[Drama 2018] Your Honor / Dear Judge, 친애하는 판사님께

Maetawinz

@bebebisous33 thanks for the explanations on my behalf. I tried to watch last night live but my live stream lagged too much. I did catch the bit with the crazy gf and sections of PJH in jail. I think you're right about the gf - his suicide seems more convoluted and also the death of his mom.  Didn't PJH2 imply in earlier conversations that he didn't approve of her relationship with his disabled brother?  Maybe the mom felt the same and gf decided to get rid of her using PJH as her 'weapon'?  I wonder why though?  Out of spite?  To get the family inheritance (PJH was oldest child)?  Yes I have always felt that SH had anger issues and was like a ticking time tomb - something had to give.  Yes to the mom finally getting an inkling that her golden child SH is not so shiny after all.  I need to watch it properly with subs to get all that transpired last night and add to the conversations.  My subbed version had SH calling KH a "worm", I guess "insect" is just as derogatory  :lol:

As for Mr Mantis' assessment of KH's morality - thug style - pointed, no frills approach. Haha... Still there could be a grain of truth in it though, SH was a genius and look where he is now.

@partyon according to Korean speaker from the underground YSY has been complimenting LYY a lot in the BTS, saying she's working so hard to get the neck tie perfect and even going as far as saying her tummy growling is cute as. That was what happened in the most recent BTS - her stomach growled mid scene hence the initial reactions and why she was given something to munch on after.  She probably forgot to eat - poor thing works so hard.  This is the most comfortable I have ever seen him in BTS so that's saying something.  LYY is so focused on set - she doesn't seem to even register that she has the 'making' camera filming them. I love that about her. But yes to the unfortunate incident from their very real past that would be hanging over their heads.  I was tentative too in the beginning when news broke of her being the female lead.  Kudos to them for being professionals and the acting thus far has been synergistic and mesmerising to watch. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ending when KH tell JS the name of all the bad guys one by one then when he leave, all the "good" people (everyone exept SC and JH) stand up and return the bow was so epic. It gave me goosebumps.

SC is so weird as a character. He doesn't realise what kind of person he is. He is even helping the guy who raped the sister of the girl he is in love with obessed with. He don't see how bad he is. He think his father is a monster but not him.

While in law school, he must have seem SH as a rival and wanted to destroy him because he was better than him so when he took the bribe, he must have feel better then like at least, unlike SH, he was a good guy.

He even keep telling that SH is a bad guy to SE when he did mutch worse than him.

Great thing that the mom admited that she failed both her sons but she mostly failed KH because unlike SH, she make him that way. Unlike SH, KH was "good" but his mom and brother make him bad. It's SE believing in him and love that make him goood. He didn't need mutch but his mom never gave it to him.

Bonjour ami @yusefull .  Actually I missed that about OSC.  I was so caught up with other storylines.  But you have a good point.  He obviously felt badly about his dad's part in the rape trial.  I wonder how he reconciled staying friends with the accused...unless he actually thought he was innocent?  Or maybe the incident was BEFORE he got to know SE in law school?  That would make sense chronologically because it would seem that the rape was the driving force for SE to go to law school in the first place.  So maybe he didn't know (?) the accused was his friend?  He seemed happy enough to introduce SE to him at the pool party and she didn't let on why she left in disgust after?  Although surely something would've clicked after though when he found out his dad was the defense lawyer?

The mother really fugging annoy's me so does SH i dislike both of them everytime i feel sympathy for the mother she reverses it the next episode. 

Hes the eldest by like nothing.. i dont think him being the eldest is a fair argument as to why hes a "insert swear word". 

2 hours ago, yusefull said:

The ending when KH tell JS the name of all the bad guys one by one then when he leave, all the "good" people (everyone exept SC and JH) stand up and return the bow was so epic. It gave me goosebumps.

SC is so weird as a character. He doesn't realise what kind of person he is. He is even helping the guy who raped the sister of the girl he is in love with obessed with. He don't see how bad he is. He think his father is a monster but not him.

While in law school, he must have seem SH as a rival and wanted to destroy him because he was better than him so when he took the bribe, he must have feel better then like at least, unlike SH, he was a good guy.

He even keep telling that SH is a bad guy to SE when he did mutch worse than him.

Great thing that the mom admited that she failed both her sons but she mostly failed KH because unlike SH, she make him that way. Unlike SH, KH was "good" but his mom and brother make him bad. It's SE believing in him and love that make him goood. He didn't need mutch but his mom never gave it to him.

exactly.. imagine if KH had love what he could have done that is all he wanted. 

Ratings.

Ep.23: 6.4%

Ep.24: 7.8%

Still number 1.

AGB/?

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

@bebebisous33 thanks for the explanations on my behalf. I tried to watch last night live but my live stream lagged too much. I did catch the bit with the crazy gf and sections of PJH in jail. I think you're right about the gf - his suicide seems more convoluted and also the death of his mom.  Didn't PJH2 imply in earlier conversations that he didn't approve of her relationship with his disabled brother?  Maybe the mom felt the same and gf decided to get rid of her using PJH as her 'weapon'?  I wonder why though?  Out of spite?  To get the family inheritance (PJH was oldest child)?  Yes I have always felt that SH had anger issues and was like a ticking time tomb - something had to give.  Yes to the mom finally getting an inkling that her golden child SH is not so shiny after all.  I need to watch it properly with subs to get all that transpired last night and add to the conversations.  My subbed version had SH calling KH a "worm", I guess "insect" is just as derogatory  :lol:

As for Mr Mantis' assessment of KH's morality - thug style - pointed, no frills approach. Haha... Still there could be a grain of truth in it though, SH was a genius and look where he is now.

@partyon according to Korean speaker from the underground YSY has been complimenting LYY a lot in the BTS, saying she's working so hard to get the neck tie perfect and even going as far as saying her tummy growling is cute as. That was what happened in the most recent BTS - her stomach growled mid scene hence the initial reactions and why she was given something to munch on after.  She probably forgot to eat - poor thing works so hard.  This is the most comfortable I have ever seen him in BTS so that's saying something.  LYY is so focused on set - she doesn't seem to even register that she has the 'making' camera filming them. I love that about her. But yes to the unfortunate incident from their very real past that would be hanging over their heads.  I was tentative too in the beginning when news broke of her being the female lead.  Kudos to them for being professionals and the acting thus far has been synergistic and mesmerising to watch. 

Talk about the female lead i have no issue about her acting ability thou, i found she is good actor since "tunnel" her acting impressed me in many way.how she used her tone to disthinguised between emotion is beautiful, i think even she rare used her facial expression but she has own power with her wide calm eyes to delivery emotion and when she crack the smile there was always honest sweet shining aura flawing around she is good actor by nature not by learning or tutoring, Lee yoo young acting is stand out.i don't know her a lot but i appreciated her since watch her in tunnel. Never doubt she is become more and more styled actor by the time.

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

Bonjour ami @yusefull .  Actually I missed that about OSC.  I was so caught up with other storylines.  But you have a good point.  He obviously felt badly about his dad's part in the rape trial.  I wonder how he reconciled staying friends with the accused...unless he actually thought he was innocent?  Or maybe the incident was BEFORE he got to know SE in law school?  That would make sense chronologically because it would seem that the rape was the driving force for SE to go to law school in the first place.  So maybe he didn't know (?) the accused was his friend?  He seemed happy enough to introduce SE to him at the pool party and she didn't let on why she left in disgust after?  Although surely something would've clicked after though when he found out his dad was the defense lawyer? 

I mean right now, he is helping the rapist. He try to protect the threee guys by defending the actress and making her do what he want. One of the three guy is the rapist.

Yes @yusefull I get your point. And like you I can't understand how OSC would do that and still be liking SE.  Seems contradictory like you implied.

These 2 just take office romance to a whole new level of cuteness 

EDIT- now that I have watched it in full subbed, some take away points for me (spoiler tag for those who haven't watched yet)

Spoiler

1. I like how Mantis explained the tattoo.  Although it wasn't as clear, it seemed like KH wanted it misspelt?  He talked about "Angel-ee Han KangHo."  Mantis on the other hand interpreted it differently - the subbed episode I watched said he always saw KH as a good person (the Angel) but not quite (hence the minor mistake in spelling).  It's like him saying KH was never truly bad, he just had rough edges and wasn't quite perfectly good.  @bebebisous33 was your subbed version different?  I only ask coz my subbed version had SH calling KH a worm and others here say he was called an insect (so there could be minor translation differences depending on where you watch it online) :)

2. Sounds like my earlier prediction of crazy gf and PJH2 using the mom to draw SH out could come true?  PJH2 seemed reluctant though and he seemed suspicious of why his brother died in jail...gf was adamant that it was SH's fault but it sounded like she tipped him over the edge from the flashbacks.

3. What about the letters in the safe that SH took out?  I know he wrote another resignation letter but there was a stack of envelopes he pulled out of the safe when SE bumped into him.

4. JE now knows about a younger brother (not a twin though).  I like how her character has shown growth.  Even she is making a stand.  SH seems to be the only one left although in returning part of the bribe money it seems like the trajectory is there for a change of heart.  Still, JE's desperate attempts to make him say/do something when she said she would break up with him were met with resignation (?), nonchalance (?).  As if it didn't matter at all?  No fight?  No anger?  Not even a defense?  Just "whatever".  If I were her I'd be totally frustrated that I put everything on the line for my bf and he doesn't even care enough to offer me any reassurances that the relationship was actually worth fighting for?  I am not sure their relationship is salvageable at this point.  Even his mom feels like JE has done the right thing?

5. I loved how the dynamic duo took out the chaebols in the end of the episode, striding out as comrades in arms.  @Wotad and @bebebisous33 were right in their desire for KH to remain a judge. He embodies what is necessary for a real judge - a human side (how he related to PHN) and also the courage to do the right thing even if it is contrary to public opinion.  He just needs the knowledge - great that he has SE to fill in those gaps (Criminal Law 244) for the moment.

8 hours ago, nrllee said:

I liked @yusefull's comment about OSC

SC is so weird as a character. He doesn't realise what kind of person he is. He is even helping the guy who raped the sister of the girl he is in love with obessed with. He doesn't see how bad he is. He think his father is a monster but not him.

Yet I would like to complete this analysis about OSC. The latter not only thinks, he is a better man than SH, since the judge took the bribe. He also convicted a man to a death sentence. There is a reason why OSC perceives himself as a good man: he has never committed any crime, but everything he did was morally wrong. The one who bribed the prosecutor was his father... OSC just used his father's connections and his way of dealing cases.

Notice that he never includes himself in all the crimes committed by the others, he just views himself as a powerful lawyer that is able to control the media. It was really disgusting to see how he used his power to frighten the drug dealer. He reminded me of a "god" using his power. Moreover, when he described the case "comfort women", he showed no empathy at all. He never cared for these women, it was all just about power play. Even in such a disgusting case, they were able to avoid any justice. The father created a monster and he isn't aware of it. Now he is looking for the betrayer, unable to imagine that he is next to him. Striking was that the father is different from OSC. The former thinks, the prosecutor office and the court (judges) are the most two powerful centers. This speech underlined that he never considered his law office as more powerful than these two. And here we have the difference. OSC is delusional believing that his father's law office is the most powerful pole... Sure, the father is to blame for OSC's delusional perception and his corrupted mind. But since the celebrity decided to tell the truth, LSH and the others won't be able to control the media... which means that OSC is about to realize that he was never in control of the media.

As for his relationship with SE, he met her after the incident had occurred. Only after starting courting her, he invited her to the party where she met the rapist. That's how he heard about the story. He doesn't know that SH played a big role for the defense in the trial... even SE doesn't know it. She never saw his face and didn't pay attention to the name of the witness. If OSC had known about it, he would have used it against KH/SH in order to ensure that SE doesn't love KH any longer.

When we saw that SH took letters from the safe, I came to the conclusion that these letters were sent by SE's sister. In my opinion, she kept asking for his help. She was well aware that SH might have lied because he was afraid of getting hurt. To conclude, his redemption will be to testify one more time but this time for the sister.  

11 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

When we saw that SH took letters from the safe, I came to the conclusion that these letters were sent by SE's sister. In my opinion, she kept asking for his help. She was well aware that SH might have lied because he was afraid of getting hurt. To conclude, his redemption will be to testify one more time but this time for the sister.  

Oh!!  I like that twist!  It could very well be the case.  I was wondering how writer nim would pen his redemption (if any).  And your analysis of OSC and how he fits into the whole rape story makes sense to me.  If he didn't know about the details (bar the fact that his dad was the defense lawyer) then it would make more sense how he could justify being friends with the perpetrator and still like SE?  That's what bugged me when @yusefull brought up that point.  OSC blamed his father for SE's sister's rape case although she seemed to be able to differentiate the 2 (You are you and your father is your father - different people).  If OSC could blame his dad, how could he stay friends with the perpetrator if he (OSC) knew?

1 minute ago, nrllee said:

Oh!!  I like that twist!  It could very well be the case.  I was wondering how writer nim would pen his redemption (if any).  And your analysis of OSC and how he fits into the whole rape story makes sense to me.  If he didn't know about the details (bar the fact that his dad was the defense lawyer) then it would make more sense how he could justify being friends with the perpetrator and still like SE?  That's what bugged me when @yusefull brought up that point.  OSC blamed his father for SE's sister's rape case although she seemed to be able to differentiate the 2 (You are you and your father is your father - different people).  If OSC could blame his dad, how could he stay friends with the perpetrator if he (OSC) knew?

But the worst is that even after knowing what his friend Choi did, he never cut his ties with him. He helped him and this time, it was not his father. He knew the crimes and instead of defending them properly, he used dirty tricks (the media, his father's connection aso). I am also don't think that his father knew what his son did for LSH and the others. Notice that the father bribed SH for LSH's assault... Hence I have the impression that OSC had to intervene because his friends knew that if this got out, their fathers would cut ties with them. One scandal was enough... (the rape, the assault) and the other was about to enter politics hence he could not afford any scandal.

Now a word from our sponsors (commercial break - let's talk fashion, Your Honor style)

Love your man all dark and broody?  Well why not try this black on black ensemble which oozes menace and mystery.

They say shoes speak volumes about a woman.  Here we have judicial trainee SE modeling for us suitably elegant yet practical footwear, perfect for the professional woman who means business and shuns pretension

And whilst we're talking shoes, just because you're a thug doesn't mean you can't be an iconic one.  Thug in style with these cool sneakers - take out your dorky twin brother in his drab school attire whilst you're at it.  If you can't beat him in grades, you can top him in the fashion stakes.

On 9/6/2018 at 6:56 PM, bebebisous33 said:

I believe, you misunderstood @nrllee. She was saying that the minority is those who didn't enjoy the kiss scene. But honestly, no one has criticized anyone for having a different opinion about the scene. I looked carefully at all the comments. @Minoo Maani was the one who didn't enjoy it. We can just justify our opinion and that's it. 

Hi @bebebisous33 , it seems not enjoying me , made the rating meaningfully collapsed! :smile: and with my enjoying of the next eps it raised again! 

@Farbod Asha haha the majority with gathering  all their over or undergrounders along with their collonies or cell divisions could not prevent dropping of the rating but true viewers made it raised in the next eps ;) .

Agree with you kh with having genuine items in his fist instead of fakes can kick out and stamp

down on the ground the wide mouth ranters like Se or hare brained devils like that man in the bar (I hate the men who dare to beat women, kids or weak persons) perfectly . As below collected cut videos by @Jelve , thank you jelve for your nice work. Kh crushed sh like an insect!  It is true scenes of kicking out by our dear judge not some  rediculous illusive things from ranters! :P

Great dodging and powerful hitting my Kh :thumbsup:

I get delivered my joyful gift with this scene of saving from boring :wub:

I agree with Mr Mantis's words. KH was too stupid to become a real bad guy. :D

In fact, OSC is a real bad guy in this drama. SE should notice about it. Besides,  KH should keep in touch with SE during weekend since they were in a relationship (no wonder SE was mad at him ). Overall, I am satisfied with the ending scene. 

20 hours ago, nrllee said:

according to Korean speaker from the underground YSY has been complimenting LYY a lot in the BTS, saying she's working so hard to get the neck tie perfect and even going as far as saying her tummy growling is cute as. That was what happened in the most recent BTS - her stomach growled mid scene hence the initial reactions and why she was given something to munch on after.  She probably forgot to eat - poor thing works so hard.  This is the most comfortable I have ever seen him in BTS so that's saying something.  LYY is so focused on set - she doesn't seem to even register that she has the 'making' camera filming them. I love that about her. But yes to the unfortunate incident from their very real past that would be hanging over their heads.  I was tentative too in the beginning when news broke of her being the female lead.  Kudos to them for being professionals and the acting thus far has been synergistic and mesmerising to watch. 

16 hours ago, mujay said:

Talk about the female lead i have no issue about her acting ability thou, i found she is good actor since "tunnel" her acting impressed me in many way.how she used her tone to disthinguised between emotion is beautiful, i think even she rare used her facial expression but she has own power with her wide calm eyes to delivery emotion and when she crack the smile there was always honest sweet shining aura flawing around she is good actor by nature not by learning or tutoring, Lee yoo young acting is stand out.i don't know her a lot but i appreciated her since watch her in tunnel. Never doubt she is become more and more styled actor by the time.

I also like LYY a lot as an actress. She is able to convey her feelings easily with her eyes, and that makes her a good actress. I also get the feeling that she is very focused in her role even behind the scenes. It was nice to see her laugh in the necktie video - she seems to be growing more comfortable with the rest of the cast as time passes. YSY seems like a real goof ball, though. :D

21 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, the mother was disappointed by SH, when she heard that he had never told anyone about the existence of his twin brother. However, what bothered me again was that the mother immediately assumed that KH was the one to blame for the fight. She hit him first. Later, she was still doubting KH's words, until all this was confirmed by JE, SH's friend.

20 hours ago, yusefull said:

I am going to give mom the benefit of the doubt, because she came out of the door when SH was lying on the ground and KH was towering over him. I think most people would assume that the person standing is the one that hit the person lying on the ground?

I know I am always defending the mom.... :D

I do think it was great to hear her admitting that she was disappointed in SH, and that she was glad that JE had dumped him. She also took responsibility that she had made mistakes with both of her sons. I don't agree that she failed KH more, though. KH may have become a thug, but SH is the one that is a bigger mess and unhappier than KH (at least right now). The mom made mistakes with both of her sons, and it will take time for her to change her ways. The great thing about being a human, though, is that we can learn from our mistakes and heal our wounds. :)

Archived