Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018] The Beauty Inside Drama Remake, 뷰티 인사이드

Sigh I guess we really needed the sub before judging the episode but one thing is for sure...they better dump a truckload of candies at us next week until we get diabetes after this episode

giphy.gif

• LOL 4

10 minutes ago, shjfan23 said:

Me too. Will it be like years after? Or DJ will not stop looking for her after that breakdown?? I hope SG do something this time. Let her think first and realize that leaving DJ is not the right thing to do.. But, one week is very long! They better give us good bts videos! Lol

I hope she makes an extra effort to make it up to DJ lol like that lit pathway with placards apology to WM that she did but better :lol:

It's sad watching DJ chase after her but that breakdown scene of DJ was extra heartbreaking knowing he's been holding it in for so long :bawling:

Edit: Also JTBC better make it up to us by giving the BTS of the sofa kiss!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 2

Do jae sii :tears:

This IG already upload some clips from today's ep

Jtbc also already upload some clips in youtube

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

I dont understand what they said.. but this is so heartbreaking. :bawling::bawling:

Segye keep rejecting him even he's so sincere and not complaining about the accident.

And now she ran away?

Segye is so full of herself. Zzztt..

sorry not sorry. Im team Dojae :heartbreak:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, 7psyche7 said:

I like that we are actively discussing about the recent development in SG and DJ’s relationship. Leads to lively discussion! SG is flawed, you can tell that her default way of coping is to run away just as what she did when she found out that DJ’s condition came about while saving her. 

However, I don’t think it’s her fault. She did not ask to be saved and DJ pushed her aside out of his own choice. I just think it’s a tragic situation.. no one’s at fault really. :tears: But of course it shouldn’t be something that drives them apart... I hope SG can find a way to work past her totally understandable guilt and that DJ and her loved ones will help her in the process. 

Excited to see how the writers handle this in the coming episode! 

Delurking to say hello. Hope writer gives DJ a miracle cure so he can see faces again. Please, please. If SG can transform into all ages and genders, more magic please! SG can't undo the past but at least if DJ's OK again, no  guilt now. DJ's  been such a sweet incredibly good guy to see the beauty within. Now please let him see the beauty without, too! 

• Sad 2

The scenes are heart-breaking but the development is logical. If I were SG, I would have felt so ashamed of myself and wouldn’t want to face DJ and his family for a while. I think SG is sensible and feels guilty for DJ's illness due to saving her and unknowingly mocking it when she was trying to finding what illness he had. 

Running away gives them a break and makes their love stronger I hope... It wouldn't make any sense if they can stay together and be happy as if nothing happens right now.

So although I don’t like noble idiocy and cliche which I think this drama has proven to stay clear of that path anyway, I think the writing is quite on point here. If we put ourselves in their shoes, we’d symphathise rather than criticise.

Praying for a happy ending!!!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, kdrmalover4444 said:

IT IS A CRYING GALORE...... 

HOW CAN I SURVIVE TILL NEXT WEEK, HOWWWWWW...

Segye crying... Segye want to break up.. Dojae can't even remember segye's face although he miss her so much..  Segye disappear... Dojae crying... How am I not going crazy with this kind of episode? with this cliffhanger? HOWWWWWWWWW.... this is a very depressing episode.

Ohh I rewatched episode 5 and she said that she plan to take the picture of her real face before she dies and put it in the center frame. So now I understand the 2nd line of your 2nd paragraph chingu haha. SDJ's breakdown is because he saw the blank frame intended for SG's real face and he cried because he indeed cannot conjure her real face in his mind :bawling:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5beae33b4c62697359

• Sad 4

12 minutes ago, summer18 said:

The scenes are heart-breaking but the deveopment is logical. If I were SG, I would have felt so ashamed of myself and wouldn’t want to face DJ and his family for a while. I don’t think SG is full of herself; on the contrary she is sensible and feels guilty for some of the harsh comments she made on DJ illness when they were getting to know each other.

Agreed!  I think that is too easy to become harsh with a character and vent rage on them.  Instead, we should try to figure out why the character does what he/she does.  That can be a good way for us to learn more about ourselves as well and about how to be compassionate to those around us.

Reacting is easy.  Reflecting takes effort.  But it is the latter that we should be doing, even when it comes to watching a drama.

• Like 13

Okay, don't call me heartless or anything but I kind of wanted SDJ to cry for some time now...

I haven't even watched all the cuts from jtbc but I don't know how to wait another week. Looks like HSG left her house for good? Looks so empty... I hope the writernim doesn't put any time skips. I hate when dramas do that:mellow:

Looks like HSG is retired and going away. The message from SDJ's doctor is really interesting though. He asked if he is sure about he surgery since he could die. IS IT FOR HIS CONDITION?? I know it's not realistic but I want him to see her so much. That would be one tear jerking scene:bawling: I'm 99% sure about the time skip too. He'll get the surgery then they'll meet again some years later....BOOM HAPPY EVER AFTER I HOPE

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Forgive me, but I’m in awe with SHJ’s acting here. (Do I sound bias here? Lol) Eveytime she cries, I felt the pain! I even got frustrated by her actions. 

But of course, kudos to LMK as well! We saw his flexibility here. He’s not just about blank face. We saw his rawness! 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, SweetLullaby said:

Looks like HSG is retired and going away. The message from SDJ's doctor is really interesting though. He asked if he is sure about he surgery since he could die. IS IT FOR HIS CONDITION?? I know it's not realistic but I want him to see her so much. That would be one tear jerking scene:bawling: I'm 99% sure about the time skip too. He'll get the surgery then they'll meet again some years later....BOOM HAPPY EVER AFTER I HOPE

So that’s the conversation with his doctor was all about. If that’s the case, then that will be time skip for sure. I’m torn between him getting better and him having that condition forever. I dont know why?? Am I that too selfish to wish he will not be better?? Lol

But either way is fine just give us a happy ending! :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I’m actually quite pleased that this episode gave both SHJ and LMK the chance to show their acting skills esp. LMK as we have seen SHJ crying many times in the drama and her scenes are so natural and superb. LMK is great here, well done! Yesterday I very much liked LMK acting esp. in the scene with the evil ex-fiancee of SR too. 

I support them both on a professional level and personal level (i.e if they become a couple irl it’ll be greattt well if both of them are single and available). Going through some extreme emotions like these together help our OTP story and bonding I guess :)

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, thistle said:

Agreed!  I think that is too easy to become harsh with a character and vent rage on them.  Instead, we should try to figure out why the character does what he/she does.  That can be a good way for us to learn more about ourselves as well and about how to be compassionate to those around us.

Reacting is easy.  Reflecting takes effort.  But it is the latter that we should be doing, even when it comes to watching a drama.

Omg I can already imagine the comment section of a certain drama site about HSG's action today lmao. But I agree with you guys! It's not realistic that HSG can stay with DJ immediately because she has shown us the intensity of her guilt in this ep. I can't imagine her continuously dating DJ the way before with the amount of guilt that she has and it will also not be fair for DJ to have a half-hearted SG with him. So let them calm down with this short separation and come back stronger. Let us wait for HSG to deal with her guilt and comeback to DJ fully determined to love him wholly. Let us also allow DJ to be stronger with this separation. Honestly, it's a little worrying how (idk the proper term huhu) dependent? he is to SG for his happiness. DJ's interaction with other people improved a lot and he credits it to HSG so I hope he maintains his relationship with his family and team even after she's gone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@Nanana85 thank you so much!!! i love seeing your instagram updates as well, they cheer me up so much <3 and thank you for the confirmation as well!! i had my theories but it's nice to know that i'm correct. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Irly said:

But it's a bit selfish, no? I mean... for that reason she only thinks about herself. Her pain, her guilt. She doesn't think about DJ and that drives me nuts. If I felt guilt about something I will try to do something and repair as much damage as I could. And no matter how hard it would be for me, in that case my hardship doesn't matter at all. Because it's my fault and I need to face all consequences. 

She said "I don't deserve him". But it's not for her to decide. With the breakup route she only cause more damage to DJ. Instead of helping him with his life she gave him more pain. And he really doesn't deserve this.

wow, i didn't know that my comment would spark so much debate—but i'm really glad, because now we have such a lively and complex discussion going. props to the drama for allowing us to think and reason with the scenes within it without merely accepting them blindly!! <3 so @Irly i have some points that i'd love to hear your perspective on <3

i see how it might be selfish, but i think it is a little harsh to say that SG only thinks of herself. time and time again in the drama, though the media pushes that exact point forward (that she is self-absorbed, a diva, etc.), we are shown time over that she isn't (the scenes with the little boy, the scenes with the high school girl, there's more most likely that i can't recall) so in this case, i don't think that she's being selfish. yes, it's her pain and her guilt—but it stems from DJ's pain, which he's already told her about on that night on the roof. it's her pain at being the one who put him through that. so while i think that our views on how she should react are different, i do think that she is not being selfish here. she might be subconsciously thinking of herself, but truthfully, she's convincing herself that he hates her (even though we're shown that she doesn't). 

but i definitely agree with that middle point about doing something to repair the damage inflicted—that's what everybody should do when they make a mistake. but unfortunately, here, i don't think SG can. and i think something that people need to remember is that characters don't always react to situations the same way we do (not to say that you don't know this already). for example—though i, personally, do relate to SG's decisions and choices, that's not to say my friend will, or as @Irly has written, does not. 

and finally, it is SG's decision to decide whether she deserves him or not. that's not a matter of the situation at hand, but rather of her own autonomy, lol. if she doesn't think she is deserving, she isn't. if she does think she's deserving, she is. whether she should stay with him or go away from him is her own choice. 

so what do you think? i'd love to hear your thoughts along with anyone else's <3 sorry, i have a lot of feelings about SG's leaving but it might just be because i've enjoyed this trope ever since oh my venus, haha. 

oh, and i almost forgot, but there's another thing i wanted to add that might not be really relevant: i think SG's fleeing from the situation at hand is a callback to her own father's decisions, which might make her realization and subsequent return even more heartbreaking (considering the childhood she herself suffered through). having her choices parallel the choices of the father she had so much bitterness for might snap her back into reason. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The more I think about it the more frustrated I am. I could completely understand that SG need time for coming to terms with newly discovered facts. What I don't understand is when instead saying: "I need some time by myself" she just said "Let's break up".

And I really don't like if drama take turn to healing DJ condition. It's somewhat cheap and diminished efforts for those who live their lives without drama-like miracles. 

Prosopagnosia not life-threating disease. For instance, I have very bad eyesight since early childhood. Because of it I have very bad face memory and recognizing and could pass near the person I know on the street (including close relatives) without noticing. Of course, it's not prosopagnosia, but something very close to it. All my close friends and family knows about it so no big deal. If someone doesn't know and feels offended I just explain everything. 

I don't even mention completely blind people! So what, without magic cure they doesn't deserve happiness? 

And what kind of guilt it is that out of that guilt someone just give more and more pain to the wronged person? (I don't know how it's her fault also, it was his decision to save old lady. But she feels that fault, so okay, that part understandable)

What kind of love doing something like this? 

If DJ really after her disappearance make decision to do life-threating operation and something goes wrong? (And in not drama-land something surely goes wrong), How she will live with THIS guilt? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, thistle said:

this is such a lovely sentiment, i'm so glad you wrote it out. it's something i think too and something i'm actually writing one of my college essays on—that when reading or watching TV that focuses on relationships and the changing hearts of characters, we should make a point to empathize, to see them kindly, and to treat them well (even in our heads) because that will translate to a more sensitive and sweeter temperament when speaking with others. literature and film are both art forms that are a study in empathy. and furthermore, they are reflections of life and love. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

about the conversation with his doctor.. if I'm not mistaken, the probability to be able to heal is just 5% but he could also die if the surgery gone wrong. I think that's way he try to just accept it and live with his condition for the past 10 years, that's why he said that there's no cure when his grandpa asking. But now that Segye left him, I'm so sure he will take anything, even with that 5%, because he can't live without Segye anyway.

About Segye, I can't say I like the way she is running away and leaving Dojae because it's so sad, people can say she is selfish, yes in a way, but what else she can do? She feels guilt and that feeling eating her alive. She is being  mean to Dojae to left him like that, yes it's in a way true too, but before all that, she needs too live first. She can't smile anymore, she feels like dying, she hate herself so much that she can't live anymore. She can't even begging for forgiveness to dojae's mom because it doesn't make sense if she said dojae become like that because saving her from accident, how could she explain that grandma that dojae save in car accident was her?. I mean, if only she can just admit to everybody why she felt guilty to Dojae so that everyone can just blame her, she can beg for their forgiveness and pay for what she's done (though we know it's not like that, it's not her fault).

Woomi knows it that's why she stop Dojae from meeting Segye the day before she left. She knows Segye through and through, she is her bestfriend and will be always in her side. Like Woomi said, Segye needs to live first. May I said that actually the writer been constant about Segye's personality, and she left dojae like this is constant with how Segye from the start is. Just like her mom said, Segye isn't easily change, she is always like that. 

But what to do with Dojae? My heart breaking for him... He choose Segye over his family or position, he said he can leave all of that to be with her no matter who she changes into he is ready to throw anything away just to be with her. Even after knowing the truth of their past he said it's okay because even if it's not her he will still save the person, and that saving her is the best thing he had ever done, but now she can't live with guilty feeling, she can't live with herself while dojae is too good she feel she don't deserve him and his love...so she want to leave, but Dojae..Dojae can't even remember her face on his mind when he miss her,and he loves her so much that anything else doesn't matter, isn't their fate so cruel like this? I suddenly has a strong nostalgic feeling, this is like watching Goblin all over again, the torture is real. Im Meari writer-nim, jinjja.....crying2-onion-head-emoticon.gif

p.s : one thing I want to complain, there's no melodrama tag on this drama. I mean.. they should have warn me?! Please give me back my RomCom in episode 15 and 16.

p.s.s : SHJ and LMK are so good, both in the RomCom side or Melo side. what's with this couple? so perfect.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2