[Drama 2018] Your House Helper, 당신의 하우스헬퍼

Go Seung Ji

KJW come to the rescue? Yay...

But...the actual scenes sometimes different than what we hoping to happen based on the preview. So, low my expectation...

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehh, I finally caught up, marathoned all 2 weeks worth.

Enjoy reading all your posts.  Just wanted to add.

Jin Wook and Sang-Ah's relationship is off balanced right now since he is sooo enarmoured with her.  I love their scenes together, Lee Ji-Hoon and Go Won-Hee are talented actors.  Like anyone in real life, Sang-Ah would be uneasy with the adoration.  Her confusion is beyond the self confidence, it has to do with the last failed relationship with the ex.  She is more cautious now.  Plus, she is not the most straightforward girl so it's understandable that she looks for the unspoken meaning in everyone's actions.  She can't see how someone can show his heart so completely in the open given she is all about decorum and outward presentation. This is putting pressure on her even more because he has not or can't verbalize the reasons why he likes her.  Sang-Ah is comfortable at being herself around Ji Woon thus we get to see the natural chemistry on screen. Despite not listening to his advices, she appreciates his honest constructive criticisms.  I think it is what Sang-Ah subconsciously responds to and the key to connecting with her.   She's the same with her other three friends.  Jin Wook needs to give her some tough love from here out, especially with the lawsuit.  I think that's how Sang-Ah can see that he cares enough to make her see her mistakes and correct them.  Otherwise, he will always be a fantasy Prince Charming.

Just finished episode 7 & 8. I come to like this drama more. I used to have a staff similar to Dayoung that required me to guide, correct her almost every day. Sometimes I lost patience and scolded her like Ms. Ahn did. But, she grows and able to be independent now. I think every new hire or intern prone to make mistakes.  This is why I feel so dear to Dayoung.

Maybe I'm one of the small viewers who likes Dayoung. Such a pure soul, lack of confidence, honest and make people want to care for her. Some might perceive her as vulnerable, unable to defend herself and unreasonable because she is absentminded. However, for me, Dayoung is a brave and strong girl. She managed to go through the stumble after his father passed away and her close family abandoned her after she decided to keep the house. Being strong doesn't require one to be aggressive or a pushover. You can still be strong with a soft heart and being feminine.

It's too cliche if the drama ends with Jiun and Sang A as a couple. We can say being comfortable with each other shows chemistry, however awkwardness also a sign of chemistry especially when you attract with someone. For me, Jiun - Sang A relationship is more like brother/sister,  and I don't see that with Jiun - Dayoung. The way Jiun react to Dayoung request also different with Sang A. He is more caring and gentle to Dayoung. After he voluntary gave his mobile no. to Dayoung, I think he started to open up and want to be part of Dayoung's life -  indirectly he wants to be Dayoung's white night like her late father who adores and love her ingenuously. 

Another character that attracts me here is Hyejo and Mr. Jang. I love this two cupid. They play their role well. And I would like to know who is Sohee. What is her relationship with Jiun? As she looks more mature than Jiun. This drama getting more and more interesting. It feels too short with 16 episode.

@triplem.hehe..hi there chinggu..good to see you here too.. 

@bebebisous33..thank you chinggu for the clarification..Honestly, there are points in this drama I could not put my finger on. Not because it is confusing but more of the point that the PD tend to put vague hints on how the whole drama will developed. Usually, I could foretell the end of the drama after 1-2 eps, whether it is going to be open, sad or happy ending. Hence, my expectation will follow suit, which is why I enjoyed the whole process towards the ending, even if the ending is not to my liking, especially sad or open ending. But like @USAFarmgirl pointed out, this drama has many layers. We could not just view this from one angle. Hence, the complication of the relationships threw me off a bit, mainly because the depth of the story was not something I can figure out at one go. Nevertheless I enjoyed the whole drama, despite the complications as I like the philosophy behind cleaning and housekeeping, being OCD myself..hehehe

As for my take about the OTP, it was just my personal view. In terms of acting wise, I would have to agree with @triplem. There is so much Bona has to learn about emoting emotions in certain situation. But likewise, I too think part of her shortcoming maybe due to the direction given to her which maybe due to the fact that the PD wanted to prepare her character for what is coming. And this comes back to my point earlier. There are many angle in this drama that I could not put my finger on due to the deepness of the story. I am so grateful to those who can clarify for me. Kamsahanida chinggus!! Even so, in terms of character, I would want DY to end up with KJW, mainly because both characters seemed to fit each other really well (despite the person playing the character). They both loss someone precious in their life (someone who has been their compass), which in turn make them they "lost" their way in their own life.  Hence, they need each other to find their way back but they just dont know that yet. Their romance is a bonus.  This is the simplest philosophy that I found from both characters. Although all her other friends also have their own life story, I believe too each one would prove to be the strongest support for each other as their story unravel later. Although I was irked by SA, but I like her when she is aorund KJW. I knw her character is to be somewhat self-centred but naive, but she capture my attention with her wittiness in figuring out her friend's problem. So, that is why I think she is a strong rival to DY if the whole direction of the drama is about the love triangle.

Btw, I know it is a trend for kdramas to create strong love triangle but of late the triangles are even "unbearable". Wok of Love is one. Mr Sunshine is another one (this one is even worse, three men, one lady..and the fans are divided into 3 teams..hehehe..I feel the Twillight vibes here..Team Jacob or Team Edward). And now in the house helper, whether we like it or not, there is Team DY and Team SA. In this forum, it might not be obvious but in other forums I frequented, the division is quite apparent. Hence, I guess, for this drama, I would just wait and see..while holding my breath..hahaha

@The_Doctor Thanks for the preview!!:wub:

It seems at the end of the preview that DY asks KJW if she can like him. I have the impression that SA wants to help her friend but at some point, she is afraid of being seen/recognized so that the cleaning lady hides her. I have the impression that SA appears to be embarrassed to be seen with her friends, dressed as cleaning ladies. But the preview can be misleading.

@bebebisous33, I agree with you, that SA seems embarassed to help her friends.  Of the four friends, she has serious image problems.  She is always well dressed when she goes out, she places much importance on her superficial appearance......she only shows people a certain side of her.  That’s what caused the problem between the three friends in the past.....so I’m glad that she forgave SM and they have all since moved on.  

This is why I think JW won’t have any feelings toward her other than as a friend, because he knows how shallow she is.  She even tried to lie and say that he was her boyfriend so that JK would leave her alone.  Apparently she doesn’t feel the same attraction towards JK that he does for her, sadly.  I think it’s funny how silly and goofy he is.....he totally seems inexperienced at his age! Lol

It’s creepy how terrified SM is of her brother.  What the heck did he do to her that she said so intimidated by even the mention of his name?  Anxious to see/hear her back story.  This is what makes this drama so good, because each character has his/her own back story.  I love how the story is unfolding!

53 minutes ago, auntyem said:

What the heck did he do to her that she said so intimidated by even the mention of his name? 

Remember that episode when their mom was away, he ordered chicken and beer? I think they got drunk and he came onto her, maybe rape but definitely sexual harassment. And because it's her "brother " maybe she kept quiet to not to disturb the family or maybe he said "noone will believe you even if you say it and you will be the one telling people weird things " or something similar to that. Or was it an ongoing thing through her high school years ? He definitely gives that creepy vibe though. 

I hope i am wrong, but i don't think that i am..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBE3obs8EYY_p0nCDncbzimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQN2z1YL4C6Uyd-W7Gr8Emaxresdefault.jpg 

" Say Goodbye to where you have been... And tell your heart to beat again "

JW shed light tonight on who isn't his type and although he and DY have a ways to go still it is those first steps in moving towards the light and in being able to open yourself up and move past what was in hopes of what could be. Believing you could love or be loved once again!  As much as I was hoping to see him sweep DY up in his arms tonight I knew it was and is way to soon.  Dramas never move as fast as my heart does or wants them too LOL :w00t: 

DY isn't as mature as some of the other ladies but what I love about her is that she is what she is. 

NO airs or masks or trying to be something she isn't because to be honest she doesn't have that much faith in herself.  The sad part is she has more talent than most but her greatest talent is really caring about others.   She is just trying to gather enough courage and money to keep her house it's as simple as that.   Where it's not just about the memories that are every where she looks but even more it's about feeling the presence of her Dad and in being able to hear his voice, touch his things and smell that scent that says she is HOME...

Not unlike JW who for what ever reason holds onto an apartment and still visits it in the dark and sits outside its door.

He too has a connection to a place and person and isn't able to let go of the past.  I was thinking tonight of all those lives he touches and it's hard not to be moved when you see that he is truly making a difference in the people he comes into contact with daily!  I never thought of cleaning as a way of showing love to others and yet while watching I realized that's just what he is doing.  Not just in the four women's lives but in all those he can, even those whom don't say yes to him right away.  He heals & cleans, and changes lives and hearts one person at a time meeting them where they are.  Not judging them but understanding and seeking out what it is they don't say.  What he sees with his heart and hears in the voices that become like images of even those who are no longer in that

HOME...

You know no matter how lonely or rough life can be.  This drama allows you to see. 

That taking the time in giving and bringing change to others.

In doing what you can instead of what you can't.

Can bring you a sense of peace, and worth and sets your heart at ease...:heart:

I will be the first to admit "boy, how wrong I was!"..*sheepish*.

Just managed to watch the latest ep subbed and was so,so,so relieved with the progress..and now it is not vague anymore. One thing for sure, last week's preview really stir me up..hehehe..leading to all the wrong presumptions..

I am so glad that KJW clear the air up about the type of girl he does not like (though he did not clarify the type he likes yet)

I am glad that the preview where SA leaning towards KJW while sleeping is just the PD's cheeky way to stir the fans up when in actual scene, he softly pushed her away. Hence, indicating that he is not comfortable with the closeness, unlike when he was around DY. In turn, it gives hope for DY. (Seriously, my heart was relieved when he pushed her head away like that. I can actually hear my heart sigh with relieve..hehehe)

I am glad that DY's drunkness make her frank about her feelings for KJW, at least we are moving on to something, no more lingered feelings

But as @USAFarmgirl pointed out, it is too early for the show to have any loveline for the OTP since this drama is about housekeeping philosophy, not so much on romance yet. I predicted that the even in tonight's episode, it seems that even if DY is about to confess, I dont think KJW will reciprocate immediately. I think he will ponder upon it. Hence, I would want to see more of SA and KJK now, even more after SA realise that she is letting her pride getting in her way to resolve all her problems (I am glad that she came to realise that when she was lecturing her ex boss)

8 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

" Say Goodbye to where you have been... And tell your heart to beat again "

JW shed light tonight on who isn't his type and although he and DY have a ways to go still it is those first steps in moving towards the light and in being able to open yourself up and move past what was in hopes of what could be. Believing you could love or be loved once again!  As much as I was hoping to see him sweep DY up in his arms tonight I knew it was and is way to soon.  Dramas never move as fast as my heart does or wants them too LOL :w00t: 

DY isn't as mature as some of the other ladies but what I love about her is that she is what she is. 

NO airs or masks or trying to be something she isn't because to be honest she doesn't have that much faith in herself.  The sad part is she has more talent than most but her greatest talent is really caring about others.   She is just trying to gather enough courage and money to keep her house it's as simple as that.   Where it's not just about the memories that are every where she looks but even more it's about feeling the presence of her Dad and in being able to hear his voice, touch his things and smell that scent that says she is HOME...

Not unlike JW who for what ever reason holds onto an apartment and still visits it in the dark and sits outside its door.

He too has a connection to a place and person and isn't able to let go of the past.  I was thinking tonight of all those lives he touches and it's hard not to be moved when you see that he is truly making a difference in the people he comes into contact with daily!  I never thought of cleaning as a way of showing love to others and yet while watching I realized that's just what he is doing.  Not just in the four women's lives but in all those he can, even those whom don't say yes to him right away.  He heals & cleans, and changes lives and hearts one person at a time meeting them where they are.  Not judging them but understanding and seeking out what it is they don't say.  What he sees with his heart and hears in the voices that become like images of even those who are no longer in that

HOME...

You know no matter how lonely or rough life can be.  This drama allows you to see. 

That taking the time in giving and bringing change to others.

In doing what you can instead of what you can't.

Can bring you a sense of peace, and worth and sets your heart at ease...:heart:

I really loved what you wrote about DY. She might be clumsy and have low self-esteem but her greatest strengths are her honesty, her tolerance, her generosity and her selflessness. That's the reason why KJW is attracted to her and feels the need to protect her. DY and KJW have all these qualities in common. SA had to bargain with KJW so that the latter would help her to find the CEO. So his help is not free.

Actually, I liked what DY said to SA about KJK. She asked SA why she cared so much about her image and pride as she has no interest in KJK. She had no intention of dating him. SA got hurt but in my eyes, DY was right. Until now, SA has shown no real appreciation of KJK. she was rather annoyed and saw him as a burden. Sure, she could never relax as she was afraid of getting caught in her lies. She never paid attention to KJK so far. To conclude, we can not say that SA loves KJK.

It was interesting to hear that TH envies SA which the latter didn't know. SA has always envied TH for her position, for being admired aso, yet she failed to realize her own strengths. SA has indeed redeeming qualities. She works hard, tries to rely on no one, is talented and shows a lot of confidence in what she is doing.

There is a reason why SA is just second lead. She has definitely more flaws than DY in my opinion. I was pretty annoyed that she asked for KJW's help, unaware that her own action would hurt her friend DY in the end. She is so self-centered and superficial therefore KJW can not fall in love with such a person. SA needs to realize that her way of thinking is wrong. Even if in the last episode, she realized that her pride could be the cause for her future misery, she is still unaware of her own superficiality. I hope that at the end of the drama, she appears at TH's wedding in a simple dress and she feels confident about it.      

Yikes ep. 18 opened a whole can of worms:huh:

Sure hope Ahn Lady doesn't get reprimanded too harshly. That silverlight exec I knew his face seemed a bit lecherous!:P OY Bo-Na's voice I tell ya LoL:P

Ahahah "Sang-Ah's not my type" 

I understand why Sang-Ah felt she couldn't tell Jin-Gook yet. They've only started dating & well, we all like to maintain the best version of ourselves. However that revelation that Tae-Hee envied Sang-Ah isn't surprising as "Grass is greener on the other side". We always compare ourselves to others & not realise what may work for them may not be meant for us. As in I'm sure everyone worked hard to obtain what they have. 

TL:DR:- We are all unique and everyone lead a different journey in their lives. 

I must say Ahn Lady punching that jerkface was very satisfying! 

@bedifferent

I concur. 

Jin-Gook places Sang-Ah at such a pedestal. Like she's a literal Goddess in his rose colored view of her that it'd pressure anyone to tears LoL. I still don't see any sparks between them 'cause Sang-Ah still treads cautiously around him while he overthinks - bad recipe for disaster LoL. 

@inna75

LoL at the Twilight references! 

I'm Team Jacob btw eheh. I've always been rooting the underdog (pun intended) not one to go for the popular types. 

Love triangles are prevalent everywhere. Not just K-dramas but other Asian dramas. Hollywood movies are not indifferent to this. I don't feel any spark for Ji-Woon/Da-Young either. I can sense the down votes with my unpopular opinion LoL... Oh well (sigh) I'm just sayin'. 

I couldn't help myself watching it RAW. A great episode tonight:wub:, something I had been wishing came true: they were gathered at DY's house, even KJK was there in order to help DY and Miss Ahn.

It is clear that KJW is attracted to DY and has feelings for her but if I understood it correctly, he told her that he needed time. However, KJW indicates that he feels comfortable with DY as he confessed his past to her. So he is definitely moving on. 

It seems to me that LSH was somehow involved with his "CEO" and friend. 

On 8/2/2018 at 3:21 AM, auntyem said:

@bebebisous33, I agree with you, that SA seems embarassed to help her friends.  Of the four friends, she has serious image problems.  She is always well dressed when she goes out, she places much importance on her superficial appearance......she only shows people a certain side of her.  That’s what caused the problem between the three friends in the past.....so I’m glad that she forgave SM and they have all since moved on.  

This is why I think JW won’t have any feelings toward her other than as a friend, because he knows how shallow she is.  She even tried to lie and say that he was her boyfriend so that JK would leave her alone.  Apparently she doesn’t feel the same attraction towards JK that he does for her, sadly.  I think it’s funny how silly and goofy he is.....he totally seems inexperienced at his age! Lol

It’s creepy how terrified SM is of her brother.  What the heck did he do to her that she said so intimidated by even the mention of his name?  Anxious to see/hear her back story.  This is what makes this drama so good, because each character has his/her own back story.  I love how the story is unfolding!

@auntyem perhaps due to the bf in the US. How he was and his status plus the attitude hence SA trying to act and look that way.  He was always the best one, and getting others crushing on her man. Like bebebisous33 said she has flaws..maybe insecurities to herself.  When she goes out she always dress well like she's rich. Self esteem? Maybe the bf back then would  look and say something about liking a woman with "class?".

In contrast to DY who was middle rich back then (hence the huge house) but father  was bankrupt and in debt but she lived a simple happy family live with her parents but now she's alone and with no one.  JW feel's like that rock she lean on.

SM must've been molested? from earlier episodes SM wary of men. She's scared of them and stiffens when confronted

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

It is clear that KJW is attracted to DY and has feelings for her but if I understood it correctly, he told her that he needed time. However, KJW indicates that he feels comfortable with DY as he confessed his past to her. So he is definitely moving on. 

It seems to me that LSH was somehow involved with his "CEO" and friend. 

Very happy they talked about it. Who knew that a “cleaning date” would be fun? I’ll clean with HSJ anytime! 

P.S. Special shoutout to Office Housekeeping Cupid Fairy! Setting things in motion for our OTP... Maybe she’ll connect w/ Neighbor Watchman? Lol 

Til next episode...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrN5ntNrAiZNKUESdEOdvhqdefault.jpg  Manager Ahn the unsung hero...

I didn't post about this last night even though it was and is such an important scene.  One that is relevant and I think brilliant in that this writer used her story and her talent to not only imitate life.  But to do it in a way that brings attention to not only abuse, harassment, but also to real prejudices and shed light on the good old policy of covering it up for the mighty buck. 

How low can you go low enough to sell yourself instead of doing what's right. 

Even when you know the truth...

It's the very reason Manager Ahn set's the standards even if she thinks it was weak to hit him.  It would have been even weaker to have stood there and done nothing man or woman.  It's about the choices that we make and it's even more about who we are and what we are willing to do.  So often when we see things that we don't agree with it's easy to make a million excuses and look the other way.  In fact it's done everyday and to be honest I think we sell ourselves cheaply and our honor too...

I won't lie I wanted DY to shout out Manager Ahn is innocent and felt a little let down that she didn't at first but then I remembered that kind of action hadn't even taken place in defending her own self.  How could I expect that from her right now.  Not to mention she was a bit fuzzy about what all had gone on.  Yet she did go after her and is doing all she can with the help of others I believe will make a difference...

I loved Ahn not only that she was willing to give up everything for her belief in what's right.  And to stand by herself taking no one or expecting no one to go with her even though her action was initially done to protect someone else. 

That's the kind of courage that should have been respected & rewarded.

Instead of being yelled at and humiliated and blamed.

Where is the honor in a company that does that?  That doesn't care about the truth.

It's filled with people who are willing and freely look the other way too...

:heartbreak:

Ep 17-18:

SA's CEO not a bad person it seem. 

Whatever happened between SM and her brother and how she coped that problem, am glad that she didnt end up in despair, gloomy dark world.

And if i was DY, I would punched that starlight guy myself. 

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

Just finished watching E 19-20.  

I wanted to know if it’s safe to vacuum up all the salt into an upright cannister like Dyson? Maybe I should use flour instead?  :lol:

I do think, it is okay... when you use the vacuum cleaner, there are always some small seeds/grains. So it should be okay with salt.

@USAFarmgirl edit: I believe that their strategy is to make look Mr. Yoo so little. Remember that he told DY that KJW was not good enough for her. So KJW showing all dressed up like that, Mr. Yoo witnesses how all the female colleagues admire the house cleaner. KJW can make feel Mr. Yoo so small and like a bad guy. Maybe KJW treats all the female colleagues so nicely, at some point they might start complaining about Mr. Yoo. 

After watching the episode with subtitles, I must say that the conversation between JW and DY was amazing. He is definitely moving on. I have the impression that LSH must have been married to GTS and she left him behind. LSH said that she wasn't going to marry KJW because he was too good. From my point of view, it looks like KSH has always been running away. 

Archived