Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

2 hours ago, Jafstar said:

Just watched the first episode raw. Loving it so much that I want episode 2...now! lol 

@chloevstkawaii In the link below, this blogger explains that MBFB has made more than one script, and that the character of Hu Yi Tian is a special guest in Go Go Squid. However, this article was written in March 2018, so whether this has changed since then will remain for us to see. Guess we can kind of keep our hopes up. lol.

https://hui3r.wordpress.com/2018/03/19/go-go-squid-cast-announcement-for-dt-solo-and-xiao-mi/#more-23781

Oh thanks for this article link! This makes sense!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skibbies said:

His birthdate on ID card is 1989 Feb 14, he also mentions he's 30. She's clearly still in uni so I think they kept the age gap, which make sense, since Han Shang Yan's age means he can't be on the team but still fixated on the sport as an investor/manager.

At 41 episodes, I actually hope they incorporate some of it into this drama, since the novel is only 120k characters. (For comparison, Yangzi's Ashes of Love's novel was 200k characters but the drama had 60 ep, I think at least 20 ep were drama original.) 

One was an actual prequel detailing how dt and appledog met and stuff about the old team solo, appledog and gun were in. The other actually crossover with this one in terms of timeline, it starts earlier than this one and ends later than this one, with focus on e-sports side. It shows very different side of gun/Han Shangyan, but it's pretty important to his characterisation, it also tells you where he disappears to sometimes lol.

Do you think it's worth reading the other books? 

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I am so excited about this drama!

I also just watched the raw and it is soooooooo good! There are definitely elements of the other books in the series that fills the gaps in the story timeline. And based on the trailers and MVs, the author filled in ALOT more of Gun's true feelings and how sweet he is. Lots of cute and sweet moments....but probably a little more angst from the parents?

Li Xian, I think,  is the perfect Gun. The chemistry between Li Xian and Yang Zi is really amazing as well! They're right when they say it's going to be tooth rottenly good.

@chloevstkawaii the other books are very different from Stewed Squid...in that it's not as fluffy and alot more game focused. It does give you more background on Gun that's not covered in Stewed Honey but I think the drama will cover all those pieces based on the first episode. And Dt is really cool in the other books, so if you like him as a character,  it's worth a read.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Lululililululu said:

Hi everyone! I am so excited about this drama!

I also just watched the raw and it is soooooooo good! There are definitely elements of the other books in the series that fills the gaps in the story timeline. And based on the trailers and MVs, the author filled in ALOT more of Gun's true feelings and how sweet he is. Lots of cute and sweet moments....but probably a little more angst from the parents?

Li Xian, I think,  is the perfect Gun. The chemistry between Li Xian and Yang Zi is really amazing as well! They're right when they say it's going to be tooth rottenly good.

@chloevstkawaii the other books are very different from Stewed Squid...in that it's not as fluffy and alot more game focused. It does give you more background on Gun that's not covered in Stewed Honey but I think the drama will cover all those pieces based on the first episode. And Dt is really cool in the other books, so if you like him as a character,  it's worth a read.

Thank you! This was why I wasn't originally interested in the other books because from what I've heard, they were more game-focused and not fluffy like Stewed Squid. It does sound like the drama is going to incorporate parts of the prequels into this so I'll just wait to watch it. 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2019 at 11:27 AM, redlion said:

Tong Nian...... Are you drunk???:wub:

ahhhh. i can’t wait for this scene!! but makes me wonder, from all the teasers/clips we’ve seen there’s barely anything about cosplaying & japanese songs. yet it seems like the drama is quite true to the book.. hmm.. 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2019 at 11:56 AM, gracebkk said:

Sina interview (with more sweet scenes :wub:):

I love how they talk about their relationship being calm/smooth reminds me of Love o2o which i love dont  get me wrong I love drama but I also want to see trust and loyalty in romance as well

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote insta, twitter
  • Like 5

Where to watch this??!!!! Super huge fans of Yang Zi !!!!! She is soooooo adorable

• Like 1

Still skeptical on what they would be adding to the source material, so the show could reach the 41 episodes without dragging it.

And it seems like we are getting a lot of flashbacks from Gun's earlier years/team.

Yeah... they're incorporating some parts of the other books that tells us more of Gun and his background - lots of Team Solo days and probably go into more details of his past friendships and what they mean to him. And it also looks like they're expanding YaYa's role and romance with Xiao Mi? Although I had hoped that she might go with 97 like in the book. Lol. I'm really looking forward to all of the sweet moments. In the book,  Gun kept alot of his feelings to himself so it's not always clear to others.  But from what I've seen so far, Gun is more expressive and lots of kisses! I especially like the scene when they're on the bed and he told her that he's hers. Soooooo drool worthy. Probably in later eps. And I think they're probably going to add more angst to their breakup maybe even due to their ages and parent disapproval. But we'll see. So far I'm loving all the episodes!

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

I can’t keep my eyes off Li Xian during his scenes! He’s so good looking in this show! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

To those who understand Chinese & have read the books, can you tell is the script sticking to the novels in how Gun/Solo/Appledog broke apart? In episode 2, I saw the flashback with Gun & them, but couldn’t understand what exactly they were arguing about. :sweatingbullets: 

And for those (like me) who are patiently dying for subs: Viki’s subs are at 72% now! :D

Quick interview about Yangzi feelings about Tong nian as a character

I think someone posted this as a twitter video already im just posting this to have the option to watch this through youtube 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2019 at 4:06 AM, chloevstkawaii said:

Do you think it's worth reading the other books? 

I was actually rather disappointed by this book, even though I thought it was cute and fluffy. I didn't really like how the author characterised Tong Nian lol. I prefer appledog but she has very different relationship with dt, and yeah it's game focused, since it's her passion and dream. I still had issues with the book due to a particular plot point. The game bits weren't that hard to understand, it was just team shooting game, but I like MMO WNs so mhmmmm. Anyways, I sort of liked filling in the gaps across the books, and I really the friendship bits that show up in the other book, it was fun.

I also realised the sole screenwriter is the author Mo Bao Fei Bao, fingers crossed she didn't get too much interference from investors and manage to pad out the episodes without us feeling it. I also realised that they are all participating in "internet safety competition" or something according to the subs, hahaha, did they change it so it could air on TV? *facepalm*

• Like 4