[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

I'm very selective when picking dramas to watch and very critical when watching them so I'm trilled to see that there seems to be some interesting changes regarding gender equality in drama-land lately!  

I think this show is the most feminist kdrama I've watched in my over 10 years of being an asian-drama-fan and trust me, I know what I am talking about!

Imo it will be hard for any drama to top the quality we are seeing with this production. My only concern is that the quality could actually decrease! 

Either way…I'm getting anxiety knowing that there are still 3 days until the next episode but also knowing there are only 6 episodes left in total! I need them to confirm an extension NOW XD

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

I'm very selective when picking dramas to watch and very critical when watching them so I'm trilled to see that there seems to be some interesting changes regarding gender equality in drama-land lately!  

I think this show is the most feminist kdrama I've watched in my over 10 years of being an asian-drama-fan and trust me, I know what I am talking about!

Imo it will be hard for any drama to top the quality we are seeing with this production. My only concern is that the quality could actually decrease! 

Either way…I'm getting anxiety knowing that there are still 3 days until the next episode but also knowing there are only 6 episodes left in total! I need them to confirm an extension NOW XD

I thought to my self while watching this.. Korea really make good shows about life and could make such a good gay storyline if they ever come around. 

4 hours ago, Wotad said:

I really hate ever scene with SA i have to pause it to contain my anger. 

Chingu, you're not the only one. My anger builds up when I see her for just a split-second. It's like wow! how can they create such a person with this character that we hate soo much. 

An official thanked the fans for 5% rating.

tSFMVUC.jpg

관계자는 "지난 10회가 5%의 시청률을 기록했다. 시청자들의 따뜻한 애정과 열띤 호응 덕분이라고 생각한다"는 감사 인사와 함께 "‘내 아이디는 강남미인’이 어느덧 후반부에 돌입했다. 청춘 캐릭터들의 내적 성장과 많은 드라마 팬분들이 기다리시는 도래 커플의 로맨스 등이 지금까지보다 더 짜릿하고 재미있게 펼쳐질 예정이니 앞으로도 많은 사랑과 기대 부탁드린다"고 전했다.

"The previous 10th episode recorded a 5 percent viewer rating," said an official. "My ID has just entered the second half of the show with gratitude for its warm affection and enthusiastic response from viewers." "We ask for more love and hope from now on, as the inner growth of young characters and the romance of the upcoming couple will be more exciting and exciting than ever."
cr: dc gall

Aww, that's so cool that they thanked fans! And I spy the "upcoming romance" part of that paragraph, which better include kisses!

4 hours ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

I'm a kdrama baby in comparison to you, seeing as the first drama I finished was Healer and I didn't watch it until 2016. But I totally agree that this is the most feminist one I've seen so far! And I share your fear that the quality might go down, but I hope it doesn't.

I've said this before, but kdramas (and honestly any piece of fiction, it's just more obvious here because there's a set number of episodes) tend to get consumed by the male lead's story before the end even if there's no rhyme or reason for it. I love Kyung Seok's story so far, and I find his family drama fascinating, but Mi Rae's story isn't done yet either and she still has a lot of growing to do. So I pray that the production team balances both sides well, and furthermore that they keep DKS as the feminist icon who apologizes for his missteps that we fell in love with lmao.

4 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

@Wotad i did watch a korean movie on that topic.. its called Two Weddings and A Funeral.. haha :sweat_smile:

@turtle0217 i guess behind every successful kdrama is one mega annoying character that will anger us so much and love the main couple even

more hahaha :grimace:

Of course. There has to always be one. :lol:

3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

관계자는 "지난 10회가 5%의 시청률을 기록했다. 시청자들의 따뜻한 애정과 열띤 호응 덕분이라고 생각한다"는 감사 인사와 함께 "‘내 아이디는 강남미인’이 어느덧 후반부에 돌입했다. 청춘 캐릭터들의 내적 성장과 많은 드라마 팬분들이 기다리시는 도래 커플의 로맨스 등이 지금까지보다 더 짜릿하고 재미있게 펼쳐질 예정이니 앞으로도 많은 사랑과 기대 부탁드린다"고 전했다.

"The previous 10th episode recorded a 5 percent viewer rating," said an official. "My ID has just entered the second half of the show with gratitude for its warm affection and enthusiastic response from viewers." "We ask for more love and hope from now on, as the inner growth of young characters and the romance of the upcoming couple will be more exciting and exciting than ever."

Yay! Cannot wait for more to come. I'm all caught up and I'm just dying to see KMR not lose DKS to SA. It's like girl, we know he's yours, but you still gotta fight and show it to the world that he's yours. :lol::lol::lol:

Soompi  article

I think no-one can fit this role as perfectly as her:)

4 hours ago, pad-hari said:

The upcoming romance is enough for me to make me stick madly to the show.. I want the main lead couple romance n their relationship development!! 

17 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

:dizzy: Why is he walking in the rain? Oh no! 

I have a feeling I know what scene this is... And it's making me wonder how close to the air date they film. Lowkey hoping it's for this week's episodes, and that's why we don't have a promo yet. Because I'm not gonna be okay if this scene happens after 12. :blink:

1 hour ago, kangminjae said:

I have a feeling I know what scene this is... And it's making me wonder how close to the air date they film. Lowkey hoping it's for this week's episodes, and that's why we don't have a promo yet. Because I'm not gonna be okay if this scene happens after 12. :blink:

That's right, we didn't get a preview for the new episodes. Ohh! Now, I am really looking forward to the upcoming episodes. I am really wondering what is happening in this scene. You only see CEW filming.

7 hours ago, pad-hari said:

HOW ABOUT AN EXTENSIOOOONNNN ٩(♡ε♡)۶

1 hour ago, kangminjae said:

OMG I think I know too what this scene will be! I hope they don't drang it to the next week out or I'll have to hibernate a whole week because I wouldn't survive the wait!

3 hours ago, kangminjae said:

Is this new? :ph34r: I don't know how to embed the video here..

Y is he walking in rain alone? It looks sad.. I hope nothing happened with Mi Rae!! When will the preview come? 

29 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

The rain scene filming, ISY is also here with umbrella

more pic

dc gall

She also looks somewhat slumped!! Was there something happened between them? That DKS left umbrella with her n Mi Rae slumping on the ground!! I want preview!! 

I saw the picture of ISH circulating a few days ago and the pictures and video of CEW was posted today or yesterday.

So i actually don't think they where together... 

i read the webtoon but i really don't know which scene they are filming.:fearful:

i think they didn't release a preview because we would know what will happen and they want to keep it a surprise or they are just not finished with filming. I'm guessing the first one

I am guessing this might be the scene in the webtoon where DKS confessed but Mirae still could not believe that someone like DKS would really like her. And DKS took Mirae’s reaction as a sad NO. Hopefully this would only be just a very short part of episode 11. So we can have more happy moments after.

1 hour ago, volturi987 said:

I am guessing this might be the scene in the webtoon where DKS confessed but Mirae still could not believe that someone like DKS would really like her. And DKS took Mirae’s reaction as a sad NO. Hopefully this would only be just a very short part of episode 11. So we can have more happy moments after.

Agreed.

I think it’s that scene as well and it makes perfect sense from the photos. MR does initially reject DKS but comes to her senses after she realizes how she really feels about him.

I think we got some foreshadowing of her reaction last weekend when her bestie suggested that DKS likes her and she rebutted the idea by telling her friend that her ideal guy is basically an average guy. She’s still insecure about the fact that she had plastic surgery so it’s a big deal to her that the guy she dates knows this and accepts this about her. And there I was thinking, “girl, KDS knew you before surgery and after surgery and accepts you just as you are.” Still, I understand her insecurities. Dating someone like that will mean constantly standing in the spotlight and consequently she’ll be constantly talked about. 

I think DKS confuses her at times too because he gives her mix signals by saying she’s his friend while acting like a lover. :lol: He just needs to confess already so she understand his feelings for her.

Archived