[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

I'm sorry but SJJ!! You turn a story that was doing great - into something I totally lost and feel 100% heartbroken over. I'm happy that PSH was able to play as emma and heejoo. She nailed it. It just the development of her character make me felt devastated. I waited 2 years for her to comeback..ahh...What a waste of HB-PSH chemistry..

Anyway, i'm just curious how the writer gonna wrap all of this mess in one episode? SJJ got a chance to explain all of this in this 2 remaining episode but she twist everything back and make my heejoo running and cry over jinwoo again. Poor heejoo. I'm sorry, i just felt.. dissatisfied..Aigoo..

DxSniQlV4AAiRo4.jpg

She nailed it! That cold look. Her eyes. She turned from graceful emma into this evil look.

• Like 11

As I suspected for a while, there was an upgrade from a faceless villain to a bodiless one! Jokes aside, I really like MOtA. So far the parts that really kept me in are:

the underground scientific parts: I found this really entertaining, but a bit less explained and underdeveloped. There are a lot of interesting ideas, from an area still uncharted so far.

We do not really know how much about those lenses: how they work, are they a bio-interface, do they enhance neurofeedbak, do they cause any temporary damage/alteration of senses.

We do not know how players are monitored. Are they also subject to bio-monitoring? Are their brains over-stimulated to the point of causing somatic responses/even death? That part only would have made a great story itself.

the consistent game part. I am not a fan of computer games, but there is an intrinsic logic of each game. Finding the right clues and connection makes the experience more personal. As a viewer, I am always on my toes: Am I missing something? Do I make the right connections? The avoidance of a linear story line, flashbacks and flash-forward scenes may be annoying, but helps the entire story to stay engaged. Thank you @packmule3 for the explanations! Much appreciated.

I have skimmed the comments of the writer. However, I do not like to be told how to view a story. The way I see it, it is my personal experience. I do not care about writer’s unconscious biases, because I have mine. Even if initially the love story was side lined, in the end that love story keeps the whole plot in balance. Hee Joo’s is Jin Woo’s anchor. Jin woo is Hee Joo’s action vector. The bonus is their great chemistry and the director that can play with nuances of their characters.

There may be plot holes, inconsistencies, an annoying multi-layered story, limited point of view, but I prefer them to a linear escapist story with lovey-dovey stuff, classical tropes and nothing more in between.

• Like 11

Damn-it! This episode was extremely narratively violent. I may have seen a scene or two that were not included in a flashback, but I can't say which ones. It's never been this crazy before. I'm certainly a masochist because I loved it!

"Suddenly, I remembered that He-Ju could be waiting for me."
Dude, there's a woman who loves you and is waiting for you, and you think about it like that between two shots, and an extra dead ally?!!!!
All this to turn around at the last minute while we listen to a song?!
Seriously, dude, do you think the heroine's not crying enough all along already?!

This episode was epic. The end surprised me, as it doesn't end with a significant cliffhanger.

Well, well, now I'll be able to read the last twenty pages you laid during the ridiculous six hours I was away....

7 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

Emma stabbed Jin Woo heart!! with the key.. he holds her hand and she still stabbed him deeper...

You could say she's really the key of his life!
Well, of his death, too...

4 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

1. +3468, -74 My patience also ends here..
2. +3298, -60 I've been watching this because of Hyunbin. I'm still going to watch tomorrow but I'm never going to watch Song Jaejung's dramas anymore. It's all flashback scenes. They keep putting unnecessary scenes too. The writer's idea was fresh but that's just it.. They shouldn't have made it into 16 episodes, but 8 episodes instead. Anyway Hyunbin is the reason why viewers are here right now.. Writer. Producers.. Go reflect.
3.  +643, -13 The writer should seriously thank Park Shinhye and Hyunbin
4. +582, -16 I have no idea what I just watched.. But anyway,  Hyunbin's acting is the best When he removed the key, I felt hurt too I thought he was going to die ㅠㅠ
5. +405, -6 No matter what now that Seju has returned he should have explained what happened and fix it, it's not like he's autistic.. There's no end to it, the writer is just doing whatever she wants to do
6. +373, -4 W was like that, and so is Alhambra. She's a genius in thinking of the main idea, but she's not capable of continuing it
7. +153, -5 Ugh so frustrating, I'm never watching Song Jaejung's drama ever again

Such unfair comments. That episode was phenomenal!
God, I shouldn't read this, it makes me lose confidence in the artistic instinct of human beings!

Well, a sad ending would be perfect to crown this stream of anger.:D

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

2 hours ago, capslove said:

MOA start out okay, fresh and i like the cinematography. It's a pity that the writer didn't knew how to extract the story line, plot and making viewer confusing all over again. 2 episodes left is when you should wrap up all the mess not making another plot twist and left it cliffhanger. 

Anyway, i'm just gonna stick until the final. Hoping for the best and low expectation to both my HJ-JW ending. 

Yeah, by ep 15, she shud already tie up the loose end instead of creating new issues with Sujin unknown reason for suicide attempt, Prof Cha died in JW's hotel's room, Emma cleaning up virus from JW's heart, Seju returned without lengthy explaination exept he's been hiding for the whole year,  with him still looking & wearing the same as he did a year ago...I wonder what he did during his hide out, like did he eat & poop at all in the whole year? And my biggest disappointment is that in the 2nd last episode, there's no JW-HJ moment at all. Since the story got all haywire, at least let us see more of JW-HJ. What a waste of chemistry.

BTW, since Seju didnt know what went wrong  & who put the bug into his game, cud it be possible it was Marco who planted the bug? He did so to ensure whoever bought the game wud be dependant to him & he wud threat to get a lot of money in retun to de bug the virus.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Yay episode 15 :heart:

OMG SeJoo was also in shock cannot even think of anything. He is clearly not the "Master" right?

OMG I don't want to think that the culprit is This curly guy?? Q looks alike character?

Alhambra14-00472-1.jpg

Cr: MOA -  Dramabeans

He is so innocent!!

But of all other people?

Who else? Mr. A ?? He left for honeymoon already :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, aine7 said:

I have skimmed the comments of the writer. However, I do not like to be told how to view a story. The way I see it, it is my personal experience. I do not care about writer’s unconscious biases, because I have mine. Even if initially the love story was side lined, in the end that love story keeps the whole plot in balance. Hee Joo’s is Jin Woo’s anchor. Jin woo is Hee Joo’s action vector. The bonus is their great chemistry and the director that can play with nuances of their characters.

There may be plot holes, inconsistencies, an annoying multi-layered story, limited point of view, but I prefer them to a linear escapist story with lovey-dovey stuff, classical tropes and nothing more in between.

Exactly. I appreciate writers input. There are times that I actively seek their interpretation because not all writers express their piece. 

But bottomline is, how the story, drama or film spoke to you, touched you, moved you, influenced you. What is the personal message or revelation to you. It's not confined or limited to what the writer has stated. It depends upon the readers or viewers how they will take the story presented to them.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, PororoQueen said:

Yay episode 15 :heart:

OMG I don't want to think that the culprit is This curly guy?? Q looks alike character?

A chubby IT boy is the scariest person in the world. Even James Bond dreads rubbing up against it!

Apart from that, I saw this episode while eating the famous Korean meal I told you about earlier.
Soju is a really strong alcohol, I am seriously intoxicated after only one bottle. It's not unpleasant in terms of taste and I understand that it's successful in Korea. However, I find it a little disgusting, because it is not strong enough. I prefer wine or whiskey.

The ramyuns in soup were excellent. I felt like Soo-Bong by eating them directly from the pan, except I wasn't disturbed by a phone call from someone telling me about creepy manhwa problems.

As for Kimchi, I really loved it, and I will try to find some to eat regularly. I like dishes with hot sauce, but this time it was really something! It stings like hell. Enough to empty the whole bottle of soju just with that.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, wenchanteur said:

Damn-it! This episode was extremely narratively violent. I may have seen a scene or two that were not included in a flashback, but I can't say which ones. It's never been this crazy before. I'm certainly a masochist because I loved it!

"

Spoiler

Suddenly, I remembered that He-Ju could be waiting for me."
Dude, there's a woman who loves you and is waiting for you, and you think about it like that between two shots, and an extra dead ally?!!!!
Seriously, dude, do you think the heroine's not crying enough all along already?!

This episode was epic. The end surprised me, as it doesn't end with a significant cliffhanger.

Well, well, now I'll be able to read the last twenty pages you laid during the ridiculous six hours I was away....

Spoiler

God, I shouldn't read this, it makes me lose confidence in the artistic instinct of human beings!

Violent indeed. 

This is what i love about MoA. Just when you thought that things are supposed to get calm and mellow and dish answers, show is unstoppable. No rest for the weary souls of viewers. and i like that it stays true to its core, expect the unexpected. Unpredictable.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, wenchanteur said:

"Suddenly, I remembered that He-Ju could be waiting for me."

Hyun Bin acting is really something, his face when Zinu got hurt from the stabbing wounds, from all the wounds during the game. He's such a badass!! Thanks God JW is a Die-Hard person.

I still believe the writer will give us the answers of the outside viewers confusion - SeJoo might be the narrator this coming final episode. Actually I miss reading all chingus theory here.

28 minutes ago, rori0711 said:

Violent indeed. 

This is what i love about MoA. Just when you thought that things are supposed to get calm and mellow and dish answers, show is unstoppable. No rest for the weary souls of viewers. and i like that it stays true to its core, expect the unexpected. Unpredictable.

That is so true :wub:

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Finally brought myself to watch episode 15, and it wasn't as bad as I had been expecting. Professor Cha's final betrayal of JW doesn't come as a huge shock given how loathsome he has been during this drama, and it was a fitting end to him to be killed by the NPC version of HS while trying to talk his way out by futilely pleading family ties, i.e. getting revenge for HS on JW. That part just made me want to laugh. And, HS as an NPC won't feel any guilt over killing his own father.

So, the central mystery of the game is actually the master of the game, who is currently JW. I now understand why JW ran when he had the key in his heart and seeing that Emma was going to delete the bug and reset the game. JW took that to mean that Emma would delete the master of the game, meaning JW himself, and that was the way to reset the game and free it of the bug. However, JW was afraid of dying, but he was also afraid that his deletion would also affect Professor Cha. With Professor Cha's actions, however, JW is now free to only consider himself in his actions.

I even understand why JW didn't see HJ before going on to the cathedral to let Emma finish deleting the bug and resetting the game. Seeing HJ, the woman that he loves so much now, the only woman in his life who seems to have truly cared for him, would have made it even harder to say goodbye to her to do what he thinks he has to do, which is sacrifice his life so that the game's bug can be deleted. Not for the sake of the game itself actually, but because this is a game that reaches into real life, and so without the deletion and reset, who knows when the game will become active and murderous again. And, HJ herself might have begged JW not to do it, which would make it even harder on both of them. I suppose that I have to be satisfied that JW felt loved by HJ until the end, knowing that she was waiting for him, and that he left a symbol that he had returned to her, even though he left again because his task wasn't complete. That still makes me a bit teary-eyed.

Spoiler

Anyway, I suppose the big question for the finale is really whether JW himself as the master is the bug that has to be deleted in order for the game to reset without the bug. I'm hoping that the bug can be deleted, possibly with the deletion of Zinu without actually killing the real life JW himself.

Btw, it seems to me that this makes SJ rather cowardly since he could have finished the quest by letting Emma reset the game using himself as the master bug. However, SJ chose to go into the game dungeon instead and wait for someone else to become master, freeing himself from the master bug, but in turn endangering the new master. But that SJ didn't do this is one of the reasons that I'm hoping that JW won't die at Emma's hands in the finale. Since SJ hid in the dungeon because of NPC Marcos and then couldn't get out, rather than hiding because he didn't want to reset the game.

No more moaning about what this drama could have been, but wasn't. I'll just sit back and watch the finale. I hope the writer did not decide to sacrifice the hero to make this somewhat of an epic tragic tale. I also hope that she didn't decide that JW has to die, but Zinu can live on in the game or anything like that, because that would be really lame. I just want JW to be alive after the game resets so that he can finally be with the woman he loves.

same sentiments here. Jinwoo is now willing and ready to give his life.

And before somebody pulls their hair why Heejoo is crying again, Heejoo roughly has idea of what Jinwoo is doing. That's how intuitive and connected she is when it comes to Jinwoo. and i know Heejoo will move heaven and earth to save Jinwoo as she have shown previously but this is not her but Jinwoo's battle to end it once and for all. I'm just hoping against all odds that Jinwoo be spared of death, some sort of magic, to be alive and be with Heejoo. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, rori0711 said:

same sentiments here. Jinwoo is now willing and ready to give his life.

And before somebody pulls their hair why Heejoo is crying again, Heejoo roughly has idea of what Jinwoo is doing. That's how intuitive she is when it comes to Jinwoo. and i know Heejoo will move heaven and earth to save Jinwoo as she have shown previously but this is Jinwoo's battle to end it all. I'm just hoping against all odds that Jinwoo be spared of death, some sort of magic, to be alive and be with Heejoo. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

We shouldn't worry too much about JW's fate. There is certainly a way for HJ to sacrifice herself and die instead of JW.  :relieved:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 6

24 minutes ago, PororoQueen said:

Spoiler

Hyun Bin acting is really something, his face when Zinu got hurt from the stabbing wounds, from all the wounds during the game. He's such a badass!! Thanks God JW is a Die-Hard person.

I still believe the writer will give us the answers of the outside viewers confusion - SeJoo might be the narrator this coming final episode.

Actually I miss reading all chingus theory here.

Spoiler

That is so true :wub:

yeah, i missed the entertainment of reading yours and our fellow chingus wild predictions.  that was fun :joy:

17 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

We shouldn't worry too much about JW's fate. There is certainly a way for HJ to sacrifice herself and die instead of JW.  :relieved:

Yay! I want both alive and kicking :scream: That's my initial thought but i would be glad to be proven wrong :joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

You mean HeeJoo will log in again that morning to locate Zinu where about? They met again at the church and HJ has a face to face with Emma and then they fight?  :w00t:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Awww..i wanted Emma to be master villain. Not her being a bug exterminator or pest control :sweatingbullets:

Anyways...will this knetz comment happen? I wonder~

4. [+236,-15] After the game resets, Jin Woo will be the only one with those memories and they will go back to the past again. It will end with him pressing the bell and asking, "Is there a room available?" and smiling when he meets Park Shin Hye. It would be like ep 1's preview, Jin Woo's the only one smiling and Hee Joo looking puzzled

Source: melohwa

• Like 9
  • LOL 4

My last comment was on Page 179 and we are on page 189. I think I am already withdrawing from the drama. Also, I have already arranged for a box of tissues for the next episode. Just for the safe side. :D

Anyways, I guess we have been hinted about the last episode..it is a resetting on the cards. My question is, does removing the 'bug' literally means killing Jin Woo?? Where did that idea come from? Netflix version of translation said, Emma is removing the bug, resetting could not be completed. So, I had this feeling that it doesn't have to be a physical death. See, debugging means that a specific part of code is not working, hence only that part has to be changed or altered. Maybe by stabbing the 'bug' in the heart, Emma was only destroying the code that had gone wrong, and not murdering Jin Woo. Maybe, he loses his memory or like the game restarts; just like I keep on 'stabbing' the power button of my laptop when  it goes bonkers. And then viola..laptop comes back to life..haha.. :w00t: 

Anyways, I am not sure because game-logic has seldom been used in the drama. So yeah, maybe he just dies and they meet again in another life..re-incarnation. Magic! Boring and literally an abused plot in drama land..I will be so disappointed if they end up like that.

Also, we will not be getting many scenes of HJ-JW tomorrow. Even today I was like, hey Jin Woo dude..you took all the troubles of thinking about HeJu amidst a war scene, dying Professor, went all the way to shopping plaza, drove her car, stared at her window for straight 5 mins(IDK the drama time) and only to end up not pressing the bell button. Why..man? I think that scene was a stab in my heart..sigh! 

Am I positive about tomorrow? Yes. We will be getting HeJu and Jin Woo smiling at each other like that promotional poster, for sure. What I am not sure about is, in which context?

My bet is on the trump card/joker..Mr. SeJu. I think he still holds something in his hands. 

Emma turned out to be an evil richard simmons.:ph34r: And I became a fan of PSH at that moment. Zinu, I think you got stabbed because you tried to flirt with her. She didn't like you..sorry..try again in your next login.

Karma is also a richard simmons. It was only fair to see Prof. Cha's death in the hands of his own son. Poetic justice. Though I am not sure whether either of them was inherently bad or their circumstances led them to bad choices. Maybe, I didn't get enough backstory, hence I felt for both father-son. 

PS.  I realised that I didn't change my profile pic. I think it will be better to roam around as a depressed zombie in reaction to a sad ending tomorrow. That will be my way of protesting. Tissues!

• Like 7
  • LOL 4