[Drama 2018] Your House Helper, 당신의 하우스헬퍼

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone know the name of the actress who plays Mr. Kim's girlfriend ? I've seen her in some drama/movies but I can't remember her name. 

I started this drama by accident and boy, did I make a right choice !! It's so much fun, comfortable and easy to watch and the word "healing "  has never deserved it's name more than it does with this drama. Sure, there are some long and uninteresting stuff (DY's office stuff, Sana's business ..) that I tend to accelerate but the core of the drama is so warm, friendly and comfortable that's it's alaways a pleasure to follow these 4 girls + Mr. Kim daily adventures.  I started this drama saturday,  binge-watched it and now I caught up with the drama.

My wednesday- Thursday have become more enchanting thanks to Mr Kim and these 4 girls. 

15 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

You mean So Hee, who disappeared? She's played by Shim Yi Young 

Yes. That's her ! Thank you very much. I knew i've seen her but couldn't remember her name. 

Aha at Jin-Gook gettin' dating advise from the Go Cafe Ahjusshi! 

At this rate, Da-Young needs to get her Ob-gyn med prescription notarized to avoid further misunderstandings LoL:P:lol:

I feel bad for Hye-Joo 'cause she obviously has feelings for Cheol-Soo..still. Maybe there's a chance he's bisexual?? In any case it's refreshing to see such a sensitive issue bein' tackled by a public network as KBS. 

And I'm still rooting for Ga-Ram/So-Mi couple although when is So-Mi's fear of men issue goin' to be told YO?!:huh: 

I so can relate to Hye-Joo.. "no matter how much I clean, it'd turn into a mess anyway..so why bother?" 

Ahn Lady look really pretty in this ep. I'm glad she gets to live her life bein' the doted mom she always wanted. 

Honestly I wouldn't be as patient as Ji-Woon when dealing with a picky eater. I mean I'm no chef so eat what I prepared or starve LoL:P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWoOyPVarxk5njvWN9AQGimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrybmRFmpUwsqvcnAeRTTf2c2f2f349554264b9496b6e1fcf198d.jpg?x=b

This drama so reminds me of a a collection of stories each one so interesting and currant and I love most of all that it's filled with a mixture of so many kinds of emotions and always with this feeling of satisfaction when JW gets that look on his face that I saw when he was looking up after leaving HJ & CS eating dinner.  I love the way nothing is overly done but subtle and soft when it comes to his way of guiding each story and person along the way...

I love that our writer made JW afraid of bugs and it was funny seeing him jump over that sofa and hide behind that rail.  Mainly because he seemed so perfect at everything this gave him a touch of being human. 

I guess what was the saddest was seeing SM sitting there in silence with tears slowly falling from her face and seeing the flashbacks of what had happened to her and how real it still felt to her even now.  The nightmares are not just when she closes her eyes they follow her both day and night.  Just thinking about how long she had suffered and still does over a piece of scum her so called "brother"  knowing he didn't have a problem in sharing or bragging about what he had done or what he wanted to do!  Made me sick!!!   Standing there even listening to him must have been so heartbreaking for her.  Maybe even making her feel dirty and humiliated even though she was innocent.  So many times it's the victims that somehow want to take on the blame themselves.  Believing they could have somehow prevented it. When that is so far from the truth.  

She was so young and how horrible to live in silence while needing to scream and release all that anger and fear held silently inside...

:tears:

6 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

The arc I found a bit problematic was So Mi's. For  almost the entirety of the hour, it seemed like they were equating her fear of men with the fear of bugs, etc. It's not the sort of phobia you can will yourself out of, and I was disappointed that the Drama seemed to be going that way. The final scenes saved it for me. I hope that it continues where it left off and shows the uniquely serious nature of her issue, and the extra help she's going to need to deal with it properly

I too thought the cockroach scene was weird. 

I felt that her hatred for the black beans (from ep 11) was an analogy for her dislike/phobia of men. Mr Kim took back the first dish knowing that she shouldn't force herself to finish something she didn't enjoy. When he served the fried beans with sweet n sour sauce I felt that the writer is telling So Mi should try new things (Including interacting with men.) She might just end up liking the experience.

11 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

So many times it's the victims that somehow want to take on the blame themselves.  Believing they could have somehow prevented it. When that is so far from the truth.  

She was so young and how horrible to live in silence while needing to scream and release all that anger and fear held silently inside...

I agree. Now combined with the cockroach scene, we can see that she is actually a brave girl who is trying to overcome her own feeling of guilt about the abuse. She has a good friend in Ga Ram to help her resolve it. Excited for the next episode where she can go and confront the step brother and make him apologize (preferably in presence of their mother.)

1 hour ago, stuartjmz said:

Actually, That scene was the first time I found Mr Kim to be patronising and a touch bullying.  Personal taste in food is just that, personal taste. He actually told her was wrong to dislike them and said "I will change your palate". THAT  really irked me - he had no right to tell her that her subjective taste was objectively wrong, and to say "I will change it" smacked of paternalistic superiority. If that scene WAS an analogy for her abuse, that compounds the error by even more inanely trivialising her trauma.

Hoping to change the palate of someone you are acquainted with is hardly suggestive of superiority. Cos in Let's eat 3 the heroine keeps doing the same. I agree the dialogue delivery by HSJ could give that impression that he is being Mr. Knowitall! The same way he looked at the grimy exhaust filter and said he will clean it before doing anything else. It is his OCD. 

I would have preferred Ga Ram - So Mi left by themselves to develop her plot without bringing in Kim.

1 hour ago, stuartjmz said:

Oh, I didn't think it was weird, I LOVED IT so very, very funny, and so very relatable.

:D I am more of a So Mi in this case! I can stomp on roaches and catch lizards! I can't digest that a house helper hasn't dealt with bugs in his cleaning career! He definitely needs an assistant like me!:rolleyes:

edit:

I will accept this explanation. 

13 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

I love that our writer made JW afraid of bugs and it was funny seeing him jump over that sofa and hide behind that rail.  Mainly because he seemed so perfect at everything this gave him a touch of being human. 

Poor Hye-Joo.. :(

Quite the plot twist I say, so Gi-Seok was into Hye-Joo all along but misled Cheol-Soo? Aigoo~ 

I was LoL SO HARD at Ji-Woon's face:w00t: when Da-Young was "attacked" by the mutant roach! :lol:

So-Mi's traumatic past is really.. Ewww~ is it incest?! :crazy: Her stepbrother is just EW. 

Ga-Ram needs to hold back LoL, same goes for Jin-Gook both guys are so thirsty Dear Lord! Have they been on a dry spell or what LoL?! :phew::P

3 hours ago, staygold said:

I felt that her hatred for the black beans (from ep 11) was an analogy for her dislike/phobia of men. Mr Kim took back the first dish knowing that she shouldn't force herself to finish something she didn't enjoy. When he served the fried beans with sweet n sour sauce I felt that the writer is telling So Mi should try new things (Including interacting with men.) She might just end up liking the experience.

Thank you @staygold my feelings too, love what you wrote here...:heart:

I also think JW was seeking for understanding and maybe even clues how is it that a woman who seems to be so passive and silent in never wanting to bring attention to herself.  Yet was willing to be quietly bold in not eating those beans and was able to kill that bug without even a thought.  I can only write what I believe and I honestly don't believe JW has it in him to bully any woman or for that matter any man without great cause.  He too is a survivor of not one but two horrible and broken experiences.  If you think about it he is constantly absorbing information about those around him and he is like a human magnet for hidden clues.

He sees under the skin and beneath the heart.

I remember in another drama ( Boys Over Flowers - Lee Min Ho ) about a lead character being so strong willed and in control of himself but his weakness was a roach.  I think the scene was to prove that no matter how perfect a person may seem or how strong JW there are weaknesses to be found. For there are no perfect people and everyone is afraid of something.  On the flip side of that, there are people who intentionally place a wall around them to protect their fears like SM.  Yet their strengths can be seen by instinct rather than by will.

Sometimes reaching out or it's intention to help is done in many ways and often it is the result that is not seen right away. 

Does anybody else get the same feeling as me.....that SA isn’t really interested in JK?  The poor guy is totally enamored with her, always wants to be around her, desperately so that he even take some advice from TS!  Yet she doesn’t look too thrilled when she’s out with him, and is always denying any existence of a relationship with him! Makes me wonder if she’s really dating him or not? So mean! However, he is NOT giving up, he’s like a total school boy, marching on in his avid pursuit of her! Lol

3 hours ago, Ida51 said:

I'm going to clean my stove screens using baking soda and vinegar. Hoping it works as beautifully as on the show!

My wife uses baking soda and vinegar almost exclusively when cleaning the kitchen. She swears by them. On another note...

I have watched the first two episodes and I'm in. I'm enjoying it. So tomorrow will be a binge watching catch up day.

Archived