[Drama 2018] The Beauty Inside Drama Remake, 뷰티 인사이드

marykarmelina

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[Beauty Inside] Ep 13 spoilers, Seo Hyun Jin x Lee Min Ki

beauty.png

Article: Naver 'Beauty Inside' Lee Min Ki's inability to recognize faces is because of Seo Hyun Jin 

• Han Se Gye (Seo Hyun Jin) warned Chae Yoo Ri (Ryu Hwa Young) to stop spreading rumors. She threatened Yoo Ri that she wish she could change her appearance. That way, she can kill Yoo Ri without getting caught. 
  • Seo Do Jae (Lee Min Ki) reveals his condition to his grandfather and his colleagues. 
  • Do Jae tells Se Gye that he saved an old woman from an accident, which caused him to suffer from his illness. Se Gye realizes that she's that old woman from the past.

1. [+1637,-9]
Wow... The scriptwriter is really too much
.. S/he gave us sweet potatoes and cider together.[t/n: Sweet potatoes = frustrations, cider = refreshing parts.]

2. [+1476,-33]
When she threw the photos and cried, her breathing and vocalization were so good. Her acting is the best. 

3. [+494,-8]
Today's episode was a legend. 

4. [+347,-13]
My heart broke watching Se Gye cry... ㅠㅠ

5. [+275,-10]
My heart hurts for Se Gye and Do Jae.... ㅠㅠ

6. [+164,-0]
I think Chae Yoo Ri's mind is going to be 
messed up.. How scared will she be whenever a stranger walks toward her.. ㅋ

7. [+116,-4]
Seo Hyun Jin's 'guilt acting' is amazing. But breaking up is kind of over the top. 

8. [+110,-2]
No, but she made him get hurt, so she should be responsible for it. Why did she ask to break up? 

Article: Naver 'Beauty Inside' Seo Hyun Jin turns back to her original appearance after Lee Min Ki's confession

1. [+1223,-15]
They see each other as just themselves and love each other that way. Looks like they became that kind of existence to each other. It's cool. ♡♡

2. [+941,-19]
I think it was supposed to be like the Frog Prince's kiss in the fairytale, but the scriptwriter
.. When Se Gye turned into a grandpa, his eyes when he looked at her was amazing.. The power of love is sure amazing. 

5. [+312,-14]
It seems cheesy, but is it the power of love? The grandpa's acting when he cries was sad. 

6. [+70,-3]
I understand that Seo Do Jae had an accident because of Han Se Gye
.. But breaking up with him because she's sorry.. Isn't she killing him 2 or 3 times over and hurting him.... Isn't it normal for her to think of taking responsibility for him instead!??

7. [+56,-1]
Seo Hyun Jin's emotional scene at the end was amazing

8. [+60,-9]
Wow, seriously. The script is a mess, but Seo Hyun Jin's acting saved it. 

9. [+43,-0]
I think Se Gye won't change anymore~~^^♡
enduredit, and made it into a hug to protect viewers' eyeballs. I'm very thankful for the scriptwriter's consideration. 

3. [+660,-9]
It was refreshing to see how Han Se Gye dealt with Chae Yoo Ri at one go. 

4. [+484,-7]
Seo Do Jae

====

[Beauty Inside] Ep 14 spoilers, Seo Hyun Jin x Lee Min Ki

beauty.png

Article: Naver 'Beauty Inside' Seo Hyun Jin leaves Lee Min Ki in the end, "Forget me" 
  • Han Se Gye (Seo Hyun Jin) lets Seo Do Jae (Lee Min Ki) and her friend Yoo Woo Mi (Moon Ji In) that she was the cause of Do Jae's accident, which led him to suffer from that illness. 
  • Se Gye breaks up with Do Jae and retires. She calls Do Jae and tells him that he won't ever be able to find her. 

1. [+1404,-36]
Let's say that it's just a drama, 
but she seems selfish to break up with him instead of feeling guilty and sorry. She left a guy who can't live without her. Does she think that he will be able to love someone else when he is suffering from that condition because of her??? Anyway, Han Se Gye seems really selfish. But Seo Hyun Jin's acting is the best!!! 

2. [+1095,-95]
I don't really get today's episode
.. Breaking up and disappearing was too much. Because it's the second half of the show, the story is going nowhere. 

3. [+1039,-8]
Scriptwriter!!!!! Stop making the Se Gye couple cry!! What's this? Next week's the last episode!

4. [+865,-12]
All Do Jaedidwas saving her. He was ditched, and suffer from an incurable disease. At the last scene, he looked so pitiful when he cried. ㅠㅠ

5. [+552,-13]
Is Do Jae going to undergo surgery? ㅠㅠ Because she's sorry, she made his life even harder~~~ She should make him happy with gratitude. 

6. [+252,-8]
Why do I find Han Se Gye selfish.. Do Jae's grandfather was fine with it too.. If she's sorry, she should take up the responsibility
.. He can recognize her and love her, now that she leaves, what does she want to do.. And she even said that she loves him at the end.. 

7. [+147,-8]
No, but he was injured because of her, and he suffered for a long time, she's guilty and sorry of that. That's a given. But why did she run away..? She's irresponsible, and I could only see that she's very selfish. 

8. [+120,-3]
Lee Min Ki who collapsed and cried at the end... My heart broke. His acting is so good. 

9. [+132,-4]
As expected, you can't be honest to your girlfriend when she asks you about your past. Once and that's it.

10. [+88,-4]
She's going to leave him anyway, why tell him that she loves him???

Spoiler

inside.png

Article: Naver 'Beauty Inside' Seo Hyun Jin confesses that she was the cause of Lee Min Ki's illness 

1. [+375,-40]
Ha........... Do you have to overdo it...... Why would she find her boyfriend's mother and tell her that she's going to break up with him...... I liked Beauty Inside. Just for a while..... The scriptwriter should come up with a shorter mini-series next time. I really couldn't watch this and turned the tv off. 

2. [+279,-19]
Chae Yoo Ri: Look at this~ I told you that this unnie is strange! I'm agreeing with Chae Yoo Ri's opinion this episode. Han Se Gye's personality is strange. ㅋㅋ ㅡ.ㅡ

3. [+183,-14]
Funny
.... Han Se Gye.. is selfish. Annoying~

4. [+148,-2]
How long more do I have to watch Han Se Gye's crying face
.. It's so sad.. Please stop and show us a smiling face.. 

5. [+91,-1]
Ah... I thought I'm going to die from frustration
Why is one of them always okay with it, and the other being not okay? Is giving and taking all for the two of them? This is so frustrating.............

6. [+77,-1]
Seriously, is she a human? She's breaking up with someone who saved her life and is suffering from a disease because of her. The scriptwriter got drunk and wrote this, probably. 

7. [+65,-1]
I lost my eyes because of her. Isn't it fine if she loves him for all her life? They made Han Se Gye a trash all of a sudden... 

cr

45 minutes ago, Nanana85 said:

Omg, such a lucky kid :blush:

Is she going to be a little girl? That’s interesting!

I just finished watching ep14 while going home from work! And yes, it’s not advisable to watch a very heavy episode while sitting with strangers seeing you crying like crazy! But I can’t help myself!:tears:

But, oh how I love WM!! She supports SG all the way even if it means loosing their company! Those comments from Knets were really interesting! Different views same as we have here. I still enjoy reading them even the megative ones.

12 minutes ago, shjfan23 said:

Is she going to be a little girl? That’s interesting!

I just finished watching ep14 while going home from work! And yes, it’s not advisable to watch a very heavy episode while sitting with strangers seeing you crying like crazy! But I can’t help myself!:tears:

But, oh how I love WM!! She supports SG all the way even if it means loosing their company! Those comments from Knets were really interesting! Different views same as we have here. I still enjoy reading them even the megative ones.

Ah.. That's the comments translation from trending article last night... Wish they can translate the one from today trending article too because of the slightly change views right after watching vs the day after drama broadcasting, it is so interesting.. 

Ah.. I love WM too.. She is an amazing friend, worth to beg to be together your whole life 

@Nanana85That was interesting, that update from the little girl.. Confirming LMK SHJ AJH and LDH in one frame for next episode, I guess?! 

18 minutes ago, kdrmalover4444 said:

Nanana85That was interesting, that update from the little girl.. Confirming LMK SHJ AJH and LDH in one frame for next episode, I guess?! 

Looks like another double date!:lol:

Now we can rest our feelings.. coz those pictures assure as that we will have a happy ending :D

28 minutes ago, kdrmalover4444 said:

That was interesting, that update from the little girl.. Confirming LMK SHJ AJH and LDH in one frame for next episode, I guess?! 

hmm.. i think that was from the eps 13 unexpected double date:D just look at their outfits.

there's still no glimpse or spotted fancam catching TBI shooting for finale eps, i guess the writer still fixed the script in here and there to please viewers and best happy ending, after those reactions from fans surface.. hahaha:D

19 minutes ago, Nanana85 said:

hmm.. i think that was from the eps 13 unexpected double date:D just look at their outfits.

there's still no glimpse or spotted fancam catching TBI shooting for finale eps, i guess the writer still fixed the script in here and there to please viewers and best happy ending, after those reactions from fans surface.. hahaha:D

Ohhhhh! My hopes fade away!:tears::tears::tears:

I double checked the pictures and you’re right, it’s from ep13’s double date.

@shjfan23 @Nanana85 ah.. you are right, there goes my expectation. I didnt realize it.

oh about spoiler, I actually saw one on from Beauty Inside DC gall

Spoiler

seems like the shooting was not in Seoul. There's Yoomi capture on teh third photo with bags that she load in the car on ep 14 (I suspected it's Segye's hometown where his mom live? I dunno, but it doesn't look like Seoul area to me)

credit to owner (DC Inside Gallery)

pyIwRAF.jpg

P2kXpzZ.jpg

bs9Fdj4.jpg

"Leaving for good" it's my most hated k-drama trope. Because it's always have a shade of hypocrisy. "I do it for you because I don't want to cause you pain." Yeah, as the break-up itself didn't cause the pain at all. And it almost always one-sided decision. Opinion of the partner doesn't considering at all. No matter what the partner is thinking, what he/she doing. no matter how he/she begging, suffering and struggling because of the break-up. The leaving trope will be played anyway. I could understand such ignoring of the another person only when the love and caring gone. But they said it's not the case. They said the love is real and huge. And it's still okay to leave. I don't understand. Really. 

"I will be suffering because of guilt and you will be suffer watching me". What the nonsense is it! Are you actress or what? I'm not an actress at all. Just an ordinary mother and daughter and wife. And I can't count how many times I concealed my pain, suffer, sorrow, guilt, fear and many other emotions and put it behind the smile in order to not disturb my closest one when they had their own hardships.

I must admit, there was times when it was so hard that I want to run. But it was only a fleeting thoughts. Because it would be cowardly and selfish. So I gave myself some time for crying and panicking, and then return with smile and nobody even notice. 

And most of all, life not like that. You just can't always feel one emotion. There is always joy and happy moments even when the life hit you hardest. When you together, when you not alone. You cheering up yourself for somebody artificially and then it somehow became natural and you really have a good mood. You both have. So breaking up like this, without saying that it's temporary... On the contrary, she said - I love you, but I'll be gone forever. It's cruel and have no sense. Especially in real life, real life just sucks when it comes to second chances. In majority there no second chance for you at all. 

Sorry for long post and please do not consider it as a negative one :) 

I love SG, I understand her through the series. I just really don't understand the parting trope, that's all. I hope for the happy ending for all our beloved pairs and I hope that writer somehow manage to climb up from all that mess. 

Fighting! :)))

@Irly I get what you meant here and can feel why you feel like that. I am a mother a daughter and a wife as well and I’m sure we try our best to not give up on things and on the people we love despite numerous hardships in life. 

In situations like this, I believe there is nothing called a perfect solution. For us as audience there are no right or wrong feelings as they are all subjective. I just think if Segye stays, both she and Dojae cannot pretend nothing happened. Unintentionally because of Segye, Dojae couldn’t see his dad for the last time, has the illness and lived miserably before meeting Segye. Those are facts. Continuing being together now is hard for Dojae and hell for Segye, so for the time being I believe at least a short time apart is good for both of them even though just to feel and reflect. If Segye is not happy, how can she make Dojae happy? By thinking like that, I do not feel upset or think that Segye is selfish. But yes I cried buckets of tears and naturally felt very sad.

We have 2 more episodes and I’m sure avid kdramas lovers know at some point they’ll meet again. When, how and in what situation, we don’t know. Let the writer convince us then I guess.

just my 2 cents :)

Also wish for more rom com less melo but the acting is so good can't get enough! Hoping for a happy ending. No cruel fate please for the lovers. And speaking just for me, still hoping for a cure for both of them that frees them from all the extra suffering.  Life is tough enough. Wouldn't cheapen the drama for me to get a super sweet happily ever after for this little world. I have health issues, too. I'm happy with my life. But if a future miracle cure came my way, who knows.  Every procedure has its risks. Can see that DJ who has felt his face blindness so deeply and painfully might want to gamble his life. That's believable to me. 

But after all, this isn't exactly a slice of life drama. DJ's face blindness has worked as a writer's gimmick in a way to allow her to explore tough stuff like love, gender, aging,  self-worth, endurance, courage, suffering, discrimination. And SG's morphing suddenly into any age or gender human on the planet is not exactly a realistic story line fortunately! SHJ' s acting is so terrific she's made SG come alive despite that fabulous story line. I guess it's a mercy SG's transformation is always the same species! Though a playful pal for SG's furry scene stealer might be fun. Or perhaps a cat? 

Credit: arab.leeminki

1 hour ago, summer18 said:

@Irly I get what you meant here and can feel why you feel like that. I am a mother a daughter and a wife as well and I’m sure we try our best to not give up on things and on the people we love despite numerous hardships in life.

In situations like this, I believe there is nothing called a perfect solution. For us as audience there are no right or wrong feelings. I just think if Segye stays, both she and Dojae cannot pretend nothing happened. Unintentionally because of Segye, Dojae couldn’t see his dad for the last time, has the illness and lived miserably before meeting Segye. Those are facts. Continuing being together now is hard for Dojae and hell for Segye, so for the time being I believe at least a short time apart is good for both of them to reflect. If Segye is not happy, how can she make Dojae happy... By thinking like that, I do not feel upset or think that Segye is selfish. 

We have 2 more episodes and I’m sure avid kdramas lovers know at some point they’ll meet again. When, how and in what situation, we don’t know. Let the writer convince us then I guess.

just my 2 cents :)

I have to reply that i second you on your thoughts.

I believe most of you are seasoned kdrama viewers and you should know that this is typical kdrama plot, breakup reconcile and then happy ending for rom coms. I'm only keen to know when, how and if it's convincing likewise summer18 said. It‘s very easy for us to say who/ what is right and wrong when we ourselves also have our own flaws. We're not God and there is no judgement day for a drama character, no need to call for support or hatred in that sense. No need to feel so upset over your oppa crying. You should be glad that he's able to showcase his crying skill and earn praises/appreciation for his acting skills.

Ok everyone, be happy and enjoy the last 2 episodes next week.

Wow :o this thread has certainly picked up speed in the last Episode 14 and I was quite worried after reading all the strong emotions that were racked up about the story and the actions of our main leads that I was really hesitant about watching it. 

Finally picked up the courage to watch the subbed version for greater clarity and surprisingly my reaction was much more subdued... wonder if it was the predisposition I already held going in to watch the episode or just the writing.  Somehow the entire episode felt much slower in pace compared to the previous. Episode 13 had so much going on so much so that by comparison, episode 14 could be considered a stroll in the park.  I was like watching two people’s emotions unravel in s-l-o-w motion.  Not that I found it boring nor getting impatient but I was just like a third party viewing a very private exchange between two people - watching from afar how they would act, how they would talk and how they would come to terms with the complex jumble of emotions.  Frankly speaking, now that I’ve watched the entire episode, the raw emotions displayed by LMK while impressive at first... just couldn’t match the superior grasp by SHJ of the deeper emotions rising up in HSG. I can only say I was left in awe by the show of a true master of emotional control and expressions by SHJ. Kudos. I have much more respect for her as an actress now than even before.

Now to the story development itself - Firstly I had trouble connecting to the actions of SDJ at the opening of the episode after he found out that HSG was the person he saved and rushed over to her house, only to let her cry on her own when he seemed to understand her pain but didn’t seem strong enough to comfort her when she needed it the most.  I know at the end they sort of ‘explained’ in a roundabout manner that he was afraid of what she would say then and there ... which was “let’s break up” and he was not prepared to face it.  Which leads me to wonder whether he was also not able to say confidently himself that they would be happy together ? My conclusion is that he wasn’t sure. And that’s why although it would seem odd to me at first why he almost ran away from her after she asked him to... in a way, that was his weakness. Because if he was clear, he would have said then that it was not her fault and not wait till many days later when she was still clearly in pain.  It was just like his grandpa said.... he could be foolish at times (almost felt like that was the writer-nim saying that to SDJ). Second part which I couldn’t quite ‘get’ was the breakdown of SDJ at the end - I wasn’t quite sure he was unhappy with the thought that he possibly would never see her again or was he more upset that he was not able to remember her face ... (although he could always look at her picture again just like the “First 50 Kisses” where the heroine wakes up every day not remembering anyone).

Strangely, the episode left me feeling emotionally “empty”, a bit of dazed effect with no great anticipation nor rush to see the next episode.  It was almost like I felt just like HSG - I need space and a break to let the feelings and thoughts sort itself out :unsure: It’s like the weight of the words said have a lingering effect.... casting a spell, telling me that I cannot be truly happy after this but I cannot cry for them. Do I consider that as a very successful effect that the PD and writer and actors wanted to create ? Somehow I feel that the writer is still leaving some big message to the end which I am not able to guess.

That said, I am interested to see how the story will pan out, and I do agree with the comment that the mood right now certainly doesn’t gel with a RomCom and probably veering into Melo.  It’s the final two episodes... let’s stick together for the final stretch !

Mind you, k-dramas have come a long way, from cancer (Doctors Brothers, Autumn in my heart, many), memory loss (Winter Sonata, Boys over flowers, many), wicked mum of rich boyfriend (The heirs, many), time skip (too many)... (I like some of these dramas and don’t like the others). In recent years, we have seen many logical happy or open endings. The plot so far has many twists with most resolved, so I’m eager to see the final push the production will give to the ending. In fact, I found the storyline 'till now interesting with many witty conversations and life messages. It is a fantasy romcom so there are things that don’t make sense, but I watch dramas partly to be in another creative world, so that’s fine with me.

A few pages back someone mentioned a drama site. I think I read that same drama site and was astonished to find some comments that made me wonder “what would they say that?”. This drama site used to be one of my favourites a long time ago and recently I find their views quite biased. I doubt if the writers even watch the drama(s) at all or just some clips. To express their opinions is one thing, but to be a KOI (key online influencer - websites, IG, Twitter... with reader/fan base of thousands or millions) I would hope their views to be more impartial as there are 2 sides for everything. 

For example, to call TBI production a fan service or say it doesn’t have deep meanings is too ridiculous. There are stories to learn in each episode. I kept saying to myself "This drama is so good" when watching the first few episodes as I found them refreshing and fast; I laughed my richard simmons off when Eunho wanted to jump out of the window/door when first seeing Segye change; and I cried so much when watching Segye's mom passing away in episode 10 or hearing Segye saying to Dojae "This is the last thing I say as Han Segye. I love you very much" in episode 14. 

@kopifan omg I had very some similar emotions/reactions like you when watching ep 14 with sub. I felt empty when finishing it. I felt I needed a break and some space for myself, just like Segye. 

Hello, Soompi colleagues:blush:

Well this my first post here, just consider me as “déjà vue ici  “.

I don’t how to start , from the last ep or my feeling about the drama ?

Before that I just want say don’t mind my all writing , I forgot all English grammars  and conjunction  so I hope I can deliver  my thought.

First , I love to say that the symbols  choosing by the writer , the beauty inside , someone who change to another person figure  , and also someone who can’t see faces , I thinks this was change from the movie , and I like this add

The beauty inside can take a lot of meaning, the inner , the real self …

How the writer used this three symbols amazing me , for me how actress change to others new figure every month , is like as we are actors and actress in this word we play roles , depending in situation, but we have different style of acting , some of as  are obligate  to act to handle their life’s, work family etc… but they still kip their real self, the beauty inside .

Other they forget their true inner, they couldn’t leave the new role .

As we play life roles , we can lost connection with our entourage , some of them couldn’t figure as , because we are different person for them , others even with the changes still figure our beauty inside , they understand as,

Yes, it’s about relationships, understanding, real self , how people became blind , because misunderstanding , selfish, busy life … so the world is losing their beauty inside .

That my general completed thought.

This drama special meaning for me, last years I discover that have problem in my eyes,

So I need donor for one of my eyes I don’t know what will happen to other one , they  told me there is no  medication   for my case ,   only Surgery I can be the solution ,  is completed .

it wasn’t easy for me as healthy person full of energy , I became depressed  for time ,ok ; what relation between me and the drama , you know when he couldn’t notice his mother face , that happened to me , mother was in the salon , I want to see her one eyes the one witch I have problem

I couldn’t see her face , I cried in inside I didn’t want cry that moment , sometimes when go about I forget my sunglasses because I wasn’t used yet , friends and family met me out and told me , why you didn’t say hi to as , do you ignore  as?.

I think for someone who can’t figure people it’s painful:(

Well, this drama is very  good , some people , just comments about small details about montages r something like that , this is not cliché drama , the writer avoid all thing like love triangle , rich family objection   ,  the evil mother in laws ….

Because the writher want the idea of the beauty inside can touch audience.

I think who’s watched the drama without any prejudice like , I watched the movie , the remake changed everything , or blabla balbi …

I can tell for now, I can rewatch this dram again and again.

Not because I’m seo hyun jin hard fan ,  I didn’t like story , even I did understand  the writer of that drama but she couldn’t found good scenario ,  I didn’t finished just hyunjin parts what I watched .

I STOP HERE ,  should go to sleep now :wub:

Archived