Birthday!

Lmangla

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Happy birthday to all the July babies of Soompi!

can you believe that half the year has already flown by? how has 2019 been so far for you? wishing you all good changes in the second half of the year. the theme for this month is "change"

drama: @Ameera Ali notes that many of the current dramas including Perfume and Angel's last mission all are centered on theme of change. are you watching them? do you like?

MV:

@sushilicious recommends: I like this song called Please Don't the MV has one of the biggest twist ending ever. Haha

ooh, it has seo in gook!

trivia: with political dramas like aide of staff and the upcoming designated survivor, lets look at the national assembly building hall. this is what it looks like:

getImage?srvcId=MEDIA&parentSn=3230&file

You can tour the building as a tourist but you have to book it 3 days in advance.

http://english.visitseoul.net/attractions/National-Assembly-Building_/5763

Curious about anything that you watch in dramas and wonder why -- ask us and we will see if it can be answered in the next month's birthday wishes. If you watch lots of dramas or know a lot of kpop, raise your hand and you can help contribute to recommendations. If you have made a FMV for a drama you are watching and would love to share for the next birthday post, do tag me or @sushilicious and let us know!  

To see the list of birthdays by dates, check out: https://forums.soompi.com/en/calendar/The feature beneath "who's online" (main page bottom) lets you see the members who are celebrating their birthdays that day. If you see your chingu's name here, don't forget to wish them happy birthday!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah! Happy birthday to all the people that were born in August! My mother, my grandmother, and my sister were born in august. So I have two more birthdays coming. There are a lot of famous people born in august. If you want to, go on https://www.sunsigns.org/ and search for who was born on the same day as you. When we were kids, we loved the history lessons, because of that. When we studied some new historical person, and he was born on the same day as us, we took his name. And we thought that we were just as cool as they were.

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Dhara says

Really sushi? You even spell my name wrong. <_<

Well I could pull out "Mother" here again, but....let me see if I know another sob drama....

Problem is most of my dramas have more or less just one scene that makes you sob like a waterfall, but the drama in general isn't very touching or makes you cry a lot.

I probably would go with "Children of Nobody" because it touches multiple cases of child abuse and shows different cases of human failure. It shows a lot of different ways how parents can do horrible things to their kids, without even knowing they do bad stuff. 

It really touches your hurt to see different kids suffer in so many different ways. You can relate to the cops, because they see so many disgusting and horrible things. 

Actually there is something known as catharsis in drama, it means purgation, or in simple words pity and fear. The viewer feels pity for the character and fear of suffering from a similar situation, so crying cleans the soul (this is part of Aristotle's theory about tragedy).  That's what I felt in the drama I chose because the character suffered from a series of unhappy situations that led him to take revenge then die at the end. There's no romance about it but the actor's  acting was so convincing,  and his interaction with his mother in a love-hate relationship was worth watching, it changed from hate to love.

images-3.jpg

images.jpg

images-4.jpg

I'm a September child and gosh indeed how quickly time flies! Already just 3 months left to 2020 it's just bananas! 

My b'day had always been a non-event, pretty much like my existence ha-ha:P I just finished Hotel Del Luna. It felt really anti climactic to me for some reason :lol: Despite that it got me reflecting on the life I've had so far.. the people I've met or will meet in the future etc.. More over it was very personal as it dealt with issues of separation, death, reunion, etc. Personal for me as I've lost loved ones so those aforementioned themes were strongly felt.

I've always loved Five for Fighting's "100 Years" it just aptly describes life. 

• 1 month later...

Happy birthday to all the October babies of Soompi!

The star sign for October babies is mostly Libra and the zodiac sign is depicted by picture of scales. So the theme for this month is "justice"

drama: while there are many dramas around this theme, there are also movie thrillers that are quite well known.  were you sitting on the edge of your seat as you watched? what would be your suggestions?

The Classified File: A detective and a fortune teller join hands to find a missing girl. Will they be successful?

220px-The_Classified_File-poster.jpg

suits: did the re-make about a lawyer and his assistant (who is pretending to be a lawyer) live up to your expectations? is it worth watching? what did folks think?

suits-002.jpg?w=820

trivia: in many korean dramas, the characters will be seen wearing red shirts while watching a football match on tv.  red is the traditional shirt color of the South Korean national team, who are consequently nicknamed "the Reds", while the fans are called "the Red Devils".

enjoy your birthday!

web_400_scr_chocmint_1.png

re: @Sushimi

Satirical drama in which an idealistic lawyer who tries to win cases for clients trapped in a hypocritical and corrupt legal system finds himself defending a venal and self-righteous judge accused of rape. The judge wrongly assumes the lawyer's ideals and disdain for the courts will drive him to get an acquittal, despite the evidence and the loathing they have for each other.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/...And_Justice_for_All.

Al Pacino ends up defending the woman and attacking his client the corrupt judge

Spoiler

As the trial opens, Fleming makes a casual remark to Arthur about wanting to rape the victim again, which pushes an already disgusted Arthur to a breaking point. In his opening statement, Arthur begins by mocking Bowers' case while speculating on the ultimate objective of the American legal system. He appears to be making a strong case to exonerate Fleming – but then, unexpectedly, he bursts out that the prosecution is not going to get Fleming, because he is going to get him and declares that his client is guilty. Judge Rayford yells that Arthur is "out of order," to which Arthur retorts, "You're out of order! You're out of order! The whole trial is out of order! They'reout of order!" Arthur is dragged out of the courtroom, venting his rage all the way and condemning Fleming for his and the legal system's abuse of the law. As the courtroom spectators (including Gail) cheer for Arthur, Fleming sits down in defeat, and a fed-up Rayford storms out.

In the end, Arthur sits on the courthouse's steps, knowing his antics will probably cost him his career in law. An apparently cured Jay passes by and tips his wig to Arthur in greeting, leaving him sitting on the steps in disbelief.

Archived