[Drama 2018] Where Stars Land / Fox Bride Star ★ 여우각시별

Maetawinz

First time to post in this thread but I want to share my thoughts before the final episode.

I felt this drama had a lot of potential plotlines that went unrealized.

As with the other comments, I also felt the gang story is unnecessary but I guess they needed it for SIW’s character.  I would have wanted the story to have focused more on their broken brother relationship and how they could have reconciled.  We didn’t really see them interacting much on the drama which is why I don’t really care if they mend their relationship or not.

As for the lead couple, some parts were a bit draggy.  For SY, since this is essentially his journey, I would have wanted him to learn and accept that he can still have a complete and victorious life with or without the support devices in his arm and leg.

For the supporting casts, the budding relationship of the 2nd lead couple, I have no complaints.  Their story were written well.  I would have wanted to learn more about the other supporting casts though, like their lady boss.  I was really interested with her story on the first few eps, because there were hints that she might have had a past relationship with SIW.  Mr Choi seemed to know a lot about her.  I woudn’t mind them having a relationship as well.  What’s the story about her brother? How did she get to know SY?  So many questions...

Some plotlines were also introduced but not explored like the girl manager that was cheated on by her husband.  What happened to the guy who spread the rumors, wasn’t he supposed to apologize?  So frustrating...

Lastly, I enjoyed watching the 1st few episodes because the way they incorporated the different airport situations with the main story plot was seamless and was quite interesting.  Sadly, as the drama progressed, the airport situations became more of an afterthought (example: episode with the flowers and the inspector), the valet service illegal limousine situation.. which is a shame because i really liked the episode when they dealt with the emergency landing and the one with the immigration problem of the one with the baby.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@millicom, agree with you that so many plotlines were not explored to pave way for the thug storyline.  Sometimes i wonder whether the live-filming situation affected the story progression. With so much ideas at hand,  they really should've just made this a longer drama.  

Also,  been looking at more bts pics and although we can rejoice to see a walking SY, i noted that pics of LJH taken showed him not wearing the airport staff lanyard even though he seems to be dressed for work.  My opinion is, after the whole thug story boils over, he will finally take the time to recuperate.  Maybe in the meantime Jang can come up with wearables version 2.0 and the ending is set in the future where SY and YR will meet at the airport.  Him in a healthier shape while she continues working at the airport. I think they have to jump the timeline to tie things up nicely.  Like whether Yang and Choi will date lol.. And whether GES meets someone new..  And what happens with my favecm security couple.  As what @11moonstone also mentioned earlier about the time jump and YR's different hair parting (sharp eyes btw), which i totally agree.  

@ktcjdrama, they probably stuffed his nose with the liquid before filming. I mean,  i get it when we see blood dripping down his nose, but that toilet scene where the blood wouldnt stop dripping looked painful to me because LJH must've stuffed his nose with tons of it.  

Speaking of which, i am amazed by LJH's stellar acting.  His role is not easy at all and he literally shed tears almost every episode. I became his fan watching tomorrow with you,  then that movie where he spoke flawless accented English and i was shocked to know that he learned English for the role,  not because he was fluent from the get go,  and now this. Dude deserves a Daesang, that one i agree with some netizens'opinions. He should get more lead roles after this,  please.

Okay, moving on from a brief gushing over the actor,  anyone remembers what is the targeted ratings?  I remember the cast promising to serve coffee at incheon airport to the real life airport staff. Read that last ep already reached 12% so i think they targeted 10%??

8 hours ago, TheMsChelsea91 said:

@ktcjdrama, they probably stuffed his nose with the liquid before filming. I mean,  i get it when we see blood dripping down his nose, but that toilet scene where the blood wouldnt stop dripping looked painful to me because LJH must've stuffed his nose with tons of it. 

That's the thing, you can only stuff so much liquid up the nose. Even with very little, it is extremely, I repeat, extremely, extremely, uncomfortable. Not to mention NGs and if he had to repeat that scene. But especially the toilet scene, where it's bleeding like a leaking faucet... that looks very real. I've seen with my own eyes before, so that scene was very well produced. Normally, we would only be shown blood on the hand, under the nose, but we're seeing it in action, the blood dripping out the nostrils. They're certainly very serious in presenting to us the severity of his condition.

I was guessing that they might have inserted a medical silicone pipe in his nose, but then where does it end? I mean where is the "blood" stored? and how do they trigger it to flow? See, I badly want a BTS please.....

November 23, 2018

Lee Je Hoon Thanks Yoon Kyun Sang For Gift On Set

Source: Soompi  by L. Kim

Lee Je Hoon Thanks Yoon Kyun Sang For Gift On Set

Yoon Kyun Sang recently showed support for Lee Je Hoon and his current drama “Where Stars Land” by gifting hot drinks to the cast and crew.

On November 21, Lee Je Hoon uploaded photos of a hot drink from Yoon Kyun Sang and wrote, “Kyun Sang, thank you. I will enjoy drinking it.”

The cup includes a reference to Lee Je Hoon’s character Soo Yeon. It reads, “Have a hot drink that is as warm as Soo Yeon’s smile. From Je Hoon’s friend Yoon Kyun Sang.”

The two actors became friends on tvN’s “Three Meals a Day.” Currently, Lee Je Hoon is starring in “Where Stars Land,” while Yoon Kyun Sang will be returning to the small screen through “Clean with Passion for Now.”

Source (1)

Archived