Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018] The Beauty Inside Drama Remake, 뷰티 인사이드

After watching the preview, we now understand the writer's objective is to get SDJ healed from his illness but she hasn't revealed to us if HSG’s strange curse/illness will be healed before they live happily ever after.

In order for him to be healed, he has to go for the surgery, perhaps no other logical way. He wouldn't need to go for it if HSG had stayed by his side. So the writer resolve 2 issues (SDJ illness and HSG’s overwhelming guilt) by this way. Now we need to know how the writer handle HSG’s transformation, why it happened and if there is an ending to it.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, justright said:

He wouldn't need to go for it if HSG had stayed by his side. 

That's correct! He wouldn't need, right?

And how lucky we are and our main couple! First with the existence of such possibility itself. Second - that our hero have more than enough money and means to make a use from that possibility. And have surgery in any country and from the best surgeon in the world. And third - thanks god we are in drama-land, so all talks about 5% of success is just talks. Surely nothing bad will happen to the main hero and he became perfectly healthy again. 

So of course SG was right. Now she will have complete normal man and no guilt luggage behind her. Happinness is possible only with such condition, right? 

• Like 4

okay now... with all this heavy feeling lift on my chest after seeing preview episode 15, off me go to watch full episode sub of episode 14... 

36 minutes ago, unhelpful said:

What if in healing his own illness, it prevents him from being able to recognise HSG any more when she's transformed? That's going to be awkward. 

I think, despite him heal from his condition, he still has that skill of 10 years to be observant of people, may I add it will be just the same as a habit for him because he's been practically doing it for a long time. And with that necklace he gave her, he said that so he can recognize her with it. And my I add, his heart recognize her just like when she change into new-Segye grandpa..

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Irly said:

Happinness is possible only with such condition, right? 

Actually happiness can be achieved if both of their conditions remain unchanged presuming with no back story of them.

@unhelpful that's the reason why I'm curious if HSG will be healed and how the writer address this issue. please look forward to the finale, the preview hasn't revealed all.

Our Century Couple is in the news.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1264743wpp/lee-min-ki-seo-hyun-jin-work-hard-get-perfect-shot-behind-scenes-beauty-inside

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@justright I agree that they could achieved the happiness despite their conditions, if only there's no such ill-fate from their back story... if only that wasn't Segye that he saved, if only Segye wasn't going to be hit by car, if only they just have to love each other without such cruel initial meeting fate.. Both Segye and Dojae will embrace each other condition and be each other strength.

Dojae can't do anything about Segye's guilty feeling, can't change the fact of him struggling to live for the past 10 years, can't change what already happen in the past, it's 0% probability.

the only thing he can do is to try changing how he live in the future, to hang on that 5% probability to heal. That 5% probability is much more realistic for him than  the 0%, because no matter how he can't lose her in his life, so he would rather die trying than just die. 

• Like 6

I want to ask just a few questions. Everybody there seems just okay with current drama turn and reasoning behind SG leaving. It's very tiring and useless to go against common flow but still.

What our sensible heroine feel and how she supposed to live if there was not drama-land? When writer doesn't play as merciful god and 5% is still 5%? And DJ falls for unlucky 95%? 

And even in our fairytale - when DJ returned after miracle surgery. She just happily embrace him, saying - you fought hard, good job? And not a fleeting terrifying afterthought about what she could done with her decision, what consequences there might be?

I didn't give up on the series yet. We have two more episodes and while right now I'm very sad for all breakup/surgery plot I still hope for some satisfying conclusion. Maybe show itself will answer on my questions, who knows. :)

I wonder if they will do a time jump for the final episodes. I could see them meeting again when SG is someone else. Maybe a HS female student or a hyung for DJ (since we have already seen harmony, harabouji, HS male, kid, ahjumma (shout out to misty!!), etc). What do you guys think?

• Like 2

I'm glad we will have happy ending, but so sad at the same time since it will come to an end. :tears:

Assisstant pd update with PD Song, it feels sentimental huhuu.. thank you for your hard work, 

Spoiler

There are some foodtruck came from actress jeon hyebin and ye jiwon to support the drama. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Irly said:

I want to ask just a few questions. Everybody there seems just okay with current drama turn and reasoning behind SG leaving. It's very tiring and useless to go against common flow but still.

What our sensible heroine feel and how she supposed to live if there was not drama-land? When writer doesn't play as merciful god and 5% is still 5%? And DJ falls for unlucky 95%? 

Hi there,.. I'm sorry I'm cutting your post

As for the question, how our heroine will feel If she knows about it, I'm pretty sure  (judging by her personality) she will become more devastated if she knows the extreme length Dojae willingly take. But consider this, the thing is, is she even knows about that 5% probability? I do not think so because all this time she never knew such procedure exist, all this time before the revelation of the past she never even pressed the idea about him to be cure instead she wholeheartedly accepted him as he is accepted her, two nice and kind but mess people . Dojae,  just like how Segye choose to left Dojae alone by her own, choose to undergo the surgery by his own too. I suspect Dojae does not even tell Segye the details about his surgery, about that 5%, because she won't be able to face it. She already almost kill him once will she really let him to go risking his life twice? But just like she didn't know that Dojae was her saviour back then, if she doesn't know about the consequence of Dojae's choice, if she doesn't know how far Dojae's willing to put his life in line once again, if that is all Dojae's choice all alone and keeping her in the dark about the 5%, is it Segye to be blame?

If Dojae is in 95% category of the unlucky one, that's a really sad love.. Segye won't be able to live through that. She will never be able to handle it. 

"She just happily embrace him, saying - you fought hard, good job? And not a fleeting terrifying afterthought about what she could done with her decision, what consequences there might be?" 

I dunno about this.. I mean we haven't see how the event really take place in episode 15 n 16. Like I said I'm thinking if she knew the consequence of Dojae choice before Dojae actually doing it, she will stop him or she will actually choose to die because she can't handle being the reason for him risking his life again. But to someone whose as crazy n sincere as Dojae to find a way for her to come back to him, if we are Segye, will we push him away again after the miracle happen? 

both Dojae and Segye questioning what is that they do so wrong to be punished like that..Dojae asking if God really exist is it okay to hate Him... If the miracle isn't even on Dojae's 5% side, it will be so depressing. 

This is just my thoughts, based on my own assumptions and the preview.. As for now I'd really like to be as positive as possible,

I've said before that watching Beauty Inside I have the nostalgic feeling like watching "Goblin". I see how the both writer view about the Almighty, about cruel fate, about sad love is kind of same (well, I guess Im Meari being the assistant writer on Goblin is kind of explaining why). 

I remember the scene in Goblin, the Almighty said, "fate is the question that I ask, you should find your own answer"

if the Almighty asking the question through that cruel ill-fate for them, is it wrong for Segye and Dojae to answer it with the kind of choice they make? 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, aSHJfan said:

Out OTP spotted filming, hope they finish filming soon and can relax and enjoy watching the last couple of episodes

I can’t believe they are still filming to this day! Hopefully that’s their last scene to film! And then they’ll just enjoy the fruit of their labor!:blush:

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, shjfan23 said:

I can’t believe they are still filming to this day! Hopefully that’s their last scene to film! And then they’ll just enjoy the fruit of their labor!:blush:

Yes I hope so, they have worked hard. I'm not really a fan of the kdrama live filming, it's just too taxing for all involved and the quality of the production can be compromised due to it. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, aSHJfan said:

Yes I hope so, they have worked hard. I'm not really a fan of the kdrama live filming, it's just too taxing for all involved and the quality of the production can be compromised due to it. 

Yeah me too! It’s just too stressful for all of them. But I don’t think they want that either. But they don’t have a choice. Looks like there are a lot of script revisions along the way. They’ve been starting this end of July right? But still they still end up doing it live. But there’s still some good things on that. They can consider all the audiences comments.  

• Like 4

i just skimmed through episode fourteen and i think they way they presented it has been done with grace, dignity, and heart. it is what it is. i enjoy separations and final confessions of love in any show just because for me it allows the characters room to grow and mature. k-dramas have a habit of undoing a heroine's entire life in order for the lead to make his own presence there, and the eventual separation at the end of their love story allows the girl room and time to figure out who she is, what she wants, how she will choose to live before returning to the one she loves. in beauty inside's case, our heroine has remained the way she is--compassionate, fortifying, intelligent, and lovely in whatever form she takes. she is not like the prior heroines i have listed above. so in this case, their separation is due to guilt+grief, both of which have taken their toll on them. se gye simply has to come to terms with her grief. the story cannot progress otherwise. 

furthermore, the fact is that me and the other people who sympathize with SG are not the masses. we have simply been able to find some sense in the decision she has made and feel badly towards her. we understand and so don't hold her to such high standards, we choose to accept the drama as it is. on every other drama site that i have read, people are angered by the decision she has made. this forum is the only place i have found that says, it's okay. it's alright. these are the consequences of pain. whatever choice she has made is right for her as a character and being. i want to do a shoutout to both @kdrmalover4444 and @justright for articulating what i am trying to say much better than i ever could. i agree with almost every single point they have made. love <3

and, finally, because i'm feeling sort of morose right now typing all of this out, i want to say that i'll really miss this forum. talking to all of you and hearing all of your views, whether we disagree or not, has been so heart-warming and fun. everyone on here has their own opinion and own feelings, but i think i can say with confidence that we all have a soft spot in our hearts for this drama. with the end of this drama comes the dying down of this thread, and so i just want to say that i'll miss you all <3 all of us, together, probably won't ever like the same drama again, so this thread, with these people, won't exist after this. but i hope dearly that i'll run into some of you on other threads and that we will again discuss the dramas we enjoy, talking happily about our lead, about our couple's scenes, writing down opinions and looking at instagram posts, crafting theories and wishing for the health of our main actors <3 i am so glad that i decided to make a soompi account to comment on this thread. next two episodes are still there so let's be happy! lots and lots of love <3

• Like 10

I trying   before the lasts eps  tomorrow and Tuesday,to guess about the  secret of HSG transformation every month , why that happen ?
I don't  like,if the secret would be  just a magic ,or a curse  in  the jar of  Jesson era...etc 
I do not deny that I also thought about  silly explanation like kinkong  is actually her father  especially watching him refuse to go to SDJ :lol::sweatingbullets:
this  drama for me, despite the character of fantasy,I find it more realistic, so the explanation  need to be a realistic too.

scientific explanation may not seem logical for our world , but something close to reality is possible  , if we just y consider it  as ,a scientific hypothesis that has not yet been explained yet . 

like what? 

The writer  can proceed from the hypothesis of a change in the genes or DNA  , but this hypothesis is  difficult to accept,because we have a time factor.
The change happens in seconds,  everything turns into someone else in few moment, 
Also for the fact that she did medical tests
Though I think this is easy to find an explanation, when she  returns as HSG , everything is normal.

if you did watch Brad Pitt movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

it also fantasy story with reality atmosphere , the story about a boy born as old man , by time he become younger , but here the time made it logical satiation .

so  , if the writer chooses , a scientific explanation ,this would be acceptable to me but in condition ,to coordinate perfectly all the scientific facts and make it appear as an acceptable explanation .

• Like 2