[Drama 2018] Let me introduce her / If it's her / About Her, 그녀로 말할 것 같으면

0ly40

2 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@dotonly, generally I don’t like love triangles but I can understand why writers employ them to create conflict. I still dislike them though. In this story I think of KJW as a normal good guy. I’m holding back judgment on KCK simply because it seems like he is more complicated than what has been revealed so far. I really want to know why the maids can’t clean the basement. What is he hiding down there? I hope the mystery and the wait will be worth it.

Me too, I rather dislike love triangles but here we have a really unusual love triangle as the second lead is the husband. We don't know what JEH felt towards her husband before and after the marriage. Was it love from the start or deception that turned into love and later disappointment, when she discovered the truth ? 

As for KJW, I am curious how he will stay in touch with JEH. First, he will distance himself from her but at some point, he will change his mind. The questions are: why and how?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finally saw last week's episodes.. and can I say that the sets are gorgeous! hahahahah... love those gardens. how pretty are those landscapes. and somehow keep noticing those marble floors. it really feels like a ultra rich person's house.... and even the chairman's costumes and her wild accessories. keep noticing her earrings and necklaces with each outfit. hahahah... and even the secretary -- doesn't she remind you of a very well put together spider? :lol: hahahah.. even love her costumes. she seems so sharp. am also liking that housekeeper boss who tells her not to gossip and keeps making comments. kekekkek.... and that lotus garden where they took a walk -- well that was something new right? haven't seen it before in kdramas.

and funnily enough, am actually enjoying the very different dynamic she has with the two men. there is a sweetness she has with kang woo whereas with the anchor, it is mysterious and yet kind of seductive. almost a kind of energy pull between the two of them.

@bebebisous33 @celebrianna  @zenya22 ~ haven't seen this week's eps yet but what I found interesting in last week's episodes is how she remembers the details about him. it is not like she is afraid or anxious or fearful. instead, there is a kind of wry amusement in her voice as she says, he hates silver ties or he likes dates with wine. only after recalling, there is confusion because she isn't sure what it means but when she recalls them, there is no repressed anger or fear or anything...

@dotonly ~ for once, am not irritated by a potential love triangle because there is a bigger mystery of what happened. so am more curious about that and not even casually curious about who she will end up with. also, the characters seem so mature that you feel like it won't be the end of the world for either of the two men if they dont' get her. they will move on somehow... so the stakes don't seem so high for a love story and instead all about her safety. what happened in that house?

Of course the three leads are all mature and married (RL) too. hahaha...

And that's what makes it more interesting for me because I rarely watch kdrama about married (mature) couple. Those story are usually makjang/daily dramas, right? So Im wondering what kind of story this drama will give to us. And I also dont care who she will end up with. This drama more focused on mystery/thriller(?) than the love/emotional part. So I wont pull my hair or cry a river if the end wasn't something that I hoped for.

And I also realise that KCK is full of mystery. Is he good or bad? I think that's where the love triangle come from. They make us (me in particular) like the character first before they "shot" us.

I just dont like love triangle.

I was also questioning HKW's decision for not telling JEH what who she really was. JEH as SH was already fumbling and giving herself away with bits and pieces of her memories flashing when she was around William and her husband and she instinctively acts on those memories. Those were witnessed by the dangerous butler Jung who wanted her dead. HKW said that he wants to do more research before he tells her. However, it would make more sense for him to tell her so JEH can also do research that may trigger valid memories that may help to protect herself . Then HKW goes to the broadcast station to ask the KCK wierd questions about how CK feels if his wife had plastic surgery. KCK's assistant also told him that after HKW went to the station for the appointment with KCK and asked questions about the anchor's wife in the picture at the anchor's desk. Those may have given KCK clues and thus his surprise appearance at the police station when JEH and family were being reunited? How did he know?

It is quite telling though that KCK may have loved his wife dearly but felt differently abour her family? JEH brother did not have KCK's phone number and he did not meet up with JEH lil brother when he went to station to give him the divorce papers. He did not speak with JEH brother either but told his assistant to tell BIL that he left and just feed him lunch. If he met with the brother in law, he would have gotten the divorce paper that was served to the inlaws by his own mother. But that lunch did give us some information about the little brother that he was the cosmetic expert in the family or at least works for a cosmetic company or managed a beauty products store?

Basing on the amnesiac JEH aka SH, her instinctive reactions towards KCK when her memories are triggered seem to be very caring. Also KCK reminiscing about their dates described JEH positively and lovingly and said that if he could bring back those days he would do anything. They must have been in love and happy during their dating days and maybe deteriorated when they married? JEH was said to be depressed and suicidal but stayed married for 8 years, and those scars on her wrists seem to be recent. I wonder why HKW did not work on those scars just to further help hide her identity. 

Till Saturday. 

@bebebisous33, I also wonder how the story will proceed because I kind of no longer see the necessity of KJW’s character. He was needed for the plastic surgery and to support JEH afterwards but really he’s just a regular guy. I mean, take for instance the fact that he was not too suspicious that his house might have been broken into by the crooked persistent guy downstairs. It just shows that KJW is straightforward. I think that they might continue to develop his role in the story maybe through the connection with the cosmetic company and his clingy ex-girlfriend? Hmmm. Anyway, I’m kind of looking forward to the revelations now that JEH went back to the beautiful creepy house.

@Lmangla, could be amnesiac JEH is not afraid of the anchor because she doesn’t remember what she uncovered about him. He said that the maid reminded him of the cheerful fun person JEH was when they were dating. Marriage seems to have changed her. Also, I think her body remembers her husband’s tastes because she was probably a “perfect” wife who was extremely attentive to his needs. The JEH we were introduced to chose to leave. To me she could have chosen to turn a blind eye to whatever it was that she discovered for the sake of her husband’s love. Also, even if the issue was connected to her MIL or Ms. Jung, she should have been able to seek protection from her husband who seem to love her very much. That’s why I find the mansion and it’s occupants mysterious. 

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

whereas with the anchor, it is mysterious and yet kind of seductive. almost a kind of energy pull between the two of them.

Sorry to cut your post but...

Its normal for hubby and wifey...

@dotonly and @Lmangla I confess I cannot feel anything but creepy between the husband and wife. It’s purely because of the basement thing though. This is why I think chemistry is subjective to the viewer because although the husband and wife are attractive people, since the husband is suspect to me, whenever he touches her I flinch. LOL The funny thing is that if I didn’t have any suspicion about him, I most likely would have felt differently.

@zenya22, thanks for reminding me about KCK’s rejection of the BIL’s visit. Could it be that he refused to see him because he didn’t know the whereabouts of his wife or was that just haughtiness? Also, it seemed like JEH’s mother refused to search for her to prevent a scandal. Still, why would she be afraid of that when the public didn’t know JEH? I don’t think her name would attract attention unless it’s from the old colleagues at the news station. 

OH and the other fun couple who make me laugh is the push and pull and sometimes bickering relationship between the 2 assistants. Han Hee Young the nurse/business manager and cousin of Kang woo and Lee Hyun Soo the anchor's assistant. They seem to have known and been friends and even more than friends long ago? What happened then?  

I don't like the husband at all.  Why would you want to delegate the task of finding your wife to somebody who is quite obviously in love with you, even if she's the hired help....plus the way he treats her is not cool at all.  He also doesn't have good relations with his in-laws.  His character is a big thumbs down for me right now.  Let's see if his character will have any redeeming qualities in future episodes.

I was quite surprised that everybody knew about her identity this early in drama.  Makes me wonder what's the point of getting plastic surgery at all if everybody's gonna know anyway

1 hour ago, dotonly said:

Sorry to cut your post but...

Its normal for hubby and wifey...

LOL... happy-leaf-emoticon.gif?1292794623but doesn't the mysterious seductive vibe disappear after a few years @dotonly

@celebrianna ~ initially thought the basement was weird and his whole insistence that basement not be touched and his mother saying there are weird rumours running around.. and then I see him on CCTV and it just made met think that he is probably sitting there playing video games? hahahahah.... who knows whether it is not that creepy (it may well end up being and I also havent' seen this week's episodes yet) but am getting a privacy vibe than creepy? he was so surprised that she knew he liked dates with wine and asked butler jang but she told him that it was her. however, it seemed like something she had no clue about. then he said that he didn't mind that EH knew which was a kind of strange thing to say. why does it matter if someone knows whether you eat dates or olives with wine? it is not like he is head of state and can be poisoned or something. hahahahha... so maybe he is one of those super private people?

@millicom ~ am not sure if it is clear where they are heading with the husband character. he could turn out to be full on evil or just simply grey or even just misunderstood. the mystery seems to be half the fun with this drama... and the gorgeous sets! hahahaha...

@millicom smileysWelcome to this forum and thread! cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532 The more we are, the better it is...cheerleader pink mousecute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif?1301940532

I guess, the point of her story is not finding out her identity, rather finding out her personality. Remember that she was tormented by the thought, she might be a bad person... So her quest is to find who she really is. Is she a nice person? Did she love her husband or not? Why was she chased? What could she do before? In the last episode, she realized that she could cook like a professional. But what was her real job?

@bebebisous33, I find the difference in JEH’s personality in the beginning of the show and her personality now a sharp contrast. It’s makes me very interested to know why she seems like two different women. Sometimes she even seem like an airhead as the maid because common sense and observation should have told her not to bring her mother’s packed dishes to her husband while Chairman Min was present. The JEH at the beginning of the show took risks but seemed smart enough to evade the thugs after her for many months. So indeed this is a search to find the real JEH.

16 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@bebebisous33, I find the difference in JEH’s personality in the beginning of the show and her personality now a sharp contrast. It’s makes me very interested to know why she seems like two different women. Sometimes she even seem like an airhead as the maid because common sense and observation should have told her not to bring her mother’s packed dishes to her husband while Chairman Min was present. The JEH at the beginning of the show took risks but seemed smart enough to evade the thugs after her for many months. So indeed this is a search to find the real JEH.

normally I would be rolling my eyes at the airhead phase but somehow I am enjoying it because it makes me laugh? hahahahha.... all those mishaps.. kekekek... the old JEH was super depressed. not fun to watch really.

15 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Besides, the former JEH saw herself as greedy and blamed herself for her situation. She was definitely depressed. The actual JEH seems to be more cheerful and less secretive. 

By the way, KJW is the only one who met the "guardian"... so at some point, he has to meet him and recognize him. Besides, I believe that President Min might try to push CY towards her own son and use KJW to force JEH to ask for a divorce.

7 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I find the difference in JEH’s personality in the beginning of the show and her personality now a sharp contrast. It’s makes me very interested to know why she seems like two different women. Sometimes she even seem like an airhead as the maid because common sense and observation should have told her not to bring her mother’s packed dishes to her husband while Chairman Min was present. The JEH at the beginning of the show took risks but seemed smart enough to evade the thugs after her for many months. So indeed this is a search to find the real JEH.

@celebriannaI agree. The JEH pre surgery was street smart, versed in martial arts and trained in CPR she saved the doctor's life. She had a keen perception of what was going on around her environment. Aside from her husband, she was the one other person that William the dog was friendly with. She had the respect of the house help. The after plastic surgery JEH  jumped to conclusions listening to gossip and felt guilty without verifying facts and acted on her unverified conclusions like when she cried because she thought she was her husband's mistress and she was a bad woman. She thougt the wife of the anchor was the one trying to kill her when everything she heard about the woman did not point to a killer. If she was told by the doctor the reason why she had surgery was because someone was trying to kill her would it not be prudent to not leave the before picture laying around the house where anyone could find it? I was thinking that maybe it was the interpretation of the actress but it could also be that it is part of the story and something happened to her brain when she had slipped into a day of coma? 

Guys, I think she was probably depressed after living for years in that house. With a MIL like that it’s understandable plus I wonder what kind of expectations she had to live up to in her position as the lady of the house. It didn’t seem as though her family was welcomed either. The maids were probably the most down to earth for her. In addition, since the public doesn’t know her, it doesn’t seem as though she ever participated in charities and events that quite a few rich ladies sponsor or attend. So then, it might be that she was a wife that only stayed pretty much at home. The husband is a news anchor, model and heir to a company and yet there is no picture of him at an event with his wife? It’s very weird.

@bebebisous33, I completely forgot that KJW is the only one who knows the guardian because it’s not even like he came to the office. He only met him in the parking lot as far as I remember.

@zenya22, both KJW and JEH were careless to leave the picture lying around. Sometimes I wished that characters in drama watched crime shows because then they would get a clue. LOL 

@Lmangla Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Who knows?

And if not a lot at least he still has a bit of love/care for her to make him can sense something from someone stranger (her looks) to him.

I dont know if this makes sense.

Thanks for the welcome. 

It was mentioned that she's a novelist.  It's possible that she acquired her martial skills and cooking skills as part of her research for her books.

Watching the flashback scene on when her relationship started with her husband, I didn't find it romantic at all, it felt like he just admitted and made it public because his co-worker saw them together

Finally I've managed to catch up with this drama. I'm really loving the mystery although sometimes certain things get me riled up. So many questions I had, and I do wonder how it's going to be resolved. So this might be a long rant, but please bear with me... Hahaha, apologies in advance :D

Like @millicom said, I was quite surprised the change in JEH was revealed so soon. But I guess, there's only so much you can find out by being the hired help. Actually being in the house as the mistress would be much productive, albeit more dangerous.

On JEH, we have been shown that she is or was a good person - nice to the maids and very attentive to her husband. But then, she's also very adept at martial arts, have a myriad of skills which doesn't seem so ordinary. She's also supposed to be a novelist - maybe she's hunting down a story (or evidence on certain things that happened in the past)? I have a feeling it somehow relates to her family. Where is her father? The way her brother talks about cosmetics, it seems likely it is a family business (I seem to remember her mother and brother at their shop - more like a farmacy?). Why did she become depressed after marrying KCK and why did she ran away and yet her husband is only asking Ms Jung to find her, rather than reporting to the police? Although maybe that is related to him avoiding scandals to the public - public perception seems like his utmost concern with how he kissed JEH in front of his colleagues, revealing his mother's cosmetic line that is not-actually-organic to show that he's trustworthy. And he seems sure that she's only biding her time to come back, rather than running away from something. But I seem to remember early on in the episodes that he actually wants something back from her (is it the phone? Or a USB? My memory is jumbled up from watching so many dramas right now and too lazy to backwatch haha sorry. Anyone who remembers are welcome to set me straight). But then we got a shot of him caressing their picture and sleeping holding that - so there are feelings there. So it's quite grey for me regarding him for now. Although I agree that the basement thing is creepy. There is a possibility of this although not sure if there's any truth to it, but previously I even thought about some secret child/mistress/someone in the basement who is maybe bedbound. This thought came to me when Miss Jung gave the contract to JEH to sign, and one of the things the maids have to keep secret is how much food and the nutritional value is consumed in the house. But maybe I'm overthinking too much lol.

So why Ms Jung wants to kill her? Is it  really just about jealousy because she wants KCK for herself, or does it run deeper than that? Wasn't she searching for the bracelet before? Meanwhile it's true that JEH is probably searching for the phone (the red phone which ironically is now in her possession although she doesn't know it). The phone belongs to a gardener but the phone was found in the wine cellar. So there must be something in the phone that JEH probably records or saved in there which is revealing enough for her to arrange to come back after her surgery (although why it takes more than two months for the owner to call the phone escapes me). There's also the mystery of what Miss Jung did that she was being punished by being a sort-of butler rather than someone with a position at the company.

Then JEH's mother. I'm inclined to think positively about her just because she's our protagonist's mother. But the way she wasn't going to report her missing and her outburst about not having her daughter get divorced because she (JEH) won't get anything is getting to me. Is she pushing her daughter to KCK because of money? Even MIL offhandedly said that she is living well when she went to give them the divorce papers (seems to indicate there was money involved although in what way or form is unknown at the moment). Or maybe it's just smokescreen from the writer, but I haven't been able to warm up to her character since the beginning. So we'll see how it plays out. 

Now, MIL is also poised to be the evil, manipulative mother in law. But then she also said she felt disdain towards her own son because of JEH. Is JEH somehow blackmailing her using KCK? If yes, what did she have on him that made even his mother pause? Or it is just the normal troupe of her not approving her daughter in law's family? Hmm..

Lastly, who is the guardian? Why did he disappear once he realises JEH had lost her memory? Initially, I thought he was a lawyer (was it the in the first or second episode where he was shown to be in some sort of an office and I seem to recognise hints of a prosecutor logo somewhere in the shot). And he's still calling Seo Hyun Seo's number... Remember earlier on in the drama JEH had broke down in front of him and berating herself for being so greedy - is it really because of money or maybe something else? 

Oh well, we are just going to have to wait. But I'm glad that the story seems to be moving quite fast. And thanks for reading guys. Sorry if I'm rambling too much haha 

Archived