[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

19 minutes ago, kodomonojikan said:

I’m pretty sure the google translation of the written preview is incorrectly translating Mi Rae’s name  as “the future”  :lol:

or i should say *mistakenly translating* since the future is a literal translation 

This is one reason why I reminded people that there are other translators out there. Google consistently fails to consider context when dealing with personal names. Only very well-known actors tend to have their names recognised AS names. Here's an example, built around my bias's own name.  Four other actors with her given name (only a stage name for one of them), and one other actor with her  family name. Compare how Google handles the list of names, with how papago.naver does:

contextual.jpg

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, nikki7 said:

Haha...everyone is concern of the cat's well being. Dont worry, if the drama follows the web toon, the cat will not be harmed :D.

I hope they can reveal Soon Ah's back story soon so that she can make peace with our OTP. Then we can have the last 2 episode of MR+KS being lovey dovey without her.  Haha.

#I dont care enough about SA to care for her back story or care if she makes peace with OTP i want everyone to find out what she has been doing which i hope happens.

i think we will get a kiss scene last episode.

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

SA is so cute.

I think you mean Jo Woo Ri is cute - she is doing a very good job of convincing us that SA is anything BUT cute :)

SA and the cat scene are in the Webtoon but it’s not translated to English yet. Isn’t that the start of a new story involving her?  I hope they keep it very, very short. If the PD is listening to the viewers they should know that people don’t want her to have too much screen time that takes away from our OTP.  Since they are doing the live filming can they please cut her scenes out for the last 4 episodes.  I don’t think it really adds anything at this point to the drama. If it was 20 episodes I would say go for it but I don’t want to keep seeing side stories developing this late in the series. 

No offense to the actress and the script writer who are doing an amazing job of portraying/creating the character.  She’s stirred the viewers emotions with loathing. 

3 minutes ago, camichi said:

No preview jet?  :bawling: I don't waant So Ah with them at work, but it seems that she finally gets a job there. OMG she seems a shadow.  Everywere MR and SK are SH is there. 

This is the preview video

SA is a stalker.. A very creepy one!! 

4 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

I think the coworkers already know MR has had plastic surgery, she is called a Gangnam Beauty there even without SA.  It seems MR will feel dejected by people treating her and SA exactly like that sunbae did, so she will feel like KS deserves someone better. A natural beauty so she will distance herself from KS  which will make KS sad and may get us a direct confession from him. So silver linings. :D

I can definitely imagine this incident with the coworker - and Soo Ah continuing to harass her at work - will make Mi Rae feel even more insecure. But thankfully she will have Hyun Jung (in addition to Kyung Seok himself) helping see things more clearly.

Speaking of which: even though Hyun Jung has taken over the roles of Mi Rae's BFF and the only other girl who can speak honestly to KS, I hope we get to see a little more of Yoo Eun as well. She and Jung Boon are great background characters, and I wouldn't mind seeing them team up with Yoon Byul, Ye Na and Tae Hee again. Especially once Tae Hee's useless boyfriend is found out.

I don't remember myself hating a character in a drama like this. :cold_sweat:  SOO HA I hate  you so much...poor me i am getting sik cause of a Drama. backing out smiley

I have been watching the manwha and the scene with the coworker because the comment about her getting a breast PC was at the school with a new sumbae, not at work. chapter 55 or 56 i do not remember well.  

@icyphoenix Thanks for the preview.

OMG i am so pissed.. i cant stand soo ah i have nothing against the actress but i dont even want to see her face because im so pissed off.. i cant wait for the episode on friday, but i feel like i will need a whole week to calm down...

I really hope MR will listen to her friend for once, and ditch the bi**h:unamused:

perhaps they should extend the drama to 20 ep? i dunno.. personally im not exactly that satisfied in dramas where there are too many loose ends left dangling there.. :neutral: i mean we all know how the ending for the OTP will be, no doubt.

but how about the rest?

1. poor tae hee, she was all devoted to that whats-his-name sunbae

2. yoo eun suspecting SA’s lies about grandparents n parents etc but not confronting her (maybe it will appear too nosy?)

3. woo jin after closing down berlin

4. KH and also what will eventually happen to their parents? get back together? KS and KH to stay with their mom?

5. SA and what makes her to grown up rotten (i know this part most people wun want to bother esp it would mean more SA on screen lol)

15 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

perhaps they should extend the drama to 20 ep? i dunno.. personally im not exactly that satisfied in dramas where there are too many loose ends left dangling there.. :neutral: i mean we all know how the ending for the OTP will be, no doubt.

but how about the rest?

I hope everything will be resolved nicely! I know it feels like we need more episodes right now, but if you think about it, a lot more happens in each episode than we think.  

We could easily break it down like: 2 episodes to overcome misunderstanding and bring KS/MR together, 2 episodes to explain Soo Ah's backstory and tie it to the other girls at school like Tae Hee and Eun, 2 episodes to resolve KS family drama and give MR positive progress in her career.

I knew SA :rage:was going to work with MR and KS, now she's going to hurt MR. Poor MR, but at least she will know that it is SA who wants her badly:lol:.

I already imagine that the next two episodes of this week will be hard for our two leads,:cold_sweat: and surely the episode of this Saturday SA huges KS, even if I do not know in what circumstance it will take place, some here have said that Maybe when KS will be rejected by MR,  still poor MR, she goes a lot of crying

Ok I am very curious of how the scene with KS punching the coworker will work out in the story line…

SPOILER

In the manhwa KS confesses to MR after she helps set up a date for SA with KS. MR is shocked, and because she has a low self-esteem she is worried what people will think when they find out and that it could harm KS. But he on the other hand is hurt because he thinks she is only worried about appearances (or smt like that) and takes it as a rejection. Only after the rejection he hears what other students say about her behind her back and through that he start to understand her thoughts and fears, which is –again– a wonderful character development on his side.....so I really wonder if it will play out the same way (same chronologically) in the drama. If yes, it means that we get a confession this week! But it will be a torture to wait for MR confession if they drag that one out to next week [ ± _ ± ]

32 minutes ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

Ok I am very curious of how the scene with KS punching the coworker will work out in the story line…

SPOILER

It  will probably be more helpful if you use the actual spoiler tags next time, to make sure that those who don't want to read the spoiler

don't have to

2 hours ago, kangminjae said:

I hope everything will be resolved nicely! I know it feels like we need more episodes right now, but if you think about it, a lot more happens in each episode than we think.  

We could easily break it down like: 2 episodes to overcome misunderstanding and bring KS/MR together, 2 episodes to explain Soo Ah's backstory and tie it to the other girls at school like Tae Hee and Eun, 2 episodes to resolve KS family drama and give MR positive progress in her career.

half a episode of SA backstory and half a episode of her getting called out and slapped would be fine with me. 

19 minutes ago, xxPeepsxx said:

I already did the translations!!! Of the making and the preview (plus written preview)... on the JTBC youtube channel. Waiting for it to be reviewed, that's all. 

New adventure! I've never done that before!

Congrats on your new venture into translating. I’ve seen you doing it in Soompi for a long time and it’s much appreciated so the YouTube community will benefit now too. 

I would love to learn Korean so I don’t have to rely on subs. I took an introductory course but all I got out of it was learning the characters of the writing system. Which is a good start but  a long way from being able to converse. 

Memorizing the common Kdrama words and phrases is fun to use with your friends but again a far cry from understanding the language.  

Archived