss her, Dojae's cry was far more painful and helpless since his love leave him with no choice despite him holding on to her and now she left but he can't even picture her on his mind even if he miss her so much. It was good to saw Sehee break his stoic persona, but it is so painful to see dojae break down in tears hopelessly. 

@shjfan23 exactly. It was so quiet, only the sound of cry, it's even more painful because it's so raw. 

Just watched the subbed version and now I'm a crying mess that my mother got worried for a sec until she saw me watching a drama lol

I guess it's really a good thing to watch the raw version first since you'll focus on their actions and emotion, have some general idea what is happening then form some judgement. The only thing left in watching the subbed version is understanding. Although heartbreaking, episode 14 is well written and I still believe that they really needed this separation as a breather especially HSG. The only thing left now is to anticipate how they'll overcome their personal problems on their own, realize how big is their love for each other, then give us one helluva reunion. Let's hang in there until next Monday! Hwaiting!

edit: Idk but for some reason I think both LMK and SHJ were extra handsome and beautiful in ep 14 which is weird lmao anyway kudos to both of them for their acting prowess :wub: Them building up SDJs sorrow to that painful breakdown in the end is a great way for LMK to finally show his emotional acting to match SHJs.

I find it amazing that the top comment from yesterday night rending article is differ from today trending article. Last night, everyone was so baffled about Segye left Dojae, enrage and mad at Segye's selfishness. But today trending article is quite different because the top comment start to admit how they understand why Segye left despite the action is still consider selfish. 

12 minutes ago, kdrmalover4444 said:

I find it amazing that the top comment from yesterday night rending article is differ from today trending article. Last night, everyone was so baffled about Segye left Dojae, enrage and mad at Segye's selfishness. But today trending article is quite different because the top comment start to admit how they understand why Segye left despite the action is still consider selfish. 

I guess emotions were still too high yesterday lol it's amazing how your perspective can change after having some time to think things through. I'm sure it will be the same for our leads :wub:

I have only seen IG posts about episode 13 and so I can only comment on what I saw and read here. Why is it that the pain was still as hard when we know this was coming? :cold_sweat:

I feel for DJ and SG but yes, I felt that after everything they've both gone through, it's DJ that I sympathized more :( He already said that he would have saved anyone on that day and he does not want to lose SG but he did. After overcoming his condition and finding love, I felt his breakdown. DJ  was saying in his mind, 'don't walk away, I'm falling down."  And he did :bawling:

SG just needs time to overcome the guilt and suffering that she knows DJ and his Mom suffered because of the accident. Time heals all wounds but I hope one day she will realize that DJ is her life.

I don't want DJ to go through with that operation. I like this century couple as they are.

Ok, I will watch later and cry a lot!!!

Please, please, let us have a happy ending!!! 

I understand Segye point of view but my heart break a million pieces for Dojae, it's like there's no right answer for all of this, it's such a cruel fate. 

I can understand people who resent her choice, and I can understand people who has sympathy for her too

I'm thinking, if she stayed despite all of her guilty feeling, can she really handle it to see Dojae continue struggle because of his condition fully knowing that it's something that happens as the consequence of saving her? Can she continue living her life? with the kind of personality like her who can't stand people being in pitiful situation, on top of knowing it was something happens as exchange of saving her own life. She is broken. She might kill herself out of guilt. But on the other hand she should have take responsibility and live with Dojae forever, she should never leave Dojae, but what if she herself can't live with being herself anymore? 

For Dojae, Would it be better to have Segye beside him dying with guilty feeling day by day? Or would it be better to let her go to at least knowing she live (barely)? I think there is no right answer either. He loves her, he wants her, he never despise or blame her for anything, but will it be okay for him to see Segye dying inside? But he still can't continue his life without her, she made him feel normal, she made his life happy, she's the only one different in his constant world where everything he looks is the same. If she left him, how will he survive? 

Why is this supposedly Romcom have this kind of situation in the first place, I should have more careful fully knowing that Im Meari writer-nim is one of assistant writer in Goblin, I should have known better to be careful with all the fluff and romance knowing from the start that their initial meeting is cruel fate. I feel like a fool, but I still love Beauty inside the way it is just like Goblin.  help-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

11 minutes ago, kdrmalover4444 said:

Why is this supposedly Romcom have this kind of situation in the first place, I should have more careful fully knowing that Im Meari writer-nim is one of assistant writer in Goblin, I should have known better to be careful with all the fluff and romance knowing from the start that their initial meeting is cruel fate. I feel like a fool, but I still love Beauty inside the way it is just like Goblin. 

I know right?! I know we will have these scenarios even if it's a RomCom. But not to this extent. Lol!!!

Or maybe we're just too attached with the story and the characters? Nevertheless, I still love how the writer handle all the situations. Everything fall into its proper places, except for the fate of our couples. Hopefully they will release the preview on friday, not on saturday!LOL!!!

Archived