[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

Yes, she's there, too, but after seeing the picture that @kangminjae posted where SA is hugging DKS, I think KMR ran to go give DKS an umbrella and saw that. I am not looking forward to it. It's like literally, KMR go and push her away from DKS, she don't deserve someone like him. :rage:

The good thing is that I don't think DKS would just let Soo Ah do that, lol, especially not if Mi Rae is there. It'll definitely lead to some action on his part.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, volturi987 said:

I am guessing this might be the scene in the webtoon where DKS confessed but Mirae still could not believe that someone like DKS would really like her. And DKS took Mirae’s reaction as a sad NO. Hopefully this would only be just a very short part of episode 11. So we can have more happy moments after.

I think so too. But fret no, we know what happen next. A brawl lead to KS understanding of how deep of hurt MR was, being talked behind and even on her face for her whole life about her look. It is a pivotal moment because only then he will fully understand where her insecurities came from and why she rejected his confession and why her handsome look is actually 'burdensome' for her. For KS, he was oblivious and ignorant of how people think about him no matter how good or bad his conduct is because of his pretty face but MR had to endure the double standard of society who put outer appearance first before everything else. We will see his anger...not being able to do anything about it for a girl he loves...

So looking forward for next episodes for these scenes because watching their character growth because of each other is so satisfying.

39 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

I think so too. But fret no, we know what happen next. A brawl lead to KS understanding of how deep of hurt MR was, being talked behind and even on her face for her whole life about her look. It is a pivotal moment because only then he will fully understand where her insecurities came from and why she rejected his confession and why her handsome look is actually 'burdensome' for her. For KS, he was oblivious and ignorant of how people think about him no matter how good or bad his conduct is because of his pretty face but MR had to endure the double standard of society who put outer appearance first before everything else. We will see his anger...not being able to do anything about it for a girl he loves...

So looking forward for next episodes for these scenes because watching their character growth because of each other is so satisfying.

I definitely hope they keep those parts in! ...But also that they fit it all into two episodes, cuz I wanna see my bbs together by Saturday night lmao.

6 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Yes, she's there, too, but after seeing the picture that @kangminjae posted where SA is hugging DKS, I think KMR ran to go give DKS an umbrella and saw that. I am not looking forward to it. It's like literally, KMR go and push her away from DKS, she don't deserve someone like him. :rage:

I'm hoping, too. It'll be stupid if KMR gives up DKS and helps SA try to get him. It's like she already figured it out that SA isn't that good, since the start, she shouldn't help her. Avoid SA like the other girls, too. 

Loved his character in The Best Hit. He was hot :lol:

I haven't seen that one yet but has been added to my ever growing watch list! CEW has a killer smile and I hope we get to see his pearly whites and half-moon eyes smile soooooon!! 

We are all so impatient hehe.. If they want to continue the high ratings they better give us our couple!!! I wonder if they add/remove scenes based on reactions from viewers.. which could explain why they haven't finished editing or given us a preview yet! Whatever they remove.. better not be some cute MR and KS scenes!! Still waiting for that infamous rain scene that is in so many dramas :lol:

Some of my fave scenes from the last episode were when KS shoved the young boy's phone back while they were on the bus LOL. Also when he asked MR if being neighbors also meant they were close, and she was like no, and KS was saying "mwo?" and looking all offended! Also same scene, when MR and KS were talking like they're in their own world and the snake SA decided to leave and slither away because she was clearly an outsider and not part of their conversation. YEAH! Take a hint girl!! We don't want you either! :angry:

I'm trying to make the time pass quicker till the next episode by searching for anything related to the drama.  I thought this
post from tumblr was funny.  

http://vivere-militare-est-1991.tumblr.com/post/177461072419/imagine-how-comfortable-it-would-be-to-have-do

Imagine how comfortable it would be to have Do Kyung Seok’s attitude. You say what you think to a person’s face, not caring what they’ll think. When you don’t want to talk with someone, you don’t like someone or when you don’t want to answer a question, you just don’t say anything and walk away. When annoying people say something about you, you just don’t give a richard simmons and ignore their babbling. Nobody knows what you feel and they don’t see your negative emotions like being hurt, angry, sad, uncomfortable, scared because you’re a master of walking around with your poker face.

I like the song choice for this FMV.  It goes so well.  It also shows KS's perfect poker face.

2 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

Oh yesss, that brawl scene is one of the scenes that I’m hoping the most to be included in the drama. For me it’s a really pivotal scene too not only because it’s a moment of understanding for KS, but also for MR to realize how much KS genuinely care for her & how far he’ll go for her. 

I have a guess that the fight might happen with the guy co-worker at the interior store who’s hitting on MR, since he has started making a remark about her body..

One change that I really like in the drama is that MR is not as naive as the webtoon version. MR in the webtoon has such a low self-esteem which is frustrating sometimes. 

Oh, and WY sunbae is a much better character in the drama :D

5 minutes ago, shunnie said:

I have a guess that the fight might happen with the guy co-worker at the interior store who’s hitting on MR, since he has started making a remark about her body..

YES! When that coworker said her face wasn't realistic, and then told her she had a nice body, I just knew Kyung Seok would eventually be punching his lights out lmao. Not to mention that Mi Rae then fudged the truth a little when Kyung Seok asked her what the guy said - almost like she subconsciously knows that KS would get into it with him if she actually repeated his words.

And I agree with the changes from the webtoon. I love that Mi Rae was already questioning why she isn't allowed to like KS, even though we know she still suffers from insecurity and that's why she says she'd rather an "average" guy. Honey, you deserve the best!

8 hours ago, kodomonojikan said:

I know this is off topic but I saw this post on IG from Cha Eun Woo’s minor role in the Kdrama The Best Hit. Such a contrast to Do Kyung Seok so I just had to post it.

Hope he gets many more leading roles and his exposure elevates the success of his group Astro. What he said on Knowing Bros when promoting the drama about someone making sarcastic remarks about them was heart breaking.  Very similar to what Mi Rae has to go through hearing people make fun of her.  He looked upset just telling the story so I can imagine how bad he felt at the time he it actually happened. 

Don’t know what motivates people to be so cruel.  The scary thing about Soo Ah is that there are people really like that. Those that can’t stand to see others happy and want to stick their nose in everyone’s business to be seen as better.  They don’t necessarily have a sad backstory like the Webtoon but are just really mean and selfish people. 

Anyway this video made me realize that DKS still hasn’t fully smiled.  Will he show Mi Rae that killer smile?

oh my, i din know CEW acted in The Best Hits... :scream: i noticed the drama cos of Lee Se Young (haha i super duper like her Buja role in A Korean Odyssey!) but that drama was on my to-watch list which i haven't started on :flushed: from the insta clip, i prefer CEW in KS hairstyle haha.. i like boyish image much more than the gel look!

2 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

i'm VERY looking forward to this! harsh reality hurts (for MR) but if you have kind and understanding soulmates (like HJ and KS), it's much more enduring and comforting :heart:

1 hour ago, kangminjae said:

YES! When that coworker said her face wasn't realistic, and then told her she had a nice body, I just knew Kyung Seok would eventually be punching his lights out lmao. Not to mention that Mi Rae then fudged the truth a little when Kyung Seok asked her what the guy said - almost like she subconsciously knows that KS would get into it with him if she actually repeated his words.

And I agree with the changes from the webtoon. I love that Mi Rae was already questioning why she isn't allowed to like KS, even though we know she still suffers from insecurity and that's why she says she'd rather an "average" guy. Honey, you deserve the best!

I thought the same.  If there is a fight that coworker would be involved.

There are scenes at the beginning of this video of KS's mom with KS and MR.  They are not at the designer center but they're wearing their uniforms.  I wonder what is going on.  The last time they worked, they changed into their regular clothes to go home so what happened that they left with mom in the work uniforms.

hmm.. could it be that KH ran away from home so now they are trying to find her? it was really heartbreaking for KH to suddenly realize her hatred for her mom was mostly caused by her dad faking the truth (after she screamed those nasty things to her mom).. and she is going to be sent off to US... too much to handle for a teenager especially for one from an affluent family background. :cry:

17 minutes ago, kodomonojikan said:

There are scenes at the beginning of this video with KS's mom with KS and MR.  They are not at the designer center but they're wearing their uniforms.  I wonder what is going on.  The last time they worked, they changed into their regular clothes to go home so what happened that they left with mom in the work uniforms.

Thanks for the video! I wonder if this will involve what we were just talking about, seeing as the place KS is most likely to get into a fight with a coworker is at work. Maybe KS is kicked out over it and MR goes with him, then the mom comes to check on him? :huh:

@sadthe1st: I hadn't thought about Kyung Hee, but you're right that they could be looking for her! I just assumed she'd head directly to her mom or KS, and wind up staying with either Hye Sung or Mi Rae and Hyun Jung lol.

Either way, it definitely feels like these scenes are all for the next two episodes... If only we had a promo to confirm!

3 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

I certainly agree that this part is important to be included in the drama. This will help DKS understand deeply KMR’s pain and insecurities. I am really hoping for a fast progression of events so we’ll all have our most awaited happy moments for our OTP.

They don’t need to include SA’s backstory so much. I’m not interested. LOL

I really liked the scene with KH and the mom.  I thought the dialogue was very realistic and touching.  Her reconciliation with the mom still has to happen which should also resolve the problem of being sent to the US but I'm leaning more toward what @kangminjae said because I just remembered in the webtoon, MR calls eomma after the fight.  I hope that doesn't mean KS lost his job.  But whatever the reason, I want everything to move quicker now.  We're running out of episodes for their date as an official couple, hand holding, hugs and kiss(es).  

Sometimes they post the preview a day or so before the episode so I'm hoping it will be ready before Friday.  I'm so impatient.  I need to fix that and the obsessive part of my personality.  :sweatingbullets:

21 minutes ago, shunnie said:

New BTS vid of the piggyback scene.

cr: JTBC drama

CEW seems so tired that he keeps falling asleep on set..

But I'm glad the filming atmosphere seems fun!

LOL.. the thumbnail is so cute.. like she's giving him a backhug!! :lol: The set does look fun! Lot of laughter!! Poor CEW.. it must be tiring for him! He was even doing concerts and sports events earlier this month so it must be a go go go schedule for him. At least everyone's hardwork is paying off thus far (all up to pdnim now to give us what we want!). Fighting! We must continue our support for this drama! :heart:

thanks @shunnie for the BTS vid :heart: CEO Na is so pretty!! she was trying to poke CEW's cheek when he dozed off hahaha wished there was subs cos i dunno what they were chatting and laughing.. all of them have very good rapport acting together too!

and, did CEW accidentally drop ISH? :joy:

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

Some new filming pics.  Its the same rain scene.  But in one of the pic HJ and TA are together.  :heart::wub:

Thanks for the pics! I'm really looking forward to this rain scene now. And I do hope TA ends up liking HJ, because I love her and she deserves a kind-hearted guy like him. Plus I don't want him depressed over Mi Rae.

ETA: THE PROMO IS OUT!

@susieunnie Give The Best Hit a shot if you're bored and trying to find something to watch. There isn't much on CEW, but he shows up a lot, but I really like the story. I enjoy watching movies/dramas directed by Cha Tae Hyun. It always has a good meaning behind it. :)

2 hours ago, shunnie said:

New BTS vid of the piggyback scene.

cr: JTBC drama

CEW seems so tired that he keeps falling asleep on set..

But I'm glad the filming atmosphere seems fun!

Oh yes! They are soo cute. CEW fell asleep, again. He must be tired to just sit and fall asleep instantly. :lol: He even got tired and joke about carrying ISH.

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

Some new filming pics.  Its the same rain scene.  But in one of the pic HJ and TA are together.  :heart::wub:

cr: dc gall

Thank you for sharing. Now I'm really looking forward to the rain scene. It's like what is going on here. 

thanks @kangminjae for the promo clip! and... WHAT IS THIS... SA JOINED THEM IN THE DESIGNER WORKPLACE??? :rage::thumbsdown: i super feel like slapping her.. and her arrogant look.. jo woori is a very promising actress, she made me v angry in her role.. LOLx and... what's with her feeding the kitten with a grin?? is she going to poison the poor thing?? hahaha even if she is being kind i would still think of her as having a vicious agenda :smirk: poor MR, she looked so hurt.........

friday is 2 days from now... and +1 day for the eng subs... argh.

Archived