[Drama 2018] Where Stars Land / Fox Bride Star ★ 여우각시별

Maetawinz

Omo, the preview.  The guy who comes with the thugs to men's restroom for revenge on LSY, he is the guy who stabbed YR, isn't it?  So he is getting back at LSY for beating him up.  LSY is in deep trouble.  Already IW connected gang is targeting him.  Moreover, he is already sick.  These are all no- good signs.  Hope there is a happy ending for our couple.

I think from the preview, he beat all the thugs who came upon him.  In the preview, IW asks him does he know who he has messed with by beating the thugs.  

Also, his nose is bleeding when he was with YR.  Maybe she accompanied him to the men's restroom when this guy comes to revenge on LSY.  Since she identified the guy is there for some trouble to LSY, she went to ODG/ NJ for help.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was expecting to be angry at SY for being so stubborn about his own health in this episode. But his conversation with Mr. Jang shed so much heartbreaking insights into his psyche. I am still very angry, but not at SY.  Instead I am so furious at the society that has made him felt so insufficient for what he perceived as not being "whole". How bad it mustve been for him to choose possible death over going back to his old life on a wheelchair. I was practically gasping at his desperation and drive to just live in the moment. Bless YR and her heart for trying her best to be with and for him. Yes, she was bumbling around with her effort, but that's just so YR. I trust that she will not lost her way in regards to this matter. Despite her bumbling way, she seems to always manage to get through SY's defense and get to the heart of the matter. I hope tonight episode will focus on YR's efforts to make SY realize that he will be loved and perfect as he is, with or without the prosthetic. 

This drama made me wonder the state of disability rights in South Korea. I actually did some research on this, and I have to say that the drama depiction may not be too far from reality:

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20170917000140 

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/09687599.2017.1321223 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51zUKR0camI&list=PLqXeWt98fEwoDYHJePfF46uz_hq3Z9VZN&index=73

I hope this drama brings more awareness about the challenge that people with disability faces in South Korea. I am glad that the rating for this drama is quite good. I hope this will have an impact on the way people perceive this issue. Still hating the whole mafia arc (I'd rather have those screen time used for other people, even for Manager Gong!), but I guess I have to just brace myself since the writer appears to be hellbent on trying to redeem IW, sigh..... 

7 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Well that was a bit rough. I don't have time this morning to really comment since I watched the raw episode only. No clue if subs are out.

I am talking about NYJ. Do we have time for her back story? Well. I mean she is consistent. But man that woman is BRUTAL. Her answer is so frank and blunt. I was listening with a low volume since it was insanely early. But man why does she want to be alone? Having said that I could probably watch a drama of her being pursued by ODG. And being rejected. And then her having to face that family. And younger brothers.

Yeah. I really would watch a whole drama about her.

I am not going to comment about LSY because frankly the medical issue with his prosthesis does sound rather serious. It looks serious anyway looking at his condition. If you're talking about electronic feedback loop malfunctions from sensory fluctuations then yeah it is serious. Oh yeah, where did all the terminology come from? Well, isn't this what the writer is implying? Or do I have it wrong? That is what is wrong with the prosthetic right? The feedback loop mechanisms are overloading leading to either rhabdomyolsis or permanent nerve damage. Not that he had any that is why he is using a machine for one. 

Or am I too advanced for the writer? I probably am. Since the bartender and Dr is probably an engineering grad vs a medical grad then it has to be an electricity issue. Rather than a tissue issue.

Hahaha. One can tell when one is used to Korean medical dramas. To know the improbable and obscure medical issues it comes up with. I had to read up on a whole heap of syndromes and conditions in my time when working on medical drama translations.

Lol on the medical terms accuracy.  Personally,  i'm not a fan of medical drama, unless you count Jewel in the Palace but that would go more under sageuk i guess.  Anyway, i know the writers try to be as accurate as possible but i always stop myself from thinking about the factual accuracy of dramas.  I just accept whatever the writers throw at us as if they are facts in the drama universe.  Cant say i havent felt frustrated. 

As for your comment on NYJ, agreed,  i would totally watch a drama purely about NYJ and ODG.  That's how much i've grown to love their characters and storyline. Never shipped the second pair this much since Oh My Venus. 

5 hours ago, 11moonstone said:

After watching this ep, I know sooyeon is really stubborn but somehow I understand his feeling and his fear having to go back to his tough reality right after he is finally able to move freely like most of people do, on top of that he only experienced it in 1 year :tears: 

gosh this show touches a lot of humanity aspect :tears:

Agreed,  i understand too,  which makes it even more frustrating. On the one hand,  he deserves to live the life that he wants. On the other, what about his loved ones? Are they supposed to let him do things that would harm himself? It's a tough question.  I feel like SY needs to know that the people who love him will stay with him even if he is wheelchair-bound for the rest of his life.  Especially YR,  who loves him and wants to be with him no matter what. Sometimes, i feel like Sy is asking the wrong question.  Instead of wondering if YR can accept him for who he is,  he should really ask if HE can accept himself in that condition,  because right now,  his stubbornness  is because he himself cant come to terms with his condition.  Which is sad,  really, especially if he is willing to risk his life because of it.  I feel like Sy is being unfair to YR this way.  She wants to look forward to their future.  He just wants to live in the present with her. But if he dies,  he's going to leave her scarred for life.  

Anyway,  the preview. YJ asks ODG if he is mad at her.  (girl,  seriously?  Is he supposed to celebrate you rejecting him?  :huh:

But later,  she asks him what he likes about her..  So a progress,  i guess?  Could YJ be letting her guard down for once and follow her heart too and not just her head?  Please let them get together already.  The drama needs something light and fluffy amidst all the sickness/thugs plotlines. 

Also, seems like the big confrontation will not end well for the bad guys?  SY has bruises on his face but seems ok.  And also,  are they going for revenge 2.0 at the airport toilet again,  with knife attacker in tow?

Can i say that SY has intense nose bleeds? 

But I have to say i give YR this episode... from the first episode to now, i feel like she has experienced a lot of growth in her character... however its been opposite for SY... granted he has a lot going on for him... 

I, like many wanted to be angry at SY for the way he's acting... because I'm like DONT DO THAT TO YEO REOM! you can't just DIE! but i can also understand how he feels... what a dilemma.... haha. i'm so not interested in the thugs and SIW story, it's really irriating that its going to be dragging that out until the end of the drama. 

I keep seeing that the drama is going to be 32 episodes.... i mean i dont know what kind of ending we are getting at this point but... i want someone to tell me that we are getting more episodes... I WANT MY LOVEY DOVEY PARTS...........  

The preview is going to put us at another cliffhanger... sigh... turn this drama around writers!

4vbk7h7uzy8u.gif

-------

vyqph75t32cu.gifoy60cxvxh9es.gif

Spoiler

n0cyltb6y3nt.gif

dc

Lee Je Hoon Encounters An Emergency Situation In “Where Stars Land”

Lee Je Hoon Encounters An Emergency Situation In “Where Stars Land”

Nov 19, 2018
by Y. Shin

SBS’s “Where Stars Land” has released new stills from its upcoming episode!

On November 20, the drama unveiled photos of an emergency situation involving Lee Je Hoon.

In the newly released photos, Lee Soo Yeon (Lee Je Hoon) and Han Yeo Reum (Chae Soo Bin) walk around the airport carrying out their duties, when Lee Soo Yeon suddenly gets a nosebleed. The nosebleed is so severe that he can’t steady his own body, and Han Yeo Reum tries to help him by pressing a handkerchief to his nose. Even with her help, Lee Soo Yeon still feels incredibly dizzy and suffers from the worsening after-effects of his arm prosthetics.

Spoiler

lee-je-hoon-chae-soo-bin-12.jpglee-je-hoon-chae-soo-bin-4.jpg

During the filming of this scene, Lee Je Hoon portrayed Lee Soo Yeon’s uncomfortable condition through a somewhat sluggish gaze and clumsy walk. He was also able to make the scene more realistic by using his entire body to display Lee Soo Yeon’s sudden dizziness and by wearing a surprised expression on his face as blood dripped out of his nose. Chae Soo Bin in turn also added to the serious mood of the situation by acting if is nothing was wrong while her character cleaned up after Lee Soo Yeon, but in reality feeling extremely anxious by the turn of events.

Spoiler

lee-je-hoon-chae-soo-bin-6.jpg

The production staff stated, “Lee Soo Yeon, whose state of health was exposed to Han Yeo Reum thanks to Mister Jang in the last episode, will encounter the height of a crisis through another extreme situation. Please look forward to the passionate acting of Lee He Hoon, who has totally become one with Lee Soo Yeon’s situation of having the world against him.”

Episodes 29 and 30 will air on November 20 at 10 p.m. KST.

soompi

4 hours ago, aniliaz said:

Annyeong chingu, today i'm understood why he is so greedy in his life with YR. Thanks writer-nim , you used PAST - PRESENT - FUTURE wisely. A lovely drama for end my 2018. Hope Lee Je Hoon will win a Daesang this year. 

He is such a great actor. Every movie or drama I have seen him in , he always nails the emotional scenes.   

Last night's episode left me on the edge. I guess with two more episodes , they need to up the stakes . 

1. SY's condition while seemingly despairing , is not incurable, but it does require a mindset change from him. He views his "final" days as his last chance for some semblance of normalcy. That's why he has been indignant and stubborn. I feel for him but I was equally frustrated that he will not listen to those who care for him the most. 

2. I am not clear about what's really going on with SIW and Director Jo. But I sure was pissed off that Jo took revenge - honestly can't SY catch a break? Didn't YR say  in the early episodes that even if you can't feel pain, it does not mean it doesn't hurt? Urghhh. As to SIW , I don't sympathise with him- though I do think that the drama will give him some form of redemption. I am  guessing now why SIW has been so adamant in getting SY kicked out from his job, is his own strange way of protecting the latter (since there's something sinister going on there with Jo.)

3. And did you all feel a stab in your heart when our Security hottie got rejected...I really hope the preview gives this love line a chance. 

I think our Security girl here is afraid and worried but she is equally as attracted to him. 

Did Mr Jang say that LSY was in wheelchair for the last 11 years and that he only learned to walk freely over the past one year?  Does that mean the pic where LSY blocked the car from hitting HYR, the first encounter at the noodle place etc.. all happened within the past one year? 

4 hours ago, bajing said:

I was expecting to be angry at SY for being so stubborn about his own health in this episode. But his conversation with Mr. Jang shed so much heartbreaking insights into his psyche. I am still very angry, but not at SY.  Instead I am so furious at the society that has made him felt so insufficient for what he perceived as not being "whole". How bad it mustve been for him to choose possible death over going back to his old life on a wheelchair. I was practically gasping at his desperation and drive to just live in the moment. Bless YR and her heart for trying her best to be with and for him. Yes, she was bumbling around with her effort, but that's just so YR. I trust that she will not lost her way in regards to this matter. Despite her bumbling way, she seems to always manage to get through SY's defense and get to the heart of the matter. I hope tonight episode will focus on YR's efforts to make SY realize that he will be loved and perfect as he is, with or without the prosthetic. 

Well said. He really does need YR by his side. Someone who is honest and sincere to drive some sense into him.

I was in a hurry this morning that I had forgotten some of the things I want to say about their monologues. Maybe I'll do that after tonight's episode and a rewatch. Next week is our last episode, huh? So tonight is the penultimate episode, right?

Seriously, even without the thugs storyline, the drama will do just fine fleshing out each characters. It seems like it's just there for the sake of SIW's redemption. I wouldn't be surprised if SIW is caught and imprisoned for the shady deals he's been doing. Don't mind me, but I thought airports supposedly have the highest security, but thugs daring to come in obvious group and threatening one of the employees?? 

1 hour ago, yanki222 said:

Did Mr Jang say that LSY was in wheelchair for the last 11 years and that he only learned to walk freely over the past one year?  Does that mean the pic where LSY blocked the car from hitting HYR, the first encounter at the noodle place etc.. all happened within the past one year? 

Yup,  it all happened in the past one year.  The car accident thing happened on the day YR went for a job interview, and she has been working at the airport for a year. 

As for the final episode,  been seing some comments on YT that the no of episodes is listed as 40 eps. Which is which now?  Given the complicated storylines right now,  hard to imagine how they can tie this up nicely by next week.. 

Couple of thoughts from yesterdays episodes:

• Nothing says more about our second OTP than matching socks.  Was that adorable or what?
  • While I can appreciate YR's efforts to keep SY from doing any heavy work, I think instead she should have been focused on getting SY to go to the hospital.  By delaying medical treatment, it only increases the chances that he might never be able to use the enhanced arm and leg equipment ever again.
  • Has no one thought to send SY to see a psychiatrist or at the very least a psychological counselor?  They have been skirting around an extremely important topic that should have been addressed right after SY's accident and most certainly needs to be addressed now.  He has already made one attempt at suicide and his speech to the doctor at the restaurant is at the very least showing he is in a similar frame of mind now.
  • I can't help but be a little disappointed in what the show has said up to now about what is "normal".  I really understand where SY is coming from in his desire to live a normal life.  However, for the vast majority of disabled people, being in a wheelchair, needing a service animal, having bionic limbs, etc., is normal.  My hope is that maybe by the end of the series, they may speak to the fact that even though so many people have severe disabilities, they can and do live very productive and happy lives.
  • The only thing missing from YR and NYJ's drinking scene was that neither carried the other via piggyback to the bathroom to vomit.  That would have made that scene so classic.

Quick recap (based on my limited Korean understanding):

- SY won fighting the gang. Only 3 men, including Cho, left standing, and SY challenged him whether he should continue.

- YR clarified with ES whether she is staying for a man or a friend. ES said for a man, YR said she has SY as her man so she can't stay.

- SY waiting by the roadside where YR hugged him previously, YR came and saw his wound, took him home and tended to his wound.

- SIW came to the apartment complex but seeing YR entered her place calmly and SY's light, he didn't go further, assuming SY is fine.

- SY's right side is almost all blue black already. Gosh.... Next day, he is back at work. He confronted SIW, and asked whether he got away fine the other night? Right? SIW was shaken, but said not to mention the past, after we see flashback of him being caught again and beaten badly. Cho told the men to find SY again, even if in hospital. SIW begged him not to. Real good acting from LGD not wanting to answer the truth to SY.

- SY has dizzy spells, almost fainted. ES came in time to help him. They retreated to storage room. SY avoided call from YR, with ES helping to cover (lie) for his actual condition.

- YR came back to around the office and saw ES, who was struggling at pretending nothing happen. Eventually SY came out of storage room looking just fine.

- Both of them walk and nose bleed happened. Really bad nosebleed. B.A.D..... SY went into toilet. YR waited outside but saw the thugs, 8-9 of them went inside. Led by the guy SY beat up. Basically they asked him to go with them to continue the talk instead of in the toilet. YR went to get help from ODK and NYJ. But no one in the toilet. Only his walkie-talkie. ODK reported to Choi and they used CCTV to track them steering SY walking to parking lot. Security team came face to face with them, but the smug leader said they're just leaving nicely. SY also came forward and asked Security team to leave and go back. 4 black cars came, and more men came out. Our Security team of 8 are sandwiched between the walking thugs and those exiting from the cars. Then ODK received radio from Choi asked them to withdraw. As all these (SY being confronted and led to parking lot) were happening, Choi confronted SIW, and joined by Yang. SIW assured them that he'll take care of what's going on and SY will be fine. That's why Choi pulled back the team.

Okay, I don't think I've ever in my life wanted subs so-so much.... I really don't understand what's going on with the whole gangsters/mafia or whatever it is. What is this show doing to me especially during the last 10 minutes?? It was so tense, okay. I was at the edge of my seat, and pulling my hair out!! And now we have to wait one whole week to know what will happen next....

How can we fry Cho and that guy beaten by SY?

Recap time,  ugh,  i hate today's episode,  it has taken a dark turn indeed:

In no particular order:

1) Ep starts with a montage of sorts of sketches and drawings of the wearable devices SY uses. Then a flashback to the first time SY gets to walk again.  Both he and Jang were in tears. 

2) Cut to present,  SY surrounded by thugs,  he got beaten up,  but suddenly managed to fight back. He seriously injured abt 3 thugs,  sending one flying and smashing into the car,  breaking the windshield. Thug leader shocked. SY is all like are you done? Or something like that. 

3) back at airport,  YR basically tells ES that she doesnt see him as more than a friend and that the man she likes is SY.  ES is sad but lets her go. (ES deserves someone who can love him back)

4) SIW is in a hurry to find SY and the thugs.  hails a cab,  thug leader still won't answer his calls. 

5) YR walks back.  Sees SY sitting on a bench waiting for her.  She is surprised to see him all bruised and bleeding. She asked what happened and if he got into a fight.  He's smiling saying he is waiting for her. She wants to take a cab to the hospital but he refuses.  He tells her,  Yeoreumah,  i'm okay.  So they go back to his house instead. She tends after his wounds and asks whom he got into a fight with.  He says some bad guys.  He apologizes for his outburst to her earlier but she is okay.  Since they are in a relationship, she wants him to be able to show his emotions, or something like that. He tells her something which makes her blush,  dunno if he asks her to stay over, but she quickly excuses herself  and gives him a kiss on the cheek. 

6) YJ is playing game on her phone,  her socks still on.  She realizes Yr is still not home. 

7) SIW arrives at SY-YR's house area. He sees YR leaving SY's house and entering hers. He sees the lights are on in SY's house so he seems assured SY is fine. 

8) Flashback scene when SIW got beaten up so badly 12 years ago. Thugs dragged him to see thug leader.  He asked him about something but SIW said he dunno.  Then thug leader threatened him about SY.  SIW cried and begged the leader not to harm his brother.

9) Thug leader called SIw to talk about what happened with SY.  sIW was all sarcastic.  He said i already said i dont know that guy.  

10) Yang sees Choi leaving Director Kwon's office.  She asks him why he is there and he brushes her off.  So she goes to the office and takes a look at a file on his desk. She is shocked.

11) Meanwhile Choi runs into ODG who is looking outside all sad and alone.  He asks what happens but OdG brushes him off.  He seems to be able to guess it's girl trouble.  I think ODG reveals that he was rejected before anything could start. Choi tells him something.

To be continued.  Major revelation though,  SIW begged the thugs to Spare SY's life... He hugged the leader's leg and cried. He called SY as his dongsaeng. 

Archived