[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, chisaholly said:

Googled on Dylan Guo, I don't think they looked similar (maybe side views could be a different story?) ... recently, I find the eyes of ZBB, reminds me of Chen Xiao, if I covered half of his face (just the eyes part visible), I could mistake him for CX. 

They don’t look similar at all from the front. Its just that particular poster (on the front page of this sub) where ZBB is shot from the side. When ZBB smirks, he reminds me of someone, I can’t recall who yet. 

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, shihuangdi said:

... I really love how Zhu Shou deals with the bandits and negotiate the ransom - even saying I cannot lose even 0.01kg :lol: I hope he stays till the end, even though the character is minor, it adds some comedy into the story.

I also love this character. He’s so funny. I wonder if his character was supposed to be written as comedic, or the actor made it so. Here’s another scene of him which I found hilarious.

47167167921_5f835c2135_z.jpg

45 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

Hi all, i have been lurking but this is just too sweet to not say a word. Tqvm for this @angelangie, i believe this is their first real kiss which is really befitting as their love go through all the thick and thin. I am just curious which episode is this kiss in actually...would you know @angelangie? Tqvm.

This isn't their first kiss, their first kiss was in episode 28, second kiss if I remember correctly is episode 36/37. This kiss hasn't been aired yet, but likely to be next week! :) 

Judging from what I've seen so far, I think this will be my favourite one yet!! Can't wait :wub:

8 hours ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAS!

Lmao even him asked “if I looked like this would you like me” hahahahahaha 

@ayleenlovesyou HAHAHA! I'm glad he said what we were all thinking! So happy to have CY look like CY again!

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

hahaha something sweet :P

dont watch lols :D 

Hide contents

@angelangie I watched this at work and had to stop myself from screaming! OMG SO HOTTTT!!! 

@themarchioness I was just about to ask you what CY was saying when you posted "Playing with Fire"... :ph34r: omg, I'm dying over here! I cannot CANNOT wait for this scene!! 

Finished the episodes for the day (omg just realised this also means another 5-day wait for the next episode sobs T.T) and they are so action-packed!

Finally got to see how all the spoilers fall into place chronologically haha. Jotting down some scenes I like hehe

Spoiler

- LQW trying to sell BQ to a brothel, and BQ escaping after shooting LQW with her wrist arrow(?)

- BQ getting thrown from a horse and being rescued by Bai Ma (DFS' guy)

- Bai Ma goes to BQ place to return BQ's belonging and BQ recognises him as CY (He disguised himself as Bai Ma

- The scene where CY goes into BQ room is so cute!

- CY wants to bring BQ away from all the danger but BQ shuts him out of her room because she wants to help him complete his plan.

- DFS and mysterious man ambushes CY's (empty) prison cart while it is on the way back to the capital and then brings CY's dead body for BQ to identify

- Her devastation is so heartbreaking :'(

- She tells DFS that she will need to be sacrificed in order for him to obtain the biluotian treasure. DFS is shocked and really upset. I feel for him, especially after he tells his grandpa (mysterious man) that even if he can't marry BQ, he won't let her be sacrificed because he really likes her a lot. I still don't like DFS as a person but poor him.

- CY (disguised as Bai Ma) comes to take BQ away. Their reunion is so touching :')

It's going to be a long 5 days stalking here and weibo while I wait for next Tuesday sighhh. Shall replay the hot kiss scene to tide me through the wait :wub:

@vtxy so jealous you've been able to watch the new episodes already! I'm at work so I have to wait until I get home :bawling:

I love how CY always manages to outsmart his opponents and to find and rescue BQ. Which is why I am also so curious as to what leads up to that scene where we see BQ in chains and where he is cold to her.

43 minutes ago, vtxy said:

Reveal hidden contents

- She tells DFS that she will need to be sacrificed in order for him to obtain the biluotian treasure. DFS is shocked and really upset. I feel for him, especially after he tells his grandpa (mysterious man) that even if he can't marry BQ, he won't let her be sacrificed because he really likes her a lot. I still don't like DFS as a person but poor him.

Aha!

Spoiler

That's been my biggest question for a while now - whether DFS knew about BQ needing to be sacrificed.  I've been especially curious about the answer to that question this week, since we finally got confirmation that he knew pretty much everything about Biluotian from his grandfather.  And yet, there was still that final element -- had his grandfather told him that final key?  Doesn't sound like it and that makes me feel a little bit better about DFS.  But just that smidge better.  LOL.  

I just managed to watch up BQ's escape from QW's stupid brothel plot over lunch.  Now it's back to work.  Sigh.  :P 

6 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@ayleenlovesyou HAHAHA! I'm glad he said what we were all thinking! So happy to have CY look like CY again!

@angelangie I watched this at work and had to stop myself from screaming! OMG SO HOTTTT!!! 

@themarchioness I was just about to ask you what CY was saying when you posted "Playing with Fire"... :ph34r: omg, I'm dying over here! I cannot CANNOT wait for this scene!! 

Can't  see it. :(  

I love how everybody just rose up and complained about how plain looking the "masked" CY was. Hahaha.

I was a bit surprised the production team didn't get a more attractive looking actor but I realized the plainer looking the better since a more handsome guy would technically stand out.

On 2/20/2019 at 3:26 AM, takeu2themoon said:

He ended his collaboration with her already when she set him up to make BQ witness them on the same bed. But now he let her stay under the his roof again despite how fustrated BQ is and even see her behind BQ’s back. Why?

Back then in the capital he used to pretend to be a playboy for the king to not suspect him as an usurper, why cannot he see through LQW’s fakery ( I really love Eternal Love’s Yehua for not being this dumb)?

What fustrated me most is his explanation when he was trying to make up with BQ, nothing is clear (and I don’t believe all of that can assure BQ that it will never happen again) all he did is just being too sweet to lure her and babbling about being with her in the future but no promise that he will never see LQW again.

I left for 9 eps beacause I couldn’t bear him holding her hand and flirting with her right after sleeping with BQ. When she confessed her feeling for him in that cave, even if he turned her down, his expression says he like it (the blame is for the director not BinBin), and I come back after some spoilers with super sweet scenes came out, watching 11 ep subbed and nosubbed nonstop. The consequenece is that I now am so sad I can’t trust CY any more, even if BQ forgive him but I cannot. This show is supposed to be a comedy, isn’t it? Then why?

Now I realize I have to take my 2nd leave.

Sorry for being too emotional.

See you around.

Much worse - she killed BQs uncle and wants to kill BQ....maybe its not as much the writer as he really does have some real chemistry with her.  Fortunately, he has lots more chemistry with BQ and his kisses are SO Romantic!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, themarchioness said:

That's been my biggest question for a while now - whether DFS knew about BQ needing to be sacrificed.

Spoiler

nope he didnt know. said in last night's ep. at least he going to step up with his grandfather on it. 

lol you guys talking about his mask. when i watched all i could think about is how he can remove and put back so fast. also the mask is so fake. it look like just a normal facial mask with some face powder lol

9 hours ago, vtxy said:

This isn't their first kiss, their first kiss was in episode 28, second kiss if I remember correctly is episode 36/37. This kiss hasn't been aired yet, but likely to be next week! :) 

Judging from what I've seen so far, I think this will be my favourite one yet!! Can't wait :wub:

@vtxy hi, haha and yes not their first kiss but i seem to think its the first time i am seeing BQ (hehe Ariel) open her mouth in the kiss :D

Cant wait to see the bts for this kiss!

53 minutes ago, Kai Wen Chia said:

lol you guys talking about his mask. when i watched all i could think about is how he can remove and put back so fast. also the mask is so fake. it look like just a normal facial mask with some face powder lol

Eh, you watch enough C-historical dramas, this is nothing unusual.  I've seen the same trick pulled in other dramas.  (Princess Weiyoung used it a lot!) ;) 

7 minutes ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

I cried... when they finally reunited after she thought CY died... omg. :tears:

I’m just done watching episode 43 and now I understand why in the opening song we see LQW in a queen suit cause she prob slept w/ the King.

Yuck :crazy: I guess better the King than CY

yeah, I kinda knew that DFS

Spoiler

didn't know that buqi would have to be killed to get the treasure.  Say what you will about him, he had a one track mind - and that was to marry and grow old with her.   He never wanted her to be hurt - he just wanted to clear the field for himself so she would fall in love with him. 

I know that a lot of people don't care for him and think the worst about him, but he has been very consistent about his feelings for buqi which was, whether you like him or not, romantic. 

Going back & looking at the earlier episodes, chen yu was quite a jerk to buqi - and not pretending to be a jerk either - HE WAS one.  That scene where he choked her because she said something about his mother was intense.  DFS hasn't done anything remotely like that to buqi at all. 

Alright, I'm going to do something out of the ordinary tonight -- I'm posting the recap for Episode 42 first, even though I haven't finished the recap for Episode 41.  I did something different, which is to recap while I was watching the new episode.  Overall, this episode was a lot easier for me to recap so it was something I could do simultaneously.   I'm going to go watch Episode 43 now and then go back to working on Episode 42.  Sorry for going about this out of order.   I considered sitting on it, but figured you guys would rather have something versus nothing at all.  ;) 

Episode 42 - Recap!

Spoiler

The episode picks up with DFS taking off his “Lian Yi Ke” mask.  DFS says to BQ that he just wanted to see if this was a ruse put on by CY himself.  BQ angrily tells him that he’s clearly got nothing better to do with his time, and he asks her if she’s worried about him (CY).  BQ answers that she likes CY, so of course she’s worried about him.  He says that’s too bad, as the crime he committed is too large and there’s no way the emperor will let him off since everything the emperor wants is in CY’s hands.  DFS says that if CY turns the stuff over, he’s marked for death, but if he doesn’t turn it over, then he’ll just be locked up and tortured over time until he turns the stuff over.  DFS then goes over in painstaking detail how CY might be tortured.  He finishes by saying that if CY’s just putting on act, then he might be let go.  But if he’s not, then he’ll probably never make it out.  DFS tells her to give up on CY and be with him instead.  As BQ turns away from him and crosses her arms, Xiao Xia steps in to warn him off.  DFS says that he’s just trying to tell it like it is and leaves, but not before telling BQ to think things over carefully. 

As BQ walks back inside, she seems lost in thought.  Xiao Xia tells her not to listen to DFS and his crazy ramble, and promises that CY will be fine.  BQ responds that DFS seems to know a lot more than what she thought, as he seems to know that CY has stuff that the emperor wants.  She says they’ve all underestimated him.  She tells Xiao Xia she’s worried about CY and suggests that they spend tomorrow hanging around the prison to see if they can pick up any news.

Elsewhere, DFS returns to meet with his grandfather.  MM says he heard DFS found BQ and he’s curious to know whether DFS was able to gain any information concerning CY from her.  DFS tells his grandfather that she’s not an ordinary girl.  As she used to be a beggar, she’s skilled in her conversational skills, such that even he’s been tricked by her several times.  He says that even though he got the impression from her that CY really was captured, he still can’t confirm whether that’s true or not.  MM shares that his people also haven’t been able to secure any information, and instructs DFS to keep watching over BQ. 

The next day, BQ and Xiao Xiao linger at a café near the prison.  BQ looks despondent and Xiao Xia tries to allay her concerns.  It’s around this time that two prison guards arrive.  From their conversation, it sounds like they’ve been kept busy so this is the first time they’ve been able to come out for a break in a while.  They sit down at the same café, calling for food, and as they wait to be served they start discussing everything that’s been going on at the prison.  It’s around this time that another prison guard runs up to them.  He wonders how they can eat and drink wine at a time like this, and reports that their supervisor is looking for them.  As the guards get up to leave, the camera pans out and we see QW on the other side of the café hidden behind a trellis of some sort.  (Honestly, she’s not that hidden.  She’s got a clear view of BQ and Xiao Xia!) 

After the guardsmen leave, Xiao Xia asks what they should do.  BQ says she wants to meet with DFS.  Xiao Xia doesn’t like this idea, as she knows he’d like to see CY rot in jail, but BQ says she doesn’t want to seek help from him, she wants to probe him about stuff.  She asks Xiao Xia if she remembers what he said.  He’d said that CY has in his hands stuff that the emperor wants, and that if he turns it over, he’ll die, but that if he doesn’t turn it over, then he’ll stay locked up and be slowly tortured until he turns it over.  BQ said she spent the entire night thinking about it and she just can’t figure out how DFS would know CY has that stuff.  Xiao Xia agrees that this is weird.  BQ points out that, in fact, they really don’t know DFS’s full background.  She thinks back to that seal that he carries on him and says she’s always found his story concerning its origins to be odd, and now wonders if he’s a descendant of “Cheng Wang” [who, I’m assuming is another extension of the royal family who wants the throne].  She observes that they’ve been fighting for the throne for a long time now and if DFS is a member of that family, then whatever it is that the emperor wants, he definitely wants it too.  Xiao Xiao says, if that’s the case, then maybe they can rescue CY through him.  BQ nods in agreement. 

At this moment, the prison doors open and out walks Mr. Traitor Traitor Pants, BJF.  He climbs into a waiting carriage and BQ says that from the guardsmen’s conversation earlier, it sounded like they were planning on sending CY to the capitol within the next two days.  She tells Xiao Xia to follow BJF to see if she can learn anything.  Xiao Xia doesn’t want to leave her by herself, but BQ says CY is important.  She promises that after she meets with DFS, she’ll return to the store.  She tells Xiao Xia to also return quickly once she’s finished her business. 

As they part ways and BQ enters a carriage to go find DFS, QW instructs her servant to follow Xiao Xia while she goes after BQ.  She says she’s found an even better way to deal with her. 

BQ is riding along in her carriage when all of the sudden it’s stopped.  She opens the curtain to find out what’s going on and that’s when BQ bops her on the back of her head.

Elsewhere, DFS is sitting on the edge of a precipice.  It’s beautiful, wherever it is that he is, but I also can’t help but thinking that if one were to take one wrong step, or someone was to sneak up behind his . . . yikes!  Anyway, he’s sitting there lost in his thoughts, when the manager lady from the gambling den approaches.  She says he must have something on his mind.  He pretends that he doesn’t, but she says she watched him grow up and she knows he always comes to this place when he’s got something on his mind and needs to think things through.  She says that if he’s willing, she’d be happy to help him sort out his thoughts. He stands and says that the night before, he dressed as LYK and went to visit BQ.  He never imagined that all she’d be able to think about was CY.  (Really?  Wasn’t that a given??  His life’s in peril right now, of course she’d be thinking about him.  Although, I think we also all know, even if CY’s life wasn’t in danger, she’d still be thinking only of him.  Haha.)  He then shares that purposely left behind some nuggets during their conversation, with the hope that it would induce her into coming to see him.  He admits that if she comes only because of CY, that’ll make him unhappy.  But on other hand, if she doesn’t come, then he’ll miss her.  He asks the gambling hall manager whether she thinks BQ will come.  The gambling hall manager responds by commenting that he’s grown up.  Before, he never understood what it was like to yearn for love and even avoided it.  But what she doesn’t understand is, with his background and all the things that he has to recommend himself to the ladies, why would he fall in love with BQ?  DFS just smiles and shrugs his shoulders.  “Who can say?”  (And that is something I can finally agree with!) 

At this time, someone runs over to tell DFS that someone from Zhu Manor is there to see him.  He tells the person to bring them over.  It’s Xiao Xia who’s looking for BQ.  She asks him if he’s seen her, as BQ was on her way to meet him, but he answers that he hasn’t met up with her.  Xiao Xia leaves and DFS asks his right hand woman how come they haven’t heard from the person that his grandfather posted to follow BQ.  He sends her off to find out.  He’s then left alone to stand at the edge of his precipice.

In the carriage, BQ wakes up.  She can’t believe QW is sitting across from her given that she’s supposed to be in prison.  QW grabs her by the back of her neck to shake her and angrily proclaims that she wasn’t at fault for that last incident and that BQ falsely accused her.  She says that it was also because of her that CY lost his trust in her.  That’s why, today, she’s going to get her revenge.  BQ asks her what she’s planning on doing and QW asks her if she knows where they are.  BQ looks out the window and guesses a brothel, and QW cackles with glee.  She describes it as the shadiest and dirtiest brothel in town and it’s her plan to send BQ inside to be used and abused.  When BQ yells for help, QW tells her they’re on the back side where there’s no one around to help her.  Without any martial arts skills, she’s pretty much a pawn in her hand.  QW then says she wonders if “he” will still like her after she’s been touched by all the dirty people in the brothel.  At this, BQ starts to cry and plead for her life.  QW doesn’t by the pity act though and tells her it’s useless.  She reaches for BQ, and that’s when BQ throws out her arm where she has darts hidden under her wrist.  One of them enters QW in the stomach, and as QW slumps over, BQ quickly makes her escape.  There’s on the horse tied to the carriage, so she quickly unties it and throws herself onto its back. 

As BQ rides back towards the middle of the city, she loses control of the horse.  It was saddled for a carriage, not a person, so she doesn’t have a saddle or stirrup to help her control it.  Everywhere around her people are scurrying to move out of her path, but suddenly there’s a little boy.  He’s tripped and fallen and too young to move quickly on his own, so BQ pulls hard on the horse.  She avoids running over the little boy, but the horse bucks backwards and she goes flying into the air.  A stranger comes running over to catch her on his back.  As BQ is twirled around, something drops from her.  When she finally lands, BQ thanks the stranger and asks him if he knows where the Zhu Manor store is.  He never says a word and just smiles and nods.  When she asks him to show her the way, he agrees.  It’s at this time that DFS finds her.  He asks her what happened and whether she’s not feeling well since her coloring is so bad.  BQ momentarily faints into his arms and then gathers enough strength to stand back up.  He asks her where she’s been, mentioning that Xiao Xia even came to look for him.  He says he’s been looking all over for her and anxious with worry.  BQ tells him that she killed someone.  She killed QW.  It’s obvious she’s shaken by this, but oh sweetie, there’s no need for you to feel bad.  1) She’s horrible, and 2) she’s not going to die that easily.  BQ tells them where they can find her body and DFS tells her not to worry; he’ll send her home.  DFS sends his right hand woman to go look for QW and then picks up the now completely fainted BQ.  As he walks past the stranger with BQ in his arms, they nod their heads in recognition.  The stranger then goes to pick up that thing that had fallen from BQ earlier.  (It looks like a hair ornament.)

DFS’s right hand woman rushes over to find QW, but when she finds the carriage, it’s empty inside. 

Back at the Zhu Manor store, Xiao Xia is enduring a lecture from Zhu Shou.  He can’t believe she let BQ go find by DFS by herself and tells her that if anything happens to BQ, it won’t just be the grandfather that’s upset, he’ll be upset too.  Zhu Fu steps in and tells him to stop yelling at her since it’s like crying over spilled milk.  He suggests instead that they hurry up and try to find BQ.  He orders the store clerk to start transmitting the word so that all their people will be on the look out for her.

In prison, which is where Mr. Traitor Traitor Pants should rot forever, BJF is yelling at his men for letting CY disappear.  His man tells him that CY had said he wanted to go find the guard general to discuss some matter, and he wouldn’t let them follow.  He had told them that he was doing something on BJF’s bidding  BJF can’t believe they believed CY so easily.  (I can, though, it’s because you’re a sucky leader, Mr. Traitor Traitor Pants!)  His man tells him that they did eventually follow him, but he’d already disappeared by then.  BJF guesses that CY went to find BQ.  He tells his man to go tell the person that’s following BQ to keep a close on her.  He says that if both she and CY disappear, he’ll tell the emperor to have their heads.  After they leave, another guard comes running over and whispers into his ear.  When he finishes listening to the message he says, “The leader of the Ming Yue Clan’s been brought here?”  He then goes to meet with her.  (I swear, if the two of them end up working together, that would only be too fitting.  Two snakes in a jar.)

The stranger from the street approaches Xiao Xia, Zhu Fu, and Zhu Shou.  Xiao Xia orders the stranger to step aside, but he pulls out the hair ornament and points to it.  Xiao Xia recognizes it and asks him if he’s met BQ and where she is.  He keeps pointing and gesturing.  While Zhu Fu appears to be studying him carefully, Zhu Shou asks what place he’s trying to describe.  The stranger pulls out a bunch of coins and starts to shake them around in his hand before throwing them up into the air.  Zhu Shou finally guesses: that gambling hall den owned by DFS’s family.  He then tells the store clerk to take care of the stranger while they leave to find BQ. 

QW’s back in prison and keeps rubbing the area where she was wounded.  BJF goes to meet with her.  (I wonder, between the two of them, who would win the snarky award.  I’m thinking her.)  She asks him who he is.  He announces himself as BJF, the person sent by the emperor to investigate the prince of Dong Ping Jun’s rebellion matter.  He tells her that when he was in the capitol, he’s already heard that she and CY had a romantic relationship.  He says that with CY being accused of rebellious activity, she won’t be able to disassociate herself from him and suggests that she share everything she knows about CY’s plans with him.  He says that if she does, he’ll be able to lighten her sentence.  QW says, ‘Your (plural) emperor sent CY to investigate LMY.  Now you say he’s a traitor.  That really is laughable.”  BJF responds by wondering if she doesn’t hate CY after he had her locked up in the prison at Dong Ping Jun.  She admits to hating him, but she also says she won’t harm him.  (I wonder if this is going to have BJF asking how come all the ladies are in love with CY, much like when DFS asked the same question back in the desert.  Here’s your answer guys: He’s a genuinely nice guy.  Now go self-reflect.)  QW adds that the reason she escaped from prison was to save CY.  BJF scoffs and says that CY really is a person with good fortune.  He explains that that CY was able to win the devotion of a woman like QW, but doesn’t know how to treasure it, and reminds QW that in CY’s eyes, there is only BQ.  He then says he’ll share information with her, which is that CY didn’t actually conspire against the emperor and that he actually faked being captured by the emperor.  She asks him if he’s being truthful and he says, of course he is.  But then in his next breath he lies and tells her that CY told everything to BQ, and not her.  (He is so manipulative!)  He makes the observation that she escaped from prison for CY, but CY just keeps putting her in the path of danger.  He says CY really shouldn’t behave like this.  QW doesn’t want to believe him and says he must be lying to her.  She says he wants her to misunderstand CY and try to get her to say stuff against him.  BJF says if she doesn’t want to believe him, he’ll show her proof. 

BJF takes QW to see the padlocked prison carriage box.  When he opens it for her, she expects to find CY inside, but of course it’s empty.  BJF points out that for real criminals who are taken to the capitol, they’re supposed to remain in this prison box and since he’s not there, she must know what that means.  QW says she wants to meet with CY, and BJF tells her that he’s already with BQ and that they’ve happily and merrily left Xi Chu Zhou already.  Her anger rising with every word, until she’s shoving at him, QW says she doesn’t believe a word he says.  BJF says whether she wants to believe him or not, that’s up to her.  He reminds her though that her escaping from prison is an offense punishable by death.  He says the only reason he was willing to share this much information with her is because he thought she was a smart woman.  He never thought he’d find her otherwise and tells her to just wait for her beheading in two days.  At his threat, QW finally does a 180-and now she begs forgiveness from BJF (calling him “Da Ren,” which means she’s recognizing the weight of his position).  BJF reminds her that what she committed was a capital offense, so how can she be left off with just some forgiveness.  She says that given his position, he must have the ear of the emperor, and he says of course he does.  And that’s when she says she wants to meet with the emperor.  BJF laughs at her audacity, but that’s when she pulls out her own secret card.  She tells him, “I know who the Biluotian priestess is.”  BJF’s expression changes, and QW says, “If this information is shared with the emperor, I’m sure you’ll be able to earn some goodwill.”  BJF asks to know who the Biluotian priestess is, but QW says this is something she must share with the emperor personally.  She doesn’t want him taking all of the credit, otherwise she’ll be left with nothing.  BJF warns her that if she’s faking anything, she won’t have a life anymore.  QW just laughs and says that between life and power, she places more importance on power.  BJF says he can take her to meet the emperor, but if she’s making up stuff, he’ll now be linked to her, so he insists on knowing the identity of the Biluotian priestess first or else she can forget about everything.  She reassures him though that she’s not planning on going to the capitol to die, so she asks him to rest easy and reminds him that ultimately, he’ll receive credit as well.  At this, BJF finally agrees. 

DFS is watching BQ sleep.  She wakes up in a startle and seems surprised to see him.  He winks at her and she asks him where she is and why she’s there.  He looks around and wrinkles his nose before telling her that she’s in one of the gambling den’s guest rooms and safe.  He then asks her what’s going on between her and QW.  She tells him that QW tried to sell her to a brothel so she’d be ruined.  She starts to say something else about QW, but DFS cuts her off and tells her not to worry as he’s already sent his person to look for QW.  If BQ killed her, he says that’ll be great because the she won’t ever be able to torture her again.  He then tells her that she fainted because she was shocked over the incident and hasn’t rested properly these past several days.  He tells her to drink the medicine he prepared for her.  BQ declines and climbs out of bed.  She says she’s fine and wants to go back to her store.  DFS says Xiao Xia told him though that she’d wanted to meet with him.  He then asks her why she’s in such a hurry to leave now that they’ve met up. 

BQ says she’d wanted to look for him to ask him, “What exactly did CY take that the emperor has to accuse him of being a traitor to capture him?  Also, how do you know about all this?”  DFS responds, “This . . . I can tell you.”  He tells her that CY has with him stuff that are related to the Biluotian, and that these are things that supposed to give a person access to all its worldly treasures within.  That’s why the emperor is looking for him.  BQ asks him how he knows about Biluotian, and he says that part is a secret and he’s told her what he can.  When he offers her the medicine and she again declines it, he says he’ll give her one more chance.  He says if she agrees to marry him, he’ll go rescue CY for her.  BQ says she won’t beg him and that no matter what, she’ll find a way to return to the money to him.  That way, when she has nothing else to worry about, she’ll follow him (CY).  DFS asks her if she really loves CY to the point that she wouldn’t hesitate to break up Zhu manor, and she just tells him to let her go.  When he asks her what she’s going to do if he doesn’t let her leave, she says that if she can’t leave today, then she’ll just leave the next day and points out that he can’t keep her locked up forever.

Outside, they hear Xiao Xia and Zhu Shou arguing with DFS’s right hand woman.  He orders Hei Feng (I should probably start calling her by her proper name now that I can finally remember it) to let them in.  Xiao Xia asks DFS what he did to her, and BQ reassures that he did nothing to her.  She just suffered some shock and fainted.  Zhu Shou adorably asks, “Fainted here?” while BQ just suggests they go home first. 

As BQ leaves with Xiao Xia and Zhu Shou, DFS runs after her to call out, “Zhu Ya Tou, CY’s business isn’t something you (plural) can control so stop wasting all your troubles on him.  Get some rest.”  BQ doesn’t turn back and just keeps on walking.  Once they’re gone, DFS asks Hei Feng if QW’s dead.  She said there was blood in the carriage, but no body and suspects that someone took her away.  DFS tells her to send someone to investigate as she must be brought back to him, dead or alive.  He also tells her to keep after for information on CY.

When BQ returns to the store, Zhu Fu tells them to hurry and close the doors behind them and brings her inside to chat.  She apologizes for having worried everyone, but he’s just glad to have her back.  BQ says she heard from Xiao Xia that the person who saved her earlier was still at the store.  She asks where he is as she’d like to thank him personally.  The store clerk tells her he’s resting in the back and that he’ll bring him over to meet her.  After the store clerk leaves, Zhu Fu tells her that he investigated this man and he’s a tramp and a mute, named Bai Ma.  After Zhu Fu shares Bai Ma’s full background and mentions that he’s grown up in this area and knows it well, BQ decides that it’d be useful for their business to keep him around.  She also gives him credit for not having followed DFS and instead coming to the store to find the others.  Zhu Fu says that if she thinks it’s okay, then they’ll keep him on. 

The store clerk returns with Bai Ma.  He smiles and hurries to give his greeting.  As he bends over and shows his clasped hands, BQ notices the mark on the back of his right hand.  In what starts out a somewhat shaky voice, BQ asks him if he’s willing to stay on with their store and use his knowledge of the area to help them transport goods.”  Bai Ma smiles and indicates his willingness to stay, and BQ tells the store clerk to prepare a room for him to rest in.  She announces that when they leave for Suzhou on the morrow, he’s to go with them. 

That night, Bai Ma enters BQ’s bedroom.  She’s sitting on her bed and when she sees him, she says, “You’ve come.”  Bai Ma finally speaks. He comments that BQ really isn’t like any normal woman.  When a strange man enters her room at night, she doesn’t even flinch.  He bows and says he’s quite impressed. BQ steps down from her bed and starts walking towards him.  She says, “So you can talk now!  Weren’t you a mute?”  He asks if she isn’t afraid that he’s a bad person who’s going to kill her, and she just says, “You would trick even me?  CY, don’t think that just because I’m going along with your act that means I’ll forgive you!  Get out of here!”  That’s when Bai Ma smiles and peels off the face mask that he’s wearing, revealing the real CY underneath.  He walks over to her and taking her face in his hands and expresses admiration for “his wife’s” bright eyes and ability to see through everything.  He says that he only changed into his new outfit that afternoon and she already knew it was him, even finding a way for him to allow him enter.  BQ responds by biting down hard on his hand and then says, “Of course I knew it was you!  And you dared to hide it from me.”  She hits him as she asks him if he doesn’t know how she almost died from fear because of him.  He smiles and accepts the abuse.  Then he gives her a back hug and apologizes, saying he knows he was wrong.  The then holds up the skin of his face masks and asks her, “If I really did look like this, would you not want me?”  She grabs the mask and throws it at him, telling him that if he really did look like that, she of course wouldn’t want him because she wouldn’t want such a coarse man for a husband.  CY doesn’t believe her though.  He reminds her that back then, she didn’t know what LYK looked like, and she still fell in love with him.  BQ says that’s not the same thing, and CY says, “Oh, it was because of the whole he can shoot 10 arrows at once thing?”  She finally laughs and tells him to stop messing around. 

BQ asks CY how he became Bai Ma.  He tells her that after he shook off BJF’s people, he wanted to come find her.  But when he saw the horse running loose earlier, he had only the thought of saving her.  But then there was this person named Bai Ma, and he got there first.  CY found this person suspicious as he was obviously hiding martial arts skills while pretending to be a kind, innocent person.  CY also found him suspicious because when he watched DFS carry her away, he noticed that the two men gave each other head nods.  That’s when he was able to guess that Bai Ma had to be one of DFS’s people and after he captured him, he confessed everything to CY. 

BQ confesses to CY that once upon a time, she stole a seal from DFS that was connected to Cheng Wang.  Also, she heard from DFS that he (CY) took the Biluotian stuff with the intent of rebelling.  That made her think of when he told her that Ah Fu had given him two things related to Biluotian.  CY said he never imagined that DFS would also know that he had the Biluotian stuff.  He says it looks like DFS must be connected to the people who killed Ah Fu.  He just never imagined that these people would also be connected to the traitors and Cheng Wang.  CY explains that Cheng Wang and the previous emperor previously fought over the world.  After the previous emperor ascended to the throne, Cheng Wang was confined to a remote area and not long after, died.  Later, there were rumors that he had left behind male offspring.  However, CY doesn’t discount the possibility that there could also be people who are trying to commit a rebellion under Cheng Wang’s name.  BY is so cute, she mutters that she doesn’t understand why, if people have enough to eat and drink, they’d want to stage an uprising. 

CY takes BQ by the shoulders and says he hadn’t planned on coming to see her so soon, but things are too dangerous here and he feels he has to take her away right now.  BQ holds him back and says things will be fine now that the Ming Yue Shan clan has been ruined and QW’s also dead.  CY tells her, though, that those aren’t the people she needs to be worried about.  Her greatest danger is DFS.  He suspects that with his background, DFS’s determination to marry BQ can’t be such a simple matter.  BQ admits she’s had her suspicions about this as well.  She tells CY about how when her mother was about to be born, that contract was written allowing MM’s family to take as a bride any daughter borne to the Zhu family.  She doesn’t understand how that agreement could be worth the amount of money that MM’s family loaned to them.  CY tells her, “Of course it was worth it,” because her mother was a Biluotian priestess.  BQ asks him what he’s talking about, “Biluotian priestess?”  CY tells her that she must’ve heard the tale before.  As he repeats a part of it, she nods her head in recognition.  Then, when he gets to the part about the Biluotian priestess, he tells her that her maternal grandmother was a priestess, and her mother was a priestess, which means she’s also a priestess.  He tells her that everyone just wants to use her to get to its treasures and then the world.  BQ laughs in disbelief, “Me?  I’m a Biluotian priestess?”  She has a hard time processing this new information.  He sits down with her and she asks him how he knows all this.  He tells her that before his father died, he told him all of the Biluotian secrets and that was why he looked for her for all those years.  BQ asks if that means the Seventh Prince really did want to revolt and that he hoped CY would continue on that path by sharing his knowledge with him.  CY tells her he doesn’t have the same aspirations as his father, and BQ says if that’s the case, then why don’t the two of them go in and get the Biluotian treasure and bring it back to the emperor.  When he just sighs and doesn’t answer, she asks him if her idea won’t work.  He takes her hands in his and tells her that the tale that everyone knows is only just one half.  As he shares the second half, she figures out its meaning, which is that she has to die.  CY clasps her hands and promises her that he won’t let her die.  He says that since the emperor doesn’t yet know she’s the Biluotian princess, he’ll take her and leave.  As CY stands and starts to escort her out of the room, she waylays him again and asks what will happen to Zhu Manor if she just disappears.  He gives some sort of an explanation (of which I’m too lazy at this point to look up in the dictionary, sorry!) to reassure her that no harm will come to her grandfather and family.  Plus, he admits that part of his plan is to bring out the people who killed his master (because he deduces that the people who killed his master will also be the people who try and break him out of his prison cart when he's taken back to the capitol).   In essence, his plans are to catch both the traitors and get rid of the people who know about her real background at the same time. 

After BQ hears his plans, she tells him that means she definitely can’t leave with him.  He asks her why and she tells him to think about it.  He faked being captured and didn’t tell her to make it look real.  If she disappears now, everyone will be suspicious.  She suggests they keep up the act until the end, and when it’s over, they can be together.  CY thinks her idea is too dangerous because they’ll come and capture her.  She points out though that so far, they haven’t come for her, and CY says the only reason they haven’t yet come for her is because they don’t have the map or the sphere.  He’s afraid that with everyone suspecting he has the map and sphere, and with everyone knowing their relationship . . . BQ cuts him off and says that these are all just people’s guesses and she’s willing to bet that they’ll never be able to figure out that he wasn’t really captured.  CY says he doesn’t want to gamble, but she says they’ve already reached this point.  She doesn’t want all the plans that he’s so carefully thought out to fall apart just because of her.  Plus, she points out that he’s already taken over the Bai Ma identity to be by her side and she doubts DFS will suspect her.  CY still refuses and insists on taking her with him, so she lets him lead her to the door and then when they get there, she pushes him out and locks her door behind him.  Through the door, she tells him that she won’t leave with him and asks him to let her help him see his playact to the end.  She says she looks forward to one day being able to live happily and peacefully with him.  CY has no choice but to acquiesce.  They both lean against the door, back to back.

The next day, BQ meets with Zhu Fu, Zhu Shou, Xiao Xia, and Xiao Liu.  She shares the information Xiao Xia was able to gather concerning CY’s journey from the prison to the capitol.  She then makes plans and gives orders for them to also prepare to depart so that they can follow the caravan from a distance.  Both Zhu Shou and Zhu Fu object to what she wants to do because they think she plans on intercepting the caravan.  That’s when she clarifies that DFS told her the reason why CY was captured is because he has something the emperor wants.  She feels like he keeps testing her to see if CY was really captured or not.  She thus suspects that whatever CY has, DFS wants it as well.  That’s why she wants to put on an act for DFS to see and let him think that she plans on intercepting the caravan to rescue CY.  With that explanation, the men agree to her plan. 

The episode ends with BQ looking determined.

1 hour ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

I’m just done watching episode 43 and now I understand why in the opening song we see LQW in a queen suit cause she prob slept w/ the King.

OMG... I just finished ep 43 as well and that whole last bit with QW and the Emperor?  Makes me want to puke... ugh.  Stop thinking with one thing and one thing only, Mr. Emperor!  :angry:

50 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Alright, I'm going to do something out of the ordinary tonight -- I'm posting the recap for Episode 42 first, even though I haven't finished the recap for Episode 41.  I did something different, which is to recap while I was watching the new episode.  Overall, this episode was a lot easier for me to recap so it was something I could do simultaneously.   I'm going to go watch Episode 43 now and then go back to working on Episode 42.  Sorry for going about this out of order.   I considered sitting on it, but figured you guys would rather have something versus nothing at all.  ;) 

Episode 42 - Recap!

Reveal hidden contents

The episode picks up with DFS taking off his “Lian Yi Ke” mask.  DFS says to BQ that he just wanted to see if this was a ruse put on by CY himself.  BQ angrily tells him that he’s clearly got nothing better to do with his time, and he asks her if she’s worried about him (CY).  BQ answers that she likes CY, so of course she’s worried about him.  He says that’s too bad, as the crime he committed is too large and there’s no way the emperor will let him off since everything the emperor wants is in CY’s hands.  DFS says that if CY turns the stuff over, he’s marked for death, but if he doesn’t turn it over, then he’ll just be locked up and tortured over time until he turns the stuff over.  DFS then goes over in painstaking detail how CY might be tortured.  He finishes by saying that if CY’s just putting on act, then he might be let go.  But if he’s not, then he’ll probably never make it out.  DFS tells her to give up on CY and be with him instead.  As BQ turns away from him and crosses her arms, Xiao Xia steps in to warn him off.  DFS says that he’s just trying to tell it like it is and leaves, but not before telling BQ to think things over carefully. 

As BQ walks back inside, she seems lost in thought.  Xiao Xia tells her not to listen to DFS and his crazy ramble, and promises that CY will be fine.  BQ responds that DFS seems to know a lot more than what she thought, as he seems to know that CY has stuff that the emperor wants.  She says they’ve all underestimated him.  She tells Xiao Xia she’s worried about CY and suggests that they spend tomorrow hanging around the prison to see if they can pick up any news.

Elsewhere, DFS returns to meet with his grandfather.  MM says he heard DFS found BQ and he’s curious to know whether DFS was able to gain any information concerning CY from her.  DFS tells his grandfather that she’s not an ordinary girl.  As she used to be a beggar, she’s skilled in her conversational skills, such that even he’s been tricked by her several times.  He says that even though he got the impression from her that CY really was captured, he still can’t confirm whether that’s true or not.  MM shares that his people also haven’t been able to secure any information, and instructs DFS to keep watching over BQ. 

The next day, BQ and Xiao Xiao linger at a café near the prison.  BQ looks despondent and Xiao Xia tries to allay her concerns.  It’s around this time that two prison guards arrive.  From their conversation, it sounds like they’ve been kept busy so this is the first time they’ve been able to come out for a break in a while.  They sit down at the same café, calling for food, and as they wait to be served they start discussing everything that’s been going on at the prison.  It’s around this time that another prison guard runs up to them.  He wonders how they can eat and drink wine at a time like this, and reports that their supervisor is looking for them.  As the guards get up to leave, the camera pans out and we see QW on the other side of the café hidden behind a trellis of some sort.  (Honestly, she’s not that hidden.  She’s got a clear view of BQ and Xiao Xia!) 

After the guardsmen leave, Xiao Xia asks what they should do.  BQ says she wants to meet with DFS.  Xiao Xia doesn’t like this idea, as she knows he’d like to see CY rot in jail, but BQ says she doesn’t want to seek help from him, she wants to probe him about stuff.  She asks Xiao Xia if she remembers what he said.  He’d said that CY has in his hands stuff that the emperor wants, and that if he turns it over, he’ll die, but that if he doesn’t turn it over, then he’ll stay locked up and be slowly tortured until he turns it over.  BQ said she spent the entire night thinking about it and she just can’t figure out how DFS would know CY has that stuff.  Xiao Xia agrees that this is weird.  BQ points out that, in fact, they really don’t know DFS’s full background.  She thinks back to that seal that he carries on him and says she’s always found his story concerning its origins to be odd, and now wonders if he’s a descendant of “Cheng Wang” [who, I’m assuming is another extension of the royal family who wants the throne].  She observes that they’ve been fighting for the throne for a long time now and if DFS is a member of that family, then whatever it is that the emperor wants, he definitely wants it too.  Xiao Xiao says, if that’s the case, then maybe they can rescue CY through him.  BQ nods in agreement. 

At this moment, the prison doors open and out walks Mr. Traitor Traitor Pants, BJF.  He climbs into a waiting carriage and BQ says that from the guardsmen’s conversation earlier, it sounded like they were planning on sending CY to the capitol within the next two days.  She tells Xiao Xia to follow BJF to see if she can learn anything.  Xiao Xia doesn’t want to leave her by herself, but BQ says CY is important.  She promises that after she meets with DFS, she’ll return to the store.  She tells Xiao Xia to also return quickly once she’s finished her business. 

As they part ways and BQ enters a carriage to go find DFS, QW instructs her servant to follow Xiao Xia while she goes after BQ.  She says she’s found an even better way to deal with her. 

BQ is riding along in her carriage when all of the sudden it’s stopped.  She opens the curtain to find out what’s going on and that’s when BQ bops her on the back of her head.

Elsewhere, DFS is sitting on the edge of a precipice.  It’s beautiful, wherever it is that he is, but I also can’t help but thinking that if one were to take one wrong step, or someone was to sneak up behind his . . . yikes!  Anyway, he’s sitting there lost in his thoughts, when the manager lady from the gambling den approaches.  She says he must have something on his mind.  He pretends that he doesn’t, but she says she watched him grow up and she knows he always comes to this place when he’s got something on his mind and needs to think things through.  She says that if he’s willing, she’d be happy to help him sort out his thoughts. He stands and says that the night before, he dressed as LYK and went to visit BQ.  He never imagined that all she’d be able to think about was CY.  (Really?  Wasn’t that a given??  His life’s in peril right now, of course she’d be thinking about him.  Although, I think we also all know, even if CY’s life wasn’t in danger, she’d still be thinking only of him.  Haha.)  He then shares that purposely left behind some nuggets during their conversation, with the hope that it would induce her into coming to see him.  He admits that if she comes only because of CY, that’ll make him unhappy.  But on other hand, if she doesn’t come, then he’ll miss her.  He asks the gambling hall manager whether she thinks BQ will come.  The gambling hall manager responds by commenting that he’s grown up.  Before, he never understood what it was like to yearn for love and even avoided it.  But what she doesn’t understand is, with his background and all the things that he has to recommend himself to the ladies, why would he fall in love with BQ?  DFS just smiles and shrugs his shoulders.  “Who can say?”  (And that is something I can finally agree with!) 

At this time, someone runs over to tell DFS that someone from Zhu Manor is there to see him.  He tells the person to bring them over.  It’s Xiao Xia who’s looking for BQ.  She asks him if he’s seen her, as BQ was on her way to meet him, but he answers that he hasn’t met up with her.  Xiao Xia leaves and DFS asks his right hand woman how come they haven’t heard from the person that his grandfather posted to follow BQ.  He sends her off to find out.  He’s then left alone to stand at the edge of his precipice.

In the carriage, BQ wakes up.  She can’t believe QW is sitting across from her given that she’s supposed to be in prison.  QW grabs her by the back of her neck to shake her and angrily proclaims that she wasn’t at fault for that last incident and that BQ falsely accused her.  She says that it was also because of her that CY lost his trust in her.  That’s why, today, she’s going to get her revenge.  BQ asks her what she’s planning on doing and QW asks her if she knows where they are.  BQ looks out the window and guesses a brothel, and QW cackles with glee.  She describes it as the shadiest and dirtiest brothel in town and it’s her plan to send BQ inside to be used and abused.  When BQ yells for help, QW tells her they’re on the back side where there’s no one around to help her.  Without any martial arts skills, she’s pretty much a pawn in her hand.  QW then says she wonders if “he” will still like her after she’s been touched by all the dirty people in the brothel.  At this, BQ starts to cry and plead for her life.  QW doesn’t by the pity act though and tells her it’s useless.  She reaches for BQ, and that’s when BQ throws out her arm where she has darts hidden under her wrist.  One of them enters QW in the stomach, and as QW slumps over, BQ quickly makes her escape.  There’s on the horse tied to the carriage, so she quickly unties it and throws herself onto its back. 

As BQ rides back towards the middle of the city, she loses control of the horse.  It was saddled for a carriage, not a person, so she doesn’t have a saddle or stirrup to help her control it.  Everywhere around her people are scurrying to move out of her path, but suddenly there’s a little boy.  He’s tripped and fallen and too young to move quickly on his own, so BQ pulls hard on the horse.  She avoids running over the little boy, but the horse bucks backwards and she goes flying into the air.  A stranger comes running over to catch her on his back.  As BQ is twirled around, something drops from her.  When she finally lands, BQ thanks the stranger and asks him if he knows where the Zhu Manor store is.  He never says a word and just smiles and nods.  When she asks him to show her the way, he agrees.  It’s at this time that DFS finds her.  He asks her what happened and whether she’s not feeling well since her coloring is so bad.  BQ momentarily faints into his arms and then gathers enough strength to stand back up.  He asks her where she’s been, mentioning that Xiao Xia even came to look for him.  He says he’s been looking all over for her and anxious with worry.  BQ tells him that she killed someone.  She killed QW.  It’s obvious she’s shaken by this, but oh sweetie, there’s no need for you to feel bad.  1) She’s horrible, and 2) she’s not going to die that easily.  BQ tells them where they can find her body and DFS tells her not to worry; he’ll send her home.  DFS sends his right hand woman to go look for QW and then picks up the now completely fainted BQ.  As he walks past the stranger with BQ in his arms, they nod their heads in recognition.  The stranger then goes to pick up that thing that had fallen from BQ earlier.  (It looks like a hair ornament.)

DFS’s right hand woman rushes over to find QW, but when she finds the carriage, it’s empty inside. 

Back at the Zhu Manor store, Xiao Xia is enduring a lecture from Zhu Shou.  He can’t believe she let BQ go find by DFS by herself and tells her that if anything happens to BQ, it won’t just be the grandfather that’s upset, he’ll be upset too.  Zhu Fu steps in and tells him to stop yelling at her since it’s like crying over spilled milk.  He suggests instead that they hurry up and try to find BQ.  He orders the store clerk to start transmitting the word so that all their people will be on the look out for her.

In prison, which is where Mr. Traitor Traitor Pants should rot forever, BJF is yelling at his men for letting CY disappear.  His man tells him that CY had said he wanted to go find the guard general to discuss some matter, and he wouldn’t let them follow.  He had told them that he was doing something on BJF’s bidding  BJF can’t believe they believed CY so easily.  (I can, though, it’s because you’re a sucky leader, Mr. Traitor Traitor Pants!)  His man tells him that they did eventually follow him, but he’d already disappeared by then.  BJF guesses that CY went to find BQ.  He tells his man to go tell the person that’s following BQ to keep a close on her.  He says that if both she and CY disappear, he’ll tell the emperor to have their heads.  After they leave, another guard comes running over and whispers into his ear.  When he finishes listening to the message he says, “The leader of the Ming Yue Clan’s been brought here?”  He then goes to meet with her.  (I swear, if the two of them end up working together, that would only be too fitting.  Two snakes in a jar.)

The stranger from the street approaches Xiao Xia, Zhu Fu, and Zhu Shou.  Xiao Xia orders the stranger to step aside, but he pulls out the hair ornament and points to it.  Xiao Xia recognizes it and asks him if he’s met BQ and where she is.  He keeps pointing and gesturing.  While Zhu Fu appears to be studying him carefully, Zhu Shou asks what place he’s trying to describe.  The stranger pulls out a bunch of coins and starts to shake them around in his hand before throwing them up into the air.  Zhu Shou finally guesses: that gambling hall den owned by DFS’s family.  He then tells the store clerk to take care of the stranger while they leave to find BQ. 

QW’s back in prison and keeps rubbing the area where she was wounded.  BJF goes to meet with her.  (I wonder, between the two of them, who would win the snarky award.  I’m thinking her.)  She asks him who he is.  He announces himself as BJF, the person sent by the emperor to investigate the prince of Dong Ping Jun’s rebellion matter.  He tells her that when he was in the capitol, he’s already heard that she and CY had a romantic relationship.  He says that with CY being accused of rebellious activity, she won’t be able to disassociate herself from him and suggests that she share everything she knows about CY’s plans with him.  He says that if she does, he’ll be able to lighten her sentence.  QW says, ‘Your (plural) emperor sent CY to investigate LMY.  Now you say he’s a traitor.  That really is laughable.”  BJF responds by wondering if she doesn’t hate CY after he had her locked up in the prison at Dong Ping Jun.  She admits to hating him, but she also says she won’t harm him.  (I wonder if this is going to have BJF asking how come all the ladies are in love with CY, much like when DFS asked the same question back in the desert.  Here’s your answer guys: He’s a genuinely nice guy.  Now go self-reflect.)  QW adds that the reason she escaped from prison was to save CY.  BJF scoffs and says that CY really is a person with good fortune.  He explains that that CY was able to win the devotion of a woman like QW, but doesn’t know how to treasure it, and reminds QW that in CY’s eyes, there is only BQ.  He then says he’ll share information with her, which is that CY didn’t actually conspire against the emperor and that he actually faked being captured by the emperor.  She asks him if he’s being truthful and he says, of course he is.  But then in his next breath he lies and tells her that CY told everything to BQ, and not her.  (He is so manipulative!)  He makes the observation that she escaped from prison for CY, but CY just keeps putting her in the path of danger.  He says CY really shouldn’t behave like this.  QW doesn’t want to believe him and says he must be lying to her.  She says he wants her to misunderstand CY and try to get her to say stuff against him.  BJF says if she doesn’t want to believe him, he’ll show her proof. 

BJF takes QW to see the padlocked prison carriage box.  When he opens it for her, she expects to find CY inside, but of course it’s empty.  BJF points out that for real criminals who are taken to the capitol, they’re supposed to remain in this prison box and since he’s not there, she must know what that means.  QW says she wants to meet with CY, and BJF tells her that he’s already with BQ and that they’ve happily and merrily left Xi Chu Zhou already.  Her anger rising with every word, until she’s shoving at him, QW says she doesn’t believe a word he says.  BJF says whether she wants to believe him or not, that’s up to her.  He reminds her though that her escaping from prison is an offense punishable by death.  He says the only reason he was willing to share this much information with her is because he thought she was a smart woman.  He never thought he’d find her otherwise and tells her to just wait for her beheading in two days.  At his threat, QW finally does a 180-and now she begs forgiveness from BJF (calling him “Da Ren,” which means she’s recognizing the weight of his position).  BJF reminds her that what she committed was a capital offense, so how can she be left off with just some forgiveness.  She says that given his position, he must have the ear of the emperor, and he says of course he does.  And that’s when she says she wants to meet with the emperor.  BJF laughs at her audacity, but that’s when she pulls out her own secret card.  She tells him, “I know who the Biluotian priestess is.”  BJF’s expression changes, and QW says, “If this information is shared with the emperor, I’m sure you’ll be able to earn some goodwill.”  BJF asks to know who the Biluotian priestess is, but QW says this is something she must share with the emperor personally.  She doesn’t want him taking all of the credit, otherwise she’ll be left with nothing.  BJF warns her that if she’s faking anything, she won’t have a life anymore.  QW just laughs and says that between life and power, she places more importance on power.  BJF says he can take her to meet the emperor, but if she’s making up stuff, he’ll now be linked to her, so he insists on knowing the identity of the Biluotian priestess first or else she can forget about everything.  She reassures him though that she’s not planning on going to the capitol to die, so she asks him to rest easy and reminds him that ultimately, he’ll receive credit as well.  At this, BJF finally agrees. 

DFS is watching BQ sleep.  She wakes up in a startle and seems surprised to see him.  He winks at her and she asks him where she is and why she’s there.  He looks around and wrinkles his nose before telling her that she’s in one of the gambling den’s guest rooms and safe.  He then asks her what’s going on between her and QW.  She tells him that QW tried to sell her to a brothel so she’d be ruined.  She starts to say something else about QW, but DFS cuts her off and tells her not to worry as he’s already sent his person to look for QW.  If BQ killed her, he says that’ll be great because the she won’t ever be able to torture her again.  He then tells her that she fainted because she was shocked over the incident and hasn’t rested properly these past several days.  He tells her to drink the medicine he prepared for her.  BQ declines and climbs out of bed.  She says she’s fine and wants to go back to her store.  DFS says Xiao Xia told him though that she’d wanted to meet with him.  He then asks her why she’s in such a hurry to leave now that they’ve met up. 

BQ says she’d wanted to look for him to ask him, “What exactly did CY take that the emperor has to accuse him of being a traitor to capture him?  Also, how do you know about all this?”  DFS responds, “This . . . I can tell you.”  He tells her that CY has with him stuff that are related to the Biluotian, and that these are things that supposed to give a person access to all its worldly treasures within.  That’s why the emperor is looking for him.  BQ asks him how he knows about Biluotian, and he says that part is a secret and he’s told her what he can.  When he offers her the medicine and she again declines it, he says he’ll give her one more chance.  He says if she agrees to marry him, he’ll go rescue CY for her.  BQ says she won’t beg him and that no matter what, she’ll find a way to return to the money to him.  That way, when she has nothing else to worry about, she’ll follow him (CY).  DFS asks her if she really loves CY to the point that she wouldn’t hesitate to break up Zhu manor, and she just tells him to let her go.  When he asks her what she’s going to do if he doesn’t let her leave, she says that if she can’t leave today, then she’ll just leave the next day and points out that he can’t keep her locked up forever.

Outside, they hear Xiao Xia and Zhu Shou arguing with DFS’s right hand woman.  He orders Hei Feng (I should probably start calling her by her proper name now that I can finally remember it) to let them in.  Xiao Xia asks DFS what he did to her, and BQ reassures that he did nothing to her.  She just suffered some shock and fainted.  Zhu Shou adorably asks, “Fainted here?” while BQ just suggests they go home first. 

As BQ leaves with Xiao Xia and Zhu Shou, DFS runs after her to call out, “Zhu Ya Tou, CY’s business isn’t something you (plural) can control so stop wasting all your troubles on him.  Get some rest.”  BQ doesn’t turn back and just keeps on walking.  Once they’re gone, DFS asks Hei Feng if QW’s dead.  She said there was blood in the carriage, but no body and suspects that someone took her away.  DFS tells her to send someone to investigate as she must be brought back to him, dead or alive.  He also tells her to keep after for information on CY.

When BQ returns to the store, Zhu Fu tells them to hurry and close the doors behind them and brings her inside to chat.  She apologizes for having worried everyone, but he’s just glad to have her back.  BQ says she heard from Xiao Xia that the person who saved her earlier was still at the store.  She asks where he is as she’d like to thank him personally.  The store clerk tells her he’s resting in the back and that he’ll bring him over to meet her.  After the store clerk leaves, Zhu Fu tells her that he investigated this man and he’s a tramp and a mute, named Bai Ma.  After Zhu Fu shares Bai Ma’s full background and mentions that he’s grown up in this area and knows it well, BQ decides that it’d be useful for their business to keep him around.  She also gives him credit for not having followed DFS and instead coming to the store to find the others.  Zhu Fu says that if she thinks it’s okay, then they’ll keep him on. 

The store clerk returns with Bai Ma.  He smiles and hurries to give his greeting.  As he bends over and shows his clasped hands, BQ notices the mark on the back of his right hand.  In what starts out a somewhat shaky voice, BQ asks him if he’s willing to stay on with their store and use his knowledge of the area to help them transport goods.”  Bai Ma smiles and indicates his willingness to stay, and BQ tells the store clerk to prepare a room for him to rest in.  She announces that when they leave for Suzhou on the morrow, he’s to go with them. 

That night, Bai Ma enters BQ’s bedroom.  She’s sitting on her bed and when she sees him, she says, “You’ve come.”  Bai Ma finally speaks. He comments that BQ really isn’t like any normal woman.  When a strange man enters her room at night, she doesn’t even flinch.  He bows and says he’s quite impressed. BQ steps down from her bed and starts walking towards him.  She says, “So you can talk now!  Weren’t you a mute?”  He asks if she isn’t afraid that he’s a bad person who’s going to kill her, and she just says, “You would trick even me?  CY, don’t think that just because I’m going along with your act that means I’ll forgive you!  Get out of here!”  That’s when Bai Ma smiles and peels off the face mask that he’s wearing, revealing the real CY underneath.  He walks over to her and taking her face in his hands and expresses admiration for “his wife’s” bright eyes and ability to see through everything.  He says that he only changed into his new outfit that afternoon and she already knew it was him, even finding a way for him to allow him enter.  BQ responds by biting down hard on his hand and then says, “Of course I knew it was you!  And you dared to hide it from me.”  She hits him as she asks him if he doesn’t know how she almost died from fear because of him.  He smiles and accepts the abuse.  Then he gives her a back hug and apologizes, saying he knows he was wrong.  The then holds up the skin of his face masks and asks her, “If I really did look like this, would you not want me?”  She grabs the mask and throws it at him, telling him that if he really did look like that, she of course wouldn’t want him because she wouldn’t want such a coarse man for a husband.  CY doesn’t believe her though.  He reminds her that back then, she didn’t know what LYK looked like, and she still fell in love with him.  BQ says that’s not the same thing, and CY says, “Oh, it was because of the whole he can shoot 10 arrows at once thing?”  She finally laughs and tells him to stop messing around. 

BQ asks CY how he became Bai Ma.  He tells her that after he shook off BJF’s people, he wanted to come find her.  But when he saw the horse running loose earlier, he had only the thought of saving her.  But then there was this person named Bai Ma, and he got there first.  CY found this person suspicious as he was obviously hiding martial arts skills while pretending to be a kind, innocent person.  CY also found him suspicious because when he watched DFS carry her away, he noticed that the two men gave each other head nods.  That’s when he was able to guess that Bai Ma had to be one of DFS’s people and after he captured him, he confessed everything to CY. 

BQ confesses to CY that once upon a time, she stole a seal from DFS that was connected to Cheng Wang.  Also, she heard from DFS that he (CY) took the Biluotian stuff with the intent of rebelling.  That made her think of when he told her that Ah Fu had given him two things related to Biluotian.  CY said he never imagined that DFS would also know that he had the Biluotian stuff.  He says it looks like DFS must be connected to the people who killed Ah Fu.  He just never imagined that these people would also be connected to the traitors and Cheng Wang.  CY explains that Cheng Wang and the previous emperor previously fought over the world.  After the previous emperor ascended to the throne, Cheng Wang was confined to a remote area and not long after, died.  Later, there were rumors that he had left behind male offspring.  However, CY doesn’t discount the possibility that there could also be people who are trying to commit a rebellion under Cheng Wang’s name.  BY is so cute, she mutters that she doesn’t understand why, if people have enough to eat and drink, they’d want to stage an uprising. 

CY takes BQ by the shoulders and says he hadn’t planned on coming to see her so soon, but things are too dangerous here and he feels he has to take her away right now.  BQ holds him back and says things will be fine now that the Ming Yue Shan clan has been ruined and QW’s also dead.  CY tells her, though, that those aren’t the people she needs to be worried about.  Her greatest danger is DFS.  He suspects that with his background, DFS’s determination to marry BQ can’t be such a simple matter.  BQ admits she’s had her suspicions about this as well.  She tells CY about how when her mother was about to be born, that contract was written allowing MM’s family to take as a bride any daughter borne to the Zhu family.  She doesn’t understand how that agreement could be worth the amount of money that MM’s family loaned to them.  CY tells her, “Of course it was worth it,” because her mother was a Biluotian priestess.  BQ asks him what he’s talking about, “Biluotian priestess?”  CY tells her that she must’ve heard the tale before.  As he repeats a part of it, she nods her head in recognition.  Then, when he gets to the part about the Biluotian priestess, he tells her that her maternal grandmother was a priestess, and her mother was a priestess, which means she’s also a priestess.  He tells her that everyone just wants to use her to get to its treasures and then the world.  BQ laughs in disbelief, “Me?  I’m a Biluotian priestess?”  She has a hard time processing this new information.  He sits down with her and she asks him how he knows all this.  He tells her that before his father died, he told him all of the Biluotian secrets and that was why he looked for her for all those years.  BQ asks if that means the Seventh Prince really did want to revolt and that he hoped CY would continue on that path by sharing his knowledge with him.  CY tells her he doesn’t have the same aspirations as his father, and BQ says if that’s the case, then why don’t the two of them go in and get the Biluotian treasure and bring it back to the emperor.  When he just sighs and doesn’t answer, she asks him if her idea won’t work.  He takes her hands in his and tells her that the tale that everyone knows is only just one half.  As he shares the second half, she figures out its meaning, which is that she has to die.  CY clasps her hands and promises her that he won’t let her die.  He says that since the emperor doesn’t yet know she’s the Biluotian princess, he’ll take her and leave.  As CY stands and starts to escort her out of the room, she waylays him again and asks what will happen to Zhu Manor is she just disappears.  He gives some sort of an explanation (of which I’m too lazy at this point to look up in the direction, sorry!) to reassure her that no harm will come to her grandfather and family.  Plus, he admits that part of his plan is to bring out the people who killed his master (because he deduces that the people who killed his master will also be the people who try and break him out of his prison cart when he's taken back to the capitol).   In essence, his plans are to catch both the traitors and get rid of the people who know about her real background at the same time. 

After BQ hears his plans, she tells him that means she definitely can’t leave with him.  He asks her why and she tells him to think about it.  He faked being captured and didn’t tell her to make it look real.  If she disappears now, everyone will be suspicious.  She suggests they keep up the act until the end, and when it’s over, they can be together.  CY thinks her idea is too dangerous because they’ll come and capture her.  She points out though that so far, they haven’t come for her, and CY says the only reason they haven’t yet come for her is because they don’t have the map or the sphere.  He’s afraid that with everyone suspecting he has the map and sphere, and with everyone knowing their relationship . . . BQ cuts him off and says that these are all just people’s guesses and she’s willing to bet that they’ll never be able to figure out that he wasn’t really captured.  CY says he doesn’t want to gamble, but she says they’ve already reached this point.  She doesn’t want all the plans that he’s so carefully thought out to fall apart just because of her.  Plus, she points out that he’s already taken over the Bai Ma identity to be by her side and she doubts DFS will suspect her.  CY still refuses and insists on taking her with him, so she lets him lead her to the door and then when they get there, she pushes him out and locks her door behind him.  Through the door, she tells him that she won’t leave with him and asks him to let her help him see his playact to the end.  She says she looks forward to one day being able to live happily and peacefully with him.  CY has no choice but to acquiesce.  The lean both lean against the door, back to back.

The next day, BQ meets with Zhu Fu, Zhu Shou, Xiao Xia, and Xiao Liu.  She shares the information Xiao Xia was able to gather concerning CY’s journey from the prison to the capitol.  She then makes plans and gives orders for them to also prepare to depart so that they can follow the caravan from a distance.  Both Zhu Shou and Zhu Fu object to what she wants to do because they think she plans on intercepting the caravan.  That’s when she clarifies that DFS told her the reason why CY was captured is because he has something the emperor wants.  She feels like he keeps testing her to see if CY was really captured or not.  She thus suspects that whatever CY has, DFS wants it as well.  That’s why she wants to put on an act for DFS to see and let him think that she plans on intercepting the caravan to rescue CY.  With that explanation, the men agree to her plan. 

The episode ends with BQ looking determined.

I do not know where to put this but it, does not matter what I put here on Youtube there is a channel summary of the drama where they say that DFS will die and that the main actor and actress who are Chen Yu and Bu Qi will meet after ten years at the end and that same scene comes out at the entrance of the drama itself is the last scene of the entrance also dressed both in black in the forest!!!!!

Archived