[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

4 hours ago, phuong_ctk12 said:

Hi all, 

I want to buy a camera as Kim Jin Hyuk's , do you know the brand name of the camera?

Many thanks

Look here.. I hope I have been helpful :)... 

Among the things I liked most about Encounter there is also the way they talked about the amateur passion for photography ... The moments of Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun in the dark room..

Spoiler

I'm really impressed by the influence of Encounter...

• Like 7
  • Love 4

The famous line in the drama that we love (BEST 5) from Book DB

20190212181304810.jpg

"Letting a person come into your heart even if it's for a brief moment, I believe such a thing is meaningful." (Kim Jin Hyuk - Park Bo Gum)

That words said by Kim Jin Hyuk to Sec. Jang in episode 4.

Source : Book DB

--------------------------------

Don't Hesitate - Yong Jun Hyung (Live) at his solo concert "GOODBYE 20's"

cr. HL nunafans

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cheryl295 said:

Hi Chingus what's the title of this song? I did not see it among Encounter OSTs on Spotify. :tears:

@Cheryl295

남자친구 OST Part 8 (Fairy Tale) 
Artist: Ra.D
Genre: Drama OST
Release Date: 2019.01.17

A fairy tale where you, whom I love
Comes to me and beautifully kisses me when I open the door

A fairy tale where I hold you and dance
On a street when it’s just us two at night

Every day, I spent days like that with you
In my fairy tale-like dreams
I didn’t want to open my eyes

I don’t want to wake up and go back
I want to hold you and dream a little longer
All of these stories seemed like they’d disappear
If I open my eyes

Sometimes, I think about being where you’re not
I get so afraid, I freeze up
That kind of day doesn’t exist for me
My days have fallen into you

In all my moments, you’re there, that hasn’t changed
I’ll leave the spot you used to be in, just as it is

My heart is completely filled with you
There’s still so much I want to do for you

If I open my eyes

That kind of day doesn’t exist for me
My days have fallen into you

Day by day, though it hurts, to the point where my heart falls
I’ll always remain here like this

If I open my eyes

My days that have fallen into you
Are just a lonely fairy tale

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

This is the most beautiful

I'll upgrade these rings once every year for you.

Why?

Because they're not at the same level with your other jewelry.

That's true. This one is the most beautiful.

37ZAIP.jpg

My heart is full of you.

Unlike the friends you used to like, I can't go away or disappear.

All I think about is you.

Until the day you take your last breath, I'll be by your side

• Like 6
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, Cheryl295 said:

There are new posts at DVD Cafe. I can't access it. I wonder if they will push through with Director's Cut production or not. 

Bad news.

Studio Dragon has decided to cancel plans for a Director’s cut. As per the agreement between the production company and the drama team (director, actors, staff etc) the former has complete authority to decide/cancel any plans for a Director’s cut. 

The production company has not cited any reason for their decision nor will it be revealed and have stated that they will not be changing or reviewing their decision.

Lack of demand doesn’t seem to be the reason so I’m shocked at this decision. 

:tears:

Spoiler

@stardustvoid and the bad news keeps piling. 

• Sad 9

23 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

:bawling:

The dvd is the reason why i haven't move on.. 

The reason isn't clear as @ahdrianaasaid it wasn't because of the lack of demand. 

I wonder after DoTS is there any drama which produce director's cut dvd?

Spoiler

WWWSK has the same production company as Encounter but the drama produced Directors Cut. That was even if the required demand survey of 1000 pre orders was not reached when they decided to push through with the project. As of now, they kept opening pre orders they had 2 batches of pre orders made and will open soon.

I think there are several factors for cancellation like the schedule of the cast and PD as they will be interviewed in the Director's Cut and will do DVD Commentaries. 

Spoiler

I won't discount any possibility that SHK and PBG's agencies also expressed opinions against it to prevent issues. Like if they release Kissing Scenes BTS how many times they did it, how many NGs etc. It may cause issues, you know, media always make it a big thing, make intriguing articles with the real closeness of PBG and SJK. 

DOTS and LOVE IN THE MOONLIGHT have Directors Cut DVD

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

@dukesa1122

I'm astounded by this news. Speechless.

What's with the production company and UAA & Blossom?

It's just a drama, please. If they caved in to pressure, I'm afraid there's not much future for the K ent industry because it would mean that they are dictated by the public's influence.

As for interviewing the cast, technology permits visual interviews thru webcams etc so if it's due to busy schedules, it's unlikely to be an acceptable reason.

I hope that Korea can recognise acting talent of the artistes, especially top ones like Shk and Pbg. Boyfriend is such a superb drama and let's hope the decision will be overturned somehow. Besides, Boyfriend has proven to be a hit internationally. I hope the company considers the support given to the actors and the drama internationally.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

I think the most that International Fans can do will be to comment on the DVD Cafe and SNS of studio execs as well as the Agencies to release Director's Cut.

Schedule can be arranged even if it will take long. 

Spoiler

Mr Sunshine has just recorded DVD Commentary last week several months after its finale. 

• Like 5

@Cheryl295

We can still hope. Chingu, do you know the links to the DVD cafe and studoo execs sns etc? We can go post our appeal...not anger to turn them off...but logical and emotional appeal because we love Boyfriend too much and respect both Shk and Pbg too much to use all the words that I would otherwise love to shoot at them! Lol...

I'm still at the incredulous state.

• Like 4

They could produce a dvd with ng, bts, removing the most romantic scenes, for me it would be unpleasant, but it would still be the  director's cut dvd of one of my favorite dramas. I hope they change their mind and maybe do it later. Also because there will be the request of the other countries and they will have to satisfy it.

• Like 3

@Cheryl295

Spoiler

Ohh WWWSK even released directors cut? Im utterly confused, since by rating dan fandom and international support, BF is way beyond WWWSK

I hope there will be logical explaination, because releasing dvd with such big fandom like SHK and PBG meaning more dollars to the producing company. 

So i was as confused as @jl08

Because other drama under the same production company released director's cut. And if the actors agency caved in with public opinions, i mean, which public? as much as i can see, the International supporters are way bigger than those who bombarding every thread and social media with their hate comments.

PBG have massive success with his fan meeting, more than 25.000 people attended so far, and he hasn't finished yet. In every fan meeting, he reenact his role as KJH and fans went crazy about it. Together with SHK fandom, how big the demand will be?

So talking about momentum, if they release director cut dvd, this is just the right moment..

The only thing that i can think about, is that they probably don't meet in the agreement:tears::tears::tears:

43 minutes ago, jl08 said:

What's with the production company and UAA & Blossom?

It's just a drama, please. If they caved in to pressure, I'm afraid there's not much future for the K ent industry because it would mean that they are dictated by the public's influence.

As for interviewing the cast, technology permits visual interviews thru webcams etc so if it's due to busy schedules, it's unlikely to be an acceptable reason.

I hope that Korea can recognise acting talent of the artistes, especially top ones like Shk and Pbg. Boyfriend is such a superb drama and let's hope the decision will be overturned somehow. Besides, Boyfriend has proven to be a hit internationally. I hope the company considers the support given to the actors and the drama internationally.

• Like 3

Re: D-Cut DVD

Studio Dragon is the company with the rights to the drama.  I think TVN is part of their family of companies.  

Boyfriend’s dvd weibo account has stated that SD emphasised there are no extra bts clips or cut scenes

Since that is the case, I suggest that Soompi fans write to SD to explain we are interested in the director’s and writer’s commentaries, as well as the total compiled package of having the full subtitled drama with whatever bts they have. 

SD’s contact emails can be found here: 

http://www.studiodragon.net/front/en/about/contact

I also recommend fans to log into Encounter’s Naver site and Like all the clips there.  https://m.tv.naver.com/cjenm.tvNencounter/home

I can’t think of any other way to show our support.  :( 

P/S.  for what it’s worth, according to the weibo post, the PD and actors were actually amenable to doing the d-cut, so any reason to reject the project is from SD, and they have refused to state why.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3