[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/10/2019 at 11:27 AM, redlion said:

Tong Nian...... Are you drunk???:wub:

ahhhh. i can’t wait for this scene!! but makes me wonder, from all the teasers/clips we’ve seen there’s barely anything about cosplaying & japanese songs. yet it seems like the drama is quite true to the book.. hmm.. 

On 7/10/2019 at 11:56 AM, gracebkk said:

Sina interview (with more sweet scenes :wub:):

I love how they talk about their relationship being calm/smooth reminds me of Love o2o which i love dont  get me wrong I love drama but I also want to see trust and loyalty in romance as well

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

Yeah... they're incorporating some parts of the other books that tells us more of Gun and his background - lots of Team Solo days and probably go into more details of his past friendships and what they mean to him. And it also looks like they're expanding YaYa's role and romance with Xiao Mi? Although I had hoped that she might go with 97 like in the book. Lol. I'm really looking forward to all of the sweet moments. In the book,  Gun kept alot of his feelings to himself so it's not always clear to others.  But from what I've seen so far, Gun is more expressive and lots of kisses! I especially like the scene when they're on the bed and he told her that he's hers. Soooooo drool worthy. Probably in later eps. And I think they're probably going to add more angst to their breakup maybe even due to their ages and parent disapproval. But we'll see. So far I'm loving all the episodes!

To those who understand Chinese & have read the books, can you tell is the script sticking to the novels in how Gun/Solo/Appledog broke apart? In episode 2, I saw the flashback with Gun & them, but couldn’t understand what exactly they were arguing about. :sweatingbullets: 

And for those (like me) who are patiently dying for subs: Viki’s subs are at 72% now! :D

On 7/10/2019 at 4:06 AM, chloevstkawaii said:

Do you think it's worth reading the other books? 

I was actually rather disappointed by this book, even though I thought it was cute and fluffy. I didn't really like how the author characterised Tong Nian lol. I prefer appledog but she has very different relationship with dt, and yeah it's game focused, since it's her passion and dream. I still had issues with the book due to a particular plot point. The game bits weren't that hard to understand, it was just team shooting game, but I like MMO WNs so mhmmmm. Anyways, I sort of liked filling in the gaps across the books, and I really the friendship bits that show up in the other book, it was fun.

I also realised the sole screenwriter is the author Mo Bao Fei Bao, fingers crossed she didn't get too much interference from investors and manage to pad out the episodes without us feeling it. I also realised that they are all participating in "internet safety competition" or something according to the subs, hahaha, did they change it so it could air on TV? *facepalm*

@Jafstar The screenplay is written by the author herself because she's a screenwriter so my assumption is that it'll follow the novel pretty accurately. But I can't comment much other than that since I didn't read the prequels and don't know what happened between Solo/Gun/Appledog besides a fall out.

@skibbies True, it actually took me a while to get into the story at first because of how Tong Nian was portrayed. I love Gun though!

Yes so far the show's off to a strong start! I am already shipping them so badly! The chemistry so far is just amazing. Both mains were perfect for their roles! Li Xian is especially perfect with that killer face and ice cold exterior - I can't stop staring :wub:

6 hours ago, skibbies said:

I also realised the sole screenwriter is the author Mo Bao Fei Bao, fingers crossed she didn't get too much interference from investors and manage to pad out the episodes without us feeling it. I also realised that they are all participating in "internet safety competition" or something according to the subs, hahaha, did they change it so it could air on TV? *facepalm*

When watching the first episode raw, I was so confused since I was expecting them to do competitive gaming/ESports, not doing IT cyber security. :crazy: For me, who loved the novels as they were, having this integral part be changed, is hugely disappointing. Attacking opponents’ servers with a virus? Blahh. How boring! Don’t get me wrong; I love MBFB’s writings, but I think she did wrong in changing the gaming aspect to cyber security, even if it was to get the drama aired as @skibbies mentioned. With watching this more carefully, you can see how they tried to cover over the areas where they took out the filmed areas of esports, ie. with dubbing in words about CTF, but then in some scenes, they show Gun’s computer with a game being played (at the cafe), or when TN got Gun’s WeChat, it clearly says “E-Sports”, nothing about Cyber Security. Anyways, sorry to sound like a whiny kid who’s gotten an ugly sweater as a gift and not the super cool Nike shoes they always wanted. :rolleyes: I’ll stop ranting! In any case, the leads are adorable together. :kiss:

Were there limitations on Cn dramas that portrays e-sports/gaming?(I remember the ban on BL dramas and some limitations that they put on fantasy period dramas)

One thing that made me interested about this drama is how they will show the e-sport industry since I played for a competitive e-sports in our local community for a short time. Its a pity that they changed it.

Archived