Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Your House Helper, 당신의 하우스헬퍼

Expect some cute JG - Sang A interactions tonight

Fairy Kim stills , by the way in the original webtoon , KJW’s character was suppose to come across as one that has elements of fantasy,  though they did make it more realistic for the drama 

Oooo preview ...are there some crossover in love lines?

• Like 5

@triplem Thanks for the preview!!:wub: To me, it doesn't look like a crossover in love lines. KJW is acting like a friend towards SA, the only one who knows about her double life and lies. Moreover, he saw how KJK acted towards SA. He is well aware that the lawyer is interested in SA. From my point of view, KJW will serve as bridge between SA and KJK... notice, he ensured that SA stopped lying to KJK, even if it was painful for our cute lawyer. SA is so convinced that she is below her friend TH because of her social and financial situation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@triplem

This is why I think Bo-Na fall short. A capable actress would've been able to convey the subtle nuances needed to make Da-Young's emotions convincing. 

But maybe that's why it (their pairing) works LoL. She's like the Jedi to Ji-Woon's Yoda:w00t: 

At least Ji-Woon has no problem sitting next to her in the bus LoL. 'Cause most times when a pairing is not official yet they tend to sit apart. 

• Like 3

the only thing I find unfortunate is the lack of screen time of the second lead male KJK, I would say he is just a guest in this drama. it's so bad, however, his role is really good and the actor plays it too well, he is very cute and clumsy, I really do not understand why the writers put it aside at this point.

Otherwise I found early the fact that the lead female bona falls in love first, I would have preferred that it is first the boy, it is obvious that he is interested in her and maybe the next episodes will advance things between them

• Like 2

@marrez1 Yes, I also wished that KJK had more scenes. I hope, he will appear more and more, when he starts interacting with KJW and DY. 

On the other hand, it makes more sense that BY falls in love with KJW as the latter is somehow waiting for his missing lover. The more she loves him and helps him, the more KJW will be moved by her... that's how he can move on.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, triplem said:

The thing is that Kim JW is full of wisdom , and while some of DY's reactions and handling of the issues at hand felt rather naive and almost lacking in common sense. While I get that she always has the best intentions ( and I love her for that ) , it feels like KJW is an older wiser brother to her than a potential love interest. For me a good relationship often starts from being in a similar station in life and having similar level of maturity. But oh well , we will see how it goes.  

@triplem   Hehehe.  I was thinking am I the only one who feels that way... but you noticed that too, huh. You hit the jackpot. From the start of their encounter and every time they have scenes. It always feels like she's a younger sister and he's an older brother who reprimands and lectured her and gives her wisdom. :D

• Like 2

Maybe I am the only one who hopes that DY do end up with KJW. IDK what is the webtoon version is like but I think the kiss should mean something. As for SA, I dont knw. I like her at first but in the last two episodes, I kinda annoyed by her wanting to look good (both physically and career-wise) in front of everyone. But she has no qualm to show her true self in front of KJW, which again irks me since it means that she is comfortable with him (which is a sign that he is good for her and is a sign that she is the greatest threat for DY to be with KJW, not the ex). I can relate to DY when she felt that she is no match for SA since SA seemed to be all that confident and  KJW is very much comfortable around SA as well. The only time he was around DY is when she was always in trouble (which I guess why many thinks that they have more brotherly-sisterly kinda of relationship). But then I started this show because it was a simple rom com with useful tips that I like so much. Currently there are too many complicated drama on every screen that I welcome something simple like this with supposedly no love complication (except the ex). However, the latest take on the possible love triangle kinda pull me back a bit..I'm having the same awkward sensation that I felt watching Wok of Love with the love triangle scenario. I cannot feel good about the OTP when I felt bad about the second lead. This time, I am not sure if I can root for SA and KJW (if that is the outcome in the webtoon) when I felt bad about DY. I just wish the Writer would somehow give us solid hints on who KJW will end up with and focus on the current, everyday housekeeping issues with wisdom to spare. #justmy2cents #sorrytoSAKJWsupporters....

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

@inna75 Good to see you here ! Like @bebebisous33 I don’t think there’s a love triangle or quadrangle of any sort . The only reason why in the preview, SA is with KJW is probably him helping her out of a sticky situation . She likely needs a guy friend to go look for the president who scammed her . From the way the story is being set up , she’s comfortable with him because there’s nothing for her to hide.  It’s more like a big brother - younger sis sort of relationship they have there.

The drama I believe allows each character to have fears that hold them back . Like in SA’s case , she’s afraid to lose face ,she’ll learn that soon enough - it’s who you are on the inside that counts the most.  So mi’s fear is external brought about by other people. She’ll have to confront him ( the abuser) so that she’s no longer paralysed by it. DY is generally timid and not confident enough to stand up for herself. However there’s a kindness & compassion in her . she will grow having both Manager An & KJW giving her life advice

Anyway off to watch the subbed episode 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, inna75 said:

Maybe I am the only one who hopes that DY do end up with KJW. IDK what is the webtoon version is like but I think the kiss should mean something. As for SA, I dont know. I like her at first but in the last two episodes, I kinda annoyed by her wanting to look good (both physically and career-wise) in front of everyone. But she has no qualm to show her true self in front of KJW, which again irks me since it means that she is comfortable with him (which is a sign that he is good for her and is a sign that she is the greatest threat for DY to be with KJW, not the ex). I can relate to DY when she felt that she is no match for SA since SA seemed to be all that confident and  KJW is very much comfortable around SA as well. The only time he was around DY is when she was always in trouble (which I guess why many thinks that they have more brotherly-sisterly kinda of relationship). But then I started this show because it was a simple rom com with useful tips that I like so much. Currently there are too many complicated drama on every screen that I welcome something simple like this with supposedly no love complication (except the ex). However, the latest take on the possible love triangle kinda pull me back a bit..I'm having the same awkward sensation that I felt watching Wok of Love with the love triangle scenario. I cannot feel good about the OTP when I felt bad about the second lead. This time, I am not sure if I can root for SA and KJW (if that is the outcome in the webtoon) when I felt bad about DY. I just wish the Writer would somehow give us solid hints on who KJW will end up with and focus on the current, everyday housekeeping issues with wisdom to spare. #justmy2cents #sorrytoSAKJWsupporters....

I must say that the more episodes we get, the more I have come to like DY. Sure, first I found Bona's acting lacking and that was the reason. However, now I got accustomed to it. Unlike @triplem, I don't feel that DY and KJW have a dongsae relationship. Yes, he is acting like the older and wiser man here. However, he is not different with SA. When he is with SA, he also gives her good advice and even criticizes her for her actions or words. He is definitely more mature than SA and DY. But this comes from his past experience and age. KJW is much older than SA and DY. But if you look how he interacts with DY, he is much more caring. SA has to pay KJW for his work, whereas it wasn't the case with DY. Moreover, he gave her his number willingly. SA had to call GTS for the request.

DY and SA have a lot in common that's why they have a similar relationship with KJW on the surface. They are both naive. SA is not able to distinguish whom she can trust and not. I mean, when the former colleague warned her twice and even mentioned other witnesses, SA refused the obvious as she wished so much to become a vice-director. SA signed papers and never thought of the consequences. DY and SA are both lonely persons. On the other hand, DY is different from SA as the former is less superficial and self-centered. I believe that DY's innocence can be explained by the way she was raised. She was loved by her father whom sheltered her. She was protected and was never confronted by harsh reality. Yet, when her father died, she had to face the reality: debts, meeting the lawyer aso. Yet during that time, she was on her own, no one by her side who could guide her and help her. Her father protected her before but he never gave her any advice how to face difficulties or how society nowadays is. That's why KJW plays such a huge part in her life now. He helps her with his knowledge and wisdom.

SA will need a lawyer at some point that's the moment she will have to show KJK her true personality and situation. KJW can only help SA by catching the guy, yet the charges against her are a different matter.

@USAFarmgirl

• Like 9

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsMp8QX5aSsEL2jIS3gHd423.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFJUO4kxXjQNzFY0_h5QX

It's interesting to read and soak up so many different points of view and understand each one.  I myself find that JW acts as if money or being paid is important to him while I believe it's just a cover up for what his real passion is right now in his life. As he heals others little by little he in fact is healing himself.  Helping and inspiring those who open their doors as well as their hearts to him.  I find him as well as the people around him to be more interesting as we continue to unfold each individual story.  He is helping all those around him in a way guiding each one of them often so softly that they figure it out themselves through his gentle hand.   To be able see themselves as they are, in hopes of showing them what they can be.  To have the courage to let go of their past, face their fears and grasp onto the happiness they each deserve...

DY...Being a failure in not standing up for yourself, allowing others to use and abuse you in your silence.

SM...Being a failure in never allowing yourself to love or be loved because your heart is kept in darkness and your happiness too.

SA...Being a failure in believing you are one.  In hiding behind a Sparkling mask that you created and is now suffocating you.

And last but not least is... JW

Him keeping so busy on purpose being a helper in healing everyone and everything around him.  Yet being a failure in not being able to let go of his past and heal himself or his heart...

I don't know if JW will end up with anyone of those above as I believe one has to deal with their pain before they can move on.  But when the complete healing does take place within his own life and he is ready to open his doors heart. I hope DY is the one standing there.  Her heart is pure and I believe his is too...

My last thought is DY and creepy Head boss that by the preview will believe what he heard at the office and make advances towards her.  It makes my heart tingle with happiness to think of JW coming like a Knight to her rescue.   Also I wonder if the creep & Manager An have a past...  Who is the father of her son?  Or does she have feelings for him?

Still so much we just don't know!

Edited by Guest
Added complete healing thanks to bebebisous33

@USAFarmgirl Great post like usual... but I believe that he started healing the moment he started working for DY. To me, it is not just connected to DY but also to her house. Notice that he keeps coming to the house and imagine how DY's childhood was. He can feel the love and happiness in this house.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@USAFarmgirl Great post like usual... but I believe that he started healing the moment he started working for DY. To me, it is not just connected to DY but to her house. Notice that he keeps coming to the house and imagine how DY's childhood was. He can feel the love and happiness in this house.

Yes o. I concur.

That house has a magic touch he can't explain.

Poor DY.

"He is mean to me"

Babe has serious issues. Why is she always belittling herself?

Feel like shaking her.

• Like 5

Ahah Jin-Gook has turned into a stalker! I seriously can't believe his profession is an attorney...'cause most times in a job such as his; one need to be smooth & confident a la Harvey of Suits LoL. Jin-Gook acts like a fumbling teenager. 

I really do think there's better chemistry between Ji-Woon & Sang-Ah...she somewhat resembles his ex too... And I much prefer Ji-Woon with his bangs up;) Ugh this drama is killing with the suspense on So-Mi's backstory!:crazy:

Those 2 pesky female co-workers at Da-Young's office are on my nerves. They should pay more attention to their own job over minding/spreading gossip:rolleyes:

I'm so frustrated with Da-Young aka Ms I'm Sorry I don't even know where to begin-_- She's so scatter brained & a klutz I think she'd match better with Mr. I'm Sorry aka Jin-Gook. Though that one ad exec seem to eye her too?? 

Poor Ji-Woon looks like he's overworked & underpaid LoL. He even doubles as a messenger now. 

• Like 3

@darr To me the house plays a part because since LSH left him behind, he has never returned to this flat. Notice that he is living in a room that looks like an office. There is no bed, nothing that makes him feel as if he were home. The fact that he is clinging onto that flat (he even took a loan for that) underlines the great importance of the flat in his life. For him, the flat is connected to happy memories with LSH. He felt secure and had the impression, this flat was their home. With her disappearance, he has no home... it is as if he has been abandoned, like a stray cat that is now going to different homes in order to feel that feeling of "home". I would even say, the stray cat is looking for a new home, where someone decides to adopt him. This is DY's role. She is little by little taking him in: celebrating his birthday, asking for his favourites dishes. Besides, we shouldn't forget that in DY's home, he is able to create "memories" from the past. He pictures DY's past as a loving and warm home... This is something he has been missing for so long. To me, it works as if he can erase these happy memories with LSH with others. I have the impression that KJW gave his best for LSH (in his mind, it was their home) but I sense that LSH might have NOT seen it like that. She could have felt pressured. Finally, he needs someone who pays attention to him, cares for him because if we look at KJW's behaviour, we will notice that he always helps people, whereas he neglects himself. DY is the right girl for that. She is considerate, selfless and generous. Her lack of confidence comes from her past experience: she lost her best friends due to a misunderstanding, she was on her own dealing with huge problems and I am quite sure, she was made feel little and insecure. Moreover, SA's confidence in her "beauty and skills" could have overshadowed her.

@USAFarmgirl @triplem

• Like 6

Delurking to express a few thoughts on this drama:

1. Whilst Bona has a delicate beauty to her, her acting unfortunately falls short. I’ve read that she was stellar in Age of Youth but it doesn’t show here, sadly. 

There is a distinction between being weak as a character and being weak as an actor – it frustrates me that every time she comes onscreen, she puts me off with her facial and tonal expressions because I actually enjoy the story and don’t want to dislike her acting. 

The sweet and kind nature of her character already gives her an advantage, yet I am impatient with her feeble portrayal. 

Her reception to the discovery of her superior’s single-mum status maddened me, especially: She could’ve shown surprise tinged with sympathy (a trait her character is supposed to have), yet she came across as passively judgemental and shallow. I’m not sure if it’s a directorial choice but I’m inclined to think it’s her inability to express compassion in the scene.  

Her character’s helplessness (and her portrayal of it) is irritating too but I suppose it only sets up opportunities for the renewal of friendship with So Mi and Sang Ah, while allowing Kim Saeng to swoop in to clean up her literal and figurative messes. 

Her weakness as a thespian is particularly glaring, when you put her next to Go Won Hee, who plays a frankly-annoying character with such measured nuance that you sympathise with her character, whilst laughing at her foibles. 

2. Ha Seok Jin – he has sparkling chemistry with Sang Ah and I can even see him with Ms Ahn (this latter pairing makes me think of him in Childless Comfort, where he had an older lady as a partner, iirc), but not with Da Young. 

His bluntness and sometimes-playful bickering with Sang Ah, as well as how comfortable they are with each other, makes me wish for an alternate storyline, instead of the one that’s already been prescribed for the main leads.

The kiss between him and Da Young happened too early and in a cheesy way that just makes her attraction to him seem forced. 

The bright night light and her full—perfectly-done—makeup in the kiss scene also made me roll my eyes. 

3. Speaking of makeup, Bona carries off deep raspberry lips beautifully. I was actually sorry to see her use a different colour in later scenes! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really annoyed with DY's noisy female sunbaes, they seem lack of skill if I see them, all they did are just grumbling and badmouthing DY. I wonder why would the company hire them? 

So SH is JW's girlfriend? I guess she'll meet JW later. She visits that neighbor grandfather for the watch. 

The kiss wasn't meant to be romantic since it happened unexpectedly. But I guess their kiss will bloom their feeling for each other. DY has started to depend more on him and she feels kinda jealous to SA. She cares of him more than before. A sign of love. 

@bebebisous33 @triplem thanks for sharing you guys experience as working mom. I am still single so I don't face the same problem as what working moms have. But I do understand that working outside and taking care of the kids and all are not an easy job. They have to be balanced so everything can work well. As in our country here, many moms work outside while they still have to take care of their family. But the society didn't really see it bad as what happened with ahn lady. Cause they work to support the family financial or they originally a carrier woman before they married. Here, some working moms usually hire a baby sitter or a nanny to take care their kids or there is a place like child care centre where they can take their kids there while they work. But the old concept of mom should stay home is still there. Tho, they don't have to pay attention with their opinions. As long as they can keep their duties as mom and wife well, working outside is not something bad. 

These days, finding a trustworthy nanny is not easy. So many of parents also leaves their kids to their grandparents. So when they're done with work, they pick them back home. Or the grandparents will accompany the kids at home along with the nanny.  

For the romance,

I love how the the girls get their own love line. SA needs to show all her true self. And I think she'll have hard time to do that while JK will be glad to help her. The preview shows that he notice she has a problem right away. 

JW needs to remember what he forgot then he'll realize that he cares DY more than what he thought. 

SM and GR are cute. I see that he'll help her more later. That brother is her step brother for sure. But I wonder what he had done to her to make her so traumatized like now. The flashback stops right when the truth will be revealed. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

I don't know if JW will end up with anyone of those above as I believe one has to deal with their pain before they can move on.  

As for now, but I hope he'll end up with DY. Hahaha. SA with KJK and SM with GR. The jewelry girl with the jewelry guy. I hope the guy stop being a gay and turn back on his nature, liking her. She seems very broken heart when she knows that he likes a man. They pretty cute together. He's such a sweet and kind one. So I love all these couples. No cliche triangle, so happy!! 

19 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

My last thought is DY and creepy Head boss that by the preview will believe what he heard at the office and make advances towards her.  It makes my heart tingle with happiness to think of JW coming like a Knight to her rescue.

I thought that he is a good guy when he hides the pills under the sofa. But he is just a jerk. I agree DY needs to stand up for herself. I hate that she just hides behind the walls hearing her sunbaes bathmouthing her. 

Oh... yes!! That makes me happy too. Lol

JW will come to rescue her. 

• Like 4

A non popular opinion about my take on the female lead. I don’t want to upset anyone, I just needed to get it off my chest & move on. 

Spoiler

On paper , DY’s character is suppoSe to be the typical bumbling clumsy female lead with a heart of gold , but I really found her recent absentmindedness a bit too much for my OCD personality. I’m not sure if it’s the actress’s delivery but I just can’t sympathise with her the way I do for So Mi ( who’s also shy & timid ) . I was annoyed because this is not her first time. I guess she’s still an intern & needs more training but dear lord , important presentations like that should be backed up on USB , mail & on cloud ! I badly want to feel sorry & root for her , I somehow don’t . Why ? 

I am trying my ultimate best to like the pairing btwn her and KJW , and this is not a good sign if I have to try so hard . And it is not that i want KJW to end up with Sang A either,  since I do like the pairing of her ( Sang A ) with Kwon. So I don’t know what I’m going to do . :sweatingbullets:

From my view point , chemistry  is lacking  between the main OTP. This is of course subjective and rest assured I don’t have any prejudice & pre-conceived ideas about Bona . First time I am seeing her . And this is rare because Ha Seok Jin is one of those actors who has chemistry with every female lead I have seen him with , having seen a number of his dramas. 

I like her (DY) interactions with the girls though. I love them as a bunch, feels like Age of Youth . I thoroughly enjoy the moments where they gather round the table &  get treats from their Handsome House Helper, and discuss life problems . Makes me want to go back to that age & share a home with my girlfriends , but how to find a Kim saem :lol:

And in some situations, desperate clingy Kwon & vain Sang A would be such a put off . But there’s just something completely adorable about Kwon and refreshingly straightforward about Sang A  , that I just love them. Hats off to Lee Ji Hoon & Go Won Hee . They really shine in their scenes. But aigoo bad timing on the date again ! 

i wonder now what So Mi’s Brother did to her that created so much fear.

By the way I am enjoying the tips he  gives  at the end of episode. Some really unusual ideas .

HSJ agency updates :

Food truck support from Taiwan , HK fan club

Spoiler

Spoiler

The BTS is hilarious!

Kiss scene BTS

• Like 4

I'm really enjoying this drama. I don't normally watch the entire episode even if I may like a certain drama. I tend to skip the annoying scenes of characters I dislike. However, there's nothing to dislike about this drama. I particularly like the dog, Ttobok.

• Like 3