Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Your House Helper, 당신의 하우스헬퍼

Poor Hye-Joo.. :(

Quite the plot twist I say, so Gi-Seok was into Hye-Joo all along but misled Cheol-Soo? Aigoo~ 

I was LoL SO HARD at Ji-Woon's face:w00t: when Da-Young was "attacked" by the mutant roach! :lol:

So-Mi's traumatic past is really.. Ewww~ is it incest?! :crazy: Her stepbrother is just EW. 

Ga-Ram needs to hold back LoL, same goes for Jin-Gook both guys are so thirsty Dear Lord! Have they been on a dry spell or what LoL?! :phew::P

• Like 3

3 hours ago, staygold said:

I felt that her hatred for the black beans (from ep 11) was an analogy for her dislike/phobia of men. Mr Kim took back the first dish knowing that she shouldn't force herself to finish something she didn't enjoy. When he served the fried beans with sweet n sour sauce I felt that the writer is telling So Mi should try new things (Including interacting with men.) She might just end up liking the experience.

Thank you @staygold my feelings too, love what you wrote here...:heart:

I also think JW was seeking for understanding and maybe even clues how is it that a woman who seems to be so passive and silent in never wanting to bring attention to herself.  Yet was willing to be quietly bold in not eating those beans and was able to kill that bug without even a thought.  I can only write what I believe and I honestly don't believe JW has it in him to bully any woman or for that matter any man without great cause.  He too is a survivor of not one but two horrible and broken experiences.  If you think about it he is constantly absorbing information about those around him and he is like a human magnet for hidden clues.

He sees under the skin and beneath the heart.

I remember in another drama ( Boys Over Flowers - Lee Min Ho ) about a lead character being so strong willed and in control of himself but his weakness was a roach.  I think the scene was to prove that no matter how perfect a person may seem or how strong JW there are weaknesses to be found. For there are no perfect people and everyone is afraid of something.  On the flip side of that, there are people who intentionally place a wall around them to protect their fears like SM.  Yet their strengths can be seen by instinct rather than by will.

Sometimes reaching out or it's intention to help is done in many ways and often it is the result that is not seen right away. 

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:50 AM, stuartjmz said:

You mean So Hee, who disappeared? She's played by Shim Yi Young 

What episode does she first appear in so I know when to look for her as I catch up?

• Like 2

For some reasons i stopped watching this drama. I dont know why.

• Like 1

I'm going to clean my stove screens using baking soda and vinegar. Hoping it works as beautifully as on the show!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Does anybody else get the same feeling as me.....that SA isn’t really interested in JK?  The poor guy is totally enamored with her, always wants to be around her, desperately so that he even take some advice from TS!  Yet she doesn’t look too thrilled when she’s out with him, and is always denying any existence of a relationship with him! Makes me wonder if she’s really dating him or not? So mean! However, he is NOT giving up, he’s like a total school boy, marching on in his avid pursuit of her! Lol

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ida51 said:

I'm going to clean my stove screens using baking soda and vinegar. Hoping it works as beautifully as on the show!

My wife uses baking soda and vinegar almost exclusively when cleaning the kitchen. She swears by them. On another note...

I have watched the first two episodes and I'm in. I'm enjoying it. So tomorrow will be a binge watching catch up day.

• Like 4

@stuartjmz

Actually, That scene was the first time I found Mr Kim to be patronising and a touch bullying.  Personal taste in food is just that, personal taste. He actually told her was wrong to dislike them and said "I will change your palate". THAT  really irked me - he had no right to tell her that her subjective taste was objectively wrong, and to say "I will change it" smacked of paternalistic superiority. If that scene WAS an analogy for her abuse, that compounds the error by even more inanely trivialising her trauma".

In response I would actually want to say that it was not patronising or even arrogant for Mr. Kim to say he will change her palate, because many times he behaves like a father, or anyway, like an older brother to all the girls and it is not wrong since he is older. Plus, he prepared the beans in another way so that she could start to like them, because as he quoted, the beans were antioxidant and very good for their health. If she would have tasted them and still say she didn´t like them, he would have respected her. But I found the scene touching, because he doesn´t gain anything by helping her to eat a new food for her, he is just happy to be of use. I actually really wish i could meet somebody like him in my life, a dear older brother full of knowledge. 

Edited by bebebisous33
tagging / quoting properly
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 6:20 PM, darr said:

For some reasons i stopped watching this drama. I dont know why.

Yeah the drama does have some interesting plot, but it's not executed well at times. I feel like this drama could have been as good as Age of Youth, but the writing and directing duo we have here isn't as great. 

I'm still watching though haha because there's a good bunch of characters in this drama, and I'd like to see how they go. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

I don' know what he ACTUALLY said in Korean, but as the subs read, it was arrogant and patronising. He could have said something like " I think you might be surprised, I'll cook them in a way that might change your mind" To say I WILL change your palate" is cocky, arrogant and overly self-assured. And I say that as someone who has endured several decades of people thinking they could   change my palate.  

Hum, well, I think it is a matter of perception. You felt it as he was cocky and arrogant, and that is ok. It was the way you felt it and interpreted it. Whereas for me, I simply felt he was very concerned and nice and helpful. These are different perceptions, but both have reasons to co-exist. (I apologize for my English is not so good. It is not my mother language). 

• Like 6

Just checking - is there only one episode this week because of Korea Liberation Day?

27 minutes ago, emmafaye said:

Hum, well, I think it is a matter of perception. You felt it as he was cocky and arrogant, and that is ok. It was the way you felt it and interpreted it. Whereas for me, I simply felt he was very concerned and nice and helpful. These are different perceptions, but both have reasons to co-exist. (I apologize for my English is not so good. It is not my mother language). 

Good point Emma - words are tricky things with slippery meanings. Especially when we can't be sure that what we're reading in a subtitles is what the character is actually saying.

• Like 3

I think there will be broadcast today 

Posted by his agency 

• Like 6

I'm not sure what message this drama is tryin' to convey with that Jerkface now turning into Da-Young's stalker:crazy: It just rubbed me the wrong way... 

So-Hee prove to be an impossible wall to overcome, even if Ji-Woon made a decision to let go; 5 years was indeed a long time. Da-Young will have a tough time competing with an "absent" ex... 

I find it sweet that Ga-Ram is so committed in helping So-Mi...I just wish she'd trust him enough to confide on her sleazy creeper of a stepbrother. 

I'm sorry but I didn't like Da-Young's outfit for her date with Ji-Woon, Sang-Ah's dress was better. I also love her earrings!:wub:B) I agree that love grow & develops overtime. Love at first sight is a fantasy perpetuated by the media. 

YaY Ahn Lady is back:D

Ji-Woon can come across pretty high-handed/control freak I'd admit. Him tellin' Da-Young to include more greens in her diet came across like he was her nutritionist or something:P

Sheesh Jin-Gook is such a dork! Who offers their date an itinerary?!:w00t::lol: Sang-Ah havin' to put her best face on at all times is exhausting LoL I mean it's ok 'cause Jin-Gook is so lovestruck he doesn't mind but I guess Jin-Gook need to call her 2 hours ahead for her to prepare:w00t::lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I have the impression that LSH might have been someone who helps people to overcome their struggling. I just watched the ending out of curiosity and was surprised to see that

Spoiler

Ga Ram knew LSH. He met her, when he was a student (see school uniform).

We heard from him that he was struggling because his father abused him. Then the way he is helping SM reveals that he has learnt a lot through his therapy.

Spoiler

In my opinion, LSH could be the one who helped him to overcome his trauma and leave his violent surrounding.

Finally, I would like to add for this theory, we can observe a certain regularity in the pattern:

Manager Goo was looking for LSH. Then we heard from him that he had faced huge issues in the past.

Then JW met LSH, when he was about to commit suicide.

To conclude, LSH left all these men, when she noticed that they were able to stand on their feet and had oc´vercome their issues/trauma/crisis. Striking is that LSH brought KJW to her flat and indirectly "pushed" him to clean the place. That's how he found his new job in the long run. I have the impression, when LSH spent time with them, she made sure that these young men would find happiness. 

• Like 4

@triplem @USAFarmgirl I was disappointed with Sang A in the last episode. She told her friends that the start of a couple should be clear and JK definitely did what she wanted. Honestly, JK tries his best to please her and she was upset because she was just wearing these fancy pants. Really, that's so absurd and superficial. Does she really like JK? I hope, in the last two episodes, she should be the one running after him because she needs to prove that she likes and even loves him.

As for GR, I have the impression that LSH is not his real mother but he believes, she is his mother. He said that people told him that his mother had died. LSH appeared in his life, when he was facing a real crisis in his life. Just like JW, GR was on the verge of becoming a criminal. I sense that GR was not happy, when he heard that JW was dating DY. So he knew that JW used to date LSH. But in my opinion, he is mistaken about LSH. Like I mentioned it above, I have the impression that LSH has always used her life in order to help people, guide them to lead a better life. Notice that there is a pattern here with JW, Go and GR: Thanks to LSH, all these three men decided to help others. Go helped JW, the latter helped DY and her friends, GR helped SM aso. 

• Like 5

Not happy with SA... She knew how JK tries hard to please her. I feel like he’s always walking on eggshells when with her. I agree she needs to do the chasing this time.

JW/DY! I like it! I didn’t like how the episode ended though. He was already at the cafe. DY was on her way there. He couldn’t wait a little longer to see her for a bit?

• Like 4

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN~ (Cue: Dramatic BGM) In true K-Drama fashion - The Classic Plot Twist!

Ga-Ram AND So-Hee are re--la--ted...??!!

The whole Jin-Gook/Sang-Ah segment was freakin' HILARIOUS:w00t: Don't let a man like that slip through your fingers Sang-Ah shi! LoL He made a dash to the convenient store the minute he heard she craved Beer MWAHAHAH:lol: What if she asked for oysters!? Would he dived into the sea there & then LoL!? At least there's never a dull moment for Sang-Ah when she's with Jin-Gook:phew::lol:

Awww~ where would this leave Cheol-Soo & Hye-Joo..?? 

• LOL 2
  • Thanks 1