[Drama 2018] Let me introduce her / If it's her / About Her, 그녀로 말할 것 같으면

0ly40

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished watching the first four episodes and really enjoyed them. I’m curious to know what her occupation was because she definitely seemed sufficiently skilled in combat. I do wonder if her MIL’s assistant is acting on her own when giving orders to have her killed. I could be wrong but somehow the assistant seems to have her own agenda. I’m also looking forward to finding out what exactly our heroine was running from and why her male friend thought it best to cut ties with her after finding out she lost her memory after surgery. So many questions.

As to our main couple, I’m enjoying them so far. I suspect since it’s a melodrama there are tough times ahead but I hope their relationship grows stronger through whatever they might face together.

I finally able to watch the last week eps. Interesting.

Imho, no one can be trusted. Not even Han Kang Woo and Shin Hyun Seo. I could be wrong but, who knows. I/we dont know who's on the good side yet. Everything was still a mystery.

I want alot of unexpected background stories and motives from the characters. Not just the usual "ah she/he is the evil one" from the very beginning, tho I still can accept that kinda story too.

Im sorry if my post confusing.

@dotonly ~ true, we aren't sure who to trust at all but so far doctor kang woo seems like a good guy. as for hyun soo, well she herself said that she doesn't know if she is a bad character. and so far, the writer is keeping it all mysterious where we aren't able to immediately spot the villains and who are just morally grey characters...

12 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I do wonder if her MIL’s assistant is acting on her own when giving orders to have her killed. I could be wrong but somehow the assistant seems to have her own agenda.

that could be a possibility. we know that the anchor asked her to find "her" but we don't really know for what purpose. so maybe she is just getting rid of the competition? trying to marry him somehow?

On 7/10/2018 at 9:28 AM, cafe99 said:

OMG, this actually begins to air this weekend. If it's mystery/drama I hope it's good and not so makjang (even with the surgery thingy, lol)

kekekek.... given the whole surgery and amnesia, was really expecting a fun makjang vibe (you know what I mean right? hahahah.. those over the top histronics) but so far, everyone's acting is really dialed down that it is almost a kind of quiet mystery instead. reminds me of those quiet detective stories where someone in the village gets murdered or something...

On 7/13/2018 at 6:43 AM, evie7 said:

I know, I like them too. Why do they have to give Jo Hyun Jae a dark side? My poor Hun Kang evil in another drama?:cry:

do you think he's evil? he seems to have his own agenda that even people at the station aren't sure what to make of him. why expose his own mother's company that they don't exactly use natural products? what exactly is his ambition? and will there be a love triangle? if he is good, it is a possibility but if he is bad, then it won't happen right?

there were so many questions but just some random comments --

what did folks make of chae young, that clingy second lead who is that beautician? who on earth calls their ex to a funeral and then proposes? :o and right away, we know that she dumped him 7 years ago for some rich husband and she is now divorced. seriously, who gets mad at their ex that he is not looking at her in a funeral and is instead paying respects? :vicx: this is a level of clingy that other dramas haven't show before no?

and did anyone think the funeral home was really fancy? usually in the kdramas, they all seem to film in the same place and it isn't so fancy looking with attendants, lifts, marble tiles... also has anyone seen the MIL in anything where she isn't a tad evil? it feels like in every drama she plays, she is always this over-controlling somewhat morally shady character....

what I enjoyed was that with kang woo is that there is a logic in why he is helping her and it isn't just that he is a good person. she literally saved his life but it isn't just about returning a favour. because he was in so much debt, he knows what it feels to be chased by scary people. his mom died of a heart attack because she couldn't take the stress from the debt and so he knows what it is like to be pushed against the wall so much. he also was under stress from trying to pay a debt over 7 years that he himself was a bit depressed and felt like he couldn't breathe and actually got a heart attack. in that sense, he is able to identify with her and knows what ever it was, it was life threatening and very stressful.

also liked that kang woo didn't immediately agree to the surgery. in fact his first reaction was to ask her to see a psychiatrist. so we know immediately that he is a good director and his instinct isn't to just do whatever anyone asks of him.

so chingus, what could be the love connections? will the nurse have his own story? is he kang woo's cousin? he doesn't seem to trust hyun soo at all - so will he call the police? and what happened to her guardian? if he was willing to save her from suicide twice before, why did he abandon her when she lost her memory? was he the one who left money for hyun soo and then ran off? why isn't her family looking for her?

@Lmangla, so many questions indeed.

For some reason I think the assistant likes the anchorman so I feel, for now, that there’s an element of love triangle here. I immediately felt that way when she entered his bedroom and also when his mother tried to get her to convince him to agree to something she wanted done. I could be proven wrong eventually though.

I don’t think the anchorman is evil either. I find it curious that he exposed their company on tv so I don’t think he’s that simple. He seem to hate his mom too so I’m thinking that she must have done something to their family that he blames her for. I was chuckling so much when she said that she couldn’t believe she gave birth to him and wish she could send him back to her womb. lol I also find it amusing how much he seems to dislike her too. 

I find KW’s ex-girlfriend a different level of weird. She seems very self-centered as well. I don’t know why she’s so confident but she’s convinced herself that she will marry KW. I hope the drama doesn’t go there.

The actress who plays MIL was a good mom in Love Rain. I think there wasn’t anything shady about her character in that drama. I can’t say the same for her roles in Money Flower and You’re the Best though.

I think the guardian is the one who left the money. I can’t figure what his motive might be for abandoning her. If he did it for a good reason, perhaps he wants her to start a completely new life with no attachments to the past considering that she tried to end her life twice before. If for a ignoble reason, perhaps there is more for him to gain with her gone though we don’t know exactly why as yet.

@celebrianna ~ yea, I also think that the assistant might have a bit of romantic interest in the anchor and am also wondering if it is mutual. he seemed brusque with her but it was almost like he was also used to her presence... so maybe they had a thing in the past? plus, out of so many others, MIL uses the assistant as a honey trap except she wasn't exactly seductive when she straightened his tie in the studio. more routine like a wife or assistant. so rather odd choice for a honey trap. the MIL also said if the assistant gets him to back out, then she can leave and return to the company. so perhaps, she was being punished for something?

3 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I was chuckling so much when she said that she couldn’t believe she gave birth to him and wish she could send him back to her womb. lol

kekeke... found that scene funny too. :lol: so the MIL has acted as other type of characters. keep seeing her in the same type of role though. hahahahha... on another note, am really enjoying that for a sort of melo, the drama is oddly kind of cheerful no? kind of nice mix of makjang and mystery relaxing vibe. hhahaha... plus, it is brightly lit! yay! ^_^

just out of curiousity, does anyone know if there's anything related to the cosmetic industry the drama is referring to? like an actual scandal or anything?

@Lmangla Hello.

I start wondering about the possibility of you joining this thread too after I saw you lurking here.

There's this scene at ep one when SHS back to her room and the guardian guy is there. She said something about grateful and being greedy. I assume that her mom and bro didnt know about her marriage? Maybe she married CK coz she need money?

And then the guardian phone was ringing and it say from So Young's mother. So im guessing that SHS real name is So Young. The guardian dont wanna her mom to know where she is that's why he gave her another phone.

And I keep thinking that the reason why the guardian save her was coz he needs her alive. He wont get anything if she dead.

Again, I could be wrong about everything I wrote here. Too many secrets.

@Lmangla, the anchorman seems haughty and I kind of find him and the assistant suit each other. Heh. But honeytrap...totally agree he’s not biting. I somehow can’t imagine the heroine with him but he’s awfully good looking and probably has his charms and money. Even as an amnesiac she thought he was any woman’s dream husband.

I think KW is a good guy. His introduction seem pretty straightforward. 

I find it oddly cheerful too for a melodrama but I think it might be because nothing has started yet. It’s like the calm before the storm. However, I find the bad guys kind of tame particularly the thugs. I’m thankful for that though because brutal thugs can make the drama too dark. 

@dotonly, I remember the conversation too when she said she was too greedy. It looks like her greed led her to pay a price. Her life was basically forfeit. It makes me wonder even more what she knew that made her into a dead woman. It can’t just be that she was running from a cruel husband. I get the impression that she must know something. The guy after her, I believe is a crooked cop. Perhaps that’s why she never went to the police. It’s also a possibility that she did something illegal and turning herself in as a measure against those after her was probably not a good idea depending on if they could get to her inside a jail. I think we’ll have to wait for more information.

About the guardian, I always felt she might have been an informant for him but he doesn’t seem to be a journalist. I do however think there was something to gain from her that we just don’t know about yet. I also think like you that the name that popped up on the cell phone he had was our heroine’s.

On 7/16/2018 at 6:52 AM, Lmangla said:

do you think he's evil? he seems to have his own agenda that even people at the station aren't sure what to make of him. why expose his own mother's company that they don't exactly use natural products? what exactly is his ambition? and will there be a love triangle? if he is good, it is a possibility but if he is bad, then it won't happen right?

there were so many questions but just some random comments --

what did folks make of chae young, that clingy second lead who is that beautician? who on earth calls their ex to a funeral and then proposes? :o and right away, we know that she dumped him 7 years ago for some rich husband and she is now divorced. seriously, who gets mad at their ex that he is not looking at her in a funeral and is instead paying respects? :vicx: this is a level of clingy that other dramas haven't show before no?

If he was just morally gray, why didn't she come to him when whatever happened to get her on the run happened? She must not be able to trust her husband.  If he was such a nice guy why does she have gangsters after her? He has to know or given the order to find her by any means. It looks to that driver/secretary-nim hates her. I think she wouldn't have looked for her unless she was ordered to. 

The 2nd lead is bringing clingy to the 5th level. She is certainly shameless chingu:P 

On 7/16/2018 at 6:52 AM, Lmangla said:

what happened to her guardian? if he was willing to save her from suicide twice before, why did he abandon her when she lost her memory? was he the one who left money for hyun soo and then ran off? why isn't her family looking for her?

I think since she lost her memory he feels like he's done helping her. panda-emoticon-52.gif His helping her must have put him in danger too. @celebrianna I like your theory that she might have been the guardian's informant.  I felt that he was a friend who was helping her but who knows at this point? What ever sh's running from has to  be big.

2 hours ago, evie7 said:

If he was just morally gray, why didn't she come to him when whatever happened to get her on the run happened? She must not be able to trust her husband.  If he was such a nice guy why does she have gangsters after her? He has to know or given the order to find her by any means. It looks to that driver/secretary-nim hates her. I think she wouldn't have looked for her unless she was ordered to. 

The 2nd lead is bringing clingy to the 5th level. She is certainly shameless chingu:P 

I think since she lost her memory he feels like he's done helping her. panda-emoticon-52.gif His helping her must have put him in danger too. @celebrianna I like your theory that she might have been the guardian's informant.  I felt that he was a friend who was helping her but who knows at this point? What ever sh's running from has to  be big.

Or she can’t trust those around him.. . I wondered if the phone she has is the missing phone of her husband. It would explain why he can’t find it and why her fingerprint doesn’t work. I’m curious what this bracelet has that the secretary wants it so badly.. why doesn’t the husband look more frantic in regards to his wife, her family knows nothing about their marriage.. was it some sort of contract marriage? I’m not sure how he would benefit from it but she stated being “greedy” so possibly he needed to be married for some reason so he paid her a large sum to marry him.. but they never lived together as a couple. (No idea what that would be).. miss clueless here but I enjoyed these first episodes and it gets my curiosity stirred as to what will happen next.. 

On 7/15/2018 at 11:50 PM, celebrianna said:

Just finished watching the first four episodes and really enjoyed them. I’m curious to know what her occupation was because she definitely seemed sufficiently skilled in combat. I do wonder if her MIL’s assistant is acting on her own when giving orders to have her killed. I could be wrong but somehow the assistant seems to have her own agenda. I’m also looking forward to finding out what exactly our heroine was running from and why her male friend thought it best to cut ties with her after finding out she lost her memory after surgery. So many questions.

As to our main couple, I’m enjoying them so far. I suspect since it’s a melodrama there are tough times ahead but I hope their relationship grows stronger through whatever they might face together.

@evie7 I have started watching this drama... Like @celebrianna noticed it, her skills in combat also caught my attention. Since she is good at defending herself, I have been thinking that she could have been a spy in the first place. However, she didn't protect herself so good in the beginning. I am wondering if she had not amnesia before the surgery... this would explain why the "doctor" ditched her. The friend who helped her seemed to be a doctor as you could see a doctor gown in the background, when he called her. Maybe he also had lied to her... she married KCK out of greed aso. Her despair in the beginning doesn't match with her strength and her determination in the second episode. 

I don't think that KCK is a good person, just because he revealed his mother's scandal. We were told that the evening news would have released the news, if KCK hadn't intervened before.

Sure, the cellphone belongs to KCK... but the question: is she really KCK's wife? I mean, he is only looking for his phone, while the assistant wants the bracelet. Why? 

@dotonly @celebrianna @evie7 @ajummapunkinssi ~ it would certainly be something different if it was her own greed indeed that got her into trouble. if she is the guardian's informant, then my guess is that it has something to do with the cosmetics industry. perhaps, they are adding some harmful chemicals in the products? it can't be just some regular run-of-the-mill kind of secret no? is it confirmed that the anchor is indeed her husband? -- (ah same question that @bebebisous33 has too! :D maybe like you all said, the marriage isn't real?  because it almost seemed like MIL was trying to set him up with that 5th level clingy beautician and even trying to use the assistant as a honey trap. (it was a really weird choice for honey trap because assistant acted like a robot. hahahha...).. and if the assistant is looking for a bracelet, perhaps, it contains some sort of pen drive with information? or a camera? ..

so many Qs - should be fun as it unravels. hope they keep the light mystery tone and not let it get too dark. not in the mood for super heavy drama. sometimes makjang madness is fun! hahahaha...

52 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@dotonly @celebrianna @evie7 @ajummapunkinssi ~ it would certainly be something different if it was her own greed indeed that got her into trouble. if she is the guardian's informant, then my guess is that it has something to do with the cosmetics industry. perhaps, they are adding some harmful chemicals in the products? it can't be just some regular run-of-the-mill kind of secret no? is it confirmed that the anchor is indeed her husband? -- (ah same question that @bebebisous33 has too! :D maybe like you all said, the marriage isn't real?  because it almost seemed like MIL was trying to set him up with that 5th level clingy beautician and even trying to use the assistant as a honey trap. (it was a really weird choice for honey trap because assistant acted like a robot. hahahha...).. and if the assistant is looking for a bracelet, perhaps, it contains some sort of pen drive with information? or a camera? ..

so many Qs - should be fun as it unravels. hope they keep the light mystery tone and not let it get too dark. not in the mood for super heavy drama. sometimes makjang madness is fun! hahahaha...

Im going from the synopsis here on this thread that says the anchorman and chaebol is her husband.. it not being real is all that makes sense (with the little info we have).. his mother seems unaware of his marriage unless she is confident his wife will disappear and she can have his new wife already lined up.. regardless it’s not a normal relationship. 

13 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, it does look like it... This is totally different from Money Flower. But despite this, I still watch it...

Yeah not saying anything wrong with that at all, this drama look really interesting so far.

@dramaninja @celebrianna @Lmangla @evie7 Now, it is confirmed that she is his wife. Her real name is Eun Han.

I like how the story is evolving. It has become clearer that 

1. Miss Jung is the one who wants to kill Eun Han. She is already fancying to become KCK's wife. She acts like the mistress of the house. Miss Jung was definitely jealous of Eun Han. I guess, she will witness how KCK falls in love with her again. 
  2. The anchor loves his wife. On the other hand, he has a dirty secret (basement). Eun Han discovered the secret and Miss Jung knew about it. The anchor has no idea what has happened to his wife. Notice that Miss Jung has never told him that his wife is related to the disappearance of the cellphone. Moreover, Jung is looking for the bracelet.
  3. Eun Han must have been a spy and her mother knew about it therefore she knows that she can not file a report about a missing person. Eun Han remembers fighting men (nightmare)... this is another clue that she was investigating something. 
  4. Eun Han must have lost her memory before as she believed that she married KCK because of her greed. Since the mother blames her son SH for being responsible for EH's trouble, I am quite sure that she married KCK for a different reason: wealth and fame. Notice that she never showed her face in public... no one knows about her identity.

Archived