[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

Guest phoiphoi

Aahhh guyss I have a feeling the start of their relationship is also the ending of this drama which makes me really sad :(:(

I'm really picky when it comes to kdrama's, I only like a few, and I must say this drama has become one of my all time faves. Many have already said this but Mirae's character is so lovable I just want to give her a big hug.

The cast is simply perfect !

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

I think he can see it but he's a very considerate guy to everyone he loves so he won't be a pushover even though Mirae's hesitation is killing him. . Like in the preview, he rather wait for her to decide and confess to him. If you read the webtoon, you will be swooning because he actually pretends to not understand what Mirae was saying until she was 'forced' to say it out loud that she like him.

P/S Actually, I cant wait to see Mirae confessing to him because I am sure KS will have a hard time keeping his face straight because Mirae, being clumsy, nervous-wrecked Mirae is just so,so cute.

Yes, MR's confession is priceless.  I hope they keep all those cute scenes from the webtoon where MR is flustered because....just because they are so cute.  And KS is flustered too but he just keeps acting like he's not.  I want to see when MR starts thinking about kissing KS all the time.  One of my favorite webtoon scenes is one that I don't think they can use because it takes place in the subway.  In the drama they don't ride the train but it was so funny.

Speaking of cute. I’m so glad they cast these two in the lead roles. Who knows, if they chose different actors I might not have liked the drama as much. 

Ska_rmavbild_2018_08_31_kl_23_19_09.png

Last scene was so good so good :wub:

Been so busy this week, but can't help steal time and have a little peek in here haha, I'm enjoying all your posts and updates :heart:  

Tmr looks intense, but i'm sure Soo Ah's hug will make our couple leap into action ;) I want to see them date now!

Really enjoyed the different aspects in this episode, seeing KS dad sit alone on the bed, Mom getting closer to her kids. 

KS selflessly defending Mirae without a moment's doubt. Mirae feeling guilty, wanting to live a quiet life. Unfortunately there will always be people that doesn't wish you the best, all you can do is surround yourself with people that truly see you for who you are and love you unconditionally. I hope Mirae realises this.

Okay, now I have to go and rewatch the last scene again before i go to bed haha, it's magic! See you tmr :D

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet? I think that's their first bus ride as a couple (❤ω❤)

Again this episode didn't disappoint imo!

I know that some of you are disappointed that MR is letting herself get manipulated my SA but I think that from where she is coming from we should understand why she has no confidence! When people say richard simmons about you all the time you slowly start to believe it in a way. But MR is getting there.…I am very thankful to the director to show us how the female lead stands firm against the bully two times in this drama! The third time will hopefully be against SOO AH and I'm sooooo looking forward to it muahahahahah ↑_(ΦwΦ)Ψ    

P.s.

Thank good MR doesn't suck at sports! I love a strong power couple 。゚(TヮT)゚。
I hate it when they show the female character as dumb, clumsy and weak
and try to sell it as cute (눈_눈)

5 hours ago, kangminjae said:

I very badly want to understand what Soo Hyang is saying in her post (and what the highlighted line from the song says) but m Korean is... like a baby learning her first words, lol. And the translators I tried are being useless, so if anyone can translate I will love them forever. :wub:

Hehe, seems like Soo Hyang is praising it in a cute way.. something like,

“I like it >< Cha Enu you did well~:D (she’s using a cute way to spell his name haha) and she said the part of the song that starts at 0:43 (“with unknown expressions...”) is the killing part.

Aw they’re just so cute together on and off screen.. I’m gonna miss them a lot when the show ends!

I love CEW’s OST, it really conveys KS feelings about MR who brings color / rainbow into his grey tinted world :wub:

35 minutes ago, shunnie said:

Hehe, seems like Soo Hyang is praising it in a cute way.. something like,

“I like it >< Cha Enu you did well~:D (she’s using a cute way to spell his name haha) and she said the part of the song that starts at 0:43 (“with unknown expressions...”) is the killing part.

Thank you! That's adorable. 

And I totally agree with you, they're so cute together onscreen and offscreen they seem even more comfortable with each other. It's great to see! This cast gives me a warm and happy feeling inside.

I really enjoyed tonight’s episode but two moments in particular I have to highlight.

It was quite obvious that SA wanted to get MR in trouble by telling KS’s mom that he got into a fight and was at the police station because of MR. I was so elated when KS’ mom deflated SA’s hope by responding about MR in a familiar way that showed SA that MR and KS’ mom are on friendly terms. That was a small victory to savor.

When MR finally broke down in front of KS and his mom, it reminded me again how much hurt she must have experienced over the years pre-PS and now even after she got PS. This is why she wants to avoid dating someone who is deemed high profile. She was always talked about in a negative light and I can’t blame her for her desire to live quietly. Still, it would be nice if she learns soon that she doesn’t need the whole world to love her. Genuine friends, a sincere lover and a supportive family are more precious than the capricious adoration of a crowd.

5 hours ago, phoiphoi said:

Aahhh guyss I have a feeling the start of their relationship is also the ending of this drama which makes me really sad :(:(

I'm really picky when it comes to kdrama's, I only like a few, and I must say this drama has become one of my all time faves. Many have already said this but Mirae's character is so lovable I just want to give her a big hug.

The cast is simply perfect !

I think so too. :) 

But I would go crazy for the whole week if we won’t get a glimpse of their reconciliation before tonight’s episode ends. :D 

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

I really enjoyed tonight’s episode but two moments in particular I have to highlight.

It was quite obvious that SA wanted to get MR in trouble by telling KS’s mom that he got into a fight and was at the police station because of MR. I was so elated when KS’ mom deflated SA’s hope by responding about MR in a familiar way that showed SA that MR and KS’ mom are on friendly terms. That was a small victory to savor.

Poor SA but I am enjoying that she found out that KS’ mom and MR are in a friendly terms. In her face! :D But SA doesn’t know how grateful KS’ mom towards MR and how much she really like MR that no matter what SA’s evil plan might have inside her overly polluted and rotten brain won’t shake KS’ mom good impressions of MR. :D 

@celebrianna I feel the same way. I too got the sense SA was trying to give KS' mom a bad impression of MR. I really commend the writer and actor for making SA such a toxic but realistic character. SA creeps me out because I can recognise some of her two faced behaviour in someone I know. It's highly uncomfortable and I, as much as possible, minimise interactions with this person who I also know had bad mouthed me behind my back. 

This brings me to the next point. Knowing MR's history of being outrightly bullied, I cannot imagine how uncomfortable MR must feel wanting to avoid SA or wanting to prevent any of her actions to be misconstrued. Especially by a person who is sly and manipulative. Thank you @purebristlesfor sharing your thoughts. They definitely give us a better idea of why MR has been so timid and hesitant. I sincerely hope you're doing better now and that you're surrounded by people who love and support you.

I'm not sure if the drama will include the entire webtoon (including the episodes after the "end"). The latest one which was translated into Bahasa Indonesia was funny and cute. I hope to see ISH and CEW be able to show their different acting ranges in the last few drama episodes. 

CEW has been doing a great job emoting through his eyes as the poker faced KS. Just that i wish I could see him using his facial expressions a bit more through the character being happier. :p 

11 minutes ago, deadorblack said:

@celebrianna I feel the same way. I too got the sense SA was trying to give KS' mom a bad impression of MR. I really commend the writer and actor for making SA such a toxic but realistic character. SA creeps me out because I can recognise some of her two faced behaviour in someone I know. It's highly uncomfortable and I, as much as possible, minimise interactions with this person who I also know had bad mouthed me behind my back. 

YES! Soo Ah really tried it this episode, and I love how it bit her in the butt immediately. And it makes sense too that Mi Rae is trying to avoid upsetting Soo Ah even if she doesn't want to help her, because she knows the passive aggressive behavior could turn aggressive-aggressive at any moment.

As a premium member, DramaFever sent me an email discount this evening to purchase tickets for the NY K-EXPO on September 30th. Guess who’ll be there? CEW. ^_^

Snapshot of their message:

This is your chance to get up close and personal with Kim Myung Soo (INFINITE's L) (Miss Hammurabi) and ASTRO'S Cha Eun Woo (My ID is Gangnam Beauty) while enjoying a full day of artist showcases, workshops, and more, so get your tickets now!

1 minute ago, celebrianna said:

As a premium member, DramaFever sent me an email discount this evening to purchase tickets for the NY K-EXPO on September 30th. Guess who’ll be there? CEW. ^_^

I wanna go! But a ticket to New York City would be more expensive than the ticket to the con, lol.

3 hours ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

Thank good MR doesn't suck at sports! I love a strong power couple 。゚(TヮT)゚。
I hate it when they show the female character as dumb, clumsy and weak
and try to sell it as cute (눈_눈)

Yes yes yes!!! I completely agree!!!! I love seeing how strong Mi Rae is and that she's good at sports and everything. She just wasn't given the chance to show off her talents.

7 hours ago, kangminjae said:

I have never seen her work before this show, but I'm definitely inspired to check her out now! She plays Mi Rae so perfectly, and the character is very different from her usual self. I'm excited to see the rest of her range.

8 hours ago, marrez1 said:

My Mirae don't cry , THIS preview is  stressing me  also, all actors are good, especially Im Soo-hyang it's really the best, her talent, or her acting is phenomenal and immense, I love

8 hours ago, sks18 said:

Yes, ISH is so good. I cried seeing Mirae crying.

Annyeong @kangminjae just realised your ID almost like Kang Mi Rae :P. Hi @marrez1 and @sks18 I'm happy you all like Im Soo Hyang's acting. I like her too especially since The Rose of Sharon Has Bloomed (KBS1, 2017).  She was in IRIS II (KBS2, 2013) too. I remember seeing her as a spy and she looked cool. She has other dramas as well but was not a fan till The Rose of Sharon Has Bloomed. In the drama, she was a single mother and a police officer. If you all have the time, do watch the drama. A big contrast with her character in Gangnam Beauty.  And she was a psycho in Criminal Minds (tvN, 2017) as a cameo. She's good as a villain too. :D Im Soo Hyang is one of my fave Korean actresses.

1 minute ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong @kangminjae just realised your ID almost like Kang Mi Rae :P.

LOL, it is! It's for my favorite minor character from Healer (my icon), but it's super close to my new favorite protagonist! It all works out.

And I cannot wait to watch The Rose of Sharon, I really wanna see Soo Hyang in different roles because she's impressed me so much.

14 hours ago, deadorblack said:

CEW has been doing a great job emoting through his eyes as the poker faced KS. Just that i wish I could see him using his facial expressions a bit more through the character being happier. :p 

KS's poker face is to die for..lol.

It'll be a bit out of character if he smiles like CEW smiles - that turns his eyes into cute crescents...in the webtoon he is forever poker-faced...so it's good that in the drama he does that teeny weeny smile quite a lot.  

Poker-face, i-dont-give-a-damned Kyung Suk vs nervous-wrecked, self-concious Mirae --> perfect match.

14 hours ago, kangminjae said:

LOL, it is! It's for my favorite minor character from Healer (my icon), but it's super close to my new favorite protagonist! It all works out.

And I cannot wait to watch The Rose of Sharon, I really wanna see Soo Hyang in different roles because she's impressed me so much.

I loved her in New Tales of Gisaeng...the drama extended to their married life so it's gold.

Archived