[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

4 minutes ago, KymberleeD said:

Can someone with good heart pls pm me the link to webtoon English...? 

Want to see whats next..

Done!

Waiting for subs is hard, but I'm more surprised that I'm this invested in a drama to the point that I don't mind the slow pace at all and I like all the subplots lol.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

I feel that 4 eps is not enough. There's no plan for extension, right? Feels like there's so many more to cover from the webtoon.

OMG yes…if it's not an extension then at least a 1 hours special, or more bts or … ANYTHING…I'll take every bread crumbs they trow my way!

giphy.gif

The thing I love about the drama is everything feels very real even though it is a romance k-drama.  There is no over the top reactions and all the characters are relatable & reflect a lot of people that we all have met at some point in our lives.  I often think, I would react the same way or I would say the same thing.  It's why it has become my favorite and nothing else compares at the moment so I've dropped some of the others that I was watching simultaneously.  

Like @kangminjae said even though there are only 4 episodes left and the leads are still not together, it doesn't feel frustrating to me like some other story lines that have nothing else to give the viewers so you just curse until the main characters start dating.  MR is a wonderful character and even though she's in love with KS I do understand her insecurities and her wish for a "normal" life where she is not teased or talked about in a negative way.  Plastic surgery cannot fix the way you perceive yourself.  It takes a long to for a person to change mentally and emotionally.  In reality it will take a long time but in dramaland it will take one more episode (I hope anyway).  

I feel so bad for KS too.  He doesn't care about looks only what's on the inside but he is turned down because of how he looks.  His straight forwardness is the best.  He wants to know how MR feels and keeps pushing her to tell him without talking about how others see them.  And him telling MR that he'll wait for her...oh my heart can't take it.  The anger and jealousy at the end also feels so real and not like a cheesy cliff hanger.  I can't get enough of these two and the actors are doing an amazing job.  

When I started this I thought it would be a fluffy romance drama and was not expecting to really like it.  What a great surprise.  I hope the ratings continue to increase till the last episode.  

2 hours ago, xxPeepsxx said:

Translation:

Hide contents

KyungSeok: Why would you run away?

MiRae: There's a reason for that.

KyungSeok: Are you okay? Did you feel hurt? I told you, haven't I... that I don't care about her 

MiRae: You're getting rained on.

KyungSeok: Don't change the subject. Are you being like this because you really don't know?

MiRae What?

KyunSeok: That I like you. Let's date. This time, don't avoid and just reply me.

MiRae: Why? Why would a person like you... to a person like me...

KyungSeok: What's a person like me, and so what about a person like you?

MiRae: Well, you know. What people say if you and I hang out. Why is a person like that hanging out with a person like that?

KyungSeok: So what? What do you think of me?

MiRae: A friend. A person whom I can't think any more of.

KyungSeok: I'm not asking if you can or cannot! Just what do you think of me?

MiRae: You... can't be with me, is what I think. I told you before haven't I? That even though living "my way" like you is cool, I can't do that. Everyday I went to school, I get harassed and even now, people just think of me as a Gangnam Beauty-

KyungSeok: YAH. What do YOU think of me? Not what others think!

MiRae: WHAT OTHERS THINK IS IMPORTANT IS WHAT I'M SAYING! You just think I'm obsessed with my face don't you? But you don't know... how hard it is for me. If we get together, my life would be too hard, is what I'm saying.

KyungSeok: From the very start... I can't be the one, is that right?

MiRae: Eo.

How he protected er from the rain!!!!! How she pushed the umbrella his way to protect him too!!!! Her soft voice and how in every line you feel her hesitation!!!!! The way he grabbed her hand to make her come closer!!!!!!!! How they stayed in that position throughout the whole conversation!!!!!!! The way these particular lines were delivered by EW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That deep soft voice of his and that intonation!!!!!!!!!! Especially THAT last question!!!!! "From the very start ... I can't be the one, is that right?"!!!!!!!!!MY HEAAAART!!!!!!!! I died, and then my heart broke into million pieces!!!!!

Honestly, I haven't seen a heartbreaking romantic scene done well in a whiiiiiiiile! And both EW and SH are slaying their roles. Like WOW!

I would've imagine a person that  knew and like her before the surgery and likes  her now would give her enough confidence to atleast follow her heart, but I guess it just not that simple of course.

The important is that his real feelings are known to her now it up to her to take that step forward.

27 minutes ago, kawaiibooty said:

How he protected er from the rain!!!!! How she pushed the umbrella his way to protect him too!!!! Her soft voice and how in every line you feel her hesitation!!!!! The way he grabbed her hand to make her come closer!!!!!!!! How they stayed in that position throughout the whole conversation!!!!!!! The way these particular lines were delivered by EW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That deep soft voice of his and that intonation!!!!!!!!!! Especially THAT last question!!!!! "From the very start ... I can't be the one, is that right?"!!!!!!!!!MY HEAAAART!!!!!!!! I died, and then my heart broke into million pieces!!!!!

Honestly, I haven't seen a heartbreaking romantic scene done well in a whiiiiiiiile! And both EW and SH are slaying their roles. Like WOW!

I agree, I love the rain scene and all those small gestures that comes with it. I also noticed how after that last question KS gave a little nod, like a sad “I understand” before turning around and leave. And I love how after walking under the rain for a while , KS suddenly turned around as if he can hear or sense MR crying from far away.. :tears:

And MR’s cry.. so raw and heartbreaking.

They both really did a good job in this scene. 

Too bad we’re gonna have to wait another week for the happy times!

Just watched with english subs and it was really a great episode. Tense but i feel like things are finally gearing up and the many of the characters has to come to terms with their feelings. I can really understand Mirae, but also KS. I think bullying can leave scars that are impossible to understand, especially when it comes to self-esteem. I'm happy KS's mom was the person to ask for advice. She is a great mentor to Mirae and always says the right words. I think the show portrays Mirae's character so realistically. She needs to understand that she is worthy just by being her. I think KS confession was perfect. He is totally right, but he hasn't been in Mirae's shoes so i think he did the right thing saying he will wait. She needs to be the one who takes a step forward now. Last scene was hard to watch, he must feel angry but thanks to the bts pics, I don't feel too worried :) Looking forward to them dating. Can't believe it's only 4 episodes left~ Anyway, i'll look forward to read about your thoughts.

- Best thing in the episode haha, someone finally realises that Soo Ah is insane. But i'm curious about the guy that keeps following her, maybe she's met her match. He doesn't seem that stable either...

Ska_rmavbild_2018_09_01_kl_21_18_02.png

I can't wait for next episode, gahh, this week wasn't enough....i need mooore :P

Ska_rmavbild_2018_09_01_kl_21_04_34.png

19 minutes ago, ganko said:

She needs to be the one who takes a step forward now. Last scene was hard to watch, he must feel angry but thanks to the bts pics, I don't feel too worried :) Looking forward to them dating. Can't believe it's only 4 episodes left~ Anyway, i'll look forward to read about your thoughts.

Yes to everything you said, but I am very interested in how next week will pick up from the end of the episode. Will he stalk off without letting anyone explain? Wll Woo Young say, "Don't worry, she's not into me," lol? Or will KS being hurt by this interaction be what gives Mi Rae the courage to confess her feelings for real? HMM.

21 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

Yes to everything you said, but I am very interested in how next week will pick up from the end of the episode. Will he stalk off without letting anyone explain? Wll Woo Young say, "Don't worry, she's not into me," lol? Or will KS being hurt by this interaction be what gives Mi Rae the courage to confess her feelings for real? HMM.

Me too. I hope it doesn't take too long for Mirae to confess~ we don't have time haha. I'm also shipping Woo Young with bestie so i'm hoping they could have some more scenes together. I would really love for Woo Young to discover that the one he is looking for is right in front of his eyes. Bestie is one of my favourite characters, she is really kind. Woo Young would be lucky to have her. Somehow 16 doesn't feel enough, maybe 20 episodes would have been perfect but trusting that it will be enough :) though a bit sad to see the preview rain scene being cut, still hope it will turn up. 

46 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

MR kinda dug herself into a hole the last 2 episodes with KS going to be interesting see how she dig out.

I kinda feel like all she has to say is “let’s date!” and he’ll forget everything else lol.

But i do want to see her continue to be more and more open with him, and he with her. Their awkwardness is adorable but they could stand to be more comfortable with each other.

And yay about the ratings! Hopefully next Friday doesn’t go down too much, despite the lack of a promo.

The hair salon scene.

40592925_10156737077945929_1148754127904

The female hairdresser accidentally cut off the client hair because she's too busy looking at KS.

And the male hairdresser even echoed our thought that any style will have no effects on his handsomeness. Even suggesting afro hair. I was rotflmao when he said that. And look at KS's expressions...he's super pissed off with the chatty ahjusshi

14 hours ago, kangminjae said:

I kinda feel like all she has to say is “let’s date!” and he’ll forget everything else lol.

But i do want to see her continue to be more and more open with him, and he with her. Their awkwardness is adorable but they could stand to be more comfortable with each other.

And yay about the ratings! Hopefully next Friday doesn’t go down too much, despite the lack of a promo.

That's the point. He just need to hear the words from her.

I think he knew she liked him too. It's too obvious not to see it. He just need her to get over her insecurities and say out loud her feelings for him, just like what he did for her. 

3 hours ago, ganko said:

Me too. I hope it doesn't take too long for Mirae to confess~ we don't have time haha. I'm also shipping Woo Young with bestie so i'm hoping they could have some more scenes together. I would really love for Woo Young to discover that the one he is looking for is right in front of his eyes. Bestie is one of my favourite characters, she is really kind. Woo Young would be lucky to have her. Somehow 16 doesn't feel enough, maybe 20 episodes would have been perfect but trusting that it will be enough :) though a bit sad to see the preview rain scene being cut, still hope it will turn up. 

I ship MR’s bestie with WY as well. I think they would be good together but I was surprised in tonight’s episode when he admitted he first started liking MR because of her looks. I see now how they made his character partly like the senior from the webtoon (who switched from Chemistry to Biology) who liked MR unapologetically for her looks. It kind of worries me that beauty is this important to him because I don’t know if MR’s bestie will stand a chance now. In my opinion, bestie is a nice catch though. 

I love how DKS told his friend that he likes MR just because she’s her. :wub: That was very sweet.

Every time MR worries about her worthiness to be loved by DKS and the way she used to look before plastic surgery, I keep remembering Birth of a Beauty where the heroine was worried that the kids she would have in the future would look like her unattractive self before plastic surgery. It’s so sad...the complicated feelings they experience.

53 minutes ago, Wotad said:

8% i hope you mean 6% ;p

I know I was aiming high. :P  I was basing it on Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. It was extremely popular partially because of the leads and the couple were really cute together too. If this can get the same support towards the end it would be nice. :)

Spoiler

JTBC’s “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” continues to be a record-breaker!

Its first episode gathered 3.8 percent ratings, setting a JTBC record for the first episode of a drama. Contrary to expectations that the ratings would stay around those numbers, the ratings are endlessly rising, with episode two achieving 5.8 percent, episode three gathering 6.1 percent, and episode four garnering over 8 percent ratings. This kind of rise in viewer ratings is unprecedented in JTBC’s history.

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

MR kinda dug herself into a hole the last 2 episodes with KS going to be interesting see how she dig out.

Simple. She just have to blurt out she likes him. Problem solved. Like KS said to her, other opinions are not important. He only want to hear what she thinks of him. She likes him but it's only in her heart. Her head is still clouded with what people think. 

28 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

Simple. She just have to blurt out she likes him. Problem solved. Like KS said to her, other opinions are not important. He only want to hear what she thinks of him. She likes him but it's only in her heart. Her head is still clouded with what people think. 

Sure but I dont think it will be  so simple anymore  just going by the end  of the episode.

I mean the whole process of getting him to listen may be more difficult but we shall see!

Archived