[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

Please stick to the drama discussion. If you want to talk about RL dating rumors, post it somewhere else. We discourage people from spreading rumors in the community. 

PS: Though you can always tell people Kang Dong Won is secretly married to a Soompi mod. Wae? Why is my love life just a rumor?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol..

i mean this is really mean to JWR ( bold part .. you are dissing her for not being someone a handsome boy can fall in love with)

oh irony!

You have misunderstood me. I never said JWR is not pretty. She is. Why I commented like that because I know korean group idols don't simply date. If they really want to date, then they will do it secretly unless caught.

5 hours ago, pad-hari said:

the movie date pic for next episode

This bts gif is making my heart go duguen duguen!!!!!:wub::love:

cr: dc gall

wXpZalr.gif

omg ths is amazing his face is gorgeous. 

12 hours ago, ganko said:

In the behind the scenes, i thought Jo Woori seems very interested in CEW, there was one video where she sits super close to him haha, but not sure if it's mutual. He looks very friendly too but more neutral. I don't really care if they are dating as long as it is revealed after the drama, but i do i agree it is a bit weird. In that case, I would have preferred that they had cast someone else as Soo Ah or been a little bit more subtle...i mean that's just asking for trouble if it is revealed lol :P 

Luckily both CEW and Im So Hyang is really good actors and their chemistry is really nice, it's easy to focus on the characters. I just wish Soo Ah had a bit less screen time, she drives me crazy with her scheming! I hope we can get more scenes between the leads and not focus too much on the other storylines....well mostly the rapper one haha. It's just so out of context :huh:

where that video. 

the movie date pic for next episode

This bts gif is making my heart go duguen duguen!!!!!:wub::love:

cr: dc gall

Really looking forward to the whole movie date. :lol:

a write up on Kwak dong yeun by one of the blogs

http://couch-kimchi.com/2018/08/12/flavour-of-the-week-kwak-dong-yeon/

He is of the same age as CEW.  I like how he is taking up matured roles for acting.  Looking forward to his lead role in the future.

Wow! I didn't know he was the same age as CEW. He looks soo much older than them all. That's why behind the scene, Im Soo Hyang teases him by calling him "Oppa." :lol:

11 minutes ago, Wotad said:

where that video. 

In a previous post, probably somewhere in the beginning. I don't remember exactly, but i think it was the introduction of the drama with an interview of the four leads :) 

On 8/11/2018 at 6:52 AM, moonlover399993 said:

By the way, from what movie/drama is your profile pic from? The person looks familiar but I can't tell. 

Spoiler

Kang Dong Won from one of his movies

I can't wait for Kwak Dong Yeon to hit big. He's very versatile and expressive. Look how he owns the sunbae role here even though he's quite younger than the other cast. 

22 hours ago, pad-hari said:

@mapleoaks5,  I dont know what this is about.  but  in dc gall there has been a discussion about the drama so far.  I tried to google translate it.  but it did not make any sense. Will be happy if you could atleast post the gist of this.  thanks in advance.  

기본적으로 작감은 이 작품을 반만 이해함

솔직히 이 들마 원작 그대로 잘 따라갔으면 블루레이까지 무난히 갔을 건데..

3, 4화에서 좀 찝찝했지만 그래도 계속 보자,
만화 자체가 길지 않으니까 서사 추가하다보면
곁가지 좀 생길 수 있지 했는데..

6화 보고 진짜 실망했음..

기본적으로 작감이 이 작품을 반만 이해한 것 같다..
원작이 왜 인기 있었는지, 원작이 각 장면마다 의도한 메시지가 뭔지 딱 반만 이해했고
수박 겉핥기처럼 원작 그대로 재밌어보이는
에피 가져왔다가 작가 멋대로 대사 추가해서 모순이 일어난 게 보인다..

이를테면 

1) 도경석 엄마 나혜성은 앞에서 실컷 외모지상주의 비판해놓고 미래가 성형했다니까 '예뻐졌네'라며 위로 아닌 위로하고,
2) 예쁘다는 말조차 하지 말라는 태희선배한테 그 남자선배가 위로랍시고 '난 마른 여자 싫다, 너처럼 통통한 애가 좋다'라고 하고 
3) 연우영 '꼭 이렇게 해야 했니?' 드립.. 

Essentially the person is saying that the drama isn't following the webtoon exactly and it would have been better if it did. They watched 3 and 4 and said let's keep watching and see how it does, its not like the webtoon is that long. But after seeing episode 6, they're so disappointed. She feels like the writer only understands half the story.

1. When KMR told DKS mom she had plastic surgery and the mom said she got prettier, she thought it defeated the whole purpose of critiquing the superficialness of judging a person by their outer beauty, by then complimenting KMRs beauty after plastic surgery.

2. When taehee was feeling down about everything the sunbae comforted her but by saying stuff like oh some guys like chubby and cute girls like you. When earlier taehee said don't judge me according to your standards etc. seems hypocritical. 

3. Yunwooyoung "did you really have to do this?" (Don't understand what her complaint here is? She didn't really elaborate))

ok the rest is too long, it's a lot more difficult for me to read and understand than it is for me to listen and understand. Sorry!!!  Don't have much time to sit and try to make it out! 

33 minutes ago, Sejabini said:

I watch ep 5-6 :star: and for me.. :

1. Kwang Sook is too handsome :love:

2.  drama version is too dramatic while webtoon version is more real and I can feel Mi Rae's pain and loneliness better in webtoon

3. most of guys in this drama are too weird. except

kwang soo and that handsome senior xixixixi

4. I enjoy webtoon more than drama version. I cry a lot when reading webtoon :bawling:

5. being pretty doesn't mean that life will be easier for you. sometimes a guy can choose narcotic-drunker-girl in rehab but with a very lot of fortune because she is the heiress of a big hospital. sometimes.. 

6. for me and my eyes the prettiest girl in this drama is that girl with pink t shirt. their chairman? that girl with long-medium-straight-hair.  she looks more natural for me than Soo Ah. but I like Mi Rae character of course

7. why do I feel Mi Rae lines or Kwang Sook lines is too few comparing to Soo Ah? or others? sometimes in one scene together Soo Ah talks a lot than the lead roles. 

8. I will continue my webtoon now (still at ep 50 something I cried a lot last night) 

9. why everybody earrings in this drama are too pretty :bawling: 

10. life is a battle. even for the prettiest girl/woman. let us enjoying life :heart: 

(back to my webtoon again..) 

happy tuesday everyone :kiss_wink:

Actually im the opposite, i think the webtoon too dramatic and the drama more real. People already calling drama mirae too timid etc, imagine if its following webtoon Mirae. KS webtoon also kinda mean with mirae on early chapter that i don't think drama watcher would take it kindly. Let's not forget WY character that so insensitive that i want to smack some sense to him

i watched all 6 episodes from like 1am to 7 am last night LOL

anyways i love our main couple, love their chemistry! i really hate SA and kind of tired of it after 6 episodes, people like that choose to act like that x_x

i've never watched the actress playing Mi Rae, so glad i got to watch her here.  i love how she's portraying MR, like you can feel her awkwardness, feeling of uncomfort, and all her other emotions a lot

The real goddess in this drama is Eun. Wake up, people! She's like a celestial being who has descended on earth to cheer me up by offering to dance a complex Gfriend choreo then proceeds to do so while maintaining her poker face. 

@mapleoaks5, thank you for ur time to give us what is there in the discussion.  Actually there are discussions in the DCGall comparing the webtoon and the drama.  There are also some +ve and  -ve discussion.  I almost try to google translate and make out what they are discussing.  But this one was kinda senseless by google translation.  thats why i requested you.  anyway, TU once again.

Ok, I also like EUN unni in the show.  Just searched her profile and her name is Park Yoo Na.  The more shocking news is she is from the same high school as Cha Eun Woo and they joined the Golden Bell challenge together and even sat next to each other.  Wow!!!!!:love:

I8Ela5T.jpg

Some more pics of her. 

qdcjz6T.jpg

3eN504Z.jpg

Spoiler

BxIIQhe.jpg

owVhiEa.jpg

Cr Dc gall

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

@mapleoaks5, thank you for ur time to give us what is there in the discussion.  Actually there are discussions in the DCGall comparing the webtoon and the drama.  There are also some +ve and  -ve discussion.  I almost try to google translate and make out what they are discussing.  But this one was kinda senseless by google translation.  thats why i requested you.  anyway, TU once again.

Ok, I also like EUN unni in the show.  Just searched her profile and her name is Park Yoo Na.  The more shocking news is she is from the same high school as Cha Eun Woo and they joined the Golden Bell challenge together and even sat next to each other.  Wow!!!!!:love:

Some more pics of her. 

Cr Dc gall

WOW! That's amazing! 

Making video

Credit to youtube JTBCDrama

15 minutes ago, Sejabini said:

I think she is more lonely in webtoon because she has no one. to talk to about her feelings. while in drama she has her friend (that cute one in the same dorm room with her) and it is easier. I mean if you have someone close to talk to about everything and will help you if you face difficulties it will be easier than if you have no one like Mi Rae character in the webtoon. Kyung sook is the first close friend. btw is that handsome sunbae's name Woo Young? I like him!! xixixixi he might like pretty face but he never underestimate anyone around him like telling a girl to eat less or to take plastic surgery. he is sweet xixixixi... btw are we talking about the same person? who is that insensitive WY? wkwkwkwkwk I am sorry I am not easily remember supporting character names lols :joy:

so that pretty girl name is Park Yeon Na? that Eun? she is the prettiest for me in this drama xixixixi.. 

Spoiler

Yeah,he is. I mean when mirae keep asking him, is it really her face that making him like her,with that unsure expression,he should have a clue. He is too honest. Glad KS give him a talk so he can understand mirae position better.

On 8/13/2018 at 5:17 PM, kangminjae said:

That scene was so cute! And then she lies to herself that he's not that cute. Oh, honey... They both make each other so flustered, it's adorable.

I loved this scene so much too.....she's so adorable.

I agree with the posts about Eun...imo she's one of my favs and tbh not sure why people think she's not attractive - she's hot hahaha #girlcrush. I hope we get to know a little more about her.

Not sure how I can wait until Friday!! So i'm going to try and read the webtoon.

& wow I didn't know TA's actor, YWY was a lot younger than his character. I think he's doing a really good job acting as an older character!! 

Archived