Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Your House Helper, 당신의 하우스헬퍼

Done with Ep 5-6.

Aww Mr Jang. When I saw his scenes. I like that in this drama each character is important to the story and to the wisdom and metaphors that Jin Woo is telling us. Plus the side characters are not just side characters. What I appreciate most in this drama is the  simple metaphors for how he cleans the house that  equates to the lives and emotions and actions of each characters.  I try to always high light them.

The  first scenes on Ep 5 in the hospital.  What's with ovulation pain and birth pills for Da Young? is this foretelling something later on. I would have thought it's just she drank an expired milk from Ep 4.

When Jin Woo lost one woman,  but gained 4 ones. He cooks, cleans. looks after, gives advise, he's the protector,  the hyung, the house band, house helper, things he should be doing and could be doing for So Hee.  When he cooked for the four ladies,  and all of them enjoying the noodles he made, he actually smiled a little. But of course it won't erase the fact he's looking for missing So Hee

When they they had the Birthday party for Jin Woo  The four ladies were grateful to him esp DY hence they cooked food all learned from the internet. It felt like Gordon Ramsay Ji Woon judging their cooking. Hehe.  From his experiences with them he's perhaps changing his personality in a way that Tae Soo notices. Though we know they're still looking for

For Hye Joo. Some can relate to what she's going through.  Chul Soo, likes men. it was revealed, though we got hunch in ep 4 already.  She likes him but him likes a him.

For So Mi. Ye know I was kinda wishing for Tae Soo and So Mi.  I always like that character actor. But looks like Ga Ram will crush on her.

For San Ah. She likes  lawyer, lawyer likes her.  Can I make it anymore obvious. Jin Kook is sooo what's word... UWU. aka cute.. and the act of being cute because, they bring the lightness of of the story, where as it's more serious tone when it's Da Young and Jin Woo.

For Da Young. She cannot part with her father's things because it still gives her something to cling onto. The memories, the sentimental values. Ji Woon understand this, that's why he wasn't pushing her. In a way he is the same as her when it concerns. So Hee.  In this drama, they both are going through the same loss.

My favorite part was the Ji Woon cooking dumplings of the family. It is most important to him as that after he's done his house helping duties, not only is the house clean but he leaves a mark of warmth and compassion that will resonate to the families he's helping clean the their house but their lives as well. That throwing  something doesn't mean it's garbage, it's if it's bad and rotten it should not be where someone would get sick and need to be taken out. The little boy's attachment to his father was through making dumplings. I love how Jin Woo explained  everything to the little boy.

For the  cleaning words of wisdom of Ji Woon. It's applicable to him because, but  he still keeps the book  (according to So Hee they make good substitute  to hold boiling pot).  But he can't part with that book or the thing inside his drawer. He still hasn't accept or given up that he will find her. It looks like he doesn't know the reason why she went away ( that's my assumption only) and left him. He needs

"You end up not using things in your drawer. It may seem like you kept it well, but it's as good as lost. Because it gets forgotten like that. If you can't take things out of the drawer, you need to talk to the things. Do they still make me excited? Do you want to keep them in the drawer? If not then you must accept that it's time to part  with them. " Ji Woon, Ep 6

Dil4sogVQAAG6qK.jpg

cr: najat

• Like 5

HSJ is already a CF king in South Korea. After this drama, I'm sure he'll be approached for more CFs especially on househould cleaning products! :D

I love that FOR ONCE, he isn't acting as a chaebol jerk as he was previously well known for being too stereo typed in his drama roles. :blush:

• Like 6

Ah, hello?

I'm a silent fan here.

I want to sub the behind the scenes, but my korean proficiency is not good. Can someone here actually know how to translate? Thank you!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gladys57 said:

HSJ is already a CF king in South Korea. After this drama, I'm sure he'll be approached for more CFs especially on househould cleaning products! :D

I love that FOR ONCE, he isn't acting as a chaebol jerk as he was previously well known for being too stereo typed in his drama roles. :blush:

Agreed !!! I will definitely be sold on those cleaning products & equipment :D 

posted by his agency :

• Like 3

Since today is weekend, so I can watch comfortably. I spent 6 hours for watching YHH. Gosh... I can't believe it I find something great to watch again after my previous watch ended. 

Well, I tried to watch long before. About 4 mins less I guess. Then, I thought it looks boring. Hahaha. So I drop it just like that. Yes. I was that terribly careless. I almost missed one good quality drama. But today something pops out on my YT homepage and I ended up watching kocowa's YYH clips. And I saw HSJ!! Hahaha... why I forgot he is here?? I felt so bad for giving up too soon. The clips shows him asking DY whether she has cleaned up her things yet. And the way he taught her about the philosophy of cleaning. The part he suggest to keep the memories instead of keeping it unused. That's cool. It touched me. Why, because I did like DY. Hahaha. I keep my old things from my school days and other stuffs from past. I felt it's too waste to thrown it away since it shares lots of good memories. Now, I find a great solution to this. Thanks Kim ssaem!! 

Oppss.. I'm being a bit carried out. Back to the drama. This drama really has a great story line and interesting  characters. So it's another adaptation, drama rarely can make it good but I feel that 12 (6) eps are so well written. I don't feel bored and enjoy the story a lot. I like the concept of the girls with different problems come to live together with this handsome house helper as their unity bridge. KJW didn't just clean the house but he also clean and organize the owner's mindset. That's also pretty cool with how all of this story portrayal, I feel like I have to clean my messy bookshelf and wardrobe too. One lesson learned. :D

Are the director or the pd team the same with deliveryman drama? Cause I saw some delivery man cast alumni here, Jajangmyun ahjussi and his lady and jewelry girl and the one who played as his boyfriend here, they're reuniting here. Oh.. lovely!

I love how the girls bond with JW. And I love the multi couple romance here too. And I feel like the main and supporting characters blend in one synergy. They're not just there as fillers but each of them shares their own little story and feels meaningful to follow too. 

Anyway.. I'm getting longer, aren't I? I'll stop here, I just hope the writer can keep the pace and its plot well. Waiting for next eps!

P.S. I'm sorry for keeping this extra longer, but where can I get a handsome house helper like him to clean and stay at my house everyday?? Hahaha. 

• Like 4

This is a nice but healing drama. 

It's the type of drama u don't rush.

Meanwhile I'm loving the ladies make up. 

• Like 4

I accidentally watch the 1st episode of this drama and saw Bona and like her since 1979 GG. She represents k-drama fresh look and cute. Of course, she should improve her acting skill, but overall her acting is not too bad. I just get to know Ha Seok Jin here and it is true that he is very handsome which suit his character.

This drama shows dynamic in each character and we can relate to each of them which give us a warm and soothing feeling for each scene and not to forget the cleaning tips! The metaphor through each episode gives us something to ponder as well.

Tbh, too many strong female characters in K-drama lately make it too boring. Dayoung maybe looks timid,  helpless at her workplace but she so lovely and very considerate to others. She doesn't try to look cute but people will fall in love with her same with Ji Woon. Dayoung is the 1st client that Ji Woon has the courage to ask whether she wants his help of course after Mr. Jang pushed him. I remember in early episode Ji Woon narrated the lines that he did not has the guts to ask the client to open the door for him. The client should call him for his service.  Whilst nothing much to say about Sang A and dorky Jin Kok. They make a cute couple. Somi and who? I wonder who will be her couple here and poor Hye Joo with her gay friend. Not to forget i would like to know what is the relationship Tae Soo had with So Hee.

I'll look forward to the story-line and read from Ha Seok Jin interview that this drama will partly deviate from the original but not sure which part it is, perhaps Ji Woon background?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

House helper day !!

Preview subbed by kbs world

Spoiler

new stills - Did he remember the kiss?? 

Fan cam BTS

Spoiler

All the love lines 

Spoiler

HSJ appeared on KBS world to show off his culinary skills as part of promotion for House Helper 

BTS with our resident doggie !

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Yeah! It's Wednesday! Cant wait to see Ha Suk Jin again! :lol:

I need to reiterate that for once HSJ 's dressing for this drama isn't outrageous at all! :D

@triplem from that cooking demo cum interview on KBSTV, you can guage his cooking skill! Heeee!:blush:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

5 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

I need to reiterate that for once HSJ 's dressing for this drama isn't outrageous at all! :D

Oh yes! It wasn’t so bad on Radiant Office. But oh  my those colourful suits on 1% needed some getting used to :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Preview . What’s happening to our adorable lawyer ? Why’s he sleeping at the gate ?

Omg look at what he did when he was drunk ...Is Sang A pulling his leg? 

Oh no...does our lawyer thinks she’s got a boyfriend? Gahh Fairy Kim needs to help her 

• Like 6

New k-drama poll around the corner. Click down below to get to the thread to get further explanations. Have fun and enjoy! :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just finished watching Episode.7 (13-14) at 4AM in my timezone, and I really to write something about the drama so I came to Soompi forum haha

I feel like this drama is one of very few (and rare) dramas that stands to its label "healing". Every little piece of stories, advices,... are well written, well said. I indeed recharge a lot of energy after watching each episode. This drama shouldn't be binge-watched at one night but with 2 episodes per week as the actual pace is much more better since every lesson in the drama would make you reflect for days. It is also such a bless to wait until Wednesday and Thursday for your mind to be healed, just like going to a spa  :wub:

Nowadays, it seems like (or at least for me) it is easy to feel negative about other people, and to say "I hate human",... But watching this drama makes me wonder are these characters really humans? Or do these characters actually exist in real life? Why are they so lovable but at the same so authentic? They are just imperfectly perfect, really. Everyone has their own stories, own struggles; and I am sure that each of viewers could relate somehow. 

Currently, there are 3 love-lines, and I swear for the first time ever I am interested in 3 couples equally. They are all making me excited and eager to see how they are gonna complement each other little by little. 

As if I don't love this drama enough already, I saw the news that OST Part 3 by Jang Nara will be release at 6PM KST today. This is her first song after 4 years struggling to overcome the fear of singing. Just so excitedddddd hahaha

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGpmfj8nTTtjsJ611AzZsimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_NJOPOfvrNJ-tUtsF5wtd67f44c29b5d46bb9c2649de26ad6615.jpg?x=b

Sometimes we don't realize the power that lies within words...  Even more the power in hearing them...

So many wonderful and inspirational thoughts already shared and beautifully written about the latest episode.  It's hard to add anything at all.  I guess for me it's just the beauty of words that I see.  It's the way in which each story within the story itself is told, expressed and made perfect by it's writer and those whom fill themselves up with those characters and bring them to life...

There has been forgiveness, sorrow, humility,understanding, fear and mystery and there is more to come. Deep cleaning a house is one thing, finding what is needed most by those whom call it home is what makes this drama so wonderfully different.  It's the changes and healing that we get to see and feel and in turn makes each of us reflect on it's meaning and value...

It's not just about broken lives or romances it's about how it doesn't matter who you are or where you come from each person has a story to tell and a life to live.  Although we may all look different this drama is a reality check.  That no matter who you are behind those walls you call home are struggles & fears, loss & sorrows, love & loneliness and precious memories for some nightmares for others.  There is no perfection for every home whether rich or poor has cracks and holes and it's what we all have in common...

I remember hearing once if a home could talk, just think of all it could say...

Your House Helper is worth every cent he is paid and I have a feeling by the end of this drama I will owe him too...

Scratch that, I'm pretty sure I already do...:vicx: LOL:lol:

@USAFarmgirl @triplem @stargazer187 I was glad to see the scene between SM, GR and the brother. Now, the culprit has a face and GR is the first one to notice SM's strange reaction: shaking hands due to her fear, her claim that she doesn't like that kind of cake. Honestly, I have the impression that the brother is not her real brother but the son of her mother's new husband. And like KJW said, at some point secrets are bound to be found. 

As for Sang Ah, I think that she is about to face more trouble. Her CEO betrayed her (he took the money), in my opinion he was about to run away, when he called her. The notice she will receive is that she might get sued herself for fraud. She will need KJK.

I wasn't surprised that Miss An is a single mother. However, I was kind of shocked to discover that even in SK this "prejudice" exists: a mother shouldn't work as she needs to focus on the kids and the house. In Germany, working mothers are called "Rabenmutter" ("raven mother") which means "unnatural, uncaring mother". As you can see, it is kind of expected that mothers shouldn't work , but if they have to work than they should wait until their child is 3 years old (the age to enter the kindergarden). As you can see, I am living in Germany hence I had to face such a choice myself. I decided to work (actually it was to do my traineeship as teacher), even if my child was only 6 months old. The situation has improved since, but back then it was really hard to find a nanny for such a young child and it wasn't really easy for me as I had no other support than my husband. As a working mother, I didn't care what people might think about it but you could see that some people would wonder why I didn't wait until the child was 3 years old. My reasoning was simple: I want more children.... If I stay home for each child, then this means at least 6 years I have to remain at home. Even later, after the birth of my second child, my neighbor reproached me that I would neglect my children. Furthermore my motto is not to rely too much on my husband (in case of a divorce) and not to burden him too much. Being independent for a woman is important in my eyes.

Besides, the amount spent at home doesn't mean that you spend more time with the children. It is quality that matters and not the amount. Studies have revealed that the difference of time spent with their child between housewives and working mothers is not that big. We could see it, when one of the points of the mother-in-law was she didn't need a vacuum cleaner, she should do it with her own hands. In the end, this meant that the wife would have to spend more time with cleaning than with the children. But there is a reason why I never wanted to remain a housewife... First, I come from France and there, it is actually expected that mothers work. Secondly, I didn't want to get the 10 years I spent studying wasted! Yes, 10 years because when I moved to Germany, none of the degrees (from the famous university Sorbonne) were recognized back then. I had to start from the bottom. Now, this has changed too... To conclude, I had many reasons to work, although I had two children. The funny thing is that even now, although my children are teenagers, none of them has ever reproached me that I neglected them. Actually, they are still affectionate towards me... I can still hug them. With my example, I showed them that it is possible to manage both. Yes, the husband has to help at home (cooking, ironing, aso).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2018 at 11:32 AM, triplem said:

Oh yes! It wasn’t so bad on Radiant Office. But oh  my those colourful suits on 1% needed some getting used to :D 

:lol::lol:

The only thing he knows how to do well is act drama.

Poor boy:D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Thanks for your story @bebebisous33. Am a working mum myself and I have to say we aren't any less of a mum then our counterparts who don't hold a job out of the home. I agree that there's no correlation between a child's behaviour and his success in life with whether his mother is a stay at home mum or not. I am shocked that in SK and  in Germany as well , that women are expected to stay home and that is their place. While for some this is a personal choice , for many the need to work is a necessity given how dual incomes are needed with rising living costs. Plus if a woman chooses to work, it is her prerogative.  Both husbands and wives are equally responsible for the household and the children. Though I come from Malaysia where some segments of society can be traditional with patriarchal leanings, most women who chose to stay home wish to do so and some  because of the difficulty and cost in getting proper childcare, and not so much expectations of society.

Wow in this day and age I am still surprised at the discrimination against single mums. Are they discriminating because they are questioning her morals or they are worried that a single mum would not be able to be focussed on her job given that she's the only one responsible for her kid? Regardless , it's crappy that Manager An had to worry about these things. It's hard enough being a working mum. She really does not need society to judge her choices. 

In this episode what felt a bit jarring for me was the difference between the OTP's life experiences. The thing is that Kim JW is full of wisdom , and while some of DY's reactions and handling of the issues at hand felt rather naive and almost lacking in common sense. While I get that she always has the best intentions ( and I love her for that ) , it feels like KJW is an older wiser brother to her than a potential love interest. For me a good relationship often starts from being in a similar station in life and having similar level of maturity. But oh well , we will see how it goes. 

I like that we finally got to see So Mi's family and yes, the brother seems like a half or step brother. But I really like how perceptive and sensitive Ga Ram was to the change in her facial reactions. He was also quick to notice that she's not actually a timid or fearful person  given her love for horror movies, but instead she was particularly affected by the presence of her brother. Noona romance or not,  I am on board this ship given how they both seem so comfortable with each other.

And aigoooo, our poor puppy Kwon. Sang A's "rejection" was indeed such a humiliation for him. Ahhh if only he knew that  it is  her own humiliating circumstances that she's trying to cover up ( and her struggle to get her own life on track)  that's causing this misunderstanding. I really do enjoy the build up to their relationship and hope he'll find out soon that she's indeed from the "cinder and the ashes". She will then realise that he just genuinely likes her for her. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5

Ah~ that's why the Ahn Lady was so good with kids, she's a single mom herself. This is the issue I have with South Korea. For a rich country they sure are pretty backwards in thinking<_<

I'm sure it's changed but judging by growing patriarchal concerns on "Hello Counselor" it looks like it's here to stay:rolleyes: Poor Min-Ho's mom & the Ahn Lady facing discrimination for just bein' a single mom for goodness sakes! 

Just what era is the mother-in-law in to think a household appliance deprives a child of maternal love LoL!? God she must be terrified to see plenty of parents these days leave their kids with a smartphone/tablet LoL! 

I also agree that when you're outnumbered, it's harder to fight back... 

What's up with the characters wearing T-shirts with words printed in front? 

I like Jin-Gook but I got to admit he comes across...too clingy LoL? He needs to let Sang-Ah breathe! And I love those lil bottles of Yogurt drinks. Guess I'm a kid too eheh. 

AHAH Ddo-Bok playin' Cupid. Er--So-Mi's mom looks like her sis:w00t: she must've had So-Mi when she was 12 or something:lol: Aish her "Oppa":crazy: still curious what really happened though... 

Yay for So-Mi/Ga-Ram couple:D

• Like 1
  • LOL 5