[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, luna2nd said:

I might have to remember these scenarios to balance the angst of the upcoming episodes.  I wonder if the bulk of the remaining episodes are mostly of CY & BQ separated :(

I know.  I'm like eager for this week, but also dreading this week as well... also not ready to say good-bye.  I'm just going to keep thinking happy thoughts of BQ and CY.  What other scenarios can I come up with???

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I know.  I'm like eager for this week, but also dreading this week as well... also not ready to say good-bye.  I'm just going to keep thinking happy thoughts of BQ and CY.  What other scenarios can I come up with???

More happy scenarios please! I love all of them so far... I can imagine all the wonderful banters between CY and BQ. I'm torn like you... 

15 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

Someone from Story of Minglan explained that man at that time has 2 names, the first one is the one given when they were born. And the second one is the given when they become an adult ( at a certain age).

The “ming” (birth name) is usually used by the elders while the “zi” (adult name) is usually used by friends. I think MRF birth name is Yi San, and his adult name is MRF. Not sure about CY, I think CY might be his adult name. 

Thank you 4 the explanation. I was getting confused.

15 hours ago, nausicaay said:

Mo Ro Feis father namned him after buqis mother Xue fei. His mother hated it so she call him yi San 

i think Chang qins more a some kind of  title? Not sure. 

Thank you. For CY - Seems that Zhang Qing is used by his friends. For MRF -  only his mom, 7th prince calls him Yi San. No biggie, just wanted to understand why.

Late to the discussion group but wanted to thank everyone for your discussions/spoilers/interpretations. Fun reading them !

To @themarchionessAwesome job with the recaps - i look forward to them every week! :love:

Altho cannot wait to see the upcoming episodes - mixed feelings now that spoilers show a lot of characters are getting killed off. Sad to know that CY and BQ's close friends and family will not be around for happily after.. :confounded:

Interesting... I am many hours behind on this topic, but since episode 28, I was under the impression that the couple did sleep together. All the points that rationalized why the couple did not totally make sense to me, but I am gonna go with how that scene was laid out with the couple, clothing/bedding and stick to that it was suggested that they did seal their relationship that night. I do not have any other strong/concrete arguments, but that it just appears that way to me also based on how they interact very much like a married couple so quickly. Anyway, this is just my opinion...I could be in denial (lol).

7 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Interesting... I am many hours behind on this topic, but since episode 28, I was under the impression that the couple did sleep together. All the points that rationalized why the couple did not totally make sense to me, but I am gonna go with how that scene was laid out with the couple, clothing/bedding and stick to that it was suggested that they did seal their relationship that night. I do not have any other strong/concrete arguments, but that it just appears that way to me also based on how they interact very much like a married couple so quickly. Anyway, this is just my opinion...I could be in denial (lol).

@taeunfighting I agree with you.  Based on their reactions, it seems that they did and  because they had an understanding, it might be permissible. 

However, what I found hard to understand, is that with Chen Yu's status, that his dalliance with a woman who is from a merchant class would be acceptable.  I would have thought his marriage would have been arranged for quite some time so it was a bit of a shock to see him jump right into a romance like that.  I know, I know - its a fantasy romance.  Poor girl meets rich heir apparent and all that :lol:

I love all the scenarios you came up with @themarchioness! BQ and CY's married life would be so fun I can just imagine it. And I would totally read any fanfic you wrote hahaha. 

Preview time!

Spoiler

BQ and CY's third kiss, the morning after, and enjoying their time in the forest

http://t.cn/EfOQc5I?m=4343938372745399&u=6898522008

Probably the last sweet scenes we'll see for a while T.T

Spoiler

MRF and BQ meets for the first time after BQ gets poisoned

http://t.cn/Efjjnrz

7 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

I also think they did sleep together because they were in their undergarment. And also CY refers to HBQ as furen ever since that episode. I think they did it. 

All our guesses were right!

Spoiler

MRF is a female in a guy's disguise! Saw the explanation in a preview. But given how the actress portrays herself, I've become more comfortable thinking of MRF as a guy even though all the evidence since early episodes shows otherwise hahaha.

4 hours ago, vtxy said:

I love all the scenarios you came up with @themarchioness! BQ and CY's married life would be so fun I can just imagine it. And I would totally read any fanfic you wrote hahaha. 

NGL, it is tempting... but we'll see first how the remaining 8 episodes play out.  *bites fingers*

So excited for what's to come this week, but also so, so nervous.  Happy Bu Qi Day, my friends!  :D  

I'm soo behind on this forum, but that post on MRF is a girl disguised as a guy. WOW! 

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

NGL, it is tempting... but we'll see first how the remaining 8 episodes play out.  *bites fingers*

So excited for what's to come this week, but also so, so nervous.  Happy Bu Qi Day, my friends!  :D  

I know, I watching it raw now and cannot wait to see how it turns out. There's only couple episodes left and hope it's a happy ending and BinBin gets the girl this time in a drama, since he never does. :lol:

1 hour ago, vtxy said:

Reveal hidden contents

MRF is a female in a guy's disguise! Saw the explanation in a preview. But given how the actress portrays herself, I've become more comfortable thinking of MRF as a guy even though all the evidence since early episodes shows otherwise hahaha.

They took so long to get there I was beginning to think the earlier bit about no one being allowed into the room to treat him when injured was a red herring!  :P   I feel it is more awkward now too, haha!

2 hours ago, vtxy said:

Hide contents

I thought it was most obvious when she bought BQ a whole bunch of makeup and asked which one she liked most. She even explainined all the different shades, tints and scents to the blushes. However, seeing one of the evil twins (cant remember her name) develop a crush on MRF made me believe she was really a guy. I was fooled again :sweatingbullets:

^^for the love of Buddha, I can't wait to see how MRF's arc unfolds. I saw all the pics on IG n Xing En is looking hella elegant as a woman (more so than any of the women from Ming Yue Villa lol)! That being said, I couldn't unsee or forget that one preview with DFS stabbing MRF <_<

Thanks everyone who contributed to this thread sharing your views, recaps and links.  I have been silent readers all this time but could not help to join the discussion whether BQ and CY had done it .

In my opinion they did it.  1stly they clothes were at the side.  If they were just talking, there was no reason to remove their clothes. The undergarments were worn so that the kids can safely watch the scene and for the adults to imagine.  Even kissing scenes are kind of fast.  2ndly, when BQ said she was not virgin, Zen Shou and DFS were shocked but CY was smiling/choked coz he knew she had lost her virginity to him. After not meeting her for a very long time, what else could a prince been thinking when meeting the love of his life, the one he is planning to marry. Even if he has many concubines, it won't be the same as doing it with someone he loves. It is not like he is bounded by any religion ie to remain virgin until marriage.  Only for the part of BQ, as a girl she has a lot to loose but judging from her character she is the daring type and she trusts CY.

Here you go, guys, recaps for Episode 44! 

Spoiler

Yun Lang arrives at Mo Manor and finds that his cousin and aunt are not at home.  His aunt’s right hand man explains that his aunt has gone to the temple to pray and is expected home in a few days, while Mo Fei has traveled to Jiang Nan to conduct business.  (If he’s in Jiang Nan, I’m guessing his “business” is investigating whether Bu Qi is alive.)  The Pharmacy Siblings arrive shortly thereafter and Yun Lang explains the trouble his family is in with the horses sick and dying all around them.  He identifies the two ingredients that he needs and Dan Sha says she’ll go fetch them, but her brother drags her back and says they’re all out of the ingredients.  Dan Sha finds this odd, as she just wrote a prescription the day before using some of those ingredients, and her brother explains that he gave all remaining stock to some other family in town.  With such unfortunate luck, Yun Lang says he’ll go out to search the other pharmacies in the capitol to see if they have what he needs.

Although Dan Sha would’ve followed Yun Lang, her brother drags her back.  He explains that the Mysterious Man has sent word and they’re not to help anyone from the Fei Yun Bao family because he’s trying to work out a deal with them.  Dan Sha can hardly believe what she’s hearing and points out to her brother that if they don’t help Fei Yun Bao, they’re going to be ruined, but her brother doesn’t care – because he can’t afford to.  With him still unable to figure out how to get rid of the poison in himself and his sister, their lives are in the hands of the Mysterious Man and he’s more concerned about Dan Sha than he is about Yun Lang (or his family).  After all, he points out, it’s not like Yun Lang really wants to marry Dan Sha because he loves her.  He asks her to think about how far they’ve come – with the support from the Mo Family, they’ve been able to become the top pharmacy in the capitol – and after having just having climbed out from the hole they were in, he doesn’t want to die and he doesn’t want to see his sister die either.  Since Dan Sha just tells him to stop talking and tries to run away again, he conks her on the back of her head and ties her up in her room.  He apologizes to her prostrate body and promises he’ll one day find a better marriage partner for her. 

Around this time, Yun Lang is combing the capitol for the ingredients he needs and is met with apologies wherever he goes.  When he arrives back at Mo Manor, he runs into Dan Sha’s brother who asks him if he’s had any luck finding what he needs.  The answer is, of course, no.  He then looks around and asks after Dan Sha, as he has something he’d wanted to say to her.  Her brother says she also went into the capitol to help Yun Lang look for the ingredients, but it sounds like their paths didn’t cross.  He offers to pass on word for Yun Lang, and after thinking about it, the latter agrees.  Yun Lang apologizes and says he wants to break his engagement with Dan Sha.  With the difficulties his family is currently facing, he doesn’t want to drag her down.  The brother accepts the broken engagement and promises to tell Dan Sha.  Later, he visits her in her bedroom and finds it empty with pieces of a broken vase and the rope remnants lying on the floor.  Looks like someone has escaped!

Over at Fei Yun Bao, Daddy Yun Lang receives a visitor.  It’s the Mysterious Man who makes no secret of who he is or why he’s here.  He shows Daddy Yun Lang his seal from Cheng Wang and explains he’s there to work out an agreement with Fei Yun Bao.  Daddy Yun Lang is, of course, skeptical and wary of striking a deal with this person, not to mention, committing treason is a capital offense.  The Mysterious Man makes a lot of solid arguments, though, for why Fei Yun Bao should work with him.  For example, he points out they’re already screwed as, when it comes time for them to deliver horses to the Emperor, the Emperor’s not going to accept the excuse that all the horses got sick as a reason for them not being able to deliver.  He reminds Daddy Yun Lang of what happened the last time his horses fell ill, and that’s when Daddy Yun Lang realizes the Mysterious Man was behind the last epidemic as well as the current.  He agrees to consider the Mysterious Man’s offer and the Mysterious Man, in turn, gives him one day to think things over. 

As the Mysterious Man departs, another man runs up to Daddy Yun Lang to report that Yun Lang and Dan Sha have returned with medicine.  This news is overheard by the Mysterious Man and, as he retreats to his pavilion to wait, he chuckles and comments on how Dan Sha is able to give up her life for the love of another.  He tells his man to bring her to him.

Yun Lang and Dan Sha walk by a river.  He’s thanking her for her assistance in locating the medicinal ingredients that he needed and she responds that there’s no need for him to be so grateful and polite when, as his fiancée, of course she wants to help him.  At those words, Yun Lang shares with her the words he had already spoken to her brother.  Dan Sha won’t accept the broken engagement, however, as she knows he’s only doing this so she won’t be dragged down by his family’s troubles.  He reminds her to think of her brother, as staying with him could mean death one day, but Dan Sha doesn’t care.  No matter what, she wants to work with him, be with him, and help him.  As she hugs him, she thinks to herself that she won’t have very long to live anyway.

At this time, someone arrives to tell Yun Lang that his father would like to speak with him.  Dan Sha sends him off, which is perfect timing as someone has also come for her.  When she hears that the Mysterious Man wants to meet with her, she answers (in a very impressive and resolute voice for Dan Sha) that she also has something to discuss with him. 

Daddy Yun Lang is in his yurt drinking by the fire when Yun Lang runs in to share the update that he and Dan Sha were able to bring back the medicine they needed.  That, of course, is not what’s on Daddy Yun Lang’s mind as he starts to share the news concerning his earlier visitor.  Yun Lang is alarmed by what he hears and asks how his father can ever consider working with a traitor.  His father admits he didn’t make any promises to the Mysterious Man, but he didn’t reject him either.  After discussing all the reasons for working with the Mysterious Man and all the reasons against, Yun Lang (who is so pure-hearted you have to love him) remains resolute that this is not a person they should work with.  He tells his father that he’s going to find out where the Mysterious Man is and report him to the local guardsmen. 

While Yun Lang is meeting with his father, Dan Sha is meeting with the Mysterious Man.  He comments that she’s got quite the guts and asks if she isn’t afraid of dying.  She’s not.  Dan Sha says she’s long prepared herself for that eventuality, but she admits that her brother’s different.  He is afraid of dying and she makes sure the Mysterious Man that the decision to help Fei Yun Bao was her, not her brother, and that her brother had tried to follow the edict from the Mysterious Man.  She then asks him not to kill her brother, as he is still useful to him.  The Mysterious Man compliments on her devotion as a sister, but asks if she realizes her actions will harm the one she loves.  She doesn’t believe him and that’s when the Mysterious Man explains to her (much like how he explained to Daddy Yun Lang) how Fei Yun Bao is basically at the point where they need to cooperate with him, as they’re going to lose the Emperor’s regard even if they choose to side with him.  It’s at this time that Yun Lang arrives with the guardsmen.  He’s surprised to find Dan Sha there, but he’s probably even more surprised when he sends the guardsmen to capture the Mysterious Men and the guardsmen turn against him instead.  It looks like the Mysterious Man had already reached out to the guardsmen and gotten them on his side.  Oops.  Dan Sha pleads on Yun Lang’s behalf by reminding the Mysterious Man that he’s still hoping to work out an agreement with Fei Yun Bao and, at that, he lets the both of them go.  But he only gives them half a day now to think things through and encourages Dan Sha to persuade Yun Lang over to his side.  He promises her that if Yun Lang agrees to work with him, he won’t mistreat him in the same way that he’s never mistreated her or her brother.  It’s at this moment that Yun Lang realizes she’s long been the Mysterious Man’s spy. 

Once by themselves, Dan Sha explains to Yun Lang how she and her brother came to work for the Mysterious Man.  Yun Lang is not inclined to believe her as, he doesn’t find her excuse sufficient.  He says that if someone had killed his father, he’d seek revenge no matter what, and not work with the person who killed his father.  Dan Sha complains that that’s what she’s been trying to do and, in fact, when she’d meet with the Mysterious Man that afternoon, it had been her intention to kill him.  She reveals the hidden arrow shooter under her wrist and tells him that it was all because of Yun Lang’s unexpected arrival that her plans were foiled.  She then tells Yun Lang that she’ll go find the Mysterious Man and kill him in order to prove her innocence, but Yun Lang drags her back now believing everything she says. 

In the end, Fei Yun Bao agrees to work with the Mysterious Man, but part of their condition is that Yun Lang is allowed to become a military officer for the Mysterious Man.  (I’m going to guess he plans to revolt from within.)  The Mysterious Man agrees to let him into his army, although he says it’s up to Yun Lang to climb up the ranks.  He also promises property to Daddy Yun Lang so long as everything goes smoothly.  After they work out these details, Yun Lang steps forward with one more condition which he says will cancel out all the agreements they’ve just worked out, if he does not agree to it.  He asks the Mysterious Man to remove the poison from Dan Sha and her brother.  The Mysterious Man comments on their affection and then says, sure.  So long as they deliver the horses to their agreed upon place, he’ll treat the Pharmacy siblings. 

After everyone leaves the yurt, Daddy Yun Lang passes on a note to be delivered to his sister.  It arrives at Mo Manor where we see Mo Fei’s mother read it.  It basically advises her that Fei Yun Bao has agreed to work against the Emperor and, given the close ties between the families, it’s unavoidable that Mo Manor will be dragged in as well.  He instructs her to turn all of the property owned by the Mo Family into ready cash and come to him at Fei Yun Bao.  After reading the letter, she tells her right hand man to do as instructed and send someone to Jiang Nan to call Mo Fei back.

Somewhere in a pretty forest with birds chirping around them, BQ and CY are living in a pretty wooden cabin.  CY opens a box and reveals the Biluotian sphere to BQ.  She puts her hand over it and they’re both startled to see it respond – I find CY’s reaction in this scene particularly interesting and well-acted.  It’s subtle, but you can see how uncomfortable and not happy he is with the ball’s recognition of BQ.  BQ, for her own part, finds it all fascinating.  She can’t believe she really is the priestess.  CY closes the box and hides it away along with the map and Ah Fu’s and his sister’s ashes.  He tells BQ that when the time comes, he’ll send all those things back to Biluotian and seal them inside so that they’ll remain there forever. 

That business concluded, BQ asks him how long they’re going to stay at their current place.  He answers that he doesn’t know either.  It may be half a year, ten years, or maybe forever.  He asks her if she likes their new home and she does.  She doesn’t think she’ll ever be bored there.  When CY hears that, he says they need to find something to do pass their time and offers to teach her how to recite ancient poetry every day.  LOL.  You can imagine how well that suggestion goes over with BQ.  She asks if he’s nitpicking over her not being able to recite poetry because he feels she’s uneducated, and he just responds by grabbing her close and asking why she likes to have such crazy thoughts these days.  He then tells her that’s okay.  If she doesn’t like that idea then he’ll take her every day to go fishing and catching wild game.  This, of course, is met with good cheer.  In fact, not only is BQ excited by the thought, she tells CY that with her experience and background, it’ll be her that’s leading him around the forest since she’s the expert at foraging for food.  Oh these two, they are so cute!

BQ asks when her grandfather’s going to arrive and reminisces over the first meal she ever cooked for him, which was also out in the wild.  She’s excited by the thought of being able to replicate such a meal for him once her grandfather joins them.  CY tells her not to worry because he’s received word that her grandfather is almost to their destination.  (Which pretty much means that we should be worried.  Very worried.)  BQ is glad to hear this and starts going on about all the things her grandfather likes to eat and drink.  When CY hears that her grandfather also likes to drink tea made with the morning’s dew, he suggests that she go out with Xiao Liu to gather some morning dew and make him the same tea.

What follows is a hilarious sequence of BQ walking around the forest with Xiao Liu by her side as she knocks of dew from tree/bush leaves into a cup.  You can imagine how much effort this must take just to brew one cup of tea.  For her own part, BQ doesn’t really get it.  She once heard someone talk about the science behind evaporation and rain and, as far as she’s concerned, although her grandfather and CY think they’re being refined by drinking tea made with something as pretty-sounding as “morning’s dew,” she thinks it’s all dirty water.  Haha.  Unbeknownst to her, CY is following them in the forest and I think he’s just yanking her chain by sending her out there.  At one point Xiao Liu spots him, but he holds up his finger to make sure his man keeps silent.  It’s at that point that Xiao Liu suggests to BQ that they make a bet.  There’s nothing BQ loves more than a bet and so she puts her hands on her waist to better listen and ask him what they’re going to bet on – this action, of course, has the cup tipping over and so she loses all the water (which wasn’t very much!) that she just spent the entire morning gathering.  As Xiao Liu freaks out about the lost water, she’s like, “Whatever, the bet’s more important.”  They basically bet on whether CY will be able to distinguish between the tea that he’s served versus what he thinks he’s being served.  BQ thinks this tea business is all hogwash and that he’ll drink whatever he’s given.  If she’s right, Xiao Liu promises to climb the mountain and catch wild game for her every day.  Xiao Liu has more faith in his master’s refined tastes and, if he wins, BQ must go out every morning to fetch mornings’ dew for CY.  CY, of course, overhears everything.  In fact, after they conclude their bet, CY sends Xiao Liu away and steps in to take his place.  BQ’s so focused on gathering flowers to make her tea to trick CY that she doesn’t even realize the men have swapped places – nor does she realize when she steps on CY’s feet.  His reaction is hilarious.

That night, CY is served his tea and of course he pretends that the tea BQ serves is exactly what he’d asked for.  This means Xiao Liu loses the bet.  BQ tells him to hurry up the mountain to fetch her wild game for her and Xiao Liu, knowing that he’s been wronged, calls upon CY for assistance, but CY just tells him that if he promised to fetch wild game for BQ, he should hurry up and go do it.  As Xiao Liu walks out, he mutters that he just knew his master would take BQ’s side.  Awww, man, I really hope he lives through the end too because I need this dynamic to remain intact forever! 

After Xiao Liu leaves, CY calls BQ over to sit on his lap.  He then tells her to stop picking on Xiao Liu.  She denies picking on Xiao Liu and says he just made a bet and lost.  CY tells her, “Did you think he didn’t know?”  He then reveals that he knows the tea she served wasn’t the right one and with his taste buds, she’ll never be able to pull one over him.  BQ ends up offering to make him new tea, but he tells her not to worry as he’s never been big on tea anyway.  This makes her happy to hear as she’s never been big on tea either.  She suggests that they instead have a night of drinking, as ever since they’ve been together, they’ve never had the opportunity to have a good drink between the two of them.  CY agrees and BQ happily belts out that they’re going to drink the night away!

The next scene is the one that we have alllll seen in previews.  J J J  CY is lying on his side with BQ leaning up against his knee.  He plays with her ear and she takes a sip from her cup.  She then offers it to CY and after he sips, he takes the cup to set it aside.  BQ then reaches out to run her finger along his mouth and chin.  As her hand starts to travel lower, he catches it against her chest and then flips her over.  He says, “You should know, you’re playing with fire right now.”  She nods her ascent and then they kiss.  Which is followed by a fade-out – that ever dreaded drama fade-out, LOL.

The next morning CY takes a bowl of soup to BQ, who is completely slumped over in bed.  He laughs when he sees her and then sets the bowl down before kissing her on the forehead.  Then he tells her to wake her sleepy head up.  As BQ mumbles and grumbles, begging to be allowed to sleep a little bit more, he asks her how she could say they were going to get drunk and then actually get drunk.  She tells him it’s because she was happy.  As CY offers her the hangover soup that Xiao Liu made, she sits up and says, “Feed me.”  CY laughs and the says, “Yes, Chen Furen.”  Awwwww.  After he feeds her one bite, she shakes her head, as if to shake herself awake, but this sends her ponytail into disarray and then CY puts her strands of hair back into place.  (THESE TWO NEED TO STOP KILLING ME WITH THEIR CUTENESS.)  She comments that she’s finally able to live peacefully with him.  (Which is like the drama’s sledgehand reminder to us that for this moment of enjoyment that we are getting between the two of them right now, we are soon going to be in for some chaotic and dangerous times.  Sigh.)  CY hugs her and promises that when all their business is done, they’ll live there.  He also adds that she knows she gets bored easily and likes to play.  He promises, in the future, to spend every day playing with her.  She says that they should go right now and then immediately hops up in bed to run out of the room and get ready.

The next scene we get is the two of them running around the forest.  CY asks her if they can ask some plant and she tells him of course they can.  She teases him at one point by pointing out a plant and telling him that it’s edible.  He puts it in his mouth and starts to chew, and then she laughs and tells him it’s only edible after it’s been cooked.  She then identifies a leafy vegetable and says they should pick more of it to eat.  CY goes off to find more of the same and returns proudly with a bunch of leafy greens that BQ says are flowers.  They’re also obviously different than the vegetable she’s holding in her hand, but CY just looks at them and says he can’t tell the difference.  He’s so lucky to have her by his side.  He would starve. 

While they’re playing in the forest, BQ’s grandfather is making his way to them.  He and CY’s men make a stopover one night.  One of the men apologizes for the conditions of where they’re staying, but the grandfather isn’t the least bit bothered.  It’s he who feels bad for them having to travel with someone as old as him.  The man bids the grandfather good-night and he tells the men to make sure they take shifts so that everyone gets a little bit of rest.  Of course no sooner does he finish that thought that darts start flying in through the window.  Several of CY’s men are killed and a smoke bomb is thrown into the room, causing BQ’s grandfather to pass out.  When the attackers drag him out of the inn room, they’re met at the door by His Traitorness, BJF.

Mr. Traitor Traitor Pants appears before the Emperor.  QW is also there bedecked in royal finery and she’s giving the Emperor a shoulder massage.  Puke.  She compliments BJF on his devotion towards the emperor as evidenced by the speed at which he captured BQ’s grandfather.  BJF thanks “Niang Niang” for her compliments and says he was just doing as instructed.  UGH.  (“Niang Niang” = royal concubine.  So much for my hope that maybe, just maybe, the Emperor might have a brain and not just think with his one body part.)  The emperor also adds his compliments and QW reminds him that he should reward BJF for his efforts.  This emperor gives the decree that BJF will receive a lot of gold and BJF drops to his knees in thanks to both the emperor and Niang Niang (UGH).  After a while, QW takes her leave and the men remain to discuss business.  The emperor comments that with the grandfather captured, he’s going to wait to see how things play out.  If BQ is filial, she’ll no doubt to rush to see her grandfather, and if CY’s alive, he’ll no doubt come too.  The emperor’s goal is to catch them all in one fell swoop. 

Back in the cabin, CY is reading a book while BQ is fashioning a crown out of flowers.  He smiles watching her work, but he’s not smiling when she finishes and places it atop of his head.  She says that with his good looks, she bets he would look really pretty as a girl and asks him if he wants to try.  He tells her to hurry up and take it off as it looks ugly, but she thinks it looks great.  He pinches her cheek and then they start giggling like fools at each other.  It’s at this moment that Xiao Liu calls for him from outside.  BQ complains that Xiao Liu has come to pester him again and CY’s like, “Really?  Are you going to be jealous of Xiao Liu now too?”  Hahaha.  He then tells her that he’ll go see what Xiao Liu wants first and then he’ll take her to go fishing.  BQ says that sounds great and starts thinking about how’s she’s going to prepare the fish they catch for dinner that night. 

Outside, Xiao Liu informs CY that BQ’s grandfather has been captured by BJF.  With a glance at the cabin behind him with BQ inside and a sigh, CY says he has no choice but to make a trip to the capitol.  He wants to keep it a secret from BQ though, so he tells Xiao Liu that he’ll make up some excuse to explain to her why he needs to be away for a few days and instructs him to stay behind to watch over her.  In the next scene, we see CY riding hard down a winding road.  He meets up with Commander Han as they discuss plans to rescue the grandfather.  Commander Han wonders if it’s worth CY exposing himself just to save this one person, and CY responds that he’s BQ’s closest relative. 

The next day, CY, Commander Han, and their man successfully infiltrate the prison and rescue BQ’s grandfather from his prison cell.  But, on their way out, BJF arrives with his men.  He then calls for the prison gates to be lowered and in doing so, he effectively traps BQ’s grandfather, CY, and all the men CY has brought with him, in between those two gates.  CRAAAAAAP.

Now I have to go watch the next episode, and I’m not getting a good feeling about this!

34 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Here you go, guys, recaps for Episode 44! 

Hide contents

Yun Lang arrives at Mo Manor and finds that his cousin and aunt are not at home.  His aunt’s right hand man explains that his aunt has gone to the temple to pray and is expected home in a few days, while Mo Fei has traveled to Jiang Nan to conduct business.  (If he’s in Jiang Nan, I’m guessing his “business” is investigating whether Bu Qi is alive.)  The Pharmacy Siblings arrive shortly thereafter and Yun Lang explains the trouble his family is in with the horses sick and dying all around them.  He identifies the two ingredients that he needs and Dan Sha says she’ll go fetch them, but her brother drags her back and says they’re all out of the ingredients.  Dan Sha finds this odd, as she just wrote a prescription the day before using some of those ingredients, and her brother explains that he gave all remaining stock to some other family in town.  With such unfortunate luck, Yun Lang says he’ll go out to search the other pharmacies in the capitol to see if they have what he needs.

Although Dan Sha would’ve followed Yun Lang, her brother drags her back.  He explains that the Mysterious Man has sent word and they’re not to help anyone from the Fei Yun Bao family because he’s trying to work out a deal with them.  Dan Sha can hardly believe what she’s hearing and points out to her brother that if they don’t help Fei Yun Bao, they’re going to be ruined, but her brother doesn’t care – because he can’t afford to.  With him still unable to figure out how to get rid of the poison in himself and his sister, their lives are in the hands of the Mysterious Man and he’s more concerned about Dan Sha than he is about Yun Lang (or his family).  After all, he points out, it’s not like Yun Lang really wants to marry Dan Sha because he loves her.  He asks her to think about how far they’ve come – with the support from the Mo Family, they’ve been able to become the top pharmacy in the capitol – and after having just having climbed out from the hole they were in, he doesn’t want to die and he doesn’t want to see his sister die either.  Since Dan Sha just tells him to stop talking and tries to run away again, he conks her on the back of her head and ties her up in her room.  He apologizes to her prostrate body and promises he’ll one day find a better marriage partner for her. 

Around this time, Yun Lang is combing the capitol for the ingredients he needs and is met with apologies wherever he goes.  When he arrives back at Mo Manor, he runs into Dan Sha’s brother who asks him if he’s had any luck finding what he needs.  The answer is, of course, no.  He then looks around and asks after Dan Sha, as he has something he’d wanted to say to her.  Her brother says she also went into the capitol to help Yun Lang look for the ingredients, but it sounds like their paths didn’t cross.  He offers to pass on word for Yun Lang, and after thinking about it, the latter agrees.  Yun Lang apologizes and says he wants to break his engagement with Dan Sha.  With the difficulties his family is currently facing, he doesn’t want to drag her down.  The brother accepts the broken engagement and promises to tell Dan Sha.  Later, he visits her in her bedroom and finds it empty with pieces of a broken vase and the rope remnants lying on the floor.  Looks like someone has escaped!

Over at Fei Yun Bao, Daddy Yun Lang receives a visitor.  It’s the Mysterious Man who makes no secret of who he is or why he’s here.  He shows Daddy Yun Lang his seal from Cheng Wang and explains he’s there to work out an agreement with Fei Yun Bao.  Daddy Yun Lang is, of course, skeptical and wary of striking a deal with this person, not to mention, committing treason is a capital offense.  The Mysterious Man makes a lot of solid arguments, though, for why Fei Yun Bao should work with him.  For example, he points out they’re already screwed as, when it comes time for them to deliver horses to the Emperor, the Emperor’s not going to accept the excuse that all the horses got sick as a reason for them not being able to deliver.  He reminds Daddy Yun Lang of what happened the last time his horses fell ill, and that’s when Daddy Yun Lang realizes the Mysterious Man was behind the last epidemic as well as the current.  He agrees to consider the Mysterious Man’s offer and the Mysterious Man, in turn, gives him one day to think things over. 

As the Mysterious Man departs, another man runs up to Daddy Yun Lang to report that Yun Lang and Dan Sha have returned with medicine.  This news is overheard by the Mysterious Man and, as he retreats to his pavilion to wait, he chuckles and comments on how Dan Sha is able to give up her life for the love of another.  He tells his man to bring her to him.

Yun Lang and Dan Sha walk by a river.  He’s thanking her for her assistance in locating the medicinal ingredients that he needed and she responds that there’s no need for him to be so grateful and polite when, as his fiancée, of course she wants to help him.  At those words, Yun Lang shares with her the words he had already spoken to her brother.  Dan Sha won’t accept the broken engagement, however, as she knows he’s only doing this so she won’t be dragged down by his family’s troubles.  He reminds her to think of her brother, as staying with him could mean death one day, but Dan Sha doesn’t care.  No matter what, she wants to work with him, be with him, and help him.  As she hugs him, she thinks to herself that she won’t have very long to live anyway.

At this time, someone arrives to tell Yun Lang that his father would like to speak with him.  Dan Sha sends him off, which is perfect timing as someone has also come for her.  When she hears that the Mysterious Man wants to meet with her, she answers (in a very impressive and resolute voice for Dan Sha) that she also has something to discuss with him. 

Daddy Yun Lang is in his yurt drinking by the fire when Yun Lang runs in to share the update that he and Dan Sha were able to bring back the medicine they needed.  That, of course, is not what’s on Daddy Yun Lang’s mind as he starts to share the news concerning his earlier visitor.  Yun Lang is alarmed by what he hears and asks how his father can ever consider working with a traitor.  His father admits he didn’t make any promises to the Mysterious Man, but he didn’t reject him either.  After discussing all the reasons for working with the Mysterious Man and all the reasons against, Yun Lang (who is so pure-hearted you have to love him) remains resolute that this is not a person they should work with.  He tells his father that he’s going to find out where the Mysterious Man is and report him to the local guardsmen. 

While Yun Lang is meeting with his father, Dan Sha is meeting with the Mysterious Man.  He comments that she’s got quite the guts and asks if she isn’t afraid of dying.  She’s not.  Dan Sha says she’s long prepared herself for that eventuality, but she admits that her brother’s different.  He is afraid of dying and she makes sure the Mysterious Man that the decision to help Fei Yun Bao was her, not her brother, and that her brother had tried to follow the edict from the Mysterious Man.  She then asks him not to kill her brother, as he is still useful to him.  The Mysterious Man compliments on her devotion as a sister, but asks if she realizes her actions will harm the one she loves.  She doesn’t believe him and that’s when the Mysterious Man explains to her (much like how he explained to Daddy Yun Lang) how Fei Yun Bao is basically at the point where they need to cooperate with him, as they’re going to lose the Emperor’s regard even if they choose to side with him.  It’s at this time that Yun Lang arrives with the guardsmen.  He’s surprised to find Dan Sha there, but he’s probably even more surprised when he sends the guardsmen to capture the Mysterious Men and the guardsmen turn against him instead.  It looks like the Mysterious Man had already reached out to the guardsmen and gotten them on his side.  Oops.  Dan Sha pleads on Yun Lang’s behalf by reminding the Mysterious Man that he’s still hoping to work out an agreement with Fei Yun Bao and, at that, he lets the both of them go.  But he only gives them half a day now to think things through and encourages Dan Sha to persuade Yun Lang over to his side.  He promises her that if Yun Lang agrees to work with him, he won’t mistreat him in the same way that he’s never mistreated her or her brother.  It’s at this moment that Yun Lang realizes she’s long been the Mysterious Man’s spy. 

Once by themselves, Dan Sha explains to Yun Lang how she and her brother came to work for the Mysterious Man.  Yun Lang is not inclined to believe her as, he doesn’t find her excuse sufficient.  He says that if someone had killed his father, he’d seek revenge no matter what, and not work with the person who killed his father.  Dan Sha complains that that’s what she’s been trying to do and, in fact, when she’d meet with the Mysterious Man that afternoon, it had been her intention to kill him.  She reveals the hidden arrow shooter under her wrist and tells him that it was all because of Yun Lang’s unexpected arrival that her plans were foiled.  She then tells Yun Lang that she’ll go find the Mysterious Man and kill him in order to prove her innocence, but Yun Lang drags her back now believing everything she says. 

In the end, Fei Yun Bao agrees to work with the Mysterious Man, but part of their condition is that Yun Lang is allowed to become a military officer for the Mysterious Man.  (I’m going to guess he plans to revolt from within.)  The Mysterious Man agrees to let him into his army, although he says it’s up to Yun Lang to climb up the ranks.  He also promises property to Daddy Yun Lang so long as everything goes smoothly.  After they work out these details, Yun Lang steps forward with one more condition which he says will cancel out all the agreements they’ve just worked out, if he does not agree to it.  He asks the Mysterious Man to remove the poison from Dan Sha and her brother.  The Mysterious Man comments on their affection and then says, sure.  So long as they deliver the horses to their agreed upon place, he’ll treat the Pharmacy siblings. 

After everyone leaves the yurt, Daddy Yun Lang passes on a note to be delivered to his sister.  It arrives at Mo Manor where we see Mo Fei’s mother read it.  It basically advises her that Fei Yun Bao has agreed to work against the Emperor and, given the close ties between the families, it’s unavoidable that Mo Manor will be dragged in as well.  He instructs her to turn all of the property owned by the Mo Family into ready cash and come to him at Fei Yun Bao.  After reading the letter, she tells her right hand man to do as instructed and send someone to Jiang Nan to call Mo Fei back.

Somewhere in a pretty forest with birds chirping around them, BQ and CY are living in a pretty wooden cabin.  CY opens a box and reveals the Biluotian sphere to BQ.  She puts her hand over it and they’re both startled to see it respond – I find CY’s reaction in this scene particularly interesting and well-acted.  It’s subtle, but you can see how uncomfortable and not happy he is with the ball’s recognition of BQ.  BQ, for her own part, finds it all fascinating.  She can’t believe she really is the priestess.  CY closes the box and hides it away along with the map and Ah Fu’s and his sister’s ashes.  He tells BQ that when the time comes, he’ll send all those things back to Biluotian and seal them inside so that they’ll remain there forever. 

That business concluded, BQ asks him how long they’re going to stay at their current place.  He answers that he doesn’t know either.  It may be half a year, ten years, or maybe forever.  He asks her if she likes their new home and she does.  She doesn’t think she’ll ever be bored there.  When CY hears that, he says they need to find something to do pass their time and offers to teach her how to recite ancient poetry every day.  LOL.  You can imagine how well that suggestion goes over with BQ.  She asks if he’s nitpicking over her not being able to recite poetry because he feels she’s uneducated, and he just responds by grabbing her close and asking why she likes to have such crazy thoughts these days.  He then tells her that’s okay.  If she doesn’t like that idea then he’ll take her every day to go fishing and catching wild game.  This, of course, is met with good cheer.  In fact, not only is BQ excited by the thought, she tells CY that with her experience and background, it’ll be her that’s leading him around the forest since she’s the expert at foraging for food.  Oh these two, they are so cute!

BQ asks when her grandfather’s going to arrive and reminisces over the first meal she ever cooked for him, which was also out in the wild.  She’s excited by the thought of being able to replicate such a meal for him once her grandfather joins them.  CY tells her not to worry because he’s received word that her grandfather is almost to their destination.  (Which pretty much means that we should be worried.  Very worried.)  BQ is glad to hear this and starts going on about all the things her grandfather likes to eat and drink.  When CY hears that her grandfather also likes to drink tea made with the morning’s dew, he suggests that she go out with Xiao Liu to gather some morning dew and make him the same tea.

What follows is a hilarious sequence of BQ walking around the forest with Xiao Liu by her side as she knocks of dew from tree/bush leaves into a cup.  You can imagine how much effort this must take just to brew one cup of tea.  For her own part, BQ doesn’t really get it.  She once heard someone talk about the science behind evaporation and rain and, as far as she’s concerned, although her grandfather and CY think they’re being refined by drinking tea made with something as pretty-sounding as “morning’s dew,” she thinks it’s all dirty water.  Haha.  Unbeknownst to her, CY is following them in the forest and I think he’s just yanking her chain by sending her out there.  At one point Xiao Liu spots him, but he holds up his finger to make sure his man keeps silent.  It’s at that point that Xiao Liu suggests to BQ that they make a bet.  There’s nothing BQ loves more than a bet and so she puts her hands on her waist to better listen and ask him what they’re going to bet on – this action, of course, has the cup tipping over and so she loses all the water (which wasn’t very much!) that she just spent the entire morning gathering.  As Xiao Liu freaks out about the lost water, she’s like, “Whatever, the bet’s more important.”  They basically bet on whether CY will be able to distinguish between the tea that he’s served versus what he thinks he’s being served.  BQ thinks this tea business is all hogwash and that he’ll drink whatever he’s given.  If she’s right, Xiao Liu promises to climb the mountain and catch wild game for her every day.  Xiao Liu has more faith in his master’s refined tastes and, if he wins, BQ must go out every morning to fetch mornings’ dew for CY.  CY, of course, overhears everything.  In fact, after they conclude their bet, CY sends Xiao Liu away and steps in to take his place.  BQ’s so focused on gathering flowers to make her tea to trick CY that she doesn’t even realize the men have swapped places – nor does she realize when she steps on CY’s feet.  His reaction is hilarious.

That night, CY is served his tea and of course he pretends that the tea BQ serves is exactly what he’d asked for.  This means Xiao Liu loses the bet.  BQ tells him to hurry up the mountain to fetch her wild game for her and Xiao Liu, knowing that he’s been wronged, calls upon CY for assistance, but CY just tells him that if he promised to fetch wild game for BQ, he should hurry up and go do it.  As Xiao Liu walks out, he mutters that he just knew his master would take BQ’s side.  Awww, man, I really hope he lives through the end too because I need this dynamic to remain intact forever! 

After Xiao Liu leaves, CY calls BQ over to sit on his lap.  He then tells her to stop picking on Xiao Liu.  She denies picking on Xiao Liu and says he just made a bet and lost.  CY tells her, “Did you think he didn’t know?”  He then reveals that he knows the tea she served wasn’t the right one and with his taste buds, she’ll never be able to pull one over him.  BQ ends up offering to make him new tea, but he tells her not to worry as he’s never been big on tea anyway.  This makes her happy to hear as she’s never been big on tea either.  She suggests that they instead have a night of drinking, as ever since they’ve been together, they’ve never had the opportunity to have a good drink between the two of them.  CY agrees and BQ happily belts out that they’re going to drink the night away!

The next scene is the one that we have alllll seen in previews.  J J J  CY is lying on his side with BQ leaning up against his knee.  He plays with her ear and she takes a sip from her cup.  She then offers it to CY and after he sips, he takes the cup to set it aside.  BQ then reaches out to run her finger along his mouth and chin.  As her hand starts to travel lower, he catches it against her chest and then flips her over.  He says, “You should know, you’re playing with fire right now.”  She nods her ascent and then they kiss.  Which is followed by a fade-out – that ever dreaded drama fade-out, LOL.

The next morning CY takes a bowl of soup to BQ, who is completely slumped over in bed.  He laughs when he sees her and then sets the bowl down before kissing her on the forehead.  Then he tells her to wake her sleepy head up.  As BQ mumbles and grumbles, begging to be allowed to sleep a little bit more, he asks her how she could say they were going to get drunk and then actually get drunk.  She tells him it’s because she was happy.  As CY offers her the hangover soup that Xiao Liu made, she sits up and says, “Feed me.”  CY laughs and the says, “Yes, Chen Furen.”  Awwwww.  After he feeds her one bite, she shakes her head, as if to shake herself awake, but this sends her ponytail into disarray and then CY puts her strands of hair back into place.  (THESE TWO NEED TO STOP KILLING ME WITH THEIR CUTENESS.)  She comments that she’s finally able to live peacefully with him.  (Which is like the drama’s sledgehand reminder to us that for this moment of enjoyment that we are getting between the two of them right now, we are soon going to be in for some chaotic and dangerous times.  Sigh.)  CY hugs her and promises that when all their business is done, they’ll live there.  He also adds that she knows she gets bored easily and likes to play.  He promises, in the future, to spend every day playing with her.  She says that they should go right now and then immediately hops up in bed to run out of the room and get ready.

The next scene we get is the two of them running around the forest.  CY asks her if they can ask some plant and she tells him of course they can.  She teases him at one point by pointing out a plant and telling him that it’s edible.  He puts it in his mouth and starts to chew, and then she laughs and tells him it’s only edible after it’s been cooked.  She then identifies a leafy vegetable and says they should pick more of it to eat.  CY goes off to find more of the same and returns proudly with a bunch of leafy greens that BQ says are flowers.  They’re also obviously different than the vegetable she’s holding in her hand, but CY just looks at them and says he can’t tell the difference.  He’s so lucky to have her by his side.  He would starve. 

While they’re playing in the forest, BQ’s grandfather is making his way to them.  He and CY’s men make a stopover one night.  One of the men apologizes for the conditions of where they’re staying, but the grandfather isn’t the least bit bothered.  It’s he who feels bad for them having to travel with someone as old as him.  The man bids the grandfather good-night and he tells the men to make sure they take shifts so that everyone gets a little bit of rest.  Of course no sooner does he finish that thought that darts start flying in through the window.  Several of CY’s men are killed and a smoke bomb is thrown into the room, causing BQ’s grandfather to pass out.  When the attackers drag him out of the inn room, they’re met at the door by His Traitorness, BJF.

Mr. Traitor Traitor Pants appears before the Emperor.  QW is also there bedecked in royal finery and she’s giving the Emperor a shoulder massage.  Puke.  She compliments BJF on his devotion towards the emperor as evidenced by the speed at which he captured BQ’s grandfather.  BJF thanks “Niang Niang” for her compliments and says he was just doing as instructed.  UGH.  (“Niang Niang” = royal concubine.  So much for my hope that maybe, just maybe, the Emperor might have a brain and not just think with his one body part.)  The emperor also adds his compliments and QW reminds him that he should reward BJF for his efforts.  This emperor gives the decree that BJF will receive a lot of gold and BJF drops to his knees in thanks to both the emperor and Niang Niang (UGH).  After a while, QW takes her leave and the men remain to discuss business.  The emperor comments that with the grandfather captured, he’s going to wait to see how things play out.  If BQ is filial, she’ll no doubt to rush to see her grandfather, and if CY’s alive, he’ll no doubt come too.  The emperor’s goal is to catch them all in one fell swoop. 

Back in the cabin, CY is reading a book while BQ is fashioning a crown out of flowers.  He smiles watching her work, but he’s not smiling when she finishes and places it atop of his head.  She says that with his good looks, she bets he would look really pretty as a girl and asks him if he wants to try.  He tells her to hurry up and take it off as it looks ugly, but she thinks it looks great.  He pinches her cheek and then they start giggling like fools at each other.  It’s at this moment that Xiao Liu calls for him from outside.  BQ complains that Xiao Liu has come to pester him again and CY’s like, “Really?  Are you going to be jealous of Xiao Liu now too?”  Hahaha.  He then tells her that he’ll go see what Xiao Liu wants first and then he’ll take her to go fishing.  BQ says that sounds great and starts thinking about how’s she’s going to prepare the fish they catch for dinner that night. 

Outside, Xiao Liu informs CY that BQ’s grandfather has been captured by BJF.  With a glance at the cabin behind him with BQ inside and a sigh, CY says he has no choice but to make a trip to the capitol.  He wants to keep it a secret from BQ though, so he tells Xiao Liu that he’ll make up some excuse to explain to her why he needs to be away for a few days and instructs him to stay behind to watch over her.  In the next scene, we see CY riding hard down a winding road.  He meets up with Commander Han as they discuss plans to rescue the grandfather.  Commander Han wonders if it’s worth CY exposing himself just to save this one person, and CY responds that he’s BQ’s closest relative. 

The next day, CY, Commander Han, and their man successfully infiltrate the prison and rescue BQ’s grandfather from his prison cell.  But, on their way out, BJF arrives with his men.  He then calls for the prison gates to be lowered and in doing so, he effectively traps BQ’s grandfather, CY, and all the men CY has brought with him, in between those two gates.  CRAAAAAAP.

Now I have to go watch the next episode, and I’m not getting a good feeling about this!

Thank you! I'm on edge now...

1 hour ago, aromabeauty said:

Thanks everyone who contributed to this thread sharing your views, recaps and links.  I have been silent readers all this time but could not help to join the discussion whether BQ and CY had done it .

In my opinion they did it.  1stly they clothes were at the side.  If they were just talking, there was no reason to remove their clothes. The undergarments were worn so that the kids can safely watch the scene and for the adults to imagine.  Even kissing scenes are kind of fast.  2ndly, when BQ said she was not virgin, Zen Shou and DFS were shocked but CY was smiling/choked coz he knew she had lost her virginity to him. After not meeting her for a very long time, what else could a prince been thinking when meeting the love of his life, the one he is planning to marry. Even if he has many concubines, it won't be the same as doing it with someone he loves. It is not like he is bounded by any religion ie to remain virgin until marriage.  Only for the part of BQ, as a girl she has a lot to loose but judging from her character she is the daring type and she trusts CY.

C-dramas are known to be heavily edited in general, but the producer for this drama said that about two-thirds of all kissing scenes that were filmed (I think counting all couples, not just CY and BQ) didn't make it into the final aired episodes.  Gosh, no wonder we're left guessing!:sweatingbullets:

Archived