[Drama 2018] Where Stars Land / Fox Bride Star ★ 여우각시별

Maetawinz

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Just finished watching with subs.... it's still a very tense last 10 minutes for me even though I knew what was happening.

Forgive me for saying this, but I somehow feel that SY may die? I don't know why he was talking about feeling glad knowing that GES who likes YR is a good person. It's like he's preparing to leave YR....

Or, SIW will sacrifice himself so as to save SY from the thugs.

On a rewatch, I still so wanna smack Cho and that other guy. Seeing their smug faces really makes my blood boil...

Prepare for a time jump, chingus... Because I am sure that green vial thing will get to be used, and then SY will take quite some time to heal. At least Jang will need time to repair his implanted chip and outer devices. This show should've been a 20-episodes (or rather 40 episodes) drama. Then it would have been so much better a ride. I'm praying we'll have a good finale episode, otherwise I'll be so disappointed with this drama that could've been a great drama.

I had the same fear @ktcjdrama Especially because he said those words to KES... I just re-watched again last night’s episode :tears: 

But I really, really, really hope it won’t be the case. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It boggles my mind that, in the penultimate episode, this writer decided to focus on the weakest part of the drama (anything related to IW) instead of its strength (anything N.O.T related to IW). I know that kdrama writers have quite uneven records in terms of creating a satisfying ending, but seriously, WTF show?!

(sorry for the angry rant, but I need to get this out of my chest :sweatingbullets:)

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Just finished watching with subs.... it's still a very tense last 10 minutes for me even though I knew what was happening.

Forgive me for saying this, but I somehow feel that SY may die? I don't know why he was talking about feeling glad knowing that GES who likes YR is a good person. It's like he's preparing to leave YR....

@ktcjdrama  I got that same vibe as well while watching that scene.  The extent of the infection is such that it will take several months at the very least to treat it and there is in fact a good chance that the infection might already be fatal.  It is also very likely that should the infection not kill him, it might cause his body to totally reject all the implanted devices which are necessary to operate the bionic arm and leg.  If that happens, he will never be able to use them again.

Sadly, it did sound as though SY was thinking that his time is running short and was looking to GES to look after YR when he was gone.  However, I have faith in writer-nim to come up with a miracle to save SY from the thugs and to recover his health so that he can have that well deserved vacation with YR.

kinda bit draggy in when they go for ending,i was happy when they focus on yeo rum and soo yeon work at airport and love story at first,but the gangster thing and soo yeon stubborness make the story a bit draggy.1 eps to go i wonder how they managed it ???!

The encounter between ODK and NYJ after the flower incident was just amazing.  Some really great chemistry in that scene between the actors.  The change in NYJ's speech to ODK is so subtle when she responds to his question about why she thought he was angry with her.  Her tone was much softer and unsure.  There was also that slight elevation in her pitch that made her sound much more feminine.  ODK's confession regarding why he liked NYJ was just so heartfelt.  You have to admire him for being so soft and honest in his response, even though NYJ already shot him down.  That actually took a lot of bravery on his part to be so open even though from his perspective, he really has no chance with her.  It was in that brief exchange between the two of them where you could actually see her feelings turn to attraction and love for ODK.  When the camera focuses on her finger fidget with her pocket and suddenly her finger drops, it is that moment where you can tell that she went OMO, my heart is fluttering!  That was such a well done scene.  NYJ's self slap to the head, was the jewel in the crown of that scene as she tries to shake off those feelings of attraction but I am afraid she has already fallen hopelessly in love with him.

:love:

1 hour ago, larrysouth said:

The encounter between ODK and NYJ after the flower incident was just amazing.  Some really great chemistry in that scene between the actors.  The change in NYJ's speech to ODK is so subtle when she responds to his question about why she thought he was angry with her.  Her tone was much softer and unsure.  There was also that slight elevation in her pitch that made her sound much more feminine.  ODK's confession regarding why he liked NYJ was just so heartfelt.  You have to admire him for being so soft and honest in his response, even though NYJ already shot him down.  That actually took a lot of bravery on his part to be so open even though from his perspective, he really has no chance with her.  It was in that brief exchange between the two of them where you could actually see her feelings turn to attraction and love for ODK.  When the camera focuses on her finger fidget with her pocket and suddenly her finger drops, it is that moment where you can tell that she went OMO, my heart is fluttering!  That was such a well done scene.  NYJ's self slap to the head, was the jewel in the crown of that scene as she tries to shake off those feelings of attraction but I am afraid she has already fallen hopelessly in love with him.

:love:

I really love this scene too... especially that slap to her head, with the jerking herself awake and eyes widening before the slap.

Honestly have not watched the last episode, but reading the comments... i'm kinda disappointed where the drama is going... 

I'm going to wait for the final episodes so i can watch them all together. 

hoping the preview will shred some light on the last episode.  :anguished:

on the other hand, i just finished watching The Beauty Inside, really got to say, I hope this drama heads towards that direction with the last episode. crossing my fingers. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Waiting for the preview to be released, hopefully by tomorrow at the latest. 

Reading comments dissecting the second couple  and loving them.  I feel like ODG should give NYJ a run for her money now.  Since he has come to terms with his feelings for her and looks ready to move on and respect her rejection,  i hope she will be the one to pursue him now.  Guess it wont happen because the drama is ending soon but i imagine how cool would it be if ODG goes on a blind date to appease his family and we see jealous YJ again.

On a side note,  this might sound pervy of me,  but Lee Jae Hoon is way too ripped to realistically portray SY.  I kept looking at all those pics of him shirtless or sleeveless.  How does a person who supposedly was wheelchair-bound for 11 years look that good? I guess he exercised crazily in the past 1 year?  :lol:

1 hour ago, TheMsChelsea91 said:

On a side note,  this might sound pervy of me,  but Lee Jae Hoon is way too ripped to realistically portray SY.  I kept looking at all those pics of him shirtless or sleeveless.  How does a person who supposedly was wheelchair-bound for 11 years look that good? I guess he exercised crazily in the past 1 year?  :lol:

I noticed it too... but since I am overlooking the super strength bionic arm, I shall overlook those arm muscles too.. lol

Reading comments dissecting the second couple  and loving them.  I feel like ODG should give NYJ a run for her money now.  Since he has come to terms with his feelings for her and looks ready to move on and respect her rejection,  i hope she will be the one to pursue him now.  Guess it wont happen because the drama is ending soon but i imagine how cool would it be if ODG goes on a blind date to appease his family and we see jealous YJ again.

Sign me up for that scene! There's so much we'd love to see from our awesome second couple, which in part is why it's so difficult to watch all the scenes we are getting with IW. 

I'd also like a scene where they're patrolling as usual and ODG continues to be the gentleman he is, helping older ladies with their bags, looking after children who are running around, all the usual stuff, and a passenger a staff member from one of the stores starts hitting on him.

In the opening episodes we had the staff swooning over LSY, it would be funny to see them doing so over ODG while he's with NYJ!

2 hours ago, unhelpful said:

Sign me up for that scene! There's so much we'd love to see from our awesome second couple, which in part is why it's so difficult to watch all the scenes we are getting with IW. 

I'd also like a scene where they're patrolling as usual and ODG continues to be the gentleman he is, helping older ladies with their bags, looking after children who are running around, all the usual stuff, and a passenger a staff member from one of the stores starts hitting on him.

In the opening episodes we had the staff swooning over LSY, it would be funny to see them doing so over ODG while he's with NYJ!

Oooo,  flirty airport staff,  sign me up for that too.  I do feel like YJ has progressed a lot because when she spoke to ODG about his feelings for her, she didnt appear cold and stoic but there was genuine warmth and gentleness in her tone.  Remember annoying YJ who berated ODG for actually worrying about her injury?  Yeah, goodbye to that for good and hello human YJ with feelings and actual friends and a bestie.  

ODG has done his part IMO.  He tried to get the girl but did not want to disrespect her by pushing and pestering her.  He also understood the need to maintain a good working relationship with her.  So not only is he good looking,  he is also kind, considerate,  and sensible. YJ needs to get a taste of regret if she lets him go,stat!  And besides,  looks like their Boss aka Mr Choi seems to support their romance too. 

And yes,  pointless and draggy plots on SIW,  which is weird since im a huge fan of LDG.  But yeah,  he is supposed to be a bigger character thab ODG and NYJ so understandably the story would focus on him

18 minutes ago, TheMsChelsea91 said:

And yes,  pointless and draggy plots on SIW,  which is weird since im a huge fan of LDG.  But yeah,  he is supposed to be a bigger character thab ODG and NYJ so understandably the story would focus on him

Earlier in the thread I commented that I never thought I would ever hate LDG's drama characters... but he is that good an actor that I really disliked him so much as SIW...

As we approach the finale episode, I honestly am feeling more and more worried that we'll have a train-wreck of an ending... I still can't imagine how all the stories are going to be tied up. The writer (and director) must be a genius for being able to finish everything nicely in 60 minutes.... :huh:

If no one is taking ODK and/or GES, can I have them? B)

7 hours ago, TheMsChelsea91 said:

On a side note,  this might sound pervy of me,  but Lee Jae Hoon is way too ripped to realistically portray SY.  I kept looking at all those pics of him shirtless or sleeveless.  How does a person who supposedly was wheelchair-bound for 11 years look that good? I guess he exercised crazily in the past 1 year?

But wheelchair-bound people really have pretty good arms muscles. In order to lift themselves properly and turn the wheels without electricity. Some of them take part in sports, some of them goes all the way to Paralympic games. Archery, power-lifting, swimming, indoor rowing and another kinds of sports. 

Of course, in SY case there must be body disproportion. He has permanent nerve damage on his arm and leg, those muscles couldn't work at all, so they degenerate. But we have a completely fantastic bionic mechanisms, so I tend to overlook such detail.:)

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Earlier in the thread I commented that I never thought I would ever hate LDG's drama characters... but he is that good an actor that I really disliked him so much as SIW...

As we approach the finale episode, I honestly am feeling more and more worried that we'll have a train-wreck of an ending... I still can't imagine how all the stories are going to be tied up. The writer (and director) must be a genius for being able to finish everything nicely in 60 minutes.... :huh:

If no one is taking ODK and/or GES, can I have them? B)

Oh my,  yes please, i want either ODG or GES too.  They need someone who can appreciate them lol.. 

33 minutes ago, Irly said:

But wheelchair-bound people really have pretty good arms muscles. In order to lift themselves properly and turn the wheels without electricity. Some of them take part in sports, some of them goes all the way to Paralympic games. Archery, power-lifting, swimming, indoor rowing and another kinds of sports. 

Of course, in SY case there must be body disproportion. He has permanent nerve damage on his arm and leg, those muscles couldn't work at all, so they degenerate. But we have a completely fantastic bionic mechanisms, so I tend to overlook such detail.:)

Right,  i forgot to factor in paralympic sports.  Regardless,  i dont care too much about factual accuracy in a drama.  Lee jae hoon does get to showcase his beautiful body and cry a  lot in the drama so hey - i'm a happy fan..:grimace:

Which brings me to my next issue.  How late are they filming this drama anyway?  The drama ends next week and i still see fancams of LJH at the airport filming today.  Wow, talk about last minute and rushing...  They better not mess with the ending quality.. 

Also,  does that mean we get kind of a spoiler for the ending?  Since LJH is filmed walking around, does that mean SY wont end up getting a permanent damage and being wheelchair-bound for life?  Since obviously they must have filmed the last ep right?? 

Which brings me to my next issue.  How late are they filming this drama anyway?  The drama ends next week and i still see fancams of LJH at the airport filming today.  Wow, talk about last minute and rushing...  They better not mess with the ending quality.. 

Also,  does that mean we get kind of a spoiler for the ending?  Since LJH is filmed walking around, does that mean SY wont end up getting a permanent damage and being wheelchair-bound for life?  Since obviously they must have filmed the last ep right?? 

My guess, maybe there would be a time jump, I'm okay with it as long as it is executed well, I also saw a little difference on soobin's hair. I mean, I don't know if it is a change in hairstyle, but she parted her hair a bit to the right lol. 

I tried to think any possibilities about the ending which satisfy me the most, I wish lee sooyeon and seo inwoo plan something with the harddisk to deal with director jo, I don't care if it would hurt inwoo but I also get myself ready to shed tears if there is a touching brotherly moment.

I don't know how or whether yeoreum will apply the medicine or that green thing to sooyeon but I wish sooyeon would remove his prothetics and resign from airport, having some trip with yeoreum before going back to develop a safer device with mr. jang for some amount of time and then baaam he's going to the airport to pick up yeoreum. I prefer him to become a researcher :D

This is her recent update with a bit different hair for me :lol:

[Fox Bride Star] Eps 23-30 spoilers, Chae Soo Bin x Lee Je Hoon

fox.png

Article: Naver 'Fox Bride Star' Lee Je Hoon, Chae Soo Bin x Kim Yeo Jin have a meal together [Eps 23 & 24] 

1. [+118,-1]
Lee Je Hoon's acting is got more amazing today... He has to receive an award... He did so well, wow.... His acting is no joke.. 

2. [+43,-0]
Je Hoon's acting, and his back muscles are the best!!! 

3. [+32,-0]
Daesang God-Je Hoon!! Seriously, his acting.. 

4. [+27,-1]
The double date scene today ㅠㅠ was cute. 

5. [+20,-0]
This is a drama that Lee Je Hoon grabbed by the collar and dragged it along. He's so scary when he beats someone up, but his eyes were dripping honey when he kisses. Does he run a bee farm... 

6. [+20,-0]
Lee Je Hoon is no joke today. ㅠㅜ When he fell from the wheelchair, his neck vein were popping out, and his acting when he tears up... and lastly, why does his body look so good? 

7. [+16,-0]
I sense a daesang coming. I didn't watch Lee Je Hoon for a while, but his acting is amazing. 

8. [+15,-0]
Lee Je Hoon... I was in awe watching his acting... Wow, his eyes are sexy even for a guy... Let's get an award~~~ 

Spoiler

bride.png

1. [+138,-0]
Empty out Lee Je Hoon's schedules at the end of the year, so that he can attend the awards ceremony.. His eyes speaks 50,000 words. ㅠㅠ

2. [+138,-6]
I like the Soo Yeon x Yeo Reum couple, but I really like Dae Gi x Young Joo security team couple. ㅎㅎㅎㅎ

3. [+71,-1]
My heart fluttered so much at Lee Je Hoon's wall slam today. ㅠㅠ His voice has always made my heart flutter too. ㅠㅠ GakByeol, love you. ♡♡

4. [+58,-2]
Lee Je Hoon's acting skills are amazing today too.. He's a genius in acting. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Pitiful+Sadness+Anger, he has no problems. ㅠㅠㅠ Let's get an award.. 

5. [+41,-5]
GakByeol, let's be happy. ㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+15,-0]
Looks like Lee Je Hoon is getting a daesang this year end. 

7. [+12,-1]
I think Lee Dong Gun is treating Lee Soo Yeon and his father badly to protect them. He ran away when the accident happened because he wanted to lure those gangsters away. He's afraid that the gangsters would kill Soo Yeon if he doesn't run. 

8. [+9,-0]
I'm worried that it will be a sad ending. 

Spoiler

land.png

Article: Naver 'Fox Bride Star' Lee Je Hoon surrounded by Yoon Joo Man and his gang, 'a very dangerous situation'  [Eps 27 & 28] 

1. [+238,-8]
Lee Je Hoon's eyes are no joke.. when he met the gangsters, that was so cool and scary + when he talks to Prof Jang, his tears.. ㅠㅠㅠ His acting is so good. 

2. [+151,-3]
This time, I hope Lee Dong Gun saves his brother and repay him back for running away when he was young. 

3. [+125,-1]
Why is Lee Je Hoon walking the sad path on his own? My heart breaks watching that... Let's just be happy now... 

4. [+96,-3]
If he gets hit there... I'll hate the scriptwriter. ㅠㅠ

5. [+69,-3]
Please let Soo Yeon, Yeo Reum, Dae Gi, Young Joo be happy. 

6. [+36,-0]
Seems like Lee Soo Yeon is still going to go through hardships. I feel bad for him. It's a dream for him to live simple routine life as a first-degree disabled person. But his wearables are giving him side effects. He won't be able to promise Han Yeo Reum who is his first love in his life anything, which is depressing. He's already suffering, but now he has to deal with Yoon Joo Man and his people. This is too cruel to Lee Soo Yeon, he's pitiful. Please, I hope someone saves him. It would be good if a miraculous hope comes to Lee Soo Yeon.  

7. [+35,-1]
Please don't end Fox Bride Star. Lee Je Hoon's eyes are insane. 

8. [+33,-0]
Lee Soo Yeon is the one who wants to live the most, my heart broke. Lee Je Hoon's acting is insanely good that my heart hurts so much. Yeo Reum who's unable to do anything is cute too, Lee Soo Yeon who is anxious is cute too. Ah, it's sad. 

9. [+32,-0]
I hope Lee Je Hoon films lots of dramas. I want to see him every day. 

bridestar.png

Article: Naver 'Fox Bride Star' "I won't ever run away" Will Lee Dong Gun protect Lee Je Hoon who is in danger?  [Eps 29 & 30] 

1. [+209,-5]
It feels like I could see how good Lee Je Hoon's acting is again through this drama. He's tearing up again, but sometimes he looks guilty, at times, he's regretful+feeling despair... his eyes are different depending on the situation. I think that's a strength of his. I hope he gets a year-end award. I'll see him next Monday on the final episode. 

2. [+108,-14]
If not for the baseball games, today would be the last episode. 

3. [+101,-7]
On the last episode, I hope Soo Yeon, Yeo Reum, Dae Gi, Young Joo date prettily. 

4. [+85,-10]
The chemistry between Lee Soo Yeon and Chae Soo Bin is amazing. 

5. [+44,-10]
Because Lee Je Hoon and Chae Soo Bin were the ones acting as Lee Soo Yeon and Han Yeo Reum, I'm thankful. My heart fluttered, and it was healing. I was happy. ♡

6. [+33,-0]
My heart throbbed at Lee Soo Yeon's voice. 

7. [+28,-0]
It was so scary when his nose bled, my heart hurts. Please let the two be together. 

8. [+24,-0]
Lee Je Hoon's voice is really healing. 

cr

Archived