[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

I read some fans mentioned Kim Jin Hyuk in Sukcho has one good point even he had to be far from CSH, Kim Jin Hyuk's hair style might be the best.

Plus, some Park Bo Gum fans satisfied with this Sukcho Reception Boy hair style, esp. compared to some of his real life's hair style which fans can even say no no obviously. :lol:

Capture of the card here, could anyone translate for us? Is it Kim Jin Hyuk'a hand which held this card or not?

KJH-hand.jpg

Spoiler

KJH-hand2.jpg

Jinhyuk-suit.jpg

KJH-1.jpg

• Like 12
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Looks like we have our answer about that card

credits to people that are in the image

This reminded of the welcome card to newly hired employees from CEO Cha Soo Hyun that Kim Jin Hyuk treasured so much even on the last day before relocating to Sukcho. :huh:

• Like 7

In all episodes, JH only wears tie on his work and events related to work or dates with SH after work. In other times, his casual jackets/coats and his new uniform requires no tie. But in the filming with his father he wears one. If he's not back at  pr department, A different position in sokcho? New work? 

Just my thought:

We all agree that its a right decision for JH to be transferred to sokcho.

But now that things are out of their hands and the obstacles are doubling their efforts, i think its time for them to be physically together. They need each other strength and support system. Being apart just adds up their worries and become more vulnerable.

• Like 11

13 hours ago, stardustvoid said:

I don’t know how I feel about CSH giving up now as I think she has come so far as a character, but I guess when you care so much about a person and their life and privacy is on the line, it cannot be helped. I’m really, really curious about how the writer will deliver this.

Sacrifice is part of being a couple but I hope that writer-nim focuses instead on the true beauty of being a couple, which is oneness.  As opposed to each of them saying I am letting the relationship go for the sake of the other, would it not be refreshing to see CSH & KJH sit together and say I want to remain as a couple and what is the best way the two of us can work toward that goal?  Together they could come to a decision that would be satisfying for both of them.  Not to say that there should not be challenges because, without those, there really would not be a reason to watch.  However, that is where real growth as a couple begins.

Perhaps in speaking, they might come to the conclusion that CSH needs to do what needs to be done to defend Dongwa Hotel and her position there while KJH remains safe in Sokcho.  This will allow her to focus on the primary task without her needing to worry about KJH.  During this time there is no reason why the two of them can't Skype, text, email, and send little gifts to each other to keep the romance going.  Likewise, KJH can do what he does best, which is encouraging CSH to go beyond the limits imposed by others and to let her know that she is loved and cherished as she is.

I just see this as a different approach to the show as opposed to the complete and utter sacrifice route we see so often in KDramas. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Encounter' Episode 9 Spoilers: Jin Hyuk's Family Gets Involve In His Affair With Soo Hyun

BY JESSICA RAPIR / DEC 27, 2018 04:05 AM EST
jin-hyuks-family-gets-involve-in-his-affair-with-soo-hyun-in-the-upcoming-encounter-episode-9-photo-by-tvn-drama-facebook.jpg?w=750

Jin Hyuk's family gets involve in his affair with Soo Hyun in the upcoming 'Encounter' Episode 9. Photo by tvN 

It looks like the bliss that Kim Jin Hyuk and Cha Soo Hyun felt when they shared a kiss in the previous episode of Encounter will be short lived as more challenges are about to rock their new relationship. It looks like Chairman Kim will not stop until her son and Soo Hyun will get back together especially now that she knows that her son still loves his ex-wife.

In the upcoming Encounter Episode 9, the head of the Taekyung Group will make another move to end Soo Hyun's (Song Hye Kyo) relationship with her employee Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum). It seems like her plan this time will involve the family of Jin Hyuk.

In a sneak peek for the upcoming episode, Jin Hyuk's mother and brother look bothered by something. Soo Hyun, on the other hand, seems to have been looking for her boyfriend..

The teaser suggests that Jin Hyuk's mother, YeonJa (Baek Ji Won), finds out about the affair of his son with his boss as she is seen looking at Soo Hyun's shoes at her son's room. Jin Hyuk explains to his mother that he got the shoes from his trip to Cuba and he plans to use them as props on his photo shoot.

Jin Myung (Block B member P.O) is also seen trying to call his older brother, Jin Hyuk. He is possibly warning Jin Hyuk that his secret has already been revealed to their parents.

Meanwhile, Jin Hyuk's friend and co-worker Jo Hye In (Jeon So Ni) is also seen looking upset. Her job could also be at risk because of her friend. Chairman Kim (Cha Hwa Yeon) earlier ordered a man to approach Hye In and offered her promotion in the company if she will write an anonymous post about Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun. She turned down the offer.

Chairman Kim or her son, Jung Woo Seok (Jang Seung Jo), may possibly be harassing the people close to Jin Hyuk so he will end his relationship with Soo Hyun. Chairwoman Cha earlier confronted Woo Seok on how he had to pay a woman to look like he is having an affair so he could divorce Soo Hyun and cut her ties to his family. Woo Seok admitted to his plan but told his mother that his ex-wife has nothing to do with it. He also confessed to his mother that he still love Soo Hyun.

After learning about Jin Hyuk's transfer to Sokcho, Woo Seok also paid Soo Hyun a visit to confirm it. He admitted to her that misses her.

Encounter is taking a break this week and will air brand new episode right after New Year's Day. Episode 9 will air on January 2 at 9:30 p.m. on tvN.

Meanwhile, Encounter lead stars Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo lead the December brand reputation ranking for K-drama stars. The two topped this month's list of Korean Business Research Institute at No. 1 and No. 2 respectively.

Source Credit @http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/46470/20181227/encounter-episode-9-spoilers-jin-hyuks-family-gets-involve-in-his-affair-with-soo-hyun.htm

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, roshzanna said:

In all episodes, JH only wears tie on his work and events related to work or dates with SH after work. In other times, his casual jackets/coats and his new uniform requires no tie. But in the filming with his father he wears one. If he's not back at  pr department, A different position in sokcho? New work? 

Just my thought:

We all agree that its a right decision for JH to be transferred to sokcho.

But now that things are out of their hands and the obstacles are doubling their efforts, i think its time for them to be physically together. They need each other strength and support system. Being apart just adds up their worries and become more vulnerable.

Yup, i also noticed that JH wears suits, when he met his appa.

Hopefully he'll get back to head office

• Like 7

I am rewatching Episode 3.  When Manager Nam and KJH are driving home from Sokcho, KJH asks, "Do you thinking she is spending time, or enduring it?"  What a great line!  He is already becoming empathetic to her feelings and moods after such a short time together.  It speaks well to how strong their love will grow.  Lot's of great lines in this series.  I hope we continue to see great lines spoken by KJH and CSH during the upcoming episodes.

A more serious undertone in the plot happens right before that as they are leaving CSH for the night.  Note Manager Nam's expressions as he sees the sleeping pills and his subsequent actions.  I wonder if this presents itself again in a later episode.  CSH does not realize how serious taking sleep medication can be.  KJH was quite right in their first meeting when he said taking a sleeping pill and then going out in Havana was dangerous.  I am hoping that through CSH & KJH growing love, she won't need the sleeping pills anymore.  I took Ambien for a short time a few years ago to help sleep and once woke up about a block from my home sitting under a tree.  I have heard that some folks woke up while driving a car.  Wow, that is scary! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, larrysouth said:

A more serious undertone in the plot happens right before that as they are leaving CSH for the night.  Note Manager Nam's expressions as he sees the sleeping pills and his subsequent actions.  I wonder if this presents itself again in a later episode.  CSH does not realize how serious taking sleep medication can be.  KJH was quite right in their first meeting when he said taking a sleeping pill and then going out in Havana was dangerous.  I am hoping that through CSH & KJH growing love, she won't need the sleeping pills anymore.  I took Ambien for a short time a few years ago to help sleep and once woke up about a block from my home sitting under a tree.  I have heard that some folks woke up while driving a car.  Wow, that is scary! 

While her insomnia has not been brought up anymore since Episode 3, if and when it gets brought up again I think somehow they will show that she won’t be needing it anymore since she has someone to sleep beside with, JH. I swear, I’m not a pervert LOL, but this I think would be a nice conclusion to that little issue

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gigivillaceran said:

Encounter' Episode 9 Spoilers: Jin Hyuk's Family Gets Involve In His Affair With Soo Hyun

BY JESSICA RAPIR / DEC 27, 2018 04:05 AM EST

Ummm. Sign.  I wanna watch more and more about KJH and CSH what the obstacles they wil face and how they can treasure their love.

For Kim Jin Hyuk, he himself might be able to bear any difficulties but his dearly parents(who have worked so hard for KJH and family) and his friend(who has had great friendship for years) will be impacted from his choice of girlfriend, it could be beyond the limits. A person is a boyfreind to a woman but he is still a son to his parents and a friend to his friend, that is the life.

For Cha Soo Hyun, Kim Jin Hyuk insisted human's life should be designated by oneself but Kim Jin Hyuk's beloved parents and friend would be new challenging factor.

However, could audiences still hope for light at the end of the tunnel? 

20181229-682-COVER-pak.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1