[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

15 minutes ago, dahae2006 said:

around 2015 while he was attending university.

I saw in the twitter that Park Bo Gum posted these pictures with friends by himself in late January 2015, that meant it was almost 4 years ago during his university's cultural overseas exchange program in Europe eg. Italy and London. :D

Interestingly, Encounter used picture from Park Bo Gum's real life in the drama. 

TVN looked more diligent to show audiences both 15 seconds and 30 seconds preview of ep9 when audiences have to wait for another 6 days before we can really watch this ep9. :phew:

encounter-poster.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, thesunset said:

Episode 9- Text Preview

Based on the text preview for Ep.9, Jinhyuk’s identity is revealed. So from now on everything will be more complicated for him ( and even his family) and even may I say more dangerous because of Taekyung group. 

The assumed pictures of Jinhyuk ( I couldn’t stop laughing when I saw they used BoGum’s pictures with his university friends) with the text under the photos are for revelation of the young man around our celebrity woman aka Cha Soohyun on SNS.

As for assumptions about time jump and going to Cuba, neither will happen. The Cuba scene is very misleading, in my opinion, it is only used for showing they missed each other. One of them is remembering the scene, it’s a combination of memory + fantasy/dream. The scene that Kim jinhyuk is running is because SooHyun is going to visit him in Sokcho( again based on the text preview). So they may use this  scene while they are running toward each other or thinking about each other, one (Jinhyuk) or both of them are remembering the cafe note( if and only if Soohyun has seen the note but it wasn’t shown).

Video preview pleaseeee TT TT

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

May we ask you to translate Ep. 9 preview?

I knew PBG was always very good looking, but his visuals seem more elevated in this drama. I loved his long hair, then I loved his shorter hair then I was madly in love with his hair in the last episode. I think I might love the new Cuba hair even more. 

:wub:

• Like 11
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, ahdrianaa said:

I knew PBG was always very good looking, but his visuals seem more elevated in this drama. I loved his long hair, then I loved his shorter hair then I was madly in love with his hair in the last episode. I think I might love the new Cuba hair even more. 

:wub:

Thank you so much for the preview.

I totally agreed with your comment about Park Bo Gum, Encounter can show his shiner version with brighter charisma . 

7 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

Thank the Gods for Ace! :heart:

Omo! I sense a break-up happening.

Noooooooo!

I might sense the difference, it would not lead to break up.

Kim Jin Hyuk and Cha Soo Hyun always care for each other. This is just another obstacle for both of them. From the ramyeon and ask to Ramyeon at the office lobby incident, there were many officers who knew whom Kim Jin Hyuk was.

As Kim Jin Hyuk told Cha Soo Hyun that it is natural and expected that his identity will be disclosed. 

It is another situation Kim Jin Hyuk insisted that nobody can decide what their lives should be, definitely they can try to remain their relationship even with distance and several differences in life. 

As we remembered when the tea old lady warned Kim Jin Hyuk that his life would be complicated because he is involving Cha Soo Hyun but he answered that he takes risk when he is happy just to be able to still see her smile. 

• Like 17

3 hours ago, thesunset said:

Episode 9- Text Preview

Based on the text preview for Ep.9, Jinhyuk’s identity is revealed. So from now on everything will be more complicated for him ( and even his family) and even may I say more dangerous because of Taekyung group. 

The assumed pictures of Jinhyuk ( I couldn’t stop laughing when I saw they used BoGum’s pictures with his university friends) with the text under the photos are for revelation of the young man around our celebrity woman aka Cha Soohyun on SNS.

As for assumptions about time jump and going to Cuba, neither will happen. The Cuba scene is very misleading, in my opinion, it is only used for showing they missed each other. One of them is remembering the scene, it’s a combination of memory + fantasy/dream. The scene that Kim jinhyuk is running is because SooHyun is going to visit him in Sokcho( again based on the text preview). So they may use this  scene while they are running toward each other or thinking about each other, one (Jinhyuk) or both of them are remembering the cafe note( if and only if Soohyun has seen the note but it wasn’t shown).

p.s In text preview there is no mention of Cuba. It’s just revelation of Jinhyuk’s identity and Soohyun going to Sokcho.

Your logic is right.. only CSH will travel to cuba for work.. and she visits the cafe and sees the note.. she imagine KJH with his bright smile n backpack( just like ep1) .. 

And i think she goes to cuba to put some distance. Am guessing that KJH mother will confront CSH and that would make her to distance herself

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 3
  • Sad 4

Saw the preview and I still don't think WS leaked JH's information. Probably someone else see these two and posts the picture. Judging from the still, the look on WS's face is not someone who is furious - it is quite heart-breaking instead like he realizes he loses his chance.  His mom will be the one who pushes the issue to the press.

"If we follow the way determined by others, we become miserable. There is no such thing in my life". That is one of the best lines I ever heard in K-drama. Here we have a male lead who is very determined to pursue what he believes is right despite what others think.  JH may look naive and in fact he doesn't really understand all the complications that come along with his relationships but he is someone with very strong conviction.

I never think JH tries to break up or stay away from SH under pressure; at this point she is more likely to give up than him, given all things she has gone through so far and how she wishes the best for JH. It is not about who loves who more but JH is truly a strong pillar in this relationship. He always takes the lead and encourages SH to take bold steps with him; this time, even though she hesitates, together they will also find a way :) . I remember reading the drama description as it is about two people who are willing to abandon what they have to be together. Here we have JH who is willing to be demoted from a good PR position in the head office to a mere receptionist in a branch, hoping that he can work his way back to Seoul with his own ability in God knows how long, even though it means a long-distance relationship just so that he can protect the woman in his heart. When his life is turned upside down under the media coverage as his identity is revealed, he even comforts SH despite troubles. JH is officially one of my favorite male leads ever in K-drama land :)

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Thank the Gods for Ace! :heart:

Omo! I sense a break-up happening.

Noooooooo!

As the PD of the drama has underscored during the PressCon, Boyfriend is a story of courage in protecting the love...so they will hold fast to that love up to end.

@ahdrianaa: Many thanks for the preview translation!

The amazing thing is that even without the episodes this week, this thread is blazing hot for several hours now!:)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the posts guys.

you know when you are so addicted into the drama is that when you google too much about “ encounter” and early in the morning , when you first woke up , you notice a notification from YouTube saying tVN encounter episode 9 is out :lol:.

Im praying dramagod, please do NOT seperate them....

• Like 5

2 hours ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

Saw the preview and I still don't think WS leaked JH's information. Probably someone else see these two and posts the picture. Judging from the still, the look on WS's face is not someone who is furious - it is quite heart-breaking instead like he realizes he loses his chance.  His mom will be the one who pushes the issue to the press.

"If we follow the way determined by others, we become miserable. There is no such things in my life". That is one of the best lines I ever heard in K-drama. Here we have a male lead who is very determined to pursue what he believes is right despite what others think.  JH may look naive and in fact he doesn't really understand all the complications that come along with his relationships but he is someone with very strong conviction.

I never think JH tries to break up or stay away from SH under pressure; at this point she is more likely to give up than him, given all things she has gone through so far and how she wishes the best for JH. It is not about who loves who more but JH is truly a strong pillar in this relationship. He always takes the lead and encourages SH to take bold steps with him; this time, even though she hesitates, together they will also find a way :) . I remember reading the drama description as it is about two people who are willing to abandon what they have to be together. Here we have JH who is willing to be demoted from a good PR position in the head office to a mere receptionist in a branch, hoping that he can work his way back to Seoul with his own ability in God knows how long, even though it means a long-distance relationship just so that he can protect the woman in his heart. When his life is turned upside down under the media coverage as his identity is revealed, he even comforts SH despite troubles. JH is officially one of my favorite male leads ever in K-drama land :)

I agree with you. With this statement, JH makes it clear that he won't give in due to the pressure. I also sense that CSH feels terrible as she thinks, she is somehow responsible for all this. Nevertheless, I believe that JH will force her to become more brave and courageous. When he told her that she would hesitate with him, his remark incited her to take the initiative. Hence I think that JH's words will have an impact on her. 

And that's why he is so different from JWS, actually the exact opposite. He keeps following his mother's orders (his life, marriage, aso) and tried to stop his mother. All this time, he did some actions behind his mother's back. He never really confronted her therefore he let CSH suffer.   

• Like 23

2 hours ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

If we follow the way determined by others, we become miserable. There is no such things in my life".

I have confidence in KJH. He has stood up for CSH and shown her how much he loved her by taking small steps so as not to scare her. He of course knew about her traumatic time with her MIL.

They had just kissed and hugged and emotionally, they're even closer now. KJH is not going to let his beloved woman go nor allow himself to be intimidated. CSH knows enough not to let KJH be hurt. 

I'm hoping to see yet another case of KJH & CSH being united to fight their foes, not give up their love. Let's remain optimistic and for once , I'm glad that KJH is "stubborn" and "pursues something when he's hooked"..as divulged by HI.

The way things moved, I hope that  they'll grow stronger with each hurdle.

PBG is exceptionally brilliant in all aspects in "Boyfriend" and Song Hye Kyo silenced all her critics with her pairing with a younger man plus married too - she shines totally in her role. They're dazzling together and I just love every minute of KJH & CSH protecting their love for each other. 

We need more hugs & kisses from our OTP..  ..:D

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1