[Drama 2018] Your Honor / Dear Judge, 친애하는 판사님께

Maetawinz

9 hours ago, Maryam said:

Hahaha... ok, just the first paragraph and a few lines of the second paragraph were my reply to those ambiguities and the rest was my own opinions and suppositions ...

Fortunately my heart and mind both are full with love and joy for one by one of all the scenes and characters' actings either positive or negative of DJ  so no null or grudge rooms to display ... :wink:

Hope this wonderful project could obtain the best awards for all of its elements ... :star:

@Maryam  I made your point underlined; haha it's a wonderful hint; great kicking out of nulls and grudges and threw them back tactfully ! ;)) 

I love how kh gamed with that white check like a null thing and then smartly threw it back at the face of those corrupted- brain guys! 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I still dont understand the mechanics of SH's mind. He was barely shown in ep 19-20. Its hard to understand a character who is barely shown. Plus SH is a bad cookie, its not hard to not support or symphatize with him at all.

I just worry what will happen to KH after all this. And what will happen to SE. And what will happen to KHxSE ship~ hahaha. KH and SE are so cute together.

Eventually i want the show to show SE graduating and be a judge herself. She's much more than a supporting figure for KH. I think she can do well even on her own. I hope there will be a time for SE to shine in her career and not only as a trainee or intern.

I find SH rather cowardly.  He really has no guts to confront.  He knows where KH is, yet every time he seems to stop short of the confrontation instead choosing to do everything in the cover of darkness/stealth.  Initially I thought it was just him wanting KH to take the fall for him but honestly he could have easily done both ie confront and then retreat back into hiding again?  Instead he chooses to avoid confrontation but act vindictively behind the scenes and cancel his phone and credit card.   That's like his sly way of payback to KH for daring to step into what he (SH) felt was his domain, the money and status which he felt was rightfully his coz he 'earnt' it?  I really don't like his character at all.  It's sly, conniving and mean spirited.

Agreed about your points on KH/SE and SE being a judge eventually.  I don't mind how KH ends up - judge or restaurant owner.  I just want a happy ever after for him.  SH I am not too concerned about, I just want justice to be served on him.

EDIT - mini interview by actor (Yoon NaMu) who plays LSH

7 hours ago, monalisa said:

I'm thinking it's possible Kang ho took the test for his twin. In such event, isn't Kang ho still a qualified judge?

No, I don't think so. SH is intelligent and always had better grades than his brother.

@_gillianne19_

Episode 19-20

I don't get SH. What's with cancelling the phone and freeze card account? What does he mean to that?

He wanted to punish KH for taking his place as judge. Remember that SH heard a conversation between SE and KH, when the latter said that money was the reason why he was working as a judge. Like @nrllee already underlined it, cancelling the phone and freezing the card are SH's way to deal with KH. He is a coward. Since KH is no longer able to use his card and phone, KH will stop acting as SH the judge... that's what SH thinks. 

But this outlines again that SH has never understood KH. He has always taken KH's words as face value. Yes, for KH, money meant a lot to him before but there was a reason to that. Money doesn't betray you like a family member... however, KH has always had a strong sense of justice which SH has failed to realize:

- in the past... with the knife incident, where KH defended him

- in the present, when he condemned LSH to a severe punishment.

Furthermore, SH is such a hypocrite because his own flat reveals that he worked as a judge because of the money and nothing more. He has not a strong sense of justice and he used his work to "help" the bad chaebols. In reality, KH's words mirrored perfectly what SH had been doing all this time. However, at some point SH got aware that money could not remain a good motivation. He felt lost therefore he wanted to quite and go on a pilgrimage.

4 hours ago, Farbod Asha said:

@Maryam  I made your point underlined; haha it's a wonderful hint; great kicking out of nulls and grudges and threw them back tactfully ! ;)) 

I love how kh gamed with that white check like a null thing and then smartly threw it back at the face of those corrupted- brain guys! 

Yes @Farbod Asha and the footprint is ridiculously obvious on their faces how they show reactions! :lol:

@Maryam like ysy you are so positive ~ it's because of your kind heart and loving character still expect a nice personality from sh after all those nasty things are revealed he's done and he should not get away of their consequences. Though you'd said already sh is a sly person and if he would have been committed those graceful acts he should be punished but even kh shocked hearing of his mess. ~ But who knows? We wait to see what will happen finally in his case. :rolleyes:

A handsome coward :D

15 hours ago, nrllee said:

I vaguely remember he said it to Mr Mantis?  They were sitting at a table talking after Mr Mantis was released.  Only because Mr Mantis laughed out loud at the audacity of KH's comment about being a judge.

EDIT- the beginning of Ep 12 where he meets Mr Mantis (SDI) and he was trying to get him to dig up dirt on PHN and Mr Mantis said he's retired now and his dream was to settle down with a Wife and start a family. Then he says to KH, "everyone should have a dream, what's yours?" And KH replies, "a judge" to which Mr Mantis bursts out laughing at the ludicrous answer thinking KH is not taking his advice seriously.

yep thanks for remembering ;p

So with this if its really his dream i dont want him to lose his dream ;p 

@Minoo Maani  hahaha, thanks you for comforting me with nice words in advance , so that you could tell me how much I'm wrong  ... :lol:

I just wanted to make more complex the story with this probability that what we've found out about SH are just in apparent and maybe there would be deeper reasons behind them that with finding them his coward face turns to a gentleman one ... I dont mean this is right or I believe in it ... 

Eyes are said to be doors to the heart ... and sad eyes depicts sadness in our  life how we are going through some hard conditions... and meanwhile a coward person mostly has evil look with weacked mimics like we notice in the prosecutor's or HS(Na moo) ... but I've not reached to such conclusion from SH as them ... his sad eyes and noble face don't match with a coward person ... not I say that we can conclude from people's faces what they are or do ... but in the base of this scenario in which SH has such facial characteristics and also Je implied to and caused her fall for him I've reached to such suppositions... 

I don't want take his side even when he's committed  such messy things but I say maybe what we've  perceived are in surface and deeper look gives different conclusion... and I brought this just as an another way for analysing him ... 

Again I hope the process of the scenario could be in a way that both twins get out clean ... especially our charming KH never gets hurt a bit ... and to achieve his dream to be a judge ... :)

How he could be a coward ? !

55 minutes ago, Maryam said:

@Minoo Maani  hahaha, thanks you for comforting me with nice words in advance , so that you could tell me how much I'm wrong  ... :lol:

I just wanted to make more complex the story with this probability that what we've found out about SH are just in apparent and maybe there would be deeper reasons behind them that with finding them his coward face turns to a gentleman one ... I dont mean this is right or I believe in it ... 

Eyes are said to be doors to the heart ... and sad eyes depicts sadness in our  life how we are going through some hard conditions... and meanwhile a coward person mostly has evil look with weacked mimics like we notice in the prosecutor's or HS(Na moo) ... but I've not reached to such conclusion from SH as them ... his sad eyes and noble face don't match with a coward person ... not I say that we can conclude from people's faces what they are or do ... but in the base of this scenario in which SH has such facial characteristics and also Je implied to and caused her fall for him I've reached to such suppositions... 

I don't want take his side even when he's committed  such messy things but I say maybe what we've  perceived are in surface and deeper look gives different conclusion... and I brought this just as an another way for analysing him ... 

Again I hope the process of the scenario could be in a way that both twins get out clean ... especially our charming KH never gets hurt a bit ... and to achieve his dream to be a judge ... :)

How he could be a coward ? !

SH does not deserve to get out clean he deserves punishment and is a coward based on his actions. 

7 hours ago, Wotad said:

SH does not deserve to get out clean he deserves punishment and is a coward based on his actions. 

I agree.  Yeah only a coward would think to confront and punch someone (KH) who is defenceless and already out cold and beaten up by someone else?  I would really be mad if someone tried to make moves on my gf? Surely enough to confront him and give him ample warning to leave her alone?  Instead he watches in the background and does nothing?  Not even tell him off when gf is not around so his (SH) cover isn't blown?  And no assurances to JE about the relationship?  It's a strange relationship from the beginning.  He's an empty shell (she said).  So if his eyes are windows to his soul then by JE's assessment SH is soul-less. I think she (JE) attempted to 'save' him (she wanted to fill him with herself) - messiah complex. Not sure how far she got. She's given him an ultimatum to fix the problem and pay back the bribe. She hasn't given him any assurances this time - she said she would not hesitate to mention his name if she was called upon to report it (she won't cover for him).  In other words, he's on his own to deal with the mess. And even then, there's no assurance that she will take him back.  She said after he's proven his worth, she will reassess whether she will take him back as a bf and also whether she thinks he deserves to be a judge.

Stills (bts)

EDIT- bottom right pic looks to be KH facing the discliplinary committee?  Man in grey suit in the background looks like his Hyung?  And his tie is where it should be after SE tenderly adjusted it in the closing scene of last episode :wub:

@nrllee @jongski @katakwasabi @icemaid @Wotad I have been thinking about the disciplinary committee which was triggered by OSC and the bad prosecutor. We have to imagine that SH as judge never had a really good reputation among the judges and his co-workers. However, since KH took his place, he was able to win people's hearts. The coworker who betrayed him even commented to PJH2 and the girlfriend that the judge had changed. In my opinion, OSC and the bad prosecutor never imagined that people would side with him hence they believed that they could get rid of KH/SH so easily. Moreover, SE started a campaign for SH as lecturer and this could be used an a point in his favor. To conclude,  people will speak in SH's favor to the disciplinary committee... OSC can not used the bribe charges because he would implicate himself and the prosecutor.   

"Disciplinary Committee for Judge Su Ho" scene 

Edit:
Kh as dear judge SH could gets out clean from the disciplinary committee .
As @Maryam had guessed true before, he could make sh's credit restored without anyone knowing in fact he is not sh but he is sh's criminal brother kh. But if this reputation could maintain for sh I don't  think so . Seems JE should declare sh name as one of the corrupted authorities in the list as she was shown crying in the preview. Hope its consequences does not catch kh, and another time because of selfishness of sh gets sent to the prison. :flushed:

14 minutes ago, nrllee said:

@bebebisous33 does look like a positive outcome for KH in the disciplinary hearing:) 

Yes and in my opinion, JE might play a part in it. Remember the scene with JE in the news from the preview. We shouldn't forget that OSC tried to use the media in order to destroy his father's reputation... After the revelation in the news, Oh Dae Yang (the father) was summoned by Hong Jeong Soo (the bad prosecutor) who tried to take him the fall. However, his hands were somehow tied because he had received himself some bribe. So they needed to find someone related to the bribe: SH... From my point of view, it could be possible that JE will realize that the media are manipulated hence she decides to show the scandal in a different perspective. 

By the way, something caught my attention, while I was looking at this poster:

Your-Honor-02.jpg Notice that there is a line on both male characters in the poster. It  looks like the picture had been folded there. However, I sense that these folds symbolize the two natures/faces of these persons. In KH's case, it is quite clear: SH and KH are twins hence they have the same face. However, they have different personalities. For OSC, it means his hypocrisy. He is definitely a two-faced person. On the surface, he looks well-mannered, caring and gentle, while in reality he is corrupt to the bone. He has no problem to hurt people and even treat them like trash. It was really telling in the last episode how arrogant he was, especially towards SH/KH. He definitely saw himself superior and entitled. He was just nice to SE because he wanted her to be his girlfriend. Nevertheless, SE has not realized his true personality.

This explains why the faces of the two female characters are not folded: both never hide their true personality and their true emotions. They are both honest and genuine.   

4 hours ago, Minoo Maani said:

"Disciplinary Committee for Judge Su Ho" scene 

Edit:
Kh as dear judge SH could gets out clean from the disciplinary committee .
As @Maryam had guessed true before, he could make sh's credit restored without anyone knowing in fact he is not sh but he is sh's criminal brother kh. But if this reputation could maintain for sh I don't  think so . Seems JE should declare sh name as one of the corrupted authorities in the list as she was shown crying in the preview. Hope its consequences does not catch kh, and another time because of selfishness of sh gets sent to the prison. :flushed:

@Minoo Maani credit restoration just in a short time ! Kh definitely has created to be a judge. Their difference is in this point that kh has the courage of standing against injustice and unrighteousness , but sh don't have. His ambition for him is over everything so he never could have a fair perception of justice . No he couldn't keep this good credit by kh and if he return to his job again will ruin it.

Archived