[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hee, his hair does look gray in the stills & BTS pics.

I’m guessing after MR rejects him, he couldn’t bear to be in the same workplace with her so he’ll accept the modeling offer by the guy at the indoor baseball place, where he got his hair colored for the shoot. Maybe he tried to wash it but the color won’t come off? :D

1 hour ago, kodomonojikan said:

@pad-hari  that’s too bad that the ratings went down. :tears:  I think it was competing for ratings with M-net’s final episode of Produce 48 so hopefully it will go back up for episode 12. 

Yeah, I forgot about the fact that last week didn't even have a promo, and there wasn't one online until like Wednesday or so. It's possible some people thought it wouldn't be on (after all, Asian Games have been pre-empting shows, right?) plus the Produce 48 finale like you said.

1 minute ago, amisyka77 said:

Eeeiikkkkk....andwae!!! Dont mess with his jet-black hair, stylist-nim!!!

He's the only ASTRO-boy who rarely changes his hair colour.

Looks like they're trying to pay homage to his silver hair in the comics, lol, but I hope it doesn't last. :lol:

I really enjoyed the episode. Highlights for me 

- DKS’ mother consoling MR when she cried. I like MR’s relationship with DKS mother and how they genuinely care for each other and not just because they share a common connection through DKS

- DKS punching the creep. He looked so hawt. The intensity in his eyes! :wub:

- Last scene between DKS and MR. The actors have good chemistry and you can feel the romantic tension between them in the scene. 

Is anyone able to clarify what DKS said to MR in that scene? Subs says ‘do you have feelings for me?’ But it was translated as ‘don’t you at least like me a bit’ on drama milk... 

Can’t wait for them to start dating! 

14 hours ago, 7psyche7 said:

I really enjoyed the episode. Highlights for me 

- DKS’ mother consoling MR when she cried. I like MR’s relationship with DKS mother and how they genuinely care for each other and not just because they share a common connection through DKS

- DKS punching the creep. He looked so hawt. The intensity in his eyes! :wub:

- Last scene between DKS and MR. The actors have good chemistry and you can feel the romantic tension between them in the scene. 

Is anyone able to clarify what DKS said to MR in that scene? Subs says ‘do you have feelings for me?’ But it was translated as ‘don’t you at least like me a bit’ on drama milk... 

He said : Neun okshi...nan AN-joa aniya? ( Edited...)

My translation : You, by any chance, dont like me, NO? -- this is direct translation which we can interpret as him asking her 'Do you at least have some feeling for me?'

Or I might be wrong...him speaking like that is quite hard to hear and my Hangul is as good as Inuit language...lol

3 hours ago, celebrianna said:

As a premium member, DramaFever sent me an email discount this evening to purchase tickets for the NY K-EXPO on September 30th. Guess who’ll be there? CEW. ^_^

Snapshot of their message:

This is your chance to get up close and personal with Kim Myung Soo (INFINITE's L) (Miss Hammurabi) and ASTRO'S Cha Eun Woo (My ID is Gangnam Beauty) while enjoying a full day of artist showcases, workshops, and more, so get your tickets now!

OMG I'm literally in NYC right now on a short vacation... (thank God wifi speed is good so I could watch episode 11 just now). DANG ASTRO will be performing at the K Expo! I'm sad that I didn't know about them earlier because they had a meet and greet in Toronto where I live in February this year! Could have seen handsome CEW in the flesh :lol:

Really enjoyed tonight's episode and I love the acting of both leads. I actually teared up when MR cried!! I wanted KS to just give her a hug and comfort her right then and there.. maybe if mama wasn't there!! I hope KS shoves SA off of him.. especially after MR sees that and probably dashes off to sob! She has an umbrella as she's slumped over crying.. this is probably after she and KS parted? Cuz he was holding another umbrella in his other hand.. must have given that to MR and then left :(

I'm getting really impatient but I fear we'll have to wait for next week's episodes to get some couple scenes!! argh!!

19 minutes ago, susieunnie said:

Really enjoyed tonight's episode and I love the acting of both leads. I actually teared up when MR cried!! I wanted KS to just give her a hug and comfort her right then and there.. maybe if mama wasn't there!! I hope KS shoves SA off of him.. especially after MR sees that and probably dashes off to sob! She has an umbrella as she's slumped over crying.. this is probably after she and KS parted? Cuz he was holding another umbrella in his other hand.. must have given that to MR and then left :(

Ugh, you're right. I can imagine it now. :( KS while shove SA away and chase after Mi Rae, she'll reject him, he'll leave her with the umbrella and she'll cry because she can't express how she really feels. I love pain!

I just hope that won't be the final scene of the episode, I need happiness after that. Please tell him you like him by the end of the hour, Mi Rae!

14 hours ago, kangminjae said:

Ugh, you're right. I can imagine it now. :( KS while shove SA away and chase after Mi Rae, she'll reject him, he'll leave her with the umbrella and she'll cry because she can't express how she really feels. I love pain!

I just hope that won't be the final scene of the episode, I need happiness after that. Please tell him you like him by the end of the hour, Mi Rae!

If today's ep ended with MR crying and not her confession, grrrrr...:angry:

He’s back with jet black hair in BTS pics of them holding hand, so I’m sure the grey hair is temporary :lol:

25 minutes ago, 7psyche7 said:

Dramamilk translation is more literal, he said “넌혹시.. 나 조금 안 좋아하냐?” Which means more like “by any chance.. don’t you like me a little bit?”

Hehe, his line is similar to the webtoon although it’s a different situation there:

Spoiler

In the webtoon it happened after MR tried to set up KS with SA.. KS was upset and confronted her, asking if she really wants him to date SA. Then MR said it’s not really that, she was just curious how KS would be if he has a girfriend, since he’s already so nice to her who’s only his friend. She said a girl who has KS as a boyfriend would be so lucky. Her last response surprised KS and he asked her, half screaming: “You.. by any chance.. do you like me a little bit?!”

Lol I kinda died at the ‘little bit’ part when I read it :lol:

5 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I really enjoyed tonight’s episode but two moments in particular I have to highlight.

It was quite obvious that SA wanted to get MR in trouble by telling KS’s mom that he got into a fight and was at the police station because of MR. I was so elated when KS’ mom deflated SA’s hope by responding about MR in a familiar way that showed SA that MR and KS’ mom are on friendly terms. That was a small victory to savor.

When MR finally broke down in front of KS and his mom, it reminded me again how much hurt she must have experienced over the years pre-PS and now even after she got PS. This is why she wants to avoid dating someone who is deemed high profile. She was always talked about in a negative light and I can’t blame her for her desire to live quietly. Still, it would be nice if she learns soon that she doesn’t need the whole world to love her. Genuine friends, a sincere lover and a supportive family are more precious than the capricious adoration of a crowd.

Yes, her attempt was to tarnish KMR's reputation by implying that she is a cheap girl... because she seduces many men therefore there was this fight between DKS and the other worker. I also liked this scene very much.

I would like to add another highlight scene... which I really enjoyed: it is when SA is at the restaurant with DKS. I loved it, when DKS told her that she didn't like him!! She got surprised by his words... Moreover, I was pleased to see that DKS is really the only one who knows SA's personality the best. He knows that she is just interested in him because he already loves KMR. He knows that she hates couples and wants to be in the center of attention. He witnessed what SA did with CW, when the latter was after KMR. Moreover, he also senses that she is just interested in him for other reasons:

- his parents

- his wealth

- his good looks

With him, everyone would be looking at her and envy her. In the end, this is just about her.   

14 minutes ago, shunnie said:

He’s back with jet black hair in BTS pics of them holding hand, so I’m sure the grey hair is temporary :lol:

Dramamilk translation is more literal, he said “넌혹시.. 나 조금 안 좋아하냐?” Which means more like “by any chance.. don’t you like me a little bit?”

Hehe, his line is similar to the webtoon although it’s a different situation there:

Hide contents

In the webtoon it happened after MR tried to set up KS with SA.. KS was upset and confronted her, asking if she really wants him to date SA. Then MR said it’s not really that, she was just curious how KS would be if he has a girfriend, since he’s already so nice to her who’s only his friend. She said a girl who has KS as a boyfriend would be so lucky. Her last response surprised KS and he asked her, half screaming: “You.. by any chance.. do you like me a little bit?!”

Lol I kinda died at the ‘little bit’ part when I read it :lol:

Spoiler

Lol KS was so pitiful in webtoon, mirae like giving him mixed signal

Thank you @shunnie and @amisyka77

Here’s a :cookie: for both of you! 

DKS was so awkward and tentative in expressing his feelings which made him all the more lovable. 

Like others have mentioned, I think the drama has done a really good job staying true to the essence of the webtoon. Both MR and DKS are awkward nervous puppies around each other, which is just adorable! 

I’m counting down to today’s episode. Really hope to see DKS push/reject SA firmly after she threw herself at him. :angry:

Archived